Yofulness

The name's Breech Loader, I'm a writer of fanfiction and on top of that, I'm trying to turn some of my best fanfiction into books. I love writing more than anything, and the only thing more fun than writing is two people writing with one end goal!

Hey, I've had this name ever since I invented an OC that I wanted to name after a gun part!

That's awesome! I also give my characters quirky names sometimes: Sea Dog, Arm & Leg, Hitluck etc. I do hold all the literary weird close to my heart, that's fo sho!

What kinda genres do you write, dude?

I like writing action, adventure, and romance, and how much depends on how old you convince me you are. I've done horror and suspense too, though!
I love Black Comedy in my writing.

21+ for sure. I'll be honest—I'm a bit of literary libertine myself. Like Philip Roth and Thomas Pynchon says (probably), nothing wrong with a bit of obscenity and gratuitous vulgarity in your words.

I do like to include a lot of gore, sex and violence in my stories, often for (blackened or surreal) comedic value. That's one thing we share, certainly!

I like to mix genres and concepts fo sho—conspiracies, labyrinths, doppelgangers, slipstreams etc. A bit of them all. Makes everything a bit more original but weird.

Out of plain curiosity, how long have you been roleplaying? And where did you roleplay before you ended up here?

Oh lord, I've been RPing since... Oh, I can't even remember, probably since the day we got dial-up in this house. That's quite a long time ago. My most favorite fandom is Sonic the Hedgehog, but there's been others.

There's been some major traumatic experiences in my Roleplays - torture is not what I'd call a kink, but I like to see it done right. Also the build-up of relationships. And parts where relationships don't go perfectly.

Oh lord, I've been RPing since... Oh, I can't even remember, probably since the day we got dial-up in this house. That's quite a long time ago. My most favorite fandom is Sonic the Hedgehog, but there's been others.

Man, that's long. I'd say wack but that'd be just rude. Mad respect, dude.

There's been some major traumatic experiences in my Roleplays - torture is not what I'd call a kink, but I like to see it done right. Also the build-up of relationships. And parts where relationships don't go perfectly.

I don't think I've much of a kink either, to be honest, or a big hooker for romance. Sometimes, won't lie, it gets pretty weird. I like to focus on the story and the action, though they do feature romance and familial relationships as a focal point. Can't say writing romance for the heck of it is a big jig for me. Doesn't jive well with the fat de la soul, you know?

Also, as far roleplaying goes, do you focus on the story or the characters?

I'm not quite sure what the difference is between focusing on the story or the characters - although I do love focusing on the development of characters. And if I can find a way to continue the story with those characters, then so much the better.

I'm not quite sure what the difference is between focusing on the story or the characters - although I do love focusing on the development of characters. And if I can find a way to continue the story with those characters, then so much the better.

A lot of people like to focus on individual characters for sure, but I've met some people who've got a more holistic idea of stories, myself included, who treat characters as extensions or elements of the story rather than the catalyst of the story (in which case the story would be the extension of the character).

But never mind that. Odd question. Pulled out of the ass. Speaking of ass, how much ass-pulling do you do in roleplays? And when I say ass-pulling, I mean just straight up improv. A lot of people I've met like to thoroughly plot out their stories and themes.

Well, I generally pick a direction "X and Y are going to be together. And 'this' is going to get in their way - 'this' sometimes involves kidnaps, rescues, and somebody getting shot or misunderstandings or violent explosions" Then I start with a friend, and we start the improv (I love improv) to see if we can get there with as many explosions as possible. If we can't, it looks like it's been a different story to what I imagined.

Although, sometimes there are parts of a story that definitely need a roadmap - although if roadmaps these days are any indication, there's a window right there for 'em.

I guess it's pretty much the same for me! I do create a basic plan sometimes but I change it on the fly zig-zaggity like. Fractals, if you will.

Tell me a bit about your fanfiction. You like sonic, that's fo sho, but have you any other interests in the field? Also, tell me a bit about those fanfiction you're trying to turn into books. That sounds like a hucka interesting matter, if you ask me!

Well, the fanfic I'm trying to turn into a book was actually an AU fanfic called Prison Island Break. It's slavish work, turning animals into super-powered humans, plus of course there's a ton of editing to do in order to improve the story in general.

I've also done all sorts of fandoms including Team Fortress 2, Transformers, Inside Out, South Park, Big Hero 6 and heck, A Goofy Movie. It's not so much the fandoms, as the potential for exploring their characters' lives, usually minor characters - the Big Hero 6 story (My Demons Are The Wind) was about Fred getting over his drug addiction while A Goofy Movie (Anything Or Nothing) was about PJ's relationship with his abusive dad.

Editing. One of the many banes of my existence. Someday, it'll kill me. . . someday. . .

I always try writing a full length novel. I usually give up in the prologue. I do remember that one time I managed to extend a prologue to 20,000 words through extreme streams of consciousness and random tangents of absolute banality before I lost my progress to the deep of the seas.

I oughta write and finish something, so I always say to myself.

Do you have any other hobbies or interests beside reading? I myself am a great patron (but not quite) of the literary and auditory arts.

I play the ukelele. I take ukelele classes. I write poetry. I take poetry classes. I like comedy. I take comedy classes. I perform ukelele, poetry, and comedy. I write songs and perform them, and I've written scripts to stand-up and skits, and the large chunk of a comedy play called Robots Vs Zombies, and performed as the lead villain in it, a robot AI called The TAP Project. (The The Android Project Project)

And I play a lot of video games.
I'm also fond of movies. I can memorise entire movies.

And, then, someday, you'll finding yourself turning into a ukulele. I wonder if you've ever done a comedy show that features, extensively, ukeleles and poesy.

Movies! I certainly do watch a lot of movies. I'm starting to think I'm becoming a teevee man, yanno! :neutralteeth:

Yes, actually. I have multiple times performed a song of my own writing that is comedic, and played while singing on my ukelele. On stage. I also perform gigs in a group.

I have about 400 DVDs. It's difficult to count series of shows in those big bulk packs, so I count them by season. I like horror movies and manga and gory movies like Alien and Predator - why don't movies have blood any more?

Man, I remember my ukelele days. I asked my father to get one and he thought it was pretty cool that I was turning musical so he bought me one and I strummed on it once or thrice before I gave up. Meanwhile, my brother studied the organ and piano (mainly, organ) for a while before leaving due to personal issues of his own. If I'm correct, he still knows how to play an organ though I've yet to see a single Hammond in his home. He says it's all electronic these days. Well, I said to him, I don't see a moog in your house either. And he shrugged it off.

He's not very musical, to be honest.

But gigs in a group. That sounds interesting. Is it a band?

It's not a band, but it's a group - there's about 15 of us, and it includes several ladies on ukelele, and others on percussion, and we sing and translate songs into other languages. I pretty much taught myself though.

I learned music timings when I learned to play the piano at 8 - I've forgotten all my piano chords now though.

That sounds like some neat folk stuff. I do remember one internet friend who was heavily interested in that kind of stuff. Was Swedish too, at that.

Ah, I absolutely suck at music timings. Harmonizing? What's up with that, is what I always say. That and I'm trying to work on my jazz improvisational skills. I utterly suck at it. Especially when it comes to, you know, cramming all the different instruments into one listenable and coherent and whole package. Woes of a solo artist wrangling with multi instrument works.

Can you play other instruments aside from the Ukelele?

Last edited:
I harmonise because my voice is too low to sing many female parts otherwise. However most country music and men's parts I can sing normally, and a few other female singers. I also use a tenor ukelele, not one of the little soprano ones. It's the largest size of uke. I'm good with chords because all of my fingers are double-jointed.

Like I said, I used to play the piano, but not any more. I'd need a few refresher classes. It's easier to learn something when you focus.

Singing. Ack! I sound like an owl at day or the rustling of an awl in a midsummer storm or a crow at dusk time sulking on top of line wires and telephone poles. And, like Torquemada (from Nemesis and 2000 AD, that is) says, “Behave!” and which I follow to the letter by never quite singing. I wish I had a low myself, you know, but life hardly ever gives what you most require or what you think you most require but you probably don't.

Amen. It's better to focus on one thing and be a master at it, that's fo sho, rather than become a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back