• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered What makes for a good Role Play Request thread?

Butterflux

A Beautiful Illusion
Hello. I'm fairly new to RPN and haven't posted that much. In fact I just posted my first thread yesterday. I see all kinds of request threads. Most seem to be lacking basic information to know what a person is looking for. Then again, from what I understand I added too much information. So what makes a good request thread?

I thought it would be something with a blurb about you, what do expect from you, what you expect from others. Of course with a listing of pairings, genus, and plots. But I've been told that's too overwhelming for this site. So now I'm not sure what to post.

Anyways, feed back or if there are any guild lines out there, that would be nice. 😫 Always hate feeling like a noobish weeb when starting something new.

I'd actually say more info is better than less, because it gives people a better sense of who you are and what you're looking for. Also, if you're one to write longer posts in general, if someone can't make it through a longer interest check then they may not have been a good fit anyway?

But as with many things, it depends on the reader, so that's just my opinion, and won't hold for every person on the site. (But may hold for several of them.)

In Roleplay Discussion & Advice section it's a common practice to ask advise on your search threads. People will give some tips what you can improve. Of course, it's not guaranteed that following advise would make your thread popular but might still help :)

Examples of such threads
Recruitment Advice?
Which of your interest checks have gotten the most response?
How to make a multifandom idea stand out?
Looking for someone to help fix up my recruit threads

And there are many, many more. You can read the advise other people got or start your own thread as well.

The main point, however, is that there is no single good way to make a thread. Some things work for some people, other things work for others! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back