Winding Down

Flagg

The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
After a few really successful initial months, the activity on the site seems to be slowing down quite a bit.

To give an example, in June, there were abput 3,300 page requests. In July, bout 2,500. This month has only seen 1,300 so far.

Obviously interest is waning. The frequent site outages over the past few months might be partially responsible, but that can't account for all of it.

What do you guys think I/we can do to revive things a bit?

-S

Wait another month for when the kids are back to school.  I suspect that a number of folks are on vacation, involved in summer activities, or are just busy with their summer lives.

Little Joe and TSJ are MIA, but that I suspect has a good deal to do with the school schedule.  And to be honest, those two are a gold mine for traffic, not just from their own volume of posts, but the mischief they cause, and folks wanting to watch the flambe.

These are the dog days of summer.  Let the dogs lie a bit, and if the numbers are down at the end of next month, then you can take a look at things. Right now, unpack your shit, check out what's new in Harvard Square, see if you can afford a trip down to Icarus*, and enjoy the end of summer.

*Icarus is the restuarant that my boss' brother owns. Top knotch food, great service, and it's well worth the trip.  Casey learned a lot from his brother, and working for the Apollo here in Western Mass is a joy.  Do yourself a favor and check it out.  And get some damn Red Sox tickets while you're at it.  Summer's almost at an end.  Don't spend it on a damn screen...

Wait another month for when the kids are back to school.  I suspect that a number of folks are on vacation' date=' involved in summer activities, or are just busy with their summer lives.[/quote']
Agreed.  Leave it for a month Still, and take another look then.  I think it's going along well, and every time I log on there seems to be a decent amount of posts occuring.

Although, if you're merely after ideas, then getting Lore5 up and running so we can start submitting shit would be good, as well as a download area, you know, for all those make-shift character sheets and nudey Empress calendars.   :)

Really, man, it seems to be going ok, you've done an awesome job.

~FC.

Prettty much expect a spike as soon as you can start getting some of the DeviantArt folks up and running. People love to whore out their work, and the more chances to show off their Supo-Incredo-Abdobosominator, Now With 60% MORE Speed Lines, the better for your traffic. Sad, but true.

If you really want a spike in traffic, there's always Thunder Dome. Get the pay per view rights though, and a hefty slice of the merch sales--and not just the t-shirts. Go for all of it--the pens, the High Hands, the coolers, the stickers.  Don't let them pimp you.

Every time I pop on, there's new members signed up. Not a lot of traffic this month, but that WILL change, when the kids get back to school, and their mind numbing lives come crashing in on them, and they need escape into the halls of Infinite Power.  Unless, suddenly, there is an influx of Eastern European women who desperately need gamers for sexual conquest, then the site, and the entire industry could be in for a rough year...

Although' date=' if you're merely after ideas, then getting Lore5 up and running so we can start submitting shit would be good, as well as a download area, you know, for all those make-shift character sheets and nudey Empress calendars.   :) [/quote']
Lore5 is still in the works, or so says memesis. I've been trying not to bug him too much about it, since he's got other things going on, and he's doing it for free -- I think we'll see something soon.

The downloads page is also forthcoming. I just started my new job this week, and I'm still unpacking. I've barely had the time and inclination to post here lately, much less create a new section... I hope to get to it next week.

So, who's volunteering to do an Empress nudie calendar?

-S

I can do cheesecake, but I'm without a scanner until after the divorce is final--which should be in a few weeks.  At some point then, I've got to bite the bullet, get myself a pad, some decent graphics-ware, and get onto putting some of my pen and ink stuff up.  Most of my Exalted art is character specific to my campaigns, but when I get it all up and running, I can try to treat y'all to the development sketches for both my Long Second Age setting, as well as my Atlantis setting for my tweak of the Adventure setting--think a Hermetic Magic Europe, a technological Atlantis (read the Americas but with an influx of  folks who fled before the Enlightenment) which has the Iroquois League, Atzlan uniting the Mayan and Tenochan people, and the Algonkwin League. Add in a Nihonjin Empire, mighty Zhonggou, and the Caliphates for the People of the Book--in a setting where Christianity didn't take a hold in Europe--which leaves Africa under the sway of Great Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Egypt, and a mighty Songhai. I raided a lot of that setting for the Long Second Age for stuff and ideas, so when I can, I'll be getting a site to pop up the artwork--which includes a good sized map of the Long Second Age Creation, funky Abyssal goodies, plenty of artwork for Golems, Hardshells, details on the Jade weapons of the Long Second Age Dragon Blooded, and LOTS of Gunklaives.

I might be pursuaded to include cheesecake too.  I don't do it often--but I've got ink and I'm not afraid to sling it for my homies.

If you're looking for NC-17 Exalted material, you could do worse than ask around on RPGnet.  After all, Muran hangs out there often enough as well. ;)

Not to mention all of the other artists who love to do submissions....

I dunno about you, but it seems like there's a lot more folks around the last week or so. Methinks the kids are back in school, and they are deep into their fat school pipes.

Of course, the question is: where are TSJ and Little Joe in that case?

Of course' date=' the question is: where are TSJ and Little Joe in that case?[/quote']
...and/or Mempo. Her and Joe usually come as a set. TSJ did pop in for a post or two last week, but no sign since.

Say what you will about their personalities, but there haven't been any good debates around here lately. The ones they provoke are almost always interesting -- at least for the first three pages or so.

-S

I dunno about you' date=' but it seems like there's a lot more folks around the last week or so.[/quote']
The logs show 360 page requests for the first three days of the month. Assuming that the rest of the month continues at the same level, that's 3600 page requests for September, which would exceed even June's totals. Let's hope the trend continues upward.

-S

But they be lurking...

Bastards... they should be entertaining me... instead of quietly hiding in the background...

TSJ can lurk. He will rise like Leviathan.

Little Joe...I don't think he has that kind of self control. The urge to redirect dummassery and pontificate will take ahold like a fever. If I thought he was really lurking...I'd post some pictures from Burning Man or Starwood or the Polyamory Society.  His raging vanilla urges would rise up like a tide, and his powers of berration would activate involuntarily.*

I suspect that we'll see Little Joe again when he gets back into school and is comfy with the new digs.

*Yes, Virginia, that was a deliberate troll. Artless and deliberate, just to make a point. If I really wanted to bait Little Joe into revealing himself, I would be a bit more subtle...

We just broke 7000 posts. Not bad for 4 months.

Checking the server logs, it looks like we're almost caught up to last month's totals, and there are still another 11 days to go. We'll probably end up matching July's totals this month. Not a record-breaker, but things are certainly picking up.

As always, you guys can look at the data for yourselves.

-S

Things have been mysteriously trending upwards this month.

Some of this can probably be attributed to lore5, but I've also noticed a LOT more posts/day in the past few weeks.

Glad to see my original fears dispelled.

-S

Stillborn said:
Things have been mysteriously trending upwards this month.
Some of this can probably be attributed to lore5, but I've also noticed a LOT more posts/day in the past few weeks.

Glad to see my original fears dispelled.

-S
You can attribute my preposterously high posts-per-day count to my new desk job, and to Forn for introducing me to this joint.

I just realized that I had my log file analyzer misconfigured this whole time. It wasn't counting php pages (which constitute about 99% of this site) in its stats.

I've corrected this, and it has drastically changed the results of the report. It looks like things have been trending steadily upwards (more or less) since I started logging.

-S

The site turns 1 year old in approximately 3 weeks. I wonder if we can hit 30,000 posts by then? Quantity is, after all, far more important than anything else.

-S

Well I can go on a spamming spree... hmmmm... when I think about it... I've been on a spamming spree from the beginning on :P

Numbers are down this month. We're at a low for the entire quarter.

I want results here, people! RESULTS!

Otherwise you'd all best be looking for somewhere else to collect a paycheck.

-S

Considering that I kind of DO get paid to waltz around ECR jamming my opinions down the unsuspecting throats of others, you got it, boss-man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back