• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Young Justice RP

"Hey Kal, you here to greet and meet the two new recruitments?" Dick chuckled, turning his head away from the holocomputer screen and looking at his friend and teammate who just walked in. The Team was getting two new recruits today, and Dick was rather curious and excited to meet the two. Of course, him being him, he did a thorough background search on the two, pulling up whatever information he could about the two. "Serena Ace and Evangeline "Eva" Prince." Dick read the names of the two girls out loud to Kaldur, pulling pictures of the two girls up. "Although I couldn't dig up much. Eva being that she's an amazonian, so she doesn't really have an identity with the normal society. On the other hand, Serena, she just doesn't have much. She just disappeared after the age of 17, and even then her life was very mundane." Dick said, scratching the side of his head lightly before rubbing the back of his neck.

Sighing, he turned off the holocomputer when the zeta tube powered up. "Wonder Woman 0-3. Night Angel (tell me the number you want). Nightmare 2-4." The female robotic voice announced as the three ladies walked in.

"Of course. As a team, we should greet our newest team members." Kal said with the slightest of smiles after Dick spoke to him. When he heard that one was an Amazonian, he thought that she'd be a good addition to the Team. However, when Dick talked about Serena, Kaldur became curious. Disappeared at 17? He promised himself to try and ask her as he had done with his other teammates. He mentally shook his head and stood tall as the zeta tube voice announced the arrival of the two recruits. Wonder Woman walked before the other two. Kaldur greeted, "Welcome, Wonder Woman, Nightmare and Night Angel."

Eva gave a bow of her head. While looking at each of them, she tried to recall their names. She heard stories and had seen a few of them before. "Aqualad, Night Wing, Kid Flash, Artemis, Miss Martian, Superboy, a pleasure to meet you all." Before today, she was apprehensive to the thought of meeting the protégés of the greatest heroes. She looked to her mentor who's stoic face barely glanced at her.

Wonder Woman looked to the Team. "Today the League has suggested for you all to take the day off and bond." She saw Robin open his mouth to protest. "Batman's orders." His mouth shut. Kid Flash pumped his fist into the air and shouted some indiscernible whoops of excitement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serena stood there awkwardly, feeling as if she didn't belong. She was no hero, no protege. She was just a girl that was lucky enough to be saved. She felt like she didn't belong. She actually didn't even know why she agreed to all of this. Honestly, she wanted to make a difference and all, but she was starting to regret it slightly. Of course, she was going to give all of this a try.

She gave everyone a light smile as her eyes looked from one person to the next, taking in their appearances. Serena actually didn't like the thought of spending the whole day with everyone, not that she disliked them or anything, it's just she's very shy and awkward around a lot of people, especially strangers. Of course, it was probably a good thing to try at least, she was going to be working with them, so might as well get use to them.

"Whelp, if it's Bat's orders then we can't disobey." Dick chuckled. "Well, welcome to the base. If you don't already know, I'm Nightwing but you can call me Dick." He introduced himself. He figured that Serena didn't know much of who they are, and he saw how uncomfortable she was and hoped that he could ease her into this whole thing. "Well, let's head to the lounge and get ourselves settled and such before going on the full blown tour and ending the day with some fun on the beach." Dick suggested, looking at everyone for any objections or other suggestions.

Eva smiled at the suggestion of traveling to the beach. She remembered how much she loved the beaches by her home and how long it has been since she's been to one. After Wonder Woman left with a quick goodbye and good luck, Eva took a glance at the other girl she arrived with. She was fairly quiet when the two were first introduced at the Hall of Justice. She hoped that Serena would open up after they spoke more. They followed the Team to the lounge, and Eva took a seat on a cushioned chair that was angled toward the others on couch and a large flat screen TV.

Aqualad smiled at the two newest recruits after everyone got comfortable in the large lounge. "Why don't we begin with introductions?" he suggested. After everyone introduced themselves to the two, Kaldur asked, "Now what brings you here to the Team?"

Serena had no problem with what Dick suggested. Then again, she had no problem with most things. She was a fairly easy going girl that would agree to most things. She followed the others to the lounge, taking a seat at the corner section of one of the couches besides Kaldur because that was the only open corner spot, and there was no way she was going to sit in the middle of someone.

She started to feel very nervous as everyone looked at her, she had nearly missed Kaldur's question question because she was feeling so nervous and uncomfortable. "Uhh well I'm Nightmare, but you guys can just call me Serena. As for what brings me to this place, well I just want to help out, make a difference behind the scene." She answered his question after introducing herself. Although that was' the only reason why. She was doing this as a way to repay the Justice League members for saving her, she only saw it as fitting.

Curling her feet up onto the couch, she kind of created a personal bubble around herself. She just didn't feel to comfortable at the moment.

Kaldur nodded his head. He saw how she wanted to be alone for the moment, so he offered comfort in a smile. "That's very noble of you, Serena." Kaldur turned the attention of the Team to Eva to ease the tension that Serena may feel. "What brings you here, Night Angel?"

Eva thought to herself how nervous the other must feel. I wish I could help her... She turned her attention to Aqualad, or Kaldur, when he asked her the same question. "I... my mentor, Wonder Woman, felt that I was ready to leave her tutelage and join a Team whose goal is to protect and serve the people." More truthfully, she wanted to learn from others who wanted to fight for justice. That was how she was raised in her home. She inquired, "How often do you go on missions?"

Serena looked at Eva, curious as to why she joined. Of course, the answer that Eva gave Kaldur was one that Serena has expected. She started to feel more out of place as she thought about herself. She had no training, she wasn't anyone's protege, she was just some random teen that was picked up kind of. But, she wasn't going to let her doubts and such stop her from trying to make this all work. Plus she needed to surround herself with people that would accept her, and she was definitely not going to get that in the outside world.

"Honestly, it's sporadic. Sometimes it's very often, sometimes it's barely one or two in a month. The amount of missions really just depends on what's happening around the world really. So, like right now there's not much for us to do besides laze around and such." Dick answered Eva's question. "How much training have you two have?" Dick asked, looking at Eva for her to answer first.

Eva nodded her head at the answer. She wondered how difficult the missions could be... When Dick asked her about training, she just shrugged. "More or less enough to insure that I can stay safe on an island full of warrior women." she joked. Her tone became more serious. "But yes, I've had formal training for a very long time." Eva then looked to Serena for her answer. Even if the two had only met recently, Eva knew that Serena didn't want to talk about her past. When they met, she didn't get an answer as to what her past was... The Amazon teen was curious.

Kaldur glanced at Serena for her answer. He needed to know their strengths and weaknesses and how to improve their skills. As a leader figure, he made sure to know at least the very basics of his teammates.

Serena shrunk back slightly when everyone looked at her again. "I had a lot of training with my powers, but fighting wise not much." She answered after a small moment of silence. The only fighting experience she had was from her three years of kick boxing that she took as a hobby of sorts, but it's been two years since she's swung a punch or anything. So, she highly doubt that she could even fight properly at this point. Of course, all of this just made her feel more out of place. She was pretty sure that everyone in the place had had years of training and such.

"Well as long as you got a handle on your powers then that's good. Some training and such and you'll be able to fight like one of us in no time, so don't sweat that." Dick assured her with a smile. "Oh, what skills and abilities and powers do you two have? I know a bit about Eva from Wonder Woman and such, but you Serena," he looked at her, "Your slate is blank like a sheet of paper."

Eva looked away for a moment. She didn't like to talk about herself, it was narcissistic in her eyes. However, this was for the team to know, so she spoke softly. "There's not much to say when it comes to me. I'm just your average Amazon, flight, 'super' human strength, hand-to-hand combat." She shook her head as she smirked.

Kaldur thought, a blank sheet of paper... He saw how nervous Serena was, so he spoke, "Let's not worry about the details. We can always take the time to spar and test how well you fare in a simulated fight." He didn't keep eye contact with anyone as he looked around. Wally was quite jittery. Kaldur could tell that he really wanted to go to the beach.

"So you're pretty much a teen Wonder Woman." Dick chuckled. He didn't really expect any less of her, he kind of figured that since she came from the same place as Wonder Woman then she would have the same skills and abilities and such. He looked over at Serena, wanting to hear what she could do, only to have Kaldur speak up. Dick internally frowned, but he agreed with Kaldur. "Whelp, I guess we could head to the beach. Well, we probably should before Wally blows up." He joked, chuckling as he looked at his friend who looked like a hyperactive monkey trying to sit still.

Serena let out a small sigh of relief when Kaldur spoke up. She wasn't comfortable with her powers. All her life she's been taught to hide them and to never let anyone know, and she was still use to that. Although she was not looking forward to the spar, she already knew that she wasn't going to do well at all. On the other hand, she was fairly excited about the beach, it's been a while since she's been to one.

Kaldur nodded. He dismissed everyone to get their beach stuff, but asked the Serena to stay for a minute. "How are you feeling? About this team? You seemed pretty nervous." He took a seat across from her, in the spot where Eva just was. "I don't mean to scare you, I just want to know how you're doing." He silenced himself before listening to her answer.

Eva followed the Team after Kaldur told them to get ready. As she was the last one out of the lounge, she heard Kaldur ask Serena if she was alright. Eva worried about the other girl... She cleared her mind of these thoughts as she watched Wally and the others rush to their rooms to get ready. While she walked beside Dick, she commented, "Wally is a ball of fun and excitement, isn't he?"

Serena relaxed a bit when everyone left, but she was still a little on edge. "To be honest, I'm just really nervous and I don't know, this is all just very new to me and it's just a lot to take in. I mean, I feel like I don't belong in a way. I mean, you guys pretty much know each other, have had proper training and have been in this business for a while. While me, on the other hand, no training besides what my mother taught me and I've never done anything like this. Sorry if I'm talking much and just venting, it's just, all of this is really a lot to take in." She said, letting out a long sigh at the end as she felt the weight lift off her chest. She felt better after telling Kaldur what was going on in her mind.

Dick chuckled and shook his head lightly, "Oh you have no idea. I'm surprised that he didn't hit on you or Serena yet, though I highly doubt that he's going to stop himself later not he beach." He looked down at Eva from the corner of his eyes as he walked with her. "Honestly, you're probably going to get annoyed of him pretty quickly once he starts running his mouth again." Dick chuckled. "Well, other than that, how are you feeling about all of this?"

Kaldur nodded his head. He empathized with her. He responded, "When we all joined the Team, I felt as though we were all different, coming from different backgrounds. But after a number of missions, we realized that even if we came from other backgrounds, we all fought as a team for a purpose. It may sound cliché, but it's true." He paused thinking what next to say. "You don't need to worry about not fitting in. We all don't quite 'fit in', but we do our best to be a team here." His smile never left his face as he spoke.

To lighten the mood, he asked, "Why don't we get ready?" Kaldur stood up and offered his hand. "Shall we?"

Eva hid her light laughter behind her hand. "I'm sure Serena and I can handle it. I'm feeling alright. Everyone is really friendly." She smiled when she thought of how open the Team was. "However, I am a little worried." she explained further. "Serena didn't seem like she was excited... well, as excited as Wally was." she joked. "I really hope that she doesn't feel like something's wrong... I just hope that today's beach day will help us all relax."

They approached two doors that faced each other, each had their hero names engraved into the name plates. "Nice touch." she remarked with a smirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back