Chitchat What makes or breaks an interest check for you?

aranafco

AKA El Paco
I tend to like unusual settings with plots that are specific to them. If the story is something that can just be copy pasted into another world and work just fine I find that rather uninteresting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know i sound stupid for it, but i HATE Slice of life, i don't get why you can't just go do it yourself irl, instead of putting it in the subforum.

Emphasis on the "I know i sound stupid for it," But i need military aspects, or atleast an interesting and very complex fantasy/futuristic plot.

I agree with you on the unique setting and plot thing. It's the same reason I find it hard to find a Fandom RP with a decent plot-- most people just want to reenact scenes from their respective games/books/TV shows with slightly different wording. Not my thing.

Fantasy has always been a huge turn-on for me, because it has the most diversity. I definitely prefer looking at Interest Checks over there. There seems to be something for everyone. <3

Original ideas are what always make it for me. However, it's often sunk by

A. GM copy and pastes the little text in his interest check into the actual RP and gives no further detail, indicating laziness and lack of foresight.

And B. The users that become interested. If I see alot of anime I step forward cautiously and prepare to abandon ship if necessary.

I think the length is what turns a lot of people off to interest checks. If it's too long, they won't read it. That simple. It's the modern day attention span.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back