• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Why ten posts?

If you posted relevant things in different areas of the site in quick succession (not hard to do at all), it wouldn't be spamming. The 10 posts is there is to keep spam bots and other malicious accounts from being able to message people. It is a necessary evil and while no one really likes it, it really does not take much time nor effort to post 10 posts in a relatively short amount of time within the bounds of site rules. You'll have 'em vury soon, I pwomise ^^

-Derg, your friendly neighborhood Dergon mod

(oopsies, had typos but fixed 'em ^^)

I honestly fell like I'd be spamming the site if I posted ten things right now just to message someone first ...
Many do spam - a no no - but if it wasn't there, then the random bots that try to advertise would be sending out PMs. :\

You can easily get 10 posts, hop into a discussion, say hi to people in introductions and such. :3 You'll get them in no time.

I honestly fell like I'd be spamming the site if I posted ten things right now just to message someone first ...
We have it in place to prevent bots and such. It's easy to bypass and get access to personal messages by joining a roleplay, browsing the many discussing forums we have, welcoming other new members, etc.

Damn ninjas >_>

I give you full permission to post on any of my stuff just so you can start messaging people. I know it's a pain but it's for a good cause and it's not an absurd requirement like some other sites have. Like 20 posts or something, which can be absolutely aggravating to try and reach. Anyways! Welcome to RPN, hope you find an RP that fits you well!

Join a single roleplay and you can have well over 20 posts within an hour or two if it's active. As well, you have a whole day (I believe, if that system is still active) to get 10 posts. Even if you get 10 posts, your account has to be active for 24 hours before you can access PM's, so there's really no huge rush to get 10 posts.

Join a single roleplay and you can have well over 20 posts within an hour or two if it's active. As well, you have a whole day (I believe, if that system is still active) to get 10 posts. Even if you get 10 posts, your account has to be active for 24 hours before you can access PM's, so there's really no huge rush to get 10 posts.

Is the 24 hour thing still a rule? People never talk about it anymore.

I took a quick look at the "10 posts rule" thread and it's still listed. Not sure if it's actually still around or not, it was when I joined.

Probably still is. XD I just find it funny how people usually comment about having to do ten posts but don't mind waiting. For me, it was the 24 hour thing that I found annoying because I couldn't wait to have full access to everything.

Probably still is. XD I just find it funny how people usually comment about having to do ten posts but don't mind waiting. For me, it was the 24 hour thing that I found annoying because I couldn't wait to have full access to everything.
Exactly. I got my 10 posts easily, but I still had to wait. That was what killed me.

We actually have not been having people wait the full 24 hours for about a year now. That will be re clarified when we release the new info section.

Were you waiting in the shadows?

C:..................................................

giphy.gif

Y'know, I personally always agreed with this reasoning.

10 posts and a day of wait time is just a minor inconvenience to anyone who's serious about spamming the forum malignantly, and it can be a bit of a pain and/or discouragement to new users. And no, I'm not rebelling against the staff (I wuv you, Dark Wizard) but still. And it's not like PM spam is much of a problem either. You can just report the person like any other case of bad behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back