Writing Game

Lightna

Local Ceraunophile
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm thinking that this should be a little something to get the creative juices flowing. I'll start the game by writing a challenge. Someone will respond by writing what I dictate in the challenge and then posting their own challenge. From there, there's some leeway.

• 1) You don't have to ask to join. There's no time limit. Write your response to the challenge, put your challenge below it, and respond to the topic. That's it.

2) You don't have to write the challenge directly above you if you don't want. You can write any of the already posted challenges.

3) You have to respond to an existing challenge before issuing your own challenge. I'm an exception because I'm starting it off. I'll respond to one someone else posts~

4) There's no limit to how many challenges you can respond to or how many responses one challenge gets. Go wild!

5) Challenges can be of any genre and have as many rules as you'd like. Just don't expect people to write a small novel. That's a bit crazy.

6) If your response has anything involving some sort of sensitive content such as suicide mentions or anything else that would make a reader uncomfortable, please put a warning at the beginning of your post :)

7) As always, please follow site rules.

My challenge:
Introduce yourself as you are in this very moment like the author of a book would. You don't have to be the main character. Just describe yourself.

(An quick blurb of an example: A teenager sat at their desk, looking for a way to cure their boredom online. Their hair was pulled back into a messy bun because it was too gross to be in any other way. They were hungry, but they didn't have the energy to go eat any food, so they just sat there, scrolling through various social medias.)

Last edited:

Eli was, in many ways, an absolutely normal guy — your everyday electrician. Thin hair, swept back in stratified waves, and fulsome brows that adds weight to his weary eyes. His cheeks had long shrunk, betraying a pair of rough cheekbones, which tapered alongside his forehead and to the beginnings of a reclining hairline. He was younger than he seemed like to the greater people, nearing the peaks of his growth, though, many perceive him as someone already above and beyond the peaks of his growth. Some men grow older than others.

He was tapping frantically on that clingy device of his, eyes half-fixed to the screen. He was a wary man indeed, or at the very least, looked like one. He looked like a lot of things, that man, and sometimes all at the same time. Multiple facets, Montes supposed. He was wearing an azure-shaded shirt, dirty on the shoulders and the lower abdomens, and beige trousers. Slightly baggy. Peeking out of the dragging bottom of his pants were a pair of rugged moccasins. He didn't like wearing them, but then again, he hadn't a lot to pick from in the first place.

Eli wasn't a rich man. He most certainly wasn't poor either. Montes nigh made a remark about it, but stopped at the last moment. Eli was a brittle man, and the last thing he truly wanted was a long-winded argument. Montes had a lot of last wants and spiritual hostilities, but this had to stand out a lot.

I guess I'll just respond to my own challenge and write a new one :/

Sierra was partially enjoying her summer vacation, and partially not. On one hand, she had two months to do whatever she'd like. She could play video games to her heart's content, watch anime, write stories! On the other, summer vacation is just another way to say pure anarchy and loneliness. Her family was incredibly poor; the only place they could afford to drive to was the store to buy a month's worth of food (although, thanks to her mother's glutton boyfriend, that month's worth of food turned into a week's worth), so she was alone constantly. For an extrovert like Sierra, this situation is very upsetting. Conversations online didn't compare to the presence and warmth of others in the slightest. However, this was something she had grown used to, as it happened every summer.

Currently, she was sitting at her desk. The desk was an antique model her mother found in a thrift furniture shop, covered in nicks and marks from previous owners. However, it held many compartments, so she was happy with it. Even if the chair she was sitting in was probably going to break soon. Although she had now been awake for three and a half hours, she had yet to eat anything. Part of her wondered, as it always did, if it was even worth the time to go into the kitchen. knew there wouldn't be much of anything to choose from unless she wanted to make yet another fried egg sandwich. Someone would make something later. She could wait.

Ah, there was that feeling again. The feeling Sierra didn't know how to describe. Was it boredom? Loneliness? The urge to find something better to do rather than posting a silly forum game on every site she knew and occasionally talking to her friend August? Or maybe it was just her hunger trying to confuse her. Sierra had a hard time understanding her feelings. It wasn't like there was some guidebook to them somewhere.

All in all, Sierra felt like an incredibly boring person at the moment. She had so many projects to work on that she never worked on any of them and constantly berated herself because of it. Instead, she talked to her friend August day in and day out and occasionally asked the gods of the Internet for some other kinds of entertainment. Does that count as procrastination? Possibly. Whatever happened to that schedule she fawned over so much? Where did it go? Maybe she should just go practice her French.

My challenge:

Write a myth explaining some sort of natural event, such as why the sun rises or why people have red hair.

Back before the birds could fly, or the spiders could weave, all people were alike. They spoke one language, they had black hair, and they were wise. One day, however, a foolish youngster named Appithecres began to construct a tower. When asked what he was doing, he said he was building a tower to the sun. The people scorned and mocked him, but in time, he had completed his tower, and had reached the sun. However, he had been away from the surface for years, and when he returned, people were shocked by him. He spoke a strange language, had brown hair, and his skin tone was darker. When questioned, it took him a time before he could speak in his native tongue. He spoke of the sun, and how looking upon it was not enough... he had to touch it.
The people were surprised, and began to climb the tower. As each one reached the top, each one returned a little bit differently. A few refused to climb, and so they remained the same. But the longer they stayed, the more they were transformed. Some came back with black hair and brown skin, and had eyes tightened, since they had been staring at the sun. Others, who had been their the longest, had had their hair completely transformed an further blackened. They spoke many different languages, with some even forgetting their native tongue, and they came back with much darker skin tones than others.
Each person came back differently. In time, those of similar languages gathered together and journeyed away, to who knows where. The original few who had refused to climb, however, waited until all the others had left the tower before knocking it down out of fear. The man Appithecres was still up in the tower, transforming himself into a being greater than any of the others. Where he went, know one knows. Whether he still lives is unknown. But he could potentially be the most powerful man on the earth.
download.jpg

Write about a world in which the Lord of the Rings happened, but it was ancient history, perhaps even before the dinosaurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back