Video Games Which Ya Prefer ? Physical or Digital Copies ? & Why ?

Which Do You Prefer?

Physical or digital copies of a game?

Do you like -
  • the ole Standard?
  • Steelcase version?
  • The Special Edition?
  • Or Collectors Editions?

Personally, I prefer physical copies - Because of ~

1. I love collecting them... Something to decorate my pc table with or wherever you put em.
  2. If you don't like the game you can either trade or sell - Or if you are huge collectionist you can keep it just to collect it.
  3. Plus you can always go big and get the amazing collectors edition
    2764.png
    <3 which I do love
    2764.png
    <3
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What About you ???

Ps - Feel free to add me
1f642.png
:) I am looking for friends from all around different communities including the gaming community
FACE_WITH_COLON_THREE.png

01..jpg03..jpg02..jpg04..jpg
04..jpg

I tend to go with whatever is cheapest at the time when I'm purchasing the game in question. I do somewhat prefer a physical copy but lately I've been running out of room to store my games thanks to my awkward living situation. Said living situation also means collector's editions are entirely out of the question. I simply don't have the space to store all the extra stuff.

I do miss the days when games all came with a nice manual though. It's always vaguely disappointing cracking open a box and getting either a little slip of paper with an ad on it or maaaybe some basic info with the disc/cartridge or nothing more than the game itself. I understand in game tutorials have made manuals somewhat redundant but it still sucks.

I tend to go with whatever is cheapest at the time when I'm purchasing the game in question. I do somewhat prefer a physical copy but lately I've been running out of room to store my games thanks to my awkward living situation. Said living situation also means collector's editions are entirely out of the question. I simply don't have the space to store all the extra stuff.

I do miss the days when games all came with a nice manual though. It's always vaguely disappointing cracking open a box and getting either a little slip of paper with an ad on it or maaaybe some basic info with the disc/cartridge or nothing more than the game itself. I understand in game tutorials have made manuals somewhat redundant but it still sucks.

Well, that sucks, Sadly. Luckily ..... although it not a large house i have space for a lot more shit I want lol ..... and if I don't ... I just replace and pack :3 so collectors and special editions for me. Not to flaunts or anything

As for manuals ... I never read them .... like I skimmed through them sometimes and went to them when I got lost but I never paid much attention and youtube and the internet kinda replaced the manuals for me when I am lost ..... i find it a way upgraded then a written manual

I prefer physical copies. I like to collect them, and also they take up less space on memory cards than digital copies (if we talk about portable consoles for example).

If I have a chance to get physical collectors or special edition I get it, unless it's too big (i.e. I avoid those CE that include giant statues.) I'm mostly hunting for editions with artbooks and/or soundtracks. I love that stuff.
When I can't get physical copy for whatever reason, I get digital special edition.

But that applies only to those games I care about. I'm not grabbing every single CE that I see. If it's a game that I don't see myself playing much I'm okay with getting standard edition, or waiting for it to go on sale.

Last edited:
I prefer physical copies. I like to collect them, and also they take up less space on memory cards than digital copies (if we talk about portable consoles for example).

If I have a chance to get physical collectors or special edition I get it, unless it's too big (i.e. I avoid those CE that include giant statues.) I'm mostly hunting for editions with artbooks and/or soundtracks. I love that stuff.
When I can't get physical copy for whatever reason, I get digital special edition.

But that applies only to those games I care about. I'm not grabbing every single CE that I see. If it's a game that I don't see myself playing much I'm okay with getting standard enition, or waiting for it to go on sale.

Totz Understandable <3 <3 <3

for me though the bigger the collectors the better lool .- .

Special editions with soundtracks and artbooks do count as an exception to the 'no collectors editions' thing since it's way easier for me to find a place to stash a CD or little book. I guess when I hear 'collectors edition' nowadays I think of the really big ones with like, statues and the like.

Have you ever heard of a company called Working Designs? They don't exist nowadays but back in the late 90s to early 2000s they published a lot of games that came with extra goodies by default, no collectors edition required. I basically bought the PS1 game Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, many years ago, solely because its box was so big. It came with a soundtrack and 'making of' disc, a hard cover manual, a map, a pendant necklace that one of the main characters wore, and a bunch of little cardboard standee things of the different characters in the game. I still have the extra discs, manual, and pendant, though the rest was lost to time.

lunarstuff.jpg

Special editions with soundtracks and artbooks do count as an exception to the 'no collectors editions' thing since it's way easier for me to find a place to stash a CD or little book. I guess when I hear 'collectors edition' nowadays I think of the really big ones with like, statues and the like.

Have you ever heard of a company called Working Designs? They don't exist nowadays but back in the late 90s to early 2000s they published a lot of games that came with extra goodies by default, no collectors edition required. I basically bought the PS1 game Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, many years ago, solely because its box was so big. It came with a soundtrack and 'making of' disc, a hard cover manual, a map, a pendant necklace that one of the main characters wore, and a bunch of little cardboard standee things of the different characters in the game. I still have the extra discs, manual, and pendant, though the rest was lost to time.

View attachment 460999
Wow <3 That hella awesome <3 for its time :) <3 i am personally hyped for Ac O Edition and valkyria chronicles 4 which comes with an actual tank :O

Digital copies, having lots of boxes that take dust is not pleasant at all, and then, it's also more convenient to play.

I tend towards physical copies, unless the game doesn't have one, or if my local Wal-Mart doesn't stock the games like they should, then I get a digital edition. I tend to collect certain steelbooks, certain collector editions, or special editions of games, like the collector edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is only missing the replica septim coin, or the steelbook of the same game, which doesn't have the slip cover. I do have some limited edition of certain games like Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered, and one of the Kingdom Hearts one that has more than one game in it. Recently I did managed to get the Noble Phantasm Edition of Fate Extello The Umbral Star that still has everything. I love getting games that has the soundtrack with it. Dark Souls II Black Armour Edition, Dark Souls III Day One Edition, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are the three major ones I have that has the soundtracks. I was sad that i wasn't able to pre-order the collector edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I will find that statue some day. To name which special verson of games I have would be a decent size list. In case you haven't noticed, I love getting a special edition or collect edition of certain games. Some I would want to eventually get would cost me an arm and a leg price wise. Mind you that the majority of them are second hand, and I prefer having them in good to decent shape. Wow, I was kind of rambling there.

Digital copies, having lots of boxes that take dust is not pleasant at all, and then, it's also more convenient to play.
Well again each to their own.... i believe everyone had their own reason why they prefer something or not ... personally mine do not collect so much dust because i fiddles with them once a week at least plus where they are they are safe ... but the consoles //// oh god .-. i clean them like once a month and the dust of them .... like omg lol xD . - .

Don't worry... rambling is good lol :3

and i get it.... like the biggest mistake i did game wise was not getting the persona 5 collectors .... it one of my favourite game and i curse myself to this day about it lool xD .- .

AND DAMN ... Wal-Mart has everything xD .- . CONVENIENT :3

I tend towards physical copies, unless the game doesn't have one, or if my local Wal-Mart doesn't stock the games like they should, then I get a digital edition. I tend to collect certain steelbooks, certain collector editions, or special editions of games, like the collector edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is only missing the replica septim coin, or the steelbook of the same game, which doesn't have the slip cover. I do have some limited edition of certain games like Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered, and one of the Kingdom Hearts one that has more than one game in it. Recently I did managed to get the Noble Phantasm Edition of Fate Extello The Umbral Star that still has everything. I love getting games that has the soundtrack with it. Dark Souls II Black Armour Edition, Dark Souls III Day One Edition, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are the three major ones I have that has the soundtracks. I was sad that i wasn't able to pre-order the collector edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I will find that statue some day. To name which special verson of games I have would be a decent size list. In case you haven't noticed, I love getting a special edition or collect edition of certain games. Some I would want to eventually get would cost me an arm and a leg price wise. Mind you that the majority of them are second hand, and I prefer having them in good to decent shape. Wow, I was kind of rambling there.

Also..... i might need to sell a kidney or two lol to afford the games i have pre-ordered .... xD So i get it xD

Well again each to their own.... i believe everyone had their own reason why they prefer something or not ... personally mine do not collect so much dust because i fiddles with them once a week at least plus where they are they are safe ... but the consoles //// oh god .-. i clean them like once a month and the dust of them .... like omg lol xD . - .

Also, i'm lazy to clean, so, that's why. :grinningteeth:

I like physical copies more, too, but I usually buy the standard edition. If it's a game where I'm pretty certain I will enjoy it (e.g. a sequel of a game I liked, a new game in a franchise I liked or just if the reviews convinced me and I'm feeling optimistic), I tend to get the special/collectors edition with art book and/or soundtrack, though, if it is available to me and there isn't too much other (large) stuff bundled with it. Some extras are nice, but I'm not that interested in getting figures etc.
I am having some storage issues, but as of now I'm still managing to fit them onto my shelves somehow. ^_^

Also, for me buying physical copies makes the whole thing a little more fun/adventurous. Walking through the store, trying to decide from the box art and short text on the back whether I'll enjoy that game, wondering if a game will be sold out already if I don't buy it today and think it over again... Most of the time, I don't really like shopping, but with games (and books/comics/movies), I really like doing that for some reason. I do sometimes buy them online, but mostly when something isn't available to me or sold out in my area.

I like physical copies more, too, but I usually buy the standard edition. If it's a game where I'm pretty certain I will enjoy it (e.g. a sequel of a game I liked, a new game in a franchise I liked or just if the reviews convinced me and I'm feeling optimistic), I tend to get the special/collectors edition with art book and/or soundtrack, though, if it is available to me and there isn't too much other (large) stuff bundled with it. Some extras are nice, but I'm not that interested in getting figures etc.
I am having some storage issues, but as of now I'm still managing to fit them onto my shelves somehow. ^_^

Also, for me buying physical copies makes the whole thing a little more fun/adventurous. Walking through the store, trying to decide from the box art and short text on the back whether I'll enjoy that game, wondering if a game will be sold out already if I don't buy it today and think it over again... Most of the time, I don't really like shopping, but with games (and books/comics/movies), I really like doing that for some reason. I do sometimes buy them online, but mostly when something isn't available to me or sold out in my area.

I get ya lol ... personally, I do not go to store I order from a disturber but ..... when I am somewhere and I see a game store I always window shop lol .- .. also strangely I love the smell inside a new case lol .-. i know it weird but ... i am weird gal lol xD

For me I'll always prefer physical if I'm given the option as I love being able to hold the product I've bought and am a collector of my hobbies by nature. Though I will be games digitally but normally only if I'm forced to do so by no physical option being available. Or if the digital version is like on sale dirt cheap and I really don't care if I have a physical copy of it.

Now as far as standard or CE goes I use to pick up the CE whenever one was offered but now am far more picky about them. Only buying them after looking at what the extra goods are and deciding whether I honestly want what's included, as not all limited or CE editions are created equally.

For me I'll always prefer physical if I'm given the option as I love being able to hold the product I've bought and am a collector of my hobbies by nature. Though I will be games digitally but normally only if I'm forced to do so by no physical option being available. Or if the digital version is like on sale dirt cheap and I really don't care if I have a physical copy of it.

Now as far as standard or CE goes I use to pick up the CE whenever one was offered but now am far more picky about them. Only buying them after looking at what the extra goods are and deciding whether I honestly want what's included, as not all limited or CE editions are created equally.

HONESTLY THE ONLY THING ABOUT PHYSICAL COPIES... IS UGH ..... YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE AND I DEALT WITH THIS SELLER WHICH I WAS BUYING FROM FOR YEAR .. WHO JUST LOST IT AND STOPPED TALKING TO ME AND STARTED HARASSING, LIEK WTF .... like I prefer to order from seller than a store because they have lower prices plus .... they deliver it ..... & if its damaged it easily changed i guess but dealing with people .... ugh ...... gah

I also tend to go for the cheaper option... However I do prefer physical copies, as it reminds me of roaming through the video games section in the toy store when I was younger for HOURS, and then finally picking a copy, reading literally every letter on and in the case. D':

I also tend to go for the cheaper option... However I do prefer physical copies, as it reminds me of roaming through the video games section in the toy store when I was younger for HOURS, and then finally picking a copy, reading literally every letter on and in the case. D':

Um i still kinda do that ... like i don't buy from game store because there games are hella overpriced like a game that came out a year ago still had the selling price of when it came out lol and it wasn't a populer game ...... so i just window shop and just list down any interesting copies and then order them from my distubidors :3 then when they arrive i read everything again lol xD

Maybe it's a result of playing a lot of rpgs when I was little, but I always grab physical copies when I can. I get that digital copies tend to be cheaper, but having the actual cartridge/cd/chip/etc in my hands just somehows feels much more satisfying. The box art is also often a nice bonus to have as well!

I’m 50/50. I like a physical copy to put on my shelf, but sometimes I’m just too damn busy (or lazy) to go out and buy one. A digital copy is very convenient when I’m sitting at home thinking “I need a new game. I wonder what’s on sale on Playstation!”

...albeit I need more space on my hard drive, now.

Maybe it's a result of playing a lot of rpgs when I was little, but I always grab physical copies when I can. I get that digital copies tend to be cheaper, but having the actual cartridge/cd/chip/etc in my hands just somehows feels much more satisfying. The box art is also often a nice bonus to have as well!

I get that... although i am not that old for cartridges ..... i started with cd lol .- . but yeah from always i prefer physical ... although digital wasn't a thing on ps1 or 2 lel ,-, so no choice really ..... but i only usally purchase digital when the game is either not available on disc[which some awesome games like firewatch aren't] or when the offer is to die for ... but i usually don't even check digital offers ............. to begin with so yeah physical .- .

I’m 50/50. I like a physical copy to put on my shelf, but sometimes I’m just too damn busy (or lazy) to go out and buy one. A digital copy is very convenient when I’m sitting at home thinking “I need a new game. I wonder what’s on sale on Playstation!”

...albeit I need more space on my hard drive, now.

Don't you have disturbers? people who bring games and sell em ? Honestly where i live we have a fair share ...... yeah some are completely AssHATS But some are decent .... you just don't form a friendship with em ........ just talk to them when ya need sumthin lol and they deliver to yoru doorstep - not all but some do ...

Also i am lazy gurl but when it comes to shopping i love doing it so... i never am lazy for that :3

Also anybody ... really bored outta my mind .-. so feel free to message me to save me from my loneliness .- .

Physical. It's nice not having to change discs, but it's nicer not having to wait a month to play the game. My internet's way too unreliable & I literally have to go to another state if a big, mandatory update comes in. It's been worth it exactly one time, and that was for Final Fantasy XV for Xbox One. The other updates just made me miss my PS2.

I used to be a very devoted disc or gtfo kind of gamer, but with the whole "primary ps4" and "home xbox" etc, it's made digital content a lot more convenient and financially sensible for me, just because of the whole "any content you own is accessible to anyone on your home xbox." Since my significant other and I both play xbox, it just means we don't need to buy two copies of games. Which is nice for our pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back