What's YOUR Work-Out?

TacoMann

Just a sweet transvestite
Just a general, oddball question, to some other dorks, regarding how y'all stay in shape. Now I know not all of us are money-sponging layabouts who NEED a fixed work out to stay in shape, but it still seems like a good topic of Chit-Chat.

I'm a martial artist, who's been cut off from his dojang, due to lack of a driver's license and limited commuting, so, I:

1) Practice my patterns often

2) Do a weird thing, where about twice a week, I clear out my little living area as best I can... put on some music, and practice, aiming to land a hit to the beat of the music. Kinda a full-points open-area DDR thing, ya know? The hardest genres of music? You'd think Metal or Dub-Step or something, and yay/nay there, some songs are surprisingly simple to keep in tune with, others, I just use as Break-time. Nah, the most consistently harsh songs under Swing, Freeform Jazz, and Alt. Rock....especially Modest Mouse and Cab Calloway. God damn Modest Mouse and Cab Calloway.

Whatabouts y'all?

Nice, I'm abit of a momma's boy myself, so, that's alittle sweet to hear. Then again, hard NOT to be a momma's boy when your mother's immediate response to saying you want to go to prom in a dress, not a suit, is "I know exactly where we can find the shoes you're looking for.".

But yeah, I also enjoy a good sparring match every now and then...although I don't usually have any actual opponents who make a good workout, and sparring with my husband's no fun for either of us, because he's a Judo guy.... Striking Sport + Grappling Sport = No Bueno.

ei5c86.jpg
Yup,....awesome fun.

My workout at the gym is a tightly honed regimen of sitting in my car for thirty minutes with my head against the steering wheel as I listen to NPR.

Workout? lol.

In all seriousness, I was hitting the gym regularly but the gym I go to is unfortunately 20 minutes away from where I live. Used to live a little closer for a while so I haven't been there in a while. Do wanna get a little daily regimen together that I can do at home though to keep me in shape.

About 45 minutes of weight lifting and an hour and a half/two hours of cardio per day. Don't ask me how I fit this into my schedule, but I do.

2 hours of cardio on my less lazy days. i love hiking/running on the beach, so i do that a lot.

i lift for about an hour every two days.

Nibbling on potato chips, that always proves to be an efficient work out. Simply joking, but I would say a mixture of jumping jacks and sit-ups. A good swim in the lake would not be deemed as a horrific concept either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back