Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 1

• Neither/Other

• Total voters
Homage said:
PC.
End of story, it lasts longer and lets you use a mouse.
I absolutely agree, PC is your best option, you get basically any game from either consol (thank you steam) and you can even build a computer that suites your personal usage! I would say save that money and go on r/buildapc and make an awesome gaming machine!!

Invest in a sweet PC. It's more versatile, has greater potential and leaves room for upgrades. Learning basics is easy and the reward is great.

If you have to pick one, I'd recommend Ps4. It seems that Sony's management is a bit more responsible (from the get go) with their product.

Also a lot of people talk about the 'console exclusives' but a lot of PC games are exclusive, since they simply cant be played with controllers efficiently, such as my favorite TW. Also many of the 'console exclusives' get release for PC, even if they don't for the other consoles.

Ps4 silly, It has a higher max resolution runs with more fps. Its online market is better then X-box lives pay to play multiplayer Bs. It has much more exlusive content: Blood borne, final fantasy ect.

Its camera (defult ps4 camera) responds faster. I find the controller to fit my grip better. It has more giga-bytes of space for cheaper. And tends not to overheat, (oh experiance) the X-boxes controllers are more sturdy and online downloading is faster i will admit, it also has its own exlusives but none that stand out.

I Dont think youre looking into Pc gaming, but if you're willing to spend a good 500-2000 on it, its the best choice. Its graphics, ram, download speed and more will always be to youre. The games a cheaper thanks to services like steam, and onling functions are better in all ways.

The choice is up to you though

Just get a good PC and call it a day. If i had to pick, i would go PS4, xbox one, went to xbox done after E3. They pretty much lost all their cool exclusives. Rumor has it that Gears of War and Halo might be making an appearance on PC.

That decision depends entirely on two things: The purpose of the console and the games you are interested in.

If you want to use the console primarily for gaming, then I suggest the PS4, as it has better specs, and is orientated around gaming. If you want an all-purpose system that you can use for streaming video and things like that, I suggest the X-Box One.

I can't say specifically about games, but you should look at which exclusive titles on each console that you prefer as well.

Xbox One, will soon allow you to play xbox 360 games on it, and for those of you who are saying about PS4 being more powerful, this is true but hardly noticeable, and Xbox One actually has more exclusives, unless you like indie games, after the E3 announcements. Controller is also a lot nicer, and you can keep all your stuff from your old, xbox 360 account!

I could go on all day, but I think I made my point!

Up to you at the end of the day however :-)

I prefer rpgs and Playstation tends to get more of them and the Xbox exclusives usually end up on Playstation eventually (as far as rpgs go.) Kingdom Hearts 3 looks good and we finally got to see more of The Last Guardian, which I have been waiting years for. I have a PS4 and I love it!

I recently jumped ship from console to PC, and I've not regretted it a single bit, however it did cost me significantly more money than if I was to have just bought a new console... So if money's not much of a problem, splash out and do a PC build, you can get a decent system running for $500-$600 and with PC's modular nature, it will last you longer through upgrades.

If you're not feeling PC gaming though, and you're certain that consoles are the way forward for you, I'd go for PS4, so far everything I've seen from PS4 shows me that it's still trying to first and foremost be a games console, and not a multimedia centre. Plus Sony look like they have the better library of games, in my opinion :)

Specs on a PS4 are far superior to Xbox. It's been the same in every past generation.

AND NO ACCOUNT FEES ON PSN. LUL.

[QUOTE="Dai tenshi]I can see what you are saying. However as long as the PS4 continues to be the better selling console out of the two. Games for it will continue to be developed and made available.

[/QUOTE]
They will be, but games that are made for both Xbox and ps4 will be lower quality because developers won't take the extra effort to make them nicer for the ps4. That's what I was getting at, sorry.

Quilboar said:
why was this in my alerts
Good question.

I don't understand the battle between XBox 1 and PS4...

Nintendo Wii Rules!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: I've played both of the current gen consoles quite a bit and these are my opinions. I own the PS4 and will likely own the XB1 eventually.

As of my last look, PSN was $50/yearly and XB1 was $60/yearly for online capability.
Anyone mentioning PSN to be free is mistaken.

If I were to choose a console from the two current gen, I'd go with PS4 again.

While both consoles have exclusives I would enjoy, GREAT controllers this time around, and fun peripherals, the UI of the Playstation 4 has seemed to work better and faster for me for all types of experience. While there have been some hiccups with party chat on occasion, I've had less crashing to the main page than I've experienced on the XB1 - both in and out of games.

Voice commands are a rather moot point, as I've experienced issues with the feature on both systems. PS4's voice commands seem a bit stiff, and the Kinect has had issue picking up my voice for some reason. Your mileage may vary. It's not that important of a feature for me, and I've generally ignored it on both. (I can use a controller just swell without yelling at my system to do things, TYVM.)

The controllers on both systems are a HUGE step up from last gen. The biggest thing for me was the XB1 controller having a DPad that wasn't just total garbage! The seemingly 'larger' feel of both controllers, PS4s especially, is a huge selling point for me. Keep in mind, these aren't the GIANT controllers from the original Xbox, but they're large enough to fit very well in the hand. The triggers on the PS4 controller is a huge improvement here as well. Overall, they're both just damn fine pieces of hardware.

The layout of Playstation's store is... interesting compared to Xbox. I prefer the XB1 in this regard, as sometimes searching the PSN Store can be an adventure in frustration.

As for gameplay, I've got to give it to the PS4. This is dependent on title, of course, but the better hardware on the PS4 shines in certain titles. Graphics, to my eyes, look quite similar. Performance, however, has been better in some cases on the PS4. Again, this depends on the title you're playing - obviously the exclusives for both are going to run much nicer than other titles on their 'own' system.

This takes me to my next point - the games! As mentioned before, both systems have some great exclusives. The one you choose should really depend on what you want to play. I personally couldn't be without Bloodborne, and some of the upcoming titles for PS4 have me giddy with anticipation.

This all really boils down to personal preference - you gotta' get whichever system offers you what you want in terms of games, hardware, software, etc. Hell, some people even pick up on the LOOK of the systems. (I think they both look just as good as the other, albeit a tad on the boring side this time for both. >>)

You also have to go where your friends are going to be. That was a pretty big selling point for me.

Just make sure to keep up on the latest news about both (ie: Xbox is going to be backwards compatible - HUGE plus for some) and pick whichever calls out to ya'. =]

^ I would really disagree with that. It just gets people hyped up about which is better. PC maybe good but only certain games go to PC but I'm going to keep my mouth shut about it and go away.

Xbox has its downsides, but I have played a PS4 and it was way glitchy when played online unlike Xbox. The thing with PC gaming has its pros and cons but that is a whole new can of worms.

go for the PS4, I'm a PC gamer myself, but also own both consoles, I get considerably more excitement out of the PS4: as well as the fact I only ever liked Xbox was mainly for Halo... which doesn't feel very Halo-ey anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back