• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern *xSoulsAchingx*

Tyler Patterson

tumblr_nk4hy0wnmD1unjjfxo2_500.gif

Feeling: Concerned

Tyler jumped a little when he felt his phone vibrate against his leg, who was texting him this early? Tyler plucked his phone from his leg to find a text message from Layla. He smiled. Layla was his best friend and quite possibly the only friend he had this close to him that was female. Not counting Isabelle. Tyler drew his attention away from Isabelle slightly to respond to Layla. After sending the text as quickly as he could, Tyler reverted his gaze back to the road.

He was suddenly reminded that Isabelle might not like him texting another girl on a date with her, but something was up with Lay. She could understand that right? It was almost as if she was just another one of the guys. A really cute guy. Hey, he said almost.

Layler
them
Hey...I know it's late, but do you mind if I talk to you about something? If you're with Isabelle then don't worry about it. I just didn't know who else I could talk to about it. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE] :/ [FONT='Shadows Into Light'][B][SIZE=18px][COLOR=#fde5ab]
me
Hey, Lay. I am with Is right now, but I've got time. What's up, girly?

This is invisible...

With: Isabelle

Mentions: Isabelle and Layla

@sprouhtt @JaneXJeff

Last edited by a moderator:

[border]
A V R I L

8iEbknAyT.png
img-thing
|MOOD| Nervous-ish

|TAGS| @Blizzard

|WITH| Henry

8iEbknAyT.png

[/border]
[border]
Avril had thrown money into the cowboy hat, feeling that this boy truly deserved it. In any other situation, though, she would've just listened and walked away, keeping her money in her pocket but this was different. Avril watched him, his movements, how he looks so at ease and relaxed playing his guitar and all that did was make her smile even more. That moment when he caught her eyes, Avril's heart fluttered. What was that? She wasn't sure, the feeling was foreign. Avril looked down for a while, just examining her shoes before finding the courage to peer back at the boy even though he was no longer looking at her.

After a few more songs, the boy was finished and the crowd dispersed. Avril stayed where she was just thinking of where her next destination would be. Originally, she hadn't decided on a set destination, she was just going to wander and let her feet take her somewhere. Eventually, after a lot of thinking
not really, she decided to stick with her original idea. Just as she was about to walk off, they boy's voice stopped her. She laughed at his words, a slight blush creeping up her neck. Avril didn't get many compliments, at least not from handsome boys. She took his hand in hers and shook it. "With such a talented player it's hard not to enjoy. Avril." Letting go of his hand she smiled at him, "Your music really is good though." She said, her hand subconsciously reaching for her hair to twirl. It wasn't flirting that she was trying to do, just that she felt kinda nervous and that was what she did when she was nervous.
[/border]

tumblr_inline_nfb6vfaFj21qcab5a.gif

WITH: NO ONE

MENTIONS: Tyler
@Iskolde

FEELING: IRRITATED

Hearing her phone buzz loudly against the table, Layla reluctantly opened her eyes and unlocked her phone. She silently red the message, her irritation only spiking with the help of a bit of jealousy. She leaned back in the booth and stared out the window silently. The streets were practically bare, but that just meant better conditions for her to run in. After the morning she had, it wouldn't surprise her if she ended up spending half the day running to clear her head.

Layla typed up a quick response, rolling her eyes as she hit send. The last thing she felt like doing was burdening him with her issues while he was on his little date.

Ty
me
Hey...I know it's late, but do you mind if I talk to you about something? If you're with Isabelle then don't worry about it. I just didn't know who else I could talk to about it. [/B] :/ [B]
them
Hey, Lay. I am with Is right now, but I've got time. What's up, girly?
me
Oh...It's about Charles, but if you're with her then don't bother worrying about it. Sorry to bother.

tumblr_n673d4LY5H1qah5ozo1_1280.jpg
740full-marina-nery.jpg
9d96dc9d1da87b0f761aa5ca9d79db29.jpg

tags: @Fallen from Heaven

As soon as Cassie finished her toast, she quickly grabbed her coat and made her way to the car. She was already late. She started the engine, before pressing on the gas. She had to admit, she drove recklessly. It wasn't her fault, it was just the fact that she was
always late. No matter how early she woke up.

Sooner or later, she arrived at her office building. She made her way inside, grabbed a cup of coffee the receptionist handed her, and pressed the 'up' button on the elevator. As soon as the doors went open, she noticed a male inside. About the same age as her, if not older. She gave a forced smile and stepped into the elevator. "Level 4, please." She said sweetly. He leaned forward and pressed the button. As awkward as it was, he kept staring at her. Soon enou, she got irritated and faced him.

"I know you are staring at me, godammit." She says blatantly. He grinned.

"Well, you look pretty hot. How about you give me your number?" He flirted.

"I'm gay." She spat, thankfully just before the elevator reached the level. Annoyed, she stepped out and headed towards the photo shoot.

As she was on the way there, she pulled out her phone to text Lena.

LenaBear
me
Oml babe.... This guy just tried to hit on me. And it was in an elevator.... I WAS TRAPPED!!!

bbcode credit to ecstasyia

Mentions: @Starry Night

Henry blushed a little after she complimented him back. He had been complimented a lot before but this time was special, there was something different about the girl that stood infront of him. He felt his heart start beating fast again.
"A pleasure to meet you Avril, awesome name by the way, and you're too kind. Thanks for the nice compliments and the cowboy hat contributions. You really do have a great smile, don't stop smiling, ever." He said as he laughed, He took a moment to admire her beauty. This was the part where he usual just walked away but something inside him was gravitating towards Avril. "Umm you have any plans? I really could use some coffee right now and I know a place close by if you want, my treat." The words were out of his mouth before he could think about what he was saying. She was a person he had just met and he was asking her out for coffee? He had a pretty good guess at what might follow and braced himself for a slap or maybe a punch.

Lena Goldfinch

tumblr_ml50yfGZ8r1snoxgxo1_500.gif

Well, that's another reason not to leave your phone just lying around the apartment. After rolling out of bed, Lena had to spend a good five minutes searching for it before finding it wedged in between the couch cushions. She dug it out and scrolled through her many messages- one from Cassie and one from the phone company reminding her she was almost out of data roaming. And thirty different Facebook messages from the people from high school that she couldn't bring herself to unfriend. Kids that had beaten her up in middle school were on that friends list, which why she kept her page as straight as straight could be and never wrote anything significant.

Checking her phone and realising that she was going to be late, she decided to get dressed while she checked her phone. That lead to an awkward "one-handed texting whilst pulling a shirt on with the other hand" kind of race that she was destined to lose.

Supernova
me
Do you think that counts as harasmnt? You can't just hit on people in the elevator. Taht's creepy.
me
*harrassment *that's
me
Do I keed to kick his ass?
me
*need
me
Sorry, multitasking over here!

She ended up tripping over herself and landing on her face and she's definitely going to be late now. Ugh.

Buses. There were buses that came around this way around this time and that would definitely be the quickest way to work. As soon as she untangles her shirt and pulls it on properly, she grabs her shoes and tugs them on, not bothering to tie her shoelaces. She's late. She has no time for shoelaces. She just has to pray that she doesn't fall over again because she'd hate to be that weirdo that fell over getting onto to the bus. She grabs her bag and she's out the door.

The next bus comes in ten minutes and she takes the time to carefully apply her make-up, pushing up her glasses out of the way. She hates her glasses. For years now, Lena has pretended they're nothing more than a fashion statement but she's honestly blind without them. She fixes her make-up, drawing around her eyes and painting on her lips, before closing her compact mirror and slipping it back into her bag. She knots her hair up out of the way carefully. She wants to look perfect as ever. She needs to look perfect as ever. She shoulders her bag, just in time to catch the bus and take a seat by the window.

Tess Fauna

tumblr_m3x17miAaJ1r6jst4o1_500.gif

Mood: tired as hell, Wary..

Interaction: Madden

Tagged:
@Iskolde

Tess smiled, taking the girl's hand, snapping into her 'Social' mode. "Miss Madden." She said, shaking the hand gentle, before they both withdrew. The boss looked at the two nodding, "Dismissed." Was the only word that they wanted to hear. Tess got up, placing her notebook untop the new folder she was given. "I except the tomorrow after noon." She heard the boss say, not looking up from the papers on her desk. Tess nodded, heading for the door. She kept her confident strides until she got out the room, walking to her desk and slumped lazily. Sighing, she unplugged her laptop, putting it in the bag with the folder as well. Once she had everything she needed, she headed for the exit. Cell and keys in hand. She chewed the inside of her cheek as she looked down at her flats. "Coffee. Food. Home. Work." She said briefly and walking to her car.

[border]
A V R I L

8iEbknAyT.png
img-thing
|MOOD| Excited

|TAGS| @Blizzard

|WITH| Henry

8iEbknAyT.png

[/border]
[border]
Her face was heating up and she was getting redder by the second. So many compliments from someone so good looking was really doing a number on Avril. "You're welcome and thanks for the compliment, I'll smile just for you." Avril looked at Henry, more specifically, his eyes. They were just so blue and mesmerizing. She could get lost in them for hours. His next words brought her out of her trance like state. "Sure, that'd be awesome." Avril smiled. Usually she didn't go out with strangers because who knew what ulterior motives they had up their sleeve. She would've turned him down faster than he could say 'please' but this time was different. She for one didn't feel any harm in going with him, it was just going to be a cup of coffee and that was all. She was actually pretty excited if anything, this was a change from her typical self and she loved the thrill of of it.
[/border]

Mentions:
@Starry Night

Henry waited for it but there were no slaps or punches. He was surprised as she gladly accepted his offer, he felt the tension that was griping his body relax a bit and he looked at her. "Awesome just let me gather my stuff and we'll be off." He grabbed his guitar and returned it to it's cover then gathered the money that was left in the cowboy hat then he returned to her. He still couldn't believe that this amazing girl would even consider drinking coffee with him. "Shall we?" He said as he gave her one of his charming smiles. The coffee place was a couple of blocks away and as they walked he asked. "So Avril, tell me a little about yourself. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious, you seem like a very interesting person." He was still trying to explain all the feelings that were rushing through him as he was close to her.

[border]
A V R I L

8iEbknAyT.png
img-thing
|MOOD| Still Slightly Excited

|TAGS| @Blizzard

|WITH| Henry

8iEbknAyT.png

[/border]
[border]
Avril nodded and watched as he went for his guitar and and cowboy hat. She didn't think her day would turn out like this, not in the slightest. "Yea." He gave her a heart stopping smile and Avril was positive she was close to fainting. Avril couldn't get the smile from out of her thoughts as she started walking then a thought crossed her mind. With those looks, girls must swarm him, he might even have a small fan club. Of course she exaggerated a little or a lot but that didn't stop her from scowling at nothing in particular, even if it was just for a second. But she had no right to be selfish, she'd just met the guy. This wasn't like her.

Henry's voice broke Avril's train of thoughts and she was thankful for that. They were most likely going to take a very dark turn. "You must be mistaken." Avril laughed, not a loud obnoxious laugh but a quiet one. "But since you asked, I'll tell. Just don't blame me if you feel like banging your head in the wall halfway through." Another quiet laugh came from Avril but that was just to mask the slight seriousness in her voice. "My favorite color is turquoise, I love to stargaze mainly because it was one of the things my sister and I did together, I don't like chocolate, it's just so bitter and disgusting, I hate when outside is hot but love cold weather. Is that enough? I honestly can't remember much about myself." Avril shook her head. She was a sad, sad person and also not a very interesting one. Most people would look straight past her because there was nothing that really stood out.
[/border]

Mentions: @Starry Night

Mood: intrigued

Henry shook his head when she said that he must be mistaken. "I could be, but let me be the judge of that." He then laughed. "I solemnly swear that i will blame only myself should things come to head banging." He then listened to her with complete interest as she told him a little about herself. His smile widening with every word. As she finished he thought about everything that she said and it only helped gravitate him more towards her. She was talking like the things she said were lame and boring,but he wanted her to know how he viewed them "Well how about we go through each of these points from my perspective. I think loving Star-gazing because its something you shared with your sister is pretty amazing. I had no siblings and had nothing in common with my parents. And don't be surprised but winter is actually my favorite season, now that's a plot twist." He joked. He took a breath then continued. "My mom used to believe that one's name, day of birth, favorite color and all that can say a lot about them, and she tried to make me believe that too but I always thought it was bullshit. But I do remember that the turquoise indicates that the person is sophisticated, wise and patient. And I see all these things in you. And I think they are amazing qualities" He then laughed. "But the hating chocolate part, that's where you commit high treason."

They turned a corner and continued walking.
"I guess I need to tell you a little about me, so prepare yourself to be creeped out. My parents are lawyers and they wanted me to follow their footsteps but I was nothing like them, I couldn't have getting people out of trouble as a career when most of the time I was getting into trouble myself. So I decided to leave home and school and been living alone ever since. Somehow I'm still on good terms with my folks though. My favorite color is blue. I'm a terrible liar, never been any good at it. I hate seafood and anything associated with it and most of the time I have a toothpick in my mouth because its a habit i pocked up when i was young and cant get rid of it." They arrived at their destination and they stood at the front door of the cafè. "Well I guess this is the part where you call me a creep and walk away." He said with a smile.

[border]
A V R I L

img-thing
|MOOD| Fascinated

|TAGS| @Blizzard

|WITH| Henry

8iEbknAyT.png

[/border]
[border]
Avril listened to what Henry said and thought about it. Maybe Henry was right but she didn't see those qualities in herself but maybe that was because she was blinded by the words of others. She laughed at the choclate part then shrugged. "I tried to like it but when I ate it, especially dark chocolate, I always had to drink water afterwards." Avril looked up to the clear blue sky and stretched her arms before pushing them into the pockets of her jacket. Everyone was always surprised when they heard she didn't like chocolate. Maybe people thought that everyone in the world liked chocolate; she had never met another person who didn't like it.

They turned a corner and Avril nodded at his words. "I probably won't be creeped out." Avril had met many... interesting... people in her life so this most likely wouldn't be a problem. She listened to Henry, finding him very interesting. "Nah, you're not a creep, in fact I think you're pretty interesting." She said honestly. "Lawyers also get you out of trouble too." Avril remembered that time when her uncle was framed and accused of theft and his lawyer proved he was innocent so she had really taken a liking to lawyers especially since that was her favorite uncle. "Seafood isn't my thing either and that toothpick thing is pretty different and pretty cool too, it sets you apart from the other boys I've met." Avril finished off with a smile then opened the door to the cafè. The scent of coffee was strong and Avril inhaled a big gulp of the scented air as she loved to smell coffee. The scene before her was really fascinating. To see so many people gathered together in one place to drink coffee really was cool and because she didn't go to many coffee shops this was pretty awesome.
[/border]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back