• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Why does Tabs hate me?

NoxFeratu

Nobody in Particular

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/too-many-fandoms-you-choose-anime-manga.138204/

Well... This happens to me quite a bit and it's quite the effort trying to get tabs to work. it makes everything look nice but sadly a hassle to use most of the time. I try a bunch of strategies to get things to connect but it still won't work. Here is an example of my gif and text not being in the same tab but being named the same thing. If someone can fix this for me and explain how to best this coded demon that would be great. Thanks.

Tabs hate everyone, it's not you.

See, RPN has the rich text editor, which likes to automate some of the BBCode for you. It doesn't always play nice with the BBCodes that aren't automated, like tabs. The post editor will slap tags in strange places instead of trusting that the user has nested them in the proper order.

Unfortunately, the ways to get around it are a little inconvenient. If you do a lot of coding all the time and are confident you know the codes, you can disable the rich text editor in your preferences. On the bright side, you won't get the site trying to do your tags for you. On the down side, the site won't do your tags for you.

I prefer to keep the rich text editor on and save all my code stuff to a word or notepad document on my computer. Then, when I need to edit something, i edit it in that document and paste it into RPN.

I'm aware it hates everyone, it's just the title of the question I asked lol.

And thanks, turning that off ASAP I'm confidant with my coding skills. Even if I wasn't it'd still be quicker than trying to fight the system. Thank you and I will spread this tip to my other friends who struggle with this. Once again thank you.

Not a problem, I hope this fixes your issue for good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back