• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Writing Games! Join Anytime!

Thanks. ^_^

Prompt

Pain

Word Limit: 13 sentences (poetry is 13 lines of text, not including spaces)

Time Limit: 36 hours

Good luck. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, I should really do this! I haven't posted in this thread in awhile, haha.

I'll wait a couple hours and maybe get some ideas from others before writing something on my own. This is honestly one of my favorite threads~ 

"Do you think this is what I wanted?" The brunette screamed at the older male she had once looked up to. "Do you think I wanted you to be in this situation? For me to replace you?" Gemini was tired of fighting with herself, she didn't want to fight with Ander too, but she snapped. "I didn't want to replace you. I didn't want you to be blind. All I've ever wanted was for you to be proud of me." Her fists clenched around the broken arrow in her hands, not that he could see that. "What happened to you, to all of us, wasn't my fault." They had been through Hell, practically literally, and they had lost so much. She wished the gods had stopped themselves from creating the children they left to die.

for my dearest @Mortem the fight scene that could have been.

word counter says there's 8 sentences i count 12 i don't know.

Oh, the pain. Oh, the pain!

Oh, the pain in this world of numbers,

Of math, of words, of stuff that encumbers.

Oh, the pain of all this irregular,

Seen, unseen, random, dissimilar.

Oh, the pain of obsessive, compulsive,

Many disorders, distress, convulsive.

Oh, the pain of the fear and the phobia,

None that would be in the great ol’ Utopia.

Why, oh why, did you have to just do this?

You had to just go and do all the coolness.

A day, or two, or three – the picks!

Why’d you choose this thirty-six?

There was a pain in their touch;

One that was violent, but dependably beautiful.

Quiet, but irrefutable,

As each fingertip grazed skin.

.:--:.

His scar showed his sorrows --

The scar of a father's cold love --

But only with Olympia's shove,

Did his mind release itself from the deep, old sea.

Her heart was dark,

Grasping for the fading light within him,

And begging for their life to be less grim.

They shared a lover's grief.

Only they could share a love that pained so much.

[SIZE= 12px]Nothing like giving Neria feels at 12:05 AM. @Syzygy[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]13 lines of text (not including the dividers) for these two desperate lovers  ~~[/SIZE]

Nothing's ever quite the same, when everything's taken away from you. Especially when it's your family. Not dead, but turned against you. That's the most painful thing of all, to have a family member actively fight you at every step of your journey. Especially the one you cared about the most. We used to be happy, but then disaster struck, we both went our separate ways, and you went down a dark path that I could not follow.

Why do you hate me so much? I've never understood it. You say it's because I abandoned you, but looking into your eyes, I know that's not true. There's something else, some other reason you're doing all this. But even despite all this, no matter what happens, I will always ask the same thing of you:

Please, come back to me, I can't bear this pain any longer. You keep pushing me away, but I just want us to live happily together again.

A little introspective on one of my characters and her dilemma with her sister, summed up in 13 sentences :D  It's probably really bad, but here you go anyway :P

((OOC: I recently read As I Descended by Robin Talley. I guess this is inspired.))

The worst kind of pain, of course, isn't physical pain at all. 

It's the feeling of regret crawling under your skin. 

The sensation of worms of guilt squirming in your stomach. 

Knowing deep down that you could have done something. 

The worst kind of pain, right now, is watching everybody crowd her. 

It's the feeling of watching her being driven away. 

The sensation of being far away and close at the same time. 

Knowing that she's dead and you could have done something. 

The worst kind of pain, obviously, is the pain nobody else can see. 

It's the feeling of your eyes stinging with tears non-stop. 

The sensation of watching her being lowered into the ground. 

Knowing that she would have hated the crowd here. 

And seeing the people who hated her pretend to cry. 

'Twas a hot summer's day and one I remember all too well.

The sun blazed down upon my back mercilessly, like molten lava,

Its rays so bright to keep both eyes open was a momentous task in itself.

The air hung still and humid, like a pathetic, dead little thing, smothering me with heat.

And it was that day I experienced the greatest of pain, the cruelest of inhumanities.

I have run barefoot over miles of thorns and broken glass, icy snow and burning gravel.

I have been used and cast aside, mocked and rejected, loved and lost, and tried, only to fail.

So yes, I have known pain; and I would have you know something.

That day was hot as hell.

But the only relief I found when I opened the freezer was the icy stab of betrayal,

Because you stole my bloody ice cream you savage monster. (How could you?)

So know this, thief: I am coming for you, and I will have my revenge. 

Revenge for a dish best served cold. 

Oh wow. Unexpected! Thanks :)  

Prompt: Thunderous. 

Word limit: <1000 words

Time limit: 48 hours

Go nuts people. 

You guys, I don't think @ghoul is coming back any time soon. 

Maybe we should have a vote. Or we could ask @Flip to judge them.

Hey, I'm here to jump-start this engine!

All of these posts were really fun to read! I finally went with @IctoraPost ! What fun light verse!! So unique and whimsical, happened to be just what I was in the mood for. Congratulations!!

The game must go on!!

PS, here's a suggestion: Start another writing games thread!!

My bad my bad!! RPN totally slipped my mind. I really liked reading the posts though :)  Sorry to interrupt 

@jinkx Yeah sure :D  It's not like anyone did anything so it's definitely still open.  I actually forgot about this *ducks away*

@Skryx I want to try and get something written for this too, but I doubt I'll have it done tonight due to some unrelated stuff that I have going on. I'll most likely get it up tomorrow though.

OOC: Inspired by the prompt (obviously) but also by this episode of Steven Universe I watched today. Well, one of the few. Anyways~

The look on her face was dark, stormy. 

As lightning crackled overhead, shattering the dark sky into pieces, all I could do was step backwards in fear. I stumbled, my feet nearly slipping from underneath me, and my back hit the railing with a smack. There are puddles gathering on the deck from the rain already and it's still pouring down from the sky. 

"You can't let her back you into a corner. Once she's backed you into a corner, she's won already. And you can't let her do that." 

It doesn't seem to matter what I tell myself because she can't hear my thoughts, she can't hear the defiance in my mind. She can only see me as weak, backing away from her in fear, and cowering against the railing. Water falls from the sky and trickles down my skin, soaking through my hair and running down my back. My arms are already freezing, my face numb from cold. 

"You can't let her win. You can't let her think that she owns you anymore." 

Distressed, I grip the railing to support myself and stand steady, trying to ignore how the ground seems to be rocking underneath me. It's like the world is trying to toss me away, throw me into the trash. Bad thoughts try to grab me again but I shake them away, trying to meet her eyes. I summon up a look filled with determination, a look that says "you can't tell me what to do". Not anymore. 

Her thin lips stretch into what almost looks like a smile- no, a smirk. 

"You promised yourself you wouldn't let this happen again. C'mon!" 

As she approaches, so close that you begin to taste acid in the back of your throat and have to swallow hard, you glare up at her. You try to channel your hatred through your eyes as you look at her. There's one word that you need and licking your lips, tasting salt, you try to summon it up. Around you, the world is still rocking but more slowly now. It's not the calm before the storm, it's the peaceful sailing weather that follows afterwards. Her hand grabs your wrist. 

Finally, in a single word of defiance, you yell: "No!" 

And something inside of you finally bursts free. 

I really, really love rain. Word Count: 405

At the very least partially inspired by this.

Rain lashed out, shattering, needle-thin prisms mercilessly striking against the crinkled surface of the tiny forest of small tents, ropes whipping to-and-fro in the relentless onslaught of the wind. The tiny drops of water fell at an angle, dropping through the trees with no fear, no hope, no clear goal. Thousands of years ago, somebody had suggested that perhaps the elements hoped, dreamt, believed, yet we humans were simply too blinded by our pride to believe that anything so simple could surpass our own complications. Nevertheless, no amount of pride could ever stop the elegant power of the elements, the driving force of nature.

Lightning crackled and thunder rolled across the sky as the heavens ripped open to their full extent, unleashing a torrent of rain that filled valleys, flooded rivers and sent water brimming over every obstacle in its way. Those in the tents hunkered down, those lucky enough to have devoted their lives to another holding each other close as the storm raged around them. Fabric grew sodden and ropes grew heavy as the peltering artillery of the sky’s tears unleashed their sorrow upon the world in wave upon wave of rolling grey veils. The horizon crept ever closer as the rain grew heavier - a grey mist rising until only a few meters of visibility in every direction remained, the forest of tents vanishing, the deep grey mist swallowing up the world.

Droplets coated every window, every pane of glass, only to fall, one by one, to the ground, forming reflective mirrors broken only by spreading ripples as yet more and more of the Earth’s lifeblood fell from heaven. As thunder split the air, and rain continued to fall earthbound, streets became rivers, and valleys became lakes. Trees became laden with water, droplets coating their heavy limbs. Branches sank, bowing under the weight they held, forming archways to stop their earthbound descent. Thunder continued to roll, lightning spitting down, spitting, striking, stabbing at the ground as a human stabs at a mortal enemy. Trees burst into flame, the rain hissing and cleansing the destructive impurity from their wood. Glass shattered as the rain continued to fall and lightning continued to strike, crushed under the weight of the world. Fires burn inside, warding away the cleansing cold of the rain. Eyes stare longingly through thin panes and tent flaps, through gaps in walls and telescopes, staring at the rain, the lifeblood of Earth.

Spoiler

I jumped on the spoiler bandwagon.
xD  705 words.

This played while I was writing.

She reached blindly for anything to grab as her legs went out from under her. Hands reached for her and she flinched away. This caused her to lose her hold on whatever had been keeping her upright and she felt her knees collide with the ground as her other palm scraped against the hard surface. More hands, more trying to get away.

She recoiled from those that had gathered, catching sight of a figure parting the crowd, suddenly opening up space around her. She blinked, her vision clearing and focusing on blue eyes that were all too familiar. She reached out to him but her hands were shaking. He intertwined their fingers and pressed his forehead against hers. She grasped at his shirt with her free hand, pulling them together. His other arm wrapped around her and held her close. She closed her eyes, leaning into him and allowing him to support her as he had done for so many years.

She could feel through where his forehead was pressed against hers the vibrations from him talking. To whom, she didn't know.

When she opened them again, he hadn't moved. He was watching her and pulled back enough to give her a soft smile, one that spoke a thousand words. He released her hand to run his fingers through her hair, his other hand slipping out from behind her to flicker in her line of sight. She leaned into his touch, watching him sign in their invented sign language. He told her of all who was there, of what had happened. He talked and talked, soothing her there on the hospital room floor with a hand in her hair in a veiled way of keeping her gaze from roaming around the room.

He talked of the day she had fallen into her coma, how he had been impressed with how much she had been able to shift with that horrid chemical in her system, how her companion had suffered no major injuries as she had taken the brunt of the landing. He went on to tell her how they kicked the bad guy’s butts with a flourish, gaining a soft smile out of her. He beamed, going on and exaggerating the final battle as they waited for the medevac.

His expression turned somber as he spoke of those first 24 hours at the hospital. She was in the OR for 18 hours as they did what they could for the numerous injuries she had sustained. His calm mask cracked when he informed her she had coded twice. She pressed a bit more into his hand to reassure him, her hands pressing against his thighs.

He signed that he was so grateful for what they were.

She couldn’t help but agree.

His expression turned bitter. He commented on how everything just seemed to get worse after that. It was bad enough she had been declared in a coma a few days later, it seemed like the universe was against them. She had coded twice in one day and another time two days later. Her liver failed due to the chemical’s damage. She had nearly asphyxiated on blood when a blood vessel ruptured in her right lung – the same lung that had been punctured at the top of the whole mess that also collapsed three days after the asphyxiation scare. Finally, after the chemical had been completely flushed out, the damage started to repair itself and she had woken up whole and ok.

His expression fell. Well, as whole as she could be with the given circumstances. He rubbed her ear gently, gesturing in question ‘You doing ok?’

She shook her head, pressing into her twin’s chest once more. It took a bit of maneuvering but eventually he was propped back up against something and she was curled up in his lap. The others still in the room were on the edge of her awareness as she settled against her nearly identical twin’s chest, feeling the vibration of his voice as he spoke to someone over her head.

‘What’s wrong?’ he signed patiently, encouragingly, as he turned his full focus back onto her.

She shifted enough to sign in return with shaking fingers, ‘The silence is thunderous.’

Spoilers galore!

I had absolutely no idea what to write, so I looked at this.

thunderous.PNG

THUNDEROUS

ˈθʌnd(ə)rəs/

adjective

Relating to or resembling thunder.

Very loud,

Very powerful,

Very intense.

Very angry,

Very menacing,

Of a person’s expression or behaviour.

A thunderous cloud

With thunderous applause

From that thunderous mood

And those thunderous shots.

Tumultuous, booming, rumbling, roaring,

Blaring, resounding, ringing, echoing,

Reverberating, reverberant, vibrant, carrying,

Ear-splitting, ear-piercing, noisy, deafening.

The mentions of this thing,

This thunderous thing,

Has rippled through the past

The present

The future.

From the roots

Of that word.

THUNDER

ˈθʌndə/

noun

A loud, rumbling crash, with a lightning flash, due to the expansion of rapidly heated air.

Deep.

Resonating.

Angry.

Incredulous.

The Crash of thunder.

The Falls of thunder.

The Voice of thunder.

By thunder.

verb

Thunder sounds.

Loud, deep, resonating.

To strike powerfully.

To speak forcefully.

Beginning to thunder

As it thundered to life

Which was thundered home

While thundering against age.

Germanic thunder.

Old English thunder.

Dutch thunder.

German thunder.

Thunor thunder.

Thunrian thunder.

Donder thunder.

Donner thunder.

Thunderous thunder.

Thanks. ^_^

Here ya go, everyone.

Prompt:

Fear

Time Limit: 72 hours

Word Limit: 130 exactly

Good Luck!!

Looks like everyone's busy lately. I probably won't be here for the end of this round, so don't pick me to win, if I do (I won't).

Phobia, phobia, phobia.

Arachno spiders for the creeping and crawling.

Cyno dogs for the bark and the howl.

Ophidio snakes for the slipping and sliding.

Ailuro cats for the purr and the yowl.

Seismo earthquakes for the shake of the ground.

Areo flying for the plane in the air.

Aqua water for the splash and the splutter.

Pyro fire for the sparks and the flare.

Catastro disasters for the doom and destruction.

Hemo blood for the sticky and red.

Nycto darkness for the black and unknowing.

Thana death for the ending and dread.

Philo love for the close and the near.

Algo pain for the hurt and the tear.

Chero joy for the happy and cheer.

Phobo fear for the fear and the fear.

Phobophobia. The fear of fear itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back