Advice/Help Why does everybody post multiple times?

Edythir

The Cold One
This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to RPing, but since people usually change it when i bring it up i didn't think it neccasary to bring it up in such a public space, but since it is 5 AM and i have been having this again and again the past few weeks, why the heck not?

This mainly goes for RPs through instant messangers, i see it again and again where people, instead of just posting once, hitting that enter key one time time, i get 3 or 4 different posts, all ending in a possible way for me to reply in. So i see the first post, start writing up a reply only to see another post, which completely invalidated anything i have written so i start again, maybe it was just accidentally hitting enter. But then they post again, and again and again, so i just wait it out, then forget to reply because it had been so long between the messages. One guy made a first post which, he hit enter, eight different times. What do you possibly benefit from posting 8 different times in a row instead of keeping it in one chunk where i know when exactly i can start replying to the one sided conversation with yourself?

I have never had this problem with people from this site. But this is far from the only site or service i get partners from. A lot of people from reddit's /r/roleplay do this for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back