Other [World-building/Advice/Help] A Supernatural Outbreak

Toivoajarakkaus

* Toi-Voie-Jar-A-Kker-Ar-Us (They/Them)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I was inspired to make a post-apocalyptic role-play based on the idea that a virus that preys on both normal and paranormal creatures. I think it's a intriguing idea, but I'm having difficulty building the world around this idea without ruining the experience. The easiest way I can describe the virus is that it works through both vector-borne {bite from a contaminated subject} and blood-borne {contact with contaminated blood} transmission.
This rol-play takes inspiration from Dead Rising (All Games & DLCs), TELLTALES: Walking Dead (All Seasons), Supernatural (Tv Show), and some tumblr posts I've seen.​

Last edited:
Ruining the experience how exactly? As for worldbuilding, you might want to consider whether the virus manifests itself differently depending on the species (e.g., normal vs paranormal, human vs animal, etc). Identifying the origin of the virus, and the factors leading to the outbreak, would be helpful as well, although you don't have to write about this in detail at the start of the RP. It might be better to integrate them into the plot progression, though it depends on what you want to achieve in the RP. Will it be about the characters working together to solve the crisis? Or will it just be about them trying to survive in such a setting?

Other issues involve the setting itself. Are normal creatures aware of paranormals? How well do they coexist? How has their relationship changed over time, and what are the major events that contributed to that progression? Consider what the starting point of the RP will be -- right before the apocalypse? Shortly after? Perhaps a few months or years in, when civilised society has crumbled?

Hollowed Hollowed , Considering your input about the virus itself, the purpose of the virus will remain the same for all species, but it will manifest differently depending on the species with the universal sign of bleeding gums, and foaming at the mouth.
The story however, will depend on the majority wish of the characters, if they desire to create an escape with the hope there's still a working society beyond infected city, if they believe there is a cure among them with determination and grit, or even if they wish to recreate society within the outpost, I shall see to it.
The normals are aware of the paranormals, the only reason the outpost hasn't succumbed to the chaos is that the paranormals can not exist without the normals, and that everything is shared. A thin trust pact lies between the two, if it was broken... let's just say it isn't an option too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back