Story What's D.O.G in reverse? [Planet busting dog short story!]

planetbustingdog

Destroyer of worlds, eater of treats.
Roleplay Type(s)
"So... What is it?"
"I don't know, but it's looking at me with its tongue out. It must want to devour me whole."
"Then why are we still staring at it?"
"Because it's.. Adorable."

Two aliens stood in front of the huffing, puffing mess of energy that was the dog of destruction, the pup of planet popping perseverance..

They wiggled their facial tendrils with anxiety, hid their uncomfortable hand fidgeting under their robes, and began to slowly back away from the prancing fido, who rolled around in the dusty, crimson dirt of their homeworld.

The dog was constantly producing a fantastic, electrifying aura. It made the earth tremble beneath it, every paw that patted idly against the floor kicking up rocks like they were packing peanuts caught by the wind. Its eyes released a rising white fog, like hot breath in the middle of a snowstorm.

"This creature must be dealt with... Our champion, Ulg'seroth will splatter it swiftly."
"Oh Gog'nor! This creature couldn't harm a flutterbug! Here, I'll show you!"

One of the aliens approached the dog; the desperate flailing of the other hardly being enough to deter him.
"Okay doggy, give me some paw."
The dog rose from the ground, slapping their paw against the viscous tendril of the alien.

It was taken clean off, and the simple motion cleaved through the alien's shoulder, followed by a giant upheaval of dirt in the direction of the swipe.
The living alien took a peek behind himself to behold the devastation. A once healthy plot of mountainous village had simply disappeared. This destruction quickly summoned the previously mentioned Ulg'seroth, who appeared out of thin air to oppose the alien invader

He was covered in many tendrils, potentially a sign of great reverence in their alien culture. The rest of him was a hulking, naked mass, which produced a significant aura field around him as well. Thunderclouds formed, lightning struck the earth, the crackling of anger made manifest molded Ulg'seroth into a new transformation - a giant beast, formed in the legacy of Cthulu's great form, or other elder gods.

"You, insignificant creature. You have disturbed this holy race with your insolent toying of power. You will be punished accordingly. I will tear you atom by atom, I will consume your essence, and your afterlife will be a constant of the excretion and consumption of your everlasting soul-"

"Woof!"

A simple pop of joy blasted out of the dog's mouth. A verbal expression of excitement, charged into a great beam of pure energy - shuddering the planet and the moons in its orbit, bursting the sound barrier and the many eardrums of the creatures on this planet. It practically absorbed the great entity's body within it, evaporating it into nothing, along with the rest of the planet, which simply withered away into space dust.

The dog was left alone once again, floating among the space debris and the remnants of a once powerful and influential alien colony. Alone again, the dog simply began to float into the ever-expanding darkness of space, seeing where he will end up next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back