• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Young Justice: Out of the Spotlight

Shog

The Infinite Being
The Reach have left the Earth, War World has disappeared from the night sky, and all of the magnetic field disruptors have been destroyed. The Earth is saved and everyone can go home happy, right? Well, not exactly. The events that transpired with the Reach revealed the presence of the Meta-Gene, and now everyone wants in on the action. Not everyone has a Meta-Gene and even those that do many not be able to access it. While we know very little about it, what we do know has led organizations across the world to try and weaponize Meta-Humans. You just happen to be one of these unfortunate souls. You have been taken from your daily lives to an unknown facility where the Meta-Gene has been tortured into activation. You are now being trained to hone your powers in groups. No one is quite sure why, but many suspect their captors are at least developing ways to make them loyal soldiers. Is this a life you want? Didn't think so. If you want out, you'll need to work together. Let's see how long you last.

CS: Young Justice: Out of the Spotlight CS
OOC: Young Justice: Out of the Spotlight OOC

Last edited:
Today was not the day. Today would go down just like any other. Wake up, exercise, eat, work through whatever tests and exercises they set up for him, lunch, train with others, eat dinner, blood work and other biological exams (as well as a psychological one), clean up, bed. It was the same as almost every day. Ethan didn't know what day it was and was unsure how long he'd been locked in himself. Still, today was not the day. Not unless something of note happened, at least. He was working on a plan himself, but he needed a plan. As of now he was looking for those he could trust with an escape plan. He had a few ideas, but had to wait until lunch before attempting to contact any of them. Of course, they were all under constant surveillance so he'd have to be careful.

The morning passed relatively painlessly and soon it was lunch. He entered the large room that passed for the mess hall. Just like almost every room here the floor, walls, and ceiling were pristine white. Trays were waiting at most seats with food waiting for them. Ethan entered at the same time as everyone else and chose his normal seat at the end of a table towards the corner. He originally chose this corner because he could sit without anyone behind him (not even a guard). While he ate, Ethan observed the others. He had taken note of their skills, how much they sucked up to the guards and scientists, and what they were capable of.

Alice walked into the mess hall rubbing her arms "you know you don't have to be so rough, I am a Delicate lady!" She says to the guards with a glare before she goes to her seat next to Ethan "So how were your tests today?" Alice ask's as she sits down looking at her food "you know the least they could do is make the food more appetizing" she adds picking at what looks to be chicken or some other kind of poultry. "My test's were horrible! they submerged me in a tank filled with ice cold water! I almost died!" Alice vents not even giving Ethan a chance to answer her first question. Alice take's a break to sample the food "Yeah don't eat this it's gross" She manages to say as she chocks down her food. "I could honestly go for a burger topped with so much cheese" Alice states licking her lips then actually turning to Ethan "If you'd like to answer my Question I'm open to actually listening now" She smiles

Bobby walked wearily towards his tray, finding another less then friendly Denizen of their stark white prison had already grabbed his, and eyed him menacingly as he approached. "hey isnt that..." he started to say but when the other guy put the fork town and turned towards him he backed up with his hands raised, "on second thought you look pretty hungry, enjoy." he made his way to the water cooler and filled up a cup taking it to the table which sat adjacent to Ethan and Alice's. He kept sneaking glances at them from the corner of his eye, a grin lined his face for a moment and turned his head so they wouldnt see his lips purse as he mimicked the sounds of the guards Walkie talkie and threw his voice so that the sound seemed to come from the walkie talkie itself. "officer miller, report!" he made the walkie talkie seem to say. He never seemed to get bored of messing with the staff here. Turning to look at Ethan and Alice again a mischievious grin came to his face as he plotted how he was going to mess with them as well.​

To say Ethan was deep in thought would definitely be an overstatement, but he certainly was thinking. He barely gave Alice a second glance as she sat down. This wasn't because he disliked her, but was used to it at this point. Truth be told, he had actually grown quite fond of Alice over the months and was one of the only people he felt truly comfortable talking to. While perky may not be the correct word to describer her, she had a certain trait that seemed to brighten his day. The weirdest part, in his opinion, was that she was the type of girl he'd avoid at all costs back in high school. Oh how times have changed.

"No water for me," Ethan replied after Alice finished venting. "Instead they wanted to see how much impact force I could negate. For some reason they thought shooting me with rubber bullets from an air cannon was the best way to test this. So why'd they try and drown you?"

He held out his arm to display his fresh bruises. It wasn't all that bad in truth, but certainly not pleasant. Then again, when was pleasant used to describe anything in this hell hole? He noticed Bobby stealing glances in their direction, but never thought much of it. He was a known trickster with somewhat of a reputation among the staff being simultaneously rambunctious and cooperative. And a possible ally. His control over sound could be very useful in an escape attempt. Still, if he had any loyalties to this place or if his trickster attitude came out too much he could foil their entire plan. There was no doubt in Ethan's mind that they would have only one shot at an escape, so he had to be careful. They had maybe a 1% chance to actually make it out, but that was enough for him. Anything above 0% was possible and wasn't going to be deterred.

Last edited:
"Oh My God, They said something about trying to break out of the tank with the paper at the bottom" Alice said with a pause as she noticed Bobby looking over at them "Prankster." She commented "But anyway problem about that is paper is useless when wet like how do they not know this?" Alice said with a lot of hand gestures through out her disjointed response. Alice finally looked at his arms "Wow dick moves using a cannon! like who does that?" She asks Ethan "I mean clearly don't answer that because obviously who ever runs this place would do that" She adds with a laugh trying to not only perk herself up but also Ethan who she considers her only friend in this hell hole.

Alice watched Ethan glance over at Bobby and gives him a look and whispers "So please tell me you're not thinking about adding you know who to the you know what" Alice slyly gestures over to bobby "They helped him discover his ability and it allowed him to hear and speak...who knows if he can be trusted" She says even lighter than her last question and in doing so has gotten a bit closer then she should without realizing and backs off a little.

Last edited:
Bobby chuckled to himself as the guard tapped his walkie's button and spoke to the cheif of security. His chuckle ended when the walkie crackled and said something or another, and the guards eyes narrowed at bobby. In an attempt to play as if he had nothing to do with it bobby simply scooped his water up and took a seat at the open chair of Ethan & Alice's table. "They shot you!?!" he said with surprise as he inserted himself into the conversation moments as alice scooted back from Ethan. "who the hell came up with that brilliant idea?" he added with alot of sarcasm. "they just had me mimicing voices again, i think it was the president and some forign dignitaries this time...Why theyd want that is beyond me." he smiled in an attempt to appear as unthreatening as possible. The growl of his stomach made him blush in embarreament adding to the effect.

"Maybe..." Ethan whispered back just before Bobby sat down. In some ways he actually envied Bobby. His abilities tended to be much less physical than his, and as such the tests he endured were generally less physically intense. Well, that's what he gathered at the very least, never having actually seen Bobby's morning training himself.

"The sadist in charge of my testing," Ethan said with a small grin. Alice's comment from earlier had actually gotten him to chuckle a bit and put him in a better mood. Some days he just had to remind himself there was no point in being miserable, even in these conditions.

By this time Ethan had choked down maybe two thirds of his food, but decided Bobby needed the rest more than he did. Besides, sucking up couldn't be a bad idea if he wanted Bobby to be more cooperative later. He shoved his tray towards him and said "Here, I'm done."

Alice watched Ethan give Bobby his food "you know what, you're gonna eat." She says and moves her tray in between Ethan and herself "Also I don't like it and I don't wanna eat it all" She adds before taking another bite and choking it down some more. "I'm not gonna have you collapse during our group training" Alice tells Ethan but also looks at Bobby as to say the same to him. "But you know they're probably recording your sessions bobby as to try to bring down other countries" She speculates as she starts twirling her hair around a finger "But who know's with this place they might use it to make funny voice overs for movies" Alice Shrugs somewhat enjoying that Idea more then the first one she thought up.

Bobby didnt hesitate at all sliding Ethans tray in front of him and starting on his first bite while somehow still managing to get a "Thanks" out. After a few moments of chewing he aknowledged Ethans remark " Sadist? You must mean Dr.Rolf, guys got major problems thats for sure." the food on the tray disappeared remarkabley quickly. Sitting back and dabbing his face with a napkin he chuckled a bit. "hey if they are pitting me in movies i want my cut...not sure where id spend it but fair is fair." he looked to the left and the right making sure they wernt being watched before leaning in, he set a few bite sized snickers bars on the table. "my little way of saying thanks..." he said, again looking around the room, it wouldnt do to get caught with contraband.

Ethan nearly choked on the food he was gratefully eating from Alice's plate when he saw the candy bars. His mind immediately flashed with dozens of questions, but only decided a few were worth asking or keeping in mind. He immediately attracted all of them to his hand and pulled it under the table where he snuck a couple towards Alice. After clearing his throat he nodded his thanks and acted like nothing had happened. He didn't scan the entire room to avoid looking suspicious, but saw nothing out of place. "Dr. Rolf, huh? I've never seen him or heard his name mentioned before. Then again, I'm a bit less cooperative than you. How do you know him?"

Ethan was hoping this could lead to some interesting revelations about how to escape. As is he was already thinking about using his Snickers bars to cause a distraction. He tried to catch Alice's eye as if to say "If we can trust him, I think we should take him with." Over the months he'd grown quite adept at giving simple messages to Alice just by looking at her. Sometimes others found it a bit odd, but it mostly went unnoticed.

Alice saw the snickers and drooled a little, it's been so long since she's last had something good to eat she nearly took them all right off the table in a not so graceful manner when Ethan saved them all from possible trouble. Alice took the two Ethan slyly offered her from under the table. She gave Ethan a look that said thanks "I think I've heard that name before...Now I could be wrong but I think they've threatened to give me to Dr. Rolf if i didn't behave during one of my tests" Alice says as she stuffs the snickers up her bra. "Although I don't really pay attention to the guards" Alice shrugs with a smile on her face knowing she's probably the one the guards hate the most.

Alice notices Ethan's telling look and gives him one back that says "You have a point." Although Alice really only want's to keep bobby around now is for his contraband that she has no idea he has or how he gets but She now sees Bobby in a better light than what she had seen him in.

Bobby watches as the two exchanged looks somethings definitly up. He thought to himself but decoded to wait and see if he could figure out what it was.
"i havent actually met him yet, its like you said, they threaten me with him when they get butt hurt about me making them look stupid." this time he didnt lean in he simply moved his lips and his normal voice continued to spout nonsense about the food, the lights, even the guards. However a whisper could be heard by Ethan and Alice, as if it had originated from the mere few inches between thw two of their heads. "Alright so heres the deal, if you want something i can get it as long as it fits in a pocket. I get stuff every thursday when the guards change shift, i cant tell ya how so dont ask. Keep in mind, unless its a matter of life and death, nothing is free. I do for you and you do for me." when the whisper stopped so did the normal speaking voice that hid it. He had made this same offer to a few others, and was running quite the raquet. Unfortunatly he couldnt expand the buisness, the more people who knew about it greater the risk of his ability being discovered. He had learned of his hypnotic voice about three months ago, and it has been an uphill battle keeping it underwraps. So far no one was aware, not even the guard Mr.Burke who kept bringing him the contraband at his hypnotic request. He intended to keep it that way as long as he could.

Ethan nodded in agreement. It sounded reasonable to him. By now he was contemplating broaching the subject of escape, but was unsure as to how. He also wanted to double check with Alice first, but felt more confident now that she seemed more at ease with Bobby. Before he could think of something, however, the buzzer sounded, signaling the end of lunch. Most of the room stood up almost simultaneously and headed towards the main doors, leaving their dirty dishes on the tables. Once the doors opened the guards began calling out who was in which group for the day. Coincidentally, Ethan, Alice, and Bobby were all in the same group as well as a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back