• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Writing Group!

Doctor Calgori

Minister of Science, Shhh.....
Do you love fiction? Does the idea of a good story tantalize your taste buds? Are you itching to flex your metaphorical muscles? Or are you just starting your first foray into the world of storytelling? No matter!

I am thinking of starting a writing group for all interested writers, experienced and new. It wouldn't be anything too crazy, just a bunch of folks who get together every so often to write together, discuss each other's work, and create group projects, all in the spirit of learning together and becoming better writers. All kinds of writing would be welcome, from poetry to screenplays, and everybody would be welcome, no matter how inexperienced they are. The only prerequisite would be enthusiasm for good literature, and a dedication to a fair, welcoming environment.

Of course, it could only happen if enough people were interested. So, if this was to happen, who would be?

Now with the final stages of the merged of the merged complete and it looming over the horizon, summer, etc I have new found time and would like to join this. I also have enough time to start a new game which I will also be doing :D

How/when/where will you be meeting? What can we do for those who can not meet? Could we have a little blog too? Also, wouldn't it be great if we had a conference where we write a story on the conference and someone reports about a particular discussion? It think this would be fun, Doctor. We could also have a little interview or something every other week. Send me a PM, or we could discuss it here in the forum about what we could possibly do. I've worked on a literary magazine before, so I can help you out with what does and does not work. ;)

@Ninva I'm not too clear on a lot of the details but with all this support I know it'll be worth working on this :]

I am defenitly interested in joining. I've been lacking inspiration latley, and this seems like just the thing to get it back.

I'm also interested in the group projects, because i've found that if I don't have someone to keep me on track, the next thing I know is i'm in the middle of a SC2 game. I have actually done that before... It was quite a shocker.

Wait, do you mean like meeting in person? Cause I'm Swedish and broke, haha.

This is something worth looking into. Of course, it all depends on the method you use to communicate and stay within contact of all writing group members.

At this point I think it's fair to say there's enough people interested to make this happen. After everybody gets settled in, what with the merger and all, I'll get started on setting this up. Mostly this means figuring out the problem of how and when to meet, and such logistical issues, but at this point, I believe it's safe to say this will be happening.

We could set somthing up at freeforums, nothing major like Way- I mean RPdom, but enough for just a writing group. Also, teamspeak could also be a way to meet, but I do suggest a chat in the forum itself.

I am interested too. While I usually work in game plots and character backgrounds, I've been thinking of branching out a bit and trying to write a story.

Another update: From what I hear the site is still getting worked on, and it seems like the Library will be having some changes made to it, so it might be a few more days. I would like to apologize to everybody who wants to be in this; I haven't done anything like it before and I want to make sure it's perfect for you guys :D But granted, it will be going up, that much is my goal.

While I'm working on it, if anybody would like to just go ahead and tell me what they want/expect/hope for in the group, I ask you to feel free to do so, as it will help me out with this planning and keep things lively in here :]

I would like to have, say, weekly meetings on teampspeak or an Ajax Chat to discuss anything that pretains to writing. The meeting would not be mandatory, of course. Besides that, you could set up a Freeforums forum for the Writing group, to have discussions, post stories and books 'n stuff.

I have webhosting, so I could set up a proper forum, if that is what you'd want.

This is indeed happening. The creativity forum has a moderator, and I think that most of the sorting around should be done for a while.

Preferably this would be done on-site, just to keep things neat, although I do understand if there are concerns about storage issues, etc. Rest assured, I will be going to those who know more about this for advice. Fret not, my good man :3

THIS IS STILL HAPPENING GUYS I SWEAR

Pending my disappearance, I can get back into starting this thing up. For all of you helpful people out there, the main obstacle is finding a properly equipped receptacle to hold all of the fiction that will inevitably blossom from our efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back