• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Where do broken hearts go?

FreeSpirit

A spirit who wanders.

Where do broken hearts go? – To Rose Café.

Romantic_stylish_art_drawing_23.jpg

Who is the main character?

1. A sixteen year old high school girl who hides her true feelings by acting tough and independent.

2. A seventeen year old high school boy who is always outward with his feelings but is always considerate of others.

3. A twenty five year old female who is serious in life and career driven.

4. A twenty six year old male writer who doesn’t show much of his emotions and uses his books to express his emotions.

38b739e41c09d357e6b008aa9dad7a1d.jpg

Isaac Kent
27 years old, Writer

JIRO.jpg

Jiro Kang

20 years old, Waiter

Last edited by a moderator:

January 2017

The sun was up and the weather was warm today, good for a morning jog or an hour long sit in the park for motivation. But Isaac stayed inside his apartment staring blankly at the screen, he had been sitting in front of the laptop since last night but all that he had manage to type was an unfinished sentence. He knew that he was never enough.He continued to stare at the blinking cursor for another minute until the phone rings.

1. He answers the phone

2. He ignores the call and lay down the bed

3. He ignores the call and gets out of the apartment

Isaac looked around the place, it was a mess. Books scattered all over the room, some torn pages had stick on the wooden floor when the water from the broken vase had dried. He stood up and felt the cut on the sole of his feet ache. Might be from a shattered piece of the vase, he thought but simply ignored the pain and head towards the door.

The phone kept on ringing but he doesn’t have the will to answer it. He doesn’t want to hear any more excuses, any more lies, he’s tired of it. He took his gray shawl sweater and wore it before walking out the door.

1. He needs some air and have a walk in the park

2. He needs to eat something and head to the nearest café

3. He needs to forget and have a drink early in the morning

As he was walking down the street aimlessly, he felt his stomach ache. The last thing he ate was curry from yesterday’s lunch. He even finished it as fast as he could out of his excitement to see her. Who would have thought that things would turn out like this for him? He didn’t see this coming.

He decided to at least take a bite and continued walking down the busy street. Just like the old times, no one bothered to look at his direction, as if he’s a ghost that roams the street. But there used to be someone, someone who sees him and made him feel that he was not some invisible man that no one could see. But maybe even that was a lie after all.

He entered a small canteen where he usually goes to meet his editor. He sat at the corner where the light was dim and sat there for a while, staring out of thin air. “Isaac, you’re here! So what happened last night?” Jiro asked holding the pen and paper to get his order. “Hey man!”

Jiro felt the atmosphere and dropped the paper inside his apron’s pocket. “I’ll go get you the regular…” He said and head to the kitchen. For a minute Isaac sat still, as if time had stopped and he was frozen in place. Jiro came back and sat in front of him, “Man, you look like hell”

Isaac turned his head and looked at his reflection on the mirror wall. His hair was uncombed, his blue eyes looked tired and have black bags under it, and his lips were dried and chapped. He stared as if he was seeing a stranger, a reflection of someone he doesn’t know. “What happened? Tell me…” Jiro said.

1. “I don’t like to talk about it…” Isaac answers

2. “I saw her when I came to her apartment…” Isaac tells Jiro what happened.

3. “It’s not your business…” Isaac pushes away Jiro’s help

4. Isaac remains silent until tears start to fall

Isaac remained silent for a while, still staring at the reflection. Jiro was right, he looked like hell and he doesn’t look like Isaac at all. Finally, after a long good look at himself, he decided to look away and do something with his trembling hands. He put one inside his sweater’s jacket and felt something inside. Slowly, he took it out and stared at what seemed like a little book in his hand.

Aliah liked all of his novels, she fell in love with him because of those books, or so she say she did. Since then, Isaac poured his soul with every novel he wrote and the dedication page never changed.

For Aliah

Maybe for other people, those words felt plain, like an unfinished sentence but for him, it was special because he was never the man who says how he feels but simply shows it. Aliah was the only person who meant world to him, who brought out the best in him.  And now that she's gone, he doesn’t even know what the world meant anymore.

“Cheer up, man.” Jiro said, can’t find the right words to comfort his friend.

As if he didn’t heard Jiro, he slowly opened the little book on his hand and inside lies a silver ring. The emerald shaped diamond shines, as if it’s calling to be worn by its owner – the owner that would never come. Isaac sat still until tears started falling down his face. He reached for his cheek where the tears had fallen as if he was making sure that the tears came from his own eyes.  That he was crying, because only this time, his tears had flown since he saw Aliah cheat on him last night.

1. Isaac stands up and runs outside

2. Isaac stays until he gets a hold of himself

3. Isaac orders for a drink

4. Isaac's order arrives and Jiro urges him to eat

Tears are foreign for Isaac, at least for the past decade. He had been through many things, hardships and happiness together, but he never shed a single tear. Not when his novel was turned down, not when her mother left, but ten years ago, he did, when Aliah said yes to be his girlfriend. It was something from the past but for him it was just like ten days ago, that's how he loves her. Everything they do together was engraved in his mind, maybe that's why he can't stop crying  because every memory of her, now feels like it was all a lie. 

When he had finally calmed down, he looked up and saw no sign of Jiro. He can't blame his friend, Jiro can't do anything about it. He tried to put the ring box on the table but it slipped from his numb hand and  fell down the floor. He stared at the ring on the floor for a while until someone spoke. "Should I pick it up for you?" Only then, he realized that the ring had stopped from rolling because of the red heels that the woman wears who just came in.

1. He ignores the woman and pick it up himself

2. He looks up at her and says, "You can have it..."

3. He picks it up and apologizes to the woman

4. Reader's choice...

Isaac looks up at her slowly and said, "I-it's not mine...you can have it"

"Really?" She asked as Isaac watch her pick up the ring. He felt a pang in his heart when her fingers touched the ring, as if the ring was never meant to be touched by anyone other than Aliah. But he doesn't want to continue waiting for her when she said so herself that she won't be coming back "Maybe the owner had dropped it...should I just have it or wait for the owner to come back for it?"

He looks away, "I don't know..."

"Right...you wouldn't know of course..."

There was silence for a moment and he heard the door closed. The thought of the ring being taken away by a stranger made him turn to see the woman still standing where she had been standing. "I thought so..."

She smiled at him and settled the ring on the table, "I decided to wait for the owner to come back for it..."

"I-I'm not..." He stopped seeing her reaction.

"I want it back..." She said, "Your face says it all..."

She smiled at him and he stared at her, even after Jiro came to give her "take out" order, even after she walked out the door. His eyes followed her as he remembered her smile, a smile with a hint of sadness, sadness that was strangely mutual.

1. Isaac decides to follow her

2. Isaac asks Jiro about her

3. Isaac forgets about her and decide to walk back home

4. Isaac gets a call from Jiro's phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back