Other Why so much ghosting??? LETS RP!!!

LostHero

Your Friendly Role-Player
Roleplay Type(s)
Been on here a while and its been a joke so far. I can RP anything basically (Check my profile for details) other the romancing a guys and everyone just ghosts me it feels like. Anyone else know the feeling? I was on here years ago and the community in my experience was WAY more receiving

Been on here a while and its been a joke so far. I can RP anything basically (Check my profile for details) other the romancing a guys and everyone just ghosts me it feels like. Anyone else know the feeling? I was on here years ago and the community in my experience was WAY more receiving
A lot of ghosting has to do with the internet being pretty much entirely anonymous, and people experiencing who-knows-what and interpreting what you said/did as who-knows-what. You'll never really know, but it happens in every place where there's human contact, it's not an issue exclusive to just this as a hobby.

Sometimes, they just don't get on well with you.
Sometimes, they just don't like your writing style.
Sometimes, they just don't like the roleplay that you've got going.
Sometimes, they're going through a lot in real life.

Sometimes, it's none of this and they just wanted to leave.

It's really a roll of the dice, and even when you think it's good, you can never be too sure.
Again, this goes for absolutely everything, not just roleplay! Ghosting's been around for a while!

Ghosting has been common in RolePlaying communities for years, it just feels like more when there are more waves of people joining. I would just recommend being more selective in partners.

Ghosting sucks. I haven't had a consistent RP since about 2021. I personally have taken responsibility on my own behalf because being in academia is a nightmare, and sometimes I need a week or two to recharge. And I let whoever stays just for a little while know that. But if you are looking for someone new to RP with, feel free to message me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back