TV & Film Who isn't thrilled about Game of Thrones??? (I know I am)

protectorofthebooty

Go Go Gadget Go Go!
Ok, so I'm catching my roommate up on the last few seasons of Game of Thrones before season 7, because who wouldn't? I personally really enjoy the show, Game of Thrones, I haven't had a whole lot of time to read the books unfortunately, and so I want my roommate to be just as excited. But he's just 'Meh, so what if they died?'

Who else is excited, and devastated, about Game of Thrones?

So what if they died? Um. Leave. Don't need that negativity.
I frecking LOVE GoT <3 Snow ftw!! (Or Danny cuz she's bae)

I'm so torn between rooting for John on the Iron Throne or Danny QAQ I feel they both could make good rulers but since Winter is here we'll just have to wait and see who can save Westeros.

Me...couldn't get into it. More specifically, I couldn't get past the many por- I mean, sex scenes.

Ok, so I'm catching my roommate up on the last few seasons of Game of Thrones before season 7, because who wouldn't? I personally really enjoy the show, Game of Thrones, I haven't had a whole lot of time to read the books unfortunately, and so I want my roommate to be just as excited. But he's just 'Meh, so what if they died?'

Who else is excited, and devastated, about Game of Thrones?
I'm going to respond to the title and say me because that show is a bit above my innocence level.
Just so you know my innocence level includes Saving Private Ryan.

Me...couldn't get into it. More specifically, I couldn't get past the many por- I mean, sex scenes.
I see your point, that kind of content isn't for everyone (myself included) but I stuck with it and it really happens less as the show progresses :3 Becomes more about the war and shit and less about the bewbs

I guess.... I tried watching The White Queen but I still couldn't do it

Honestly? I really like HBO and I'm having a blast with Oz rn, but I tried to get into GoT and I just couldn't bring myself to sympathise for the characters, or care for a moment what happened to most of em. They were too... idk, shaped to be rooted for, kind of? And all of them are just so pretty, it doesn't feel realistic to me. And when I don't care about the characters, I don't care about the show.

Also the amount of straights and sex bored me, thanks for killing off one of the two gay characters in the first season and completely scrapping the arc of the other one :^)

I'm not really a fan of Game of Thrones either. Then again, I find it really difficult to get into most dramatic shows - Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, literally any crime or medical drama - It all just bores me to tears. It doesn't feel enjoyable and fun the way it does when I watch something funny like Seinfeld, or a cartoon like The Amazing World of Gumball. Heck, say what you want about Glee - at least the first couple seasons make me laugh.

Love the worldbuilding aspect of it -- it's just beautifully done. Dark and gritty are also pretty much my bread and butter as well, but man, sometimes I feel like they overdo it. As in, they're just trying to capitalise on shock value.

Been waiting for Danny to get her fire proof butt across that dang ole narrow sea for about ten years now, I hope they open with her arriving at Dragonstone, which (IMO) makes the most sense. I hope she just burns Kings Landing to the ground. Time for a new Capitol methinks.

Dang ole Jon Snow, King in the North, ya know it?

Dang ole Arya, a stone cold slayer, taking care of her list.

Dang ole Bran, gonna carry the White Walker's mark across the dang ole Wall, gonna break the magic, dang ole let them undead inter the south.

Dunno why I'm talking like Boomhower, but call me uncle and slap my grandma I'm excited as all hecking possible.

Been in love with the story since I was fifteen. Of course, the books blow the show out of the water, but I am uber impressed with how well done the show is.
Ramsay is dead, Tywin is dead, and Thorne is dead. Now its Cersai's turn, and I can move on with my life.

i can't wait for GOT!! ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! but i hope Cercei dies.... and i want it to be either by Daenerys or one of the dragons. 'cause she's just crazy.. like Joffery, i was happy when he died too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back