• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic World War III

(I love it! Awesome. :3 go ahead and rp him too!!!)

@giraffesarebetter

Sophie laid against the cot, watching the nurses pick glass and sharp pieces of metal from her thigh.

The doctor had drugged her heavily, letting her lay back as they pulled the large piece of shrapnel out and dig in her would for broken pieces. She still couldn't feel a thing. Drugs or not. She let out a slow sigh, watching a lady with a bandaged missing arm asleep on the cot next to her. She blinked slowly, trying not to fall asleep, but her heavy eyelids were getting the best of her.

~ <3

((How should I bring him in?))

Dan wanders off by herself once they get to the safe camp. She sits behind one of the tents and takes out her pack of cigs and her lighter. After lighting up, she takes a long, slow inhalation. Dan wonders at her parent's whereabouts, whetherbthe hospital was still standing. She wondered about the kid's parents, and about her friends. She looks up at the grey english sky as she exhales. Who would've thought she would be alive for WWIII?

Leo walks the perimeter of the camp with one of the recruits they'd taken from the city. "So... some weather, huh?" Leo smiles a lopsided grin and lookd at the recruit. Daniel, his name was.

(Oh. I was totally thinking of your dan for some reason. *facepalm* this works too!!!)

Daniel watched his breath puff in small smoke as he walked along the soldier. His thick army suit had kept him warm, but not warm enough.

"Air raids, bombing, ashes? Sounds like vacation weather if you ask me." He looked toward the tent he knew his sister was in. He knew she had been in intense pain. He too had to get taken care of, but he couldn't be anymore happier that she was alive and breathing finally. He had already visited her twice that day, half of the time her being drugged up and out. But it made him happy either way to know that she was fine.

He pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, sticking one in between his lips and lighting it. He inhaled, feeling the warm smoke fill his lungs against the cold.

He breathed out slow and returned his gaze to the soldier beside him.

"You got family here?" He continued to smoke, walking the perimeters.

~ <3

((...and we are beginning to see the problems with having similarly named characters...))

Leo shakes his head. "Not here, no. We've got a smsll place, me and my little sister. I miss her, but at least she's safe." Leo shrugs, looking at the civilians. He niticed a freckled blonde smoking by herself, a group of kids with a young woman. So many people hurt from this war... "You're sister is in the med tent, right? I heard you went there on your breaks."

Chantal sat in one of the tents with nothing to do. She was thirsty but she didn't know where to go, so she didn't.'Hiwever she was cold and there were blankets. So she tried to stand and cried out in pain when she tried tk walk. She sat back down again.

"Yeah. She got metal in her. Probably still being a baby about it." He was joking no doubt, but continuing to pick on her gave him a little relief. He watched the camp go at work on the tents, on people. It seemed like they almost made a home there.

"The water is contaminated. Good thing they have enough jugs." He inhaled his cigarette, looking at the medical tent where his sister was supposedly sleeping.

~ <3

Leo smiles. He joked the same way with his sister. His chest tightens up; he hadn't vseen her in a little over a month. He'd talked to her, yes, and they had skyped quite a bit, but he hadn't really seen her. "Yeah. Working on purifying it, though. There's a lot of people here. It won'r last as long as you might think."

Theriad jumped in the car, getting in the backseat as it was just a habit. He didn't want to put the girl in the line of fire, but he figured that the backseat was the safest for him.

"Where is this survival camp located?" Theriad asked, listening in to what the radio was saying. "If it is somewhere far, we need to get to the countryside instead. We can't risk going all that way for nothing. I mean, what if it gets destroyed by the time we get there. We need to think of a second option just in case..." He said, looking at the floor.

Delilah nodded in agreement, weaving the car in and out of the chaos around them. Ashes fell to the wind shield, collecting in a grey dust. As she flicked on the wind shield wipers, a thought crossed her mind and hit her like a freight train. This was real. She was wiping ashes off of a car. Ashes that could have once been people. As she got to a clear highway and drove pass the farm land, she slammed on the brakes, pushing herself out of the front seat and running to the tall grass where she fell to her knees, vomiting. As she finished, she stood up, wiping tears off her pale face before returning to the car. Her hazel eyes glanced to the back seat, then to the radio. It had faded to static. She fumbled with it, looking for a message of some kind.

Tom nodded at her comment of keeping guns out of their hands, she was an idealist, and if she some how managed that, Tom decided that he'd marry the doctor if she'd let him. As they met the others, Tom shook their hands, then they made their way to the truck. The British officer eyes Tom who decided against saying anything smart.

Tom climbed in first then turned and offered his good hand to Izzy, "All aboard."

Theriad looked to the sky as the car stopped. Smoke billowed up in the southern part of London. Around where the camp was.

"Umm... we got a problem..." Theriad said. He knew the camp was most likely not destroyed, but it was still around where the camp was.

The radio flickered on, and the voice on it didn't sound that sad or mad about what was going on.

"Eyewitness reports state the terrorists, still unidentified, are now invading London. Everyone listening to this is advised to take cover. Board your windows, God help us..." The voice ended.

"You heard the man... We can't stay here. Not only do we have to worry about the bombings now, we have to worry about armed men.." Theriad said, turning the car on. He knew they couldn't just abandon the shelter because of some fire or something near it. They needed to leave.

"I'll drive. Get some rest." Theriad said, seeing the pain in Delilah's eyes.

Holly nodded. "Well, just so you know, I'm like the Van Gogh of our generation!" She said, putting her hands on her hips and put on a proud smile. "So, what's your name, soldier boy?" She asked, grinning. She giggled a little.

Although, rest wasn't what the two of them even needed. It was a safe haven. He was going at least 85 miles per hour, through ash and soot, with the occaisonal boom and crash.

This was life, now.

And they wouldn't have the almost care-free one they had before.

This was what true pain was. To see the remains of what once was people in a world where everything was simple and basically cut out for you, on his windshield. To see one of his only friends, Hank, die and him not really get on an emotional state.

Theriad couldn't help it, so he just let it happen. There were tears streaming down his face, the world he had once known, with its brilliance and complexity, but yet simplicity was gone.

This was life now.

Izzy took Tom's hand and climbed in grinning "Why thank you kind sir." She said, curtsying as she had been taught to do all those years ago in cotillion training, then winking at him before taking her place next to him to load the rest of their people and their equipment.

Once everyone was on board, the small convoy began the short drive to the city. At least, it would have normally been short. As it was, the soldiers had them stop suddenly at least five times. During these pauses, the trucks were pulled off the side of the road under cover, and everyone was required to sit in perfect silence. Izzy would be lying if she had said she wasn't terrified. She had half a mind to grab Tom's hand for comfort, as she used to do with Jasper during scary movies, but that simply didn't feel right.

@DrCompton

--------------------------------------------------

Jasper nodded, making a mental note that if all of this calmed down, he would have to look her up. Another boom rocked the city, shaking the ground, and causing some of the already damaged buildings around them to collapse, sending soot and dust flying towards all of them.

Jasper let out a cough as the dust cleared, glancing around at everyone to make sure they hadn't lost anyone. Then he turned, remembering Holly had asked him for his name. He debated giving his real name, as he was supposed to be undercover, but at the same time, it didn't really matter. "Jasper." He finally said. "I'm Jasper."

@UnwantedTruth

Holly smiled. "Nice to meet ya Jasper!" She said, holding her pale hand to him for a handshake. "So, when did you become a soldier, soldier boy?" She asked. She was starting to find this guy interesting. "And why did you become a soldier?" She smirked.

Tom smiled a little when she curtsied him and sat next to her. His face felt funny with the smile on it, and he quickly went back to his natural angry look.

As the convoy went, and stopped, and went, and stopped Tom had a feeling of dread sweep over him as they got closer to the city. He realized he had made an awful mistake letting his pride foolishly trick him into accompanying the pretty doctor. He looked at her during the fifth stop and almost said something, but then saw her look of fear.

She's scared too Tom. He looked around the truck, even the soldiers looked scared. Christ pal, they're all scared.

Tom looked back down. As the convoy picked up again, there was a distinct popping sound in the distance, he knew it instantly and looked up.

"Izzy, thats gunfire."

@GinjaGen

Last edited by a moderator:
Izzy had been trying to keep it together, but the moment the popping noise began, she jumped, and despite herself grabbed Tom's hand (luckily the good one) and squeezed, her eyes wide. She had seen a lot having been a doctor, but it wasn't war.

After a moment she realized that she had grabbed his hand, "Oh! I'm sorry..." She said,pulling it away, embarrassed beyond belief. "The...gunfire... Surprised me.." She explained, hating how scared she was. She had always valued the fact that she was a strong woman, and displaying weapkness like this was practically unacceptable in her mind. She'd heard gunfire before, he'll, she'd been behind the gun shooting, but it had never occurred to her that she could end up on the other end of the gun barrel.

She worked to recover as the convoy continued on, unfortunately moving closer to the gunfire. It was much closer than Izzy would have liked it when the convoy stopped for good. It seemed to be in some sort of camp, not quite in the city. It was most likely an army command station, where they could have medical personnel, and deploy their troops safely away from the action.

The officer appeared at the back of the truck. "Everyone out." He said.

@DrCompton

-----------------------------------------------

Jasper paused as Holly offered her hand, then took it, a very small smile on his face. "Nice to meet you as well."

He was now headed for dangerous territory. If he gave her much more real information, he would be in trouble, but he felt he lied enough recently. "My father was in the military. I wanted to honor his memory and follow his lead."

He decided to keep talking to her, even though he probably shouldn't, though he might have to altering the truth. "How did you become an artist?"

@UnwantedTruth

Sophie came from the hospital, her legs bandaged tightly. The doctor didn't recommend walking on it, but she hated it more than anything to be in the hospital.

Daniel looked over to his sister limping through camp who was more than likely not supposed to be.

"Sophie!" Daniel barked out her name, folding his arms and staring straight through his daring sister. Rage grew as he watched his rebellious sibling smile and wave.

Sophie watched him and the soldier that stood next to him. She limped her way over and smiled, ignoring the death glare that was given from her brother.

"About time I seen you." Sophie punched her brother playfully, nodding at the tall soldier next to him.

~ <3

Tom looked down at their hands a little shocked, when she apologized he found himself blushing a little himself, "Its uh.. Not a problem Doc, if you need a hand to hold, might as well be mine huh?" Smooth Casanova. Tom cleared his throat as she pulled her hand away and her looked away. As the convoy came to a halt, he was standing before the officer told them to hop of, with his aidbag on his back, he jumped off and looked around, "A F.O.B? Christ." He frowned, then looked toward Izzy, holding his hand up to help her down.

Tom felt something hit his cheek and looked up at the gray sky.

It was ash, falling as if it were snow.

@GinjaGen

Leo nods back, a small smile on his face. The girl reminded him of his sister. Rebellious, headstrong. "We need to keep patrollin, Daniel. Terrorists have entered the city. It won't be more than a day or so, now." He says the last two sentences quietly enough that neither Sopie nor any other civilian could hear. It would simply cause mass panic. "She can join us, if she wants."

Dan looks toward the city, seeing the ash fall. She could hardly imagine her home, London, looking like an ashtray after one of Ezekiel's 'parties'. She inhales once more before dropping the cigarette and stepping it into the ground as she exhales the cancerous smoke. Dan looked a bit weary, but also fierce. Like she was strong enough to handle whatever came next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back