Whom do you pray too? [Inactive]

Goddess

Computer Nerd

Goddess submitted a new role play:

Whom do you pray too? - Fantasy

Temple3.jpg

"DAMN THE GODS"

A man in black spoke loud to the people of the town. Those who still believed found themselves blocked by those who have lost hope for the Gods. They found themselves holding their books , some praying as they fell to their knees. The children weeping as they clung to their mothers side. The fathers taking the front line as they held up their fist and tried to protect those behind them. This was a day of darkness for the people, darker though for those who still pray.

"What have they done for us. They have given us life, food , shelter and loved ones yet they can not give us power to fight the upcoming wars. Out town is but a small thing on this world while others begin to expand. They call us heathens for believing in God who only look down at us. They tell us that our gold is being put to no use. We our foolish and weak mortals.

So we pray to our Gods who are above us. We reach out our hands for them to take...yet we receive NOTHING. our gods have abandon us and left us to fend for ourselves. After so many years of worship and offering we receive no help when the time for their aid has come. Those who have dropped their gods are the blessed ones. They stand above us to tell us we are foolish. I am here today to say to you believers. YOU ARE FOOLISH. leave the gods be and forget them and their gifts.

time is soon to move forward and we will still be left behind like lost lambs in a forest. Gods are no more, we are no more. So let us decide our fate. Give your gold to those who seek something new. Our gods are not worthy of such hard work and treasure. "

The man was cut off by a younger male who had recently joined the church. He wore robs and had his hands clasped together. A look of worry yet determination to bring the people back to there senses before the gods deemed them unworthy of life.

"People please do not falter. We are here because of them. Our food , our loved ones, our teachings. Have your forgotten who it was that gave us the gift of life. You listen to those who follow others, those who call your teachings foolish. I assure you we are not dumb, you are not dumb and neither are your children. If we are to be left behind the let us pray more to our gods for us to ketch up.

You must remember we can not speak ill of our creators. They can take our life as fast as they can make one. This ranting could have angered the gods. This is foolish, yes this ranting about us seeking new refuge and leaving them. We have shamed ourselves in their name and we cower to those who think they have more power. Pray to our gods for forgiveness and offer up an offering to them. We must ask for forgiveness and hope they show mercy on our souls. "

The people screamed out in fear. Everyone falling to their knees as they began to pray for forgiveness. The younger male smiling as he prayed with them. Going over the hymens the church made the night before. The man in black hissed at the male , watching everyone pray like insects to something that isn't there. When he thought he saw the whole town, he saw a girl hiding behind a tree. She was not tall but not to short to where he wouldn't notice. She seemed to be of age, 18 maybe 20. He was amazed she did not join in, but more shocked when she turned her head and ran off. Her arm showing a small symbol of an orb. The man began to think, orbs were aligned with hades. A symbol of a soul that has been ripe for many years. He looked away thinking more and more as he tried to figure out her position in this town. He had not heard of her nor seen her.

His thoughts were interrupted when clouds began to roll in, thunder began to roar and the sound of a voice could be heard. It was dark and had a raspy tone . "Mortals, it is I Hades of the underworld. I come here with a second warning. Ye who still bows to my siblings will perish along with your family. I have watched this act go on for many years, and the line must be drawn. In three moths I will come again, in a form much greater than my siblings. I will come and rule this world and the mortals who lies here. I will then kill my siblings that live in the sky. I will show you and them that I was not in hiding because I feared this world. Slowly I was preparing for this world, slowly I have waited. The time has come for everyone to be put in to their place. It will be I who will show you the way."

With this the sun shot through and the closed fell back to their earlier position. The people were speechless yet the young male was able to break the silence.

"He said second warning...when was the first...who did he tell. WHO HERE IS ALINGED WITH THE GOD OF DEATH."

Everyone looked around to figure out who. Most began to pint fingers while others began to spout out past relations to one of the gods. The man in black looked once more toward the tree where the girl stood. It can not be he thought, the girl must have been the first warning. But to assume would make him seem like the preacher who was beginning to yell. He was not at all worried though, not yet. They had time to figure out who, and time to figure out what to do next. The gods have abandon them and Hades made it clear he would take over this land.

The man in black looked toward the towns people before stepping out again and holding his hand toward the crowed.

"Clearly our life on this land is coming to an end. This world is corrupt and your gods have left you. However I do not intend to die, not yet. So if any of you know who the first warning was given to please stand. Our life is at stake and your families life is at stake. You must choose. Defend our home , find the warning and hope that our gods will answer us, or allow this chaos to gain control and our lives be lost to the god of death. Which will you choose. "

Read more about this role play...[/center]

Last edited by a moderator:
This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back