Why can't people read on a RP site

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Confused Pixie

Lurking Dragon
I don't normally go on rants like this, but this is unacceptable. Why are people so incompetent that it kills a piece of my soul. I spent all day on me partner seeking thread. All day. Here, I'll post a link to this majestic piece of work. Keep in mind I spent an hour last night. and all day today, working on that thread. If you scroll down after reading, other than my Best friend's post, @Jamiesue , there is a prime example of the incompetence in which I am mentioning. The last sentence in the thread that is bigger and bolder than everything, someone still had the audacity to post on the thread. that I asked not to do. Which means, They didn't even read the whole thing, they just picked out a pairing that suited them, instead of reading the whole thread I spent all mother fucking day on, for multiple people to just pick out the parts that they liked, and ignore the whole post. Pathetic. Why join a site based around reading and writing but be completely incompetent. WHY JUST WHY. This isn't even the first time this has happened to me. I had a thread that I put little to no effort in, and people still didn't read it.

Why do people have the mentality of Too long didn't read if you're on a ROLEPLAYING WEBSITE! Because really the said person I am referring to just proved that to me. they have no respect for other's time and work by not reading something that is meant to be read as mother fucking whole. Excuse my language but this happens to be something I am very passionate about. Why be so disrespectful and ignore someones post that looks like it took a while. It's just not cool. u.u

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah. I love you Sam, and you know I relate to your feels. I always relate to the Sam.

It's very frustrating, in fact appalling even, when you spend time and effort on a thread that describes your desires and requirements, and someone completely skips over the creation as a whole to the parts that they find appealing. Not being able to follow instructions or read are usually good indications that you may want to gently let that person down, as typically you'll find their roleplaying skills not incredibly appealing. It's unfortunate, but you can't make everyone cooperate with your program.

I know exactly what you mean.

I cannot tell you the amount of times I've tugged at my hair because I've received some CS that I know the person made without reading any plot.

The best answer I can give you, is that people come on this website to roleplay, not to read. Which explains why they make such small posts that barely go into any emotional detail about what's going on inside their head. That may not make any sense but just let me explain. A lot of the eager new roleplayers just simply want to make a character and jump into something that looks appeasing in the first paragraph or so. Irritating as it is I guess it's just something we all have to deal with. It's just that every time it happens to me I usually rant about it to someone somewhere sooooooo....

I just don't see why the get on the site then when the point of this website is to read and write, not to have rewrite the script of their favorite fandom to fulfill their sexual fantasies. I like the idea of this website, but they need to stop catering to the cesspool of incompetent trash. People that don't follow instructions make it easier to weed out the incompetent trash but still! It hurts my soul. Genuinely does, and If I get in trouble for any of these comments I will be deeply offended and take my time elsewhere . If this offends someone maybe they need to reflect on themselves,

Anyway! to properly comment on your retort about how people come to roleplay instead of read, is that to be able to roleplay properly, you must be able to read. Because to write you have to read the responses of said person/people you happen to be roleplaying with., It's only common decency to read when you're on a roleplay site, especially when the last sentence in the post that is bigger and bolder than any other sentence in the whole post that isn't even in an Accordion. It literally just hurts my soul.

Here, let me fix your grammar.

"I don't normally go on rants like this, but this is unacceptable. Why are people so incompetent that it kills a piece of my soul? I spent all day on my partner seeking thread. All day(Fragment). Here, I'll post a link to this majestic piece of work. Keep in mind I spent an hour last night. and all day today, working on that thread. If you scroll down after reading, other than my best friend's post, there is a prime example of the incompetence I am mentioning. The last sentence in the thread that is bigger and bolder than everything, someone still had the audacity to post on the thread, that I asked people not to do. Which means they didn't even read the whole thing, they just picked out a pairing that suited them, instead of reading the whole thread I spent all mother fucking day on, for multiple people to just pick out the parts that they liked, and ignore the whole post. Pathetic(fragment). Why join a site based around reading and writing but be completely incompetent. WHY, JUST WHY? This isn't even the first time this has happened to me. I had a thread that I put little to no effort in, and people still didn't read it.

Why do people have the mentality of "Too long didn't read "if you're on a ROLEPLAYING WEBSITE!? Because really the said person I am referring to just proved that to me. They have no respect for other's time and work by not reading something that is meant to be read as a mother fucking whole. Excuse my language but this happens to be something I am very passionate about. Why be so disrespectful and ignore someones post that looks like it took a while? It's just not cool. u.u"

I believe you need to be able to write properly for people to spend their time reading it. I also believe you need to be able to write to roleplay.

To be quite frank, this is pretty reactionary, but does your "majestic piece of work" require that you insult the entire site for the willingness of people actually not reading? No, just refuse those members.

Okay, excuse my casual writing for not being perfect. I wasn't aware that's against the law, but double standards I suppose. I wasn't insulting the whole site rather than taking about a select few of completely illiterate people, however before I decided to go off on you, sir douche canoe, I am going to remove myself from your rude behavior. So toodloo. I don't have time to argue over the internet about an opinion of something I have the right to have an opinion about. So goodbye, sir nignog.

I believe if they were completely illiterate they wouldn't be able to write, join the site, or even use the internet for that matter.

This thread is closed :) .

Go write a blog or something. The personal discussion section of RpNation.com is not a place to shit on the site's members.

If you have something personal you wish to discuss, you can always take care it admin contact or reach the admins or my self directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back