• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

What Lies Beneath Home(TenshiHinara&Ayezombie)

heysappho

Teifling Rogue
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Colette jumped down from the chair she was standing on, now pleased with the way her morning glory plant hung around her window. Her father had left town for the day to go pickup supplies for some new project outside he was working on, so she took it apon herself to open up the house for some desperatly needed spring cleaning.

"Jeeze, how much dust can one man gather?" She huffed, walking out of her room and out the front door, carrying a bag full of dirty dust rags from the day's cleaning. She tried to lift it into the trashcan, but couldn't gather up enough strength for it. Being short and tiny really did not benefit her here A couple houses down she could see a moving truck parked, with people travelling in and out of the old place. All of the houses on this side of town were old to begin with, but most of them repainted to be a bit more modern. This house kept it's old air, but still looked absolutely gorgeous.

"Hopefully the new owners will mow the lawn a lot more." She hummed, trying once more on lifting the bag before giving up and setting off to the market down the street to buy some groceries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessica sighed as she looked over her new room, a well sized area with a walk in closet and a balcony outside. She laid down on her bed, queen sized with a dark purple comforter and pillows. She took out her phone, pulling up wattpad so she could read while the movers finished setting up the bottom floor. "Nothing like a good fantasy book to pass the time." She said to herself, checking out the books that were on the featured list. She sighed again as she realized that there wasn't anything she hadn't read on the list. Maybe romance or adventure will have something... She grinned as she saw a book she had yet to read. "Bingo." she whispered, starting the new romance book she had found.

Just around the corner was the store, and a quick run through was all it took to find the items on her list. The owner had set out some fresh produce though, she Cole decided to use the leftover money to pickup a couple of the acorn squash, tomatoes, and a small terrarium as house warming gifts. "Hopefully they like acorn squash." she joked with the cashier, who had already gotten it all bagged. The terrarium was in an old fashioned glass bottle, corked off tightly. Inside was just some moss and sedum, but it looked nice.

Once she was checked out, Cole walked up to the front door of the newcomer's home. It was wide open as movers walked in and out, carrying inside the contents of the truck.

"Uhm, hello." She said, stopping a mover for a moment. "Is anyone of the house here?"

"Yeah, inside. Go ahead in." He said, ushering Colette in. She left her bag of groceries on the porch, but took the gifts in with her, waiting awkwardly in the front room for someone.

Jessica looked towards her door as she heard one of the movers speaking to a stranger. She shrugged and put her phone in sleep mode. Might as well check it out, a friend would be nice. She observed her slim figure standing at 5'6 in the mirror, swiftly running a pale hand through her light brown hair before heading down. She quickly stepped down the old spiral staircase, unsuccessfully hiding her eagerness to meet a potential friend. She straightened herself up somehow before entering the room meant to greet guests and hold parties, only showing the tiniest of a curious glint in her emerald green eyes. She slowly opened the door and stepped through, holding out her hand to the girl inside with a small smile. "Hullo! And you might be?"

"Colette LaVey." She said, flashing the other girl a smile. She was surely shorter than her, standing only at 5'3, but her messy black hair accounted for most of her height. It was straight as a board but always seemed to look windswept, even if she'd done nothing but laid around all day. Luckily enough for her, she could occasionally pull off the messy hair look.

She shook the girl's hand before speaking again.

"I live just a few houses down, and figured I'd bring you all by something from the market when I went out. I hope I wasn't intrupting anything."

She looked at the gift that Colette was holding before mentally slapping herself. "Ah, what am I thinking? I didn't tell you my name first! My name is Jessica Leckart. It's nice to meet you Colette. No, you aren't interrupting anything. My parents aren't here, so it's not like you have anything to disturb." Jess crawled into a corner of her mind, depressed. I totally seem like a motor mouth... She hid her inside conflicts, pulling herself together and looked to Colette again with her emerald green eyes, secretly assessing Colette. "So, do you need any help? I don't have much else to do."

Colette smiled and laughed to herself a little, not wanting to embarrass the girl. In a bubbly voice she reassured Jessica. "You can take this off of my hands."

Colette held the bag out for her, raising an eyebrow playfully. Jessica seemed more nervous than anything, probably just because a strange girl just walked into her new home, a place she hasn't been for more than a few hours even.

"It's nice to meet you though, Jessica. Glad to have someone that seems pretty chill to finally move into this house."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back