• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice WHFRPG: Edge of the Abyss

Might wanna make it clear that we'll use the second ed of WFRP rulebook... So everybody should go get a copy haha XP AND READ THROUGH IT.

Now my job for today is to sort out the overview so you guys get a hint at what the plot will be like... Fun GM stuff :D

I wanted to ask.

How do you want us to roll for our primary and secondary profile? In the wfrp there are specific rolls for each race.

Also about the skills and talents. How many to choose?

Thanks

MasterIzzy said:
I wanted to ask.
How do you want us to roll for our primary and secondary profile? In the wfrp there are specific rolls for each race.

Also about the skills and talents. How many to choose?

Thanks
I assume this is for your Skaven character? Happy Christmas, I found a link to the Skaven expansion sourcebook for you. Everything you need and more should be in there. Have fun! :P

http://khorne.ru/2nd/wfrp_web/Children_of_the_Horned_Rat.pdf

With skills and talents I'm still deciding what to do... I'll decide quickly. Watch this space...

Added a backstory space on the CS. Doesn't need to be anything huge, just a few bullet-points will be fine.

@MasterIzzy on the subject of skills and talents, you get the ones that come with your starting career. However I'm tempted to allow everyone 300xp to spend on skills and talents in addition to this. Sound good?

I was also thinking that people might want bonus equipment at the start. I was thinking 100 gc each to spend on anything ranked average rarity or below. Don't worry, there's an IC reason for this!

Right... *Settles down for a good, long read through WFRP rulebook.*

Also @Hellkite Is there anything regarding whether Vampires can or cannot be played in the WFRP book?

KaldorDraigo said:
Right... *Settles down for a good, long read through WFRP rulebook.*

Also @DefendKebab1918 you still with us?

Worked out what the intro and first plot hook's going to be, and it should work perfectly for the characters we have! Will work slowly on the overview and request an npc's tab, but otherwise I'm just hanging around if you have questions and waiting for CS's to trickle in

yeah I am.

Sorry I was bussy with reading the rule book forgot to post something here

DefendKebab1918 said:
yeah I am.

Sorry I was bussy with reading the rule book forgot to post something here
No problem, just saw you werent watching the OOC and didnt want you to fall behind!

Hellkite said:
I assume this is for your Skaven character? Happy Christmas, I found a link to the Skaven expansion sourcebook for you. Everything you need and more should be in there. Have fun! :P
http://khorne.ru/2nd/wfrp_web/Children_of_the_Horned_Rat.pdf

With skills and talents I'm still deciding what to do... I'll decide quickly. Watch this space...

Added a backstory space on the CS. Doesn't need to be anything huge, just a few bullet-points will be fine.

@MasterIzzy on the subject of skills and talents, you get the ones that come with your starting career. However I'm tempted to allow everyone 300xp to spend on skills and talents in addition to this. Sound good?

I was also thinking that people might want bonus equipment at the start. I was thinking 100 gc each to spend on anything ranked average rarity or below. Don't worry, there's an IC reason for this!
Holy smokes! Thanks santa ;)

I'll get to reading it!

About the xp, sounds good to me that way we can jump straight into the business.

Hopefully I'll finish my CS as soon as possible!

MasterIzzy said:
Holy smokes! Thanks santa ;)
I'll get to reading it!

About the xp, sounds good to me that way we can jump straight into the business.

Hopefully I'll finish my CS as soon as possible!
The bonus xp shouldn't jump you that far forwards really, just give an opportunity to start with characters that feel individual rather than cookie-cutter. Plus you might need it to survive the intro sequence mwuhahaha...

Feel free to PM me if you have any question ps regarding character creation, and I'll try to help as best I can!

KaldorDraigo said:
I've already found teh vampire rule book, but thanks :3 read some of it yesterday. Vampire stats are pretty damned high...
Yeah, theres a serious balancing issue to be addressed if you choose to go for a Vampire character, I still need to do some of the reading myself, but if your set on being a Vampire there'll have to be some comprimises from a game point of view. To start with, you'd probably be a character who'd only just recieved the blood kiss, and so doesnt have quite so high stats. I'd probably make a few additions and subtractions to the human profile and let you use that. In addition I'd probably restrict some of the Vampire abilities behind xp walls, with the intention that fully fledged Vampire-hood acts as the end goal, rather than the start.

I'll keep reading through and see if I can come up with anything else. Let me know what you think.

I agree. Vampire stats are seriously op... the rulebook infact, recommends PC not to play as vampires. >.> I could be a newly minted vampire. It would give me the whole side story of struggling with the thirst, my new weaknesses and strengths and certainly I'd have to deal with my "Dark Parent" or Sire, as it were... Hurm. I'd roll a career from teh rulebook, since I was only recently turned. Maybe a couple of weeks or so.

KaldorDraigo said:
I agree. Vampire stats are seriously op... the rulebook infact, recommends PC not to play as vampires. >.> I could be a newly minted vampire. It would give me the whole side story of struggling with the thirst, my new weaknesses and strengths and certainly I'd have to deal with my "Dark Parent" or Sire, as it were... Hurm. I'd roll a career from teh rulebook, since I was only recently turned. Maybe a couple of weeks or so.
Yeah. You would to start out being pretty much a normal guy, just with a few Vampiric traits, and then grow from there. If you still want to play a Vampire, I'll go away today and work out a modified statline for you an which Vamp rules we'll play.

I would be a vampire. A weak one, because I'm horrified at myself and don't want to drink. So it would make sense for my stats to be lower than a normal vamps in the beginning. Matching lore too, since vampires slowly degrade if they don't drink.

@Hellkite How about making things simple, I'll just play one of the vanilla races... leave the vampires alone for now xP

KaldorDraigo said:
I would be a vampire. A weak one, because I'm horrified at myself and don't want to drink. So it would make sense for my stats to be lower than a normal vamps in the beginning. Matching lore too, since vampires slowly degrade if they don't drink.

@Hellkite How about making things simple, I'll just play one of the vanilla races... leave the vampires alone for now xP
That would be simplest, yes. If you still want to go Vampire, you could always get ths Blood Kiss at some stage in game when we've progressed to the appropriate point.

By the way, how are everyone's CS' going?

Gonna start on mine. Do we still roll for classes, or can we pick our own? Cause Seeing as it's going to be an adventure fraught with danger, it would not make sense for mere fishermen or even grave diggers to be on a quest. A grave digger would be happy for more business really.

KaldorDraigo said:
Gonna start on mine. Do we still roll for classes, or can we pick our own? Cause Seeing as it's going to be an adventure fraught with danger, it would not make sense for mere fishermen or even grave diggers to be on a quest. A grave digger would be happy for more business really.
Pick your own, and choose whatever you feel like playing. The first act of the campaign that I'm working on should involve a reasonable mix of combat and diplomacy with lots of questing in between, so I'd suggest that there'd be milleage in rolling a balanced party.

So thats two people, everyone else getting on okay? I'm tempted to post a recruitment thread to try and get 1-2 more people involved. What do you guys think?

How are we all getting on? Any problems?

ugh, I might have to drop the roleplay. Been busy with other roleplays, trying to read the lore, and life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back