Other What is scary too you?

R U S T

“That’s one small step for man.”
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Howdy all, so I've been making a horror role play at the moment and I’m curious to hear what you all say! Before you post your fear I would also like a picture describing that fear so it’s better to understand!

I think that I don’t have any fears that I’m self aware about at the moment, but I’m not really afraid of the ocean…..

I’m afraid how only 95% of it hasn’t been discovered.

And apparently in the earth’s crust, there are these small little water pockets.

The thing is, these aren’t small at all, in matter of fact, they’re bigger than our oceans by an extreme amount, like imagine what lives there it just makes me think about it with concern. And I heard that people wants to dig into the earth’s crust deeper, like why?

Silence, it's creepy, i can't do it, i need to heat a fan or car or something or i die

And not a fear but it makes me squirm, smells. Any smells, i don't like smells, there's very few that i like. Smells are just all gross to me

And I'm sorry but i don't know what pictures would go with those, since they're (ofc) non-physical senses

I think even without a picture it's easy to understand but like... the scariest thing is other people. Not in the social anxiety sense, but like what people are capable of doing to each other. Sure, animals like bears and such are capable of killing us and are pretty frightening, and the vast unknown of the sea is pretty daunting (same with space, also spooky) but you're more likely to be hurt by another human over anything else--and sometimes in ways that no other creature or animal is capable of doing.

TLDR: People are scary and capable of scary things.

Howdy all, so I've been making a horror role play at the moment and I’m curious to hear what you all say! Before you post your fear I would also like a picture describing that fear so it’s better to understand!

I think that I don’t have any fears that I’m self aware about at the moment, but I’m not really afraid of the ocean…..

And apparently in the earth’s crust, there are these small little water pockets.

The thing is, these aren’t small at all, in matter of fact, they’re bigger than our oceans by an extreme amount, like imagine what lives there it just makes me think about it with concern. And I heard that people wants to dig into the earth’s crust deeper, like why?
I'm afraid of the ocean. Terrified, actually. What's down below. Way down below. Just the thought of it makes me shudder. What you described is just so.... terrifying.

Spiders too. Crocodiles go on the list as well. :-_-lines:

Me: "I'm not afraid of nuttin'."
Spider: crawling next to me. Waves hi.
Me: screams like a little girl.

I think that what I'm most afraid of atm is a fact I learned recently about brain aneurysms. They can happen randomly to you, and a lot of the times, there might not even be a cause for it. They can also leave no symptoms, meaning that if you got one while you're sleeping you could die. And just like pass away.

Have fun existing :D

Mountain lions. They’re my biggest iggest fear when hunting, especially. Those bastards are too good at stalking you without you even knowing.

I always carry a gun with me into the mountains, regardless of what time of year it is, because of these things. The thought of walking in the backcountry and being stalked by one honestly scares the shit out of me, way more than bears. And grizzlies are present in areas of my state, too.

Here’s a recent video I’d seen. Yeah, this thing would be full of holes if that were me.

I have had a complex life. More so than most. I have dealt with temporary blindness, paralysis, extreme medical testing. I very much relate to a popular story about a girl who's mother kept her sick for attention.

Suffocation from allergic reaction is my greatest fear. I had moments were I have lost consciousness believing that this might be it. The powerlessness you feel knowing air is all around you and your still going to suffocate is agonizing.

The unknown. Often in horror movies, the reveal isn’t what scares me. Once I have a picture in mind, I might be grossed out by it, but I don’t really get scared. It’s the build up, the suspense. The hints and suggestions. The beast lurking behind, not really seen.

Talk, dark silhouettes. Gapping mouths. Deep water. Pale and lanky figures with large black eyes. Those things not-quite-human. Humanistic sounds. Gargling, that scream that tears out of one’s throat. Uncontrolled crying, hyperventilating. Being so scared you can’t make a sound, can’t move, can’t breathe.

Getting hurt, injury is a fear. But that’s just something I wince at in film or while reading. I’d hate for it to happen to me, but again, I’m not necessarily scared. Insinuate what happened. Paint a picture with too much and too little detail. Don’t show, tell us what happened. Those things terrify me.

Jump scares are short-lived and overused. I love subtle ones without the music to tell you HEY, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO SCARE YOU. The Following when the creature was lurking in the background throughout the film, the way it suddenly filled the doorway in one scene. No music, just the visual. I love that shit. I hate the obvious, being told how to feel about something. Let me come to that realization myself.

Things in movies that feel unreal but absolutely could have happened in real life. Cruelty. Impending doom. The blatant disregard for human life. Harm to those who can’t fend for themselves. I get both scared AND angry. Too much though, and I lose all interest. I can’t continue with it. You’ve gotta have a good balance.

Anyways, hope this helps!

Last edited:
-Deep water

-Driving a car

The most common nightmare I have is being in a car that drives off a bridge and falls into water. Sometimes I'm driving, and sometimes it's someone else driving. I ride scooters and motorcycles and have no problems with them, but controlling a huge hunk of metal makes me uneasy. It's getting better though. I find I'm MUCH more comfortable driving when I am by myself and I can do things my way.

-Being mistrusted

I don't always succeed, but I try my damnest to be an honest and trustworthy person. It genuinely hurts bad when I'm not trusted, or I'm falsely accused of something.

-Silence. Silence is spooky. Then there's that damn clicking or popping sound that happens out of nowhere and makes me jump, and I don't know where the hell it comes from!

I have severe Thalassophobia, which is a fear of the ocean. In terms of a picture describing it, here it is;
16d822bf40a7a82a15a632091be50a5c.gif

It's so bad that even if I swim in the ocean in a video game, I get severe anxiety.

Nuclear wars the big one for me. Just having everything you know and love wiped out in the space of a day, and slowly dying and fading away afterward. Very smart of me to watch Threads in the midst of all that's going on right now. It's kept me up many many nights, even nine months after the fact!

I'm ironically terrified of airplanes. Ironic in the sense that I've flown many times before and I absolutely love watching them fly. I even have an airport and airliner tier list, based on how many times I've traveled, but it's never been easy for me. I've always downed tons of ginger pills and I always struggle with getting into the air. I tend to panic whenever my flights are longer than three hours as well due to claustrophobia. I understand that airliners are safer than ever before, and so is modern technology, but I don't care. I'm still terrified that high into the air.

On a less realistic note. .

I'm deathly afraid of encountering The Hat Man. I've always been deeply superstitious and have always been interested in the paranormal. I did a little "ghost hunting" in high school while living in a house that was at least two hundred years old (was condemned sometime after I moved away too) with plenty of strange encounters to boot. None of them have ever bothered me though. There's something about The Hat Man that is absolutely terrifying to me, though, and that's probably because my ex-girlfriend claimed to have seen him once. I've read several accounts that he tends to appear for those with family issues (me) and feeds off fear. As someone who tends to go for runs after the sun sets. .

Well, let's just say that I look over my shoulder often and sometimes come in way later than expected because of superstition.

Dying with the knowledge that my achievements mean nothing to the world and its scheme of things. That my existence is a mere speck in the stories of history; that I will never be remembered centuries on. Perhaps what scared me the most is not the fact I am a nobody to the world, but the fact that my time will never last. Nothing does. Death scared me, because it's the end of all that is me.

Currently, I’m most afraid of sleep paralysis. I’ve experienced it a couple of times and it was the most horrible feeling being conscious, but unable to move any part of your body. I literally wasn’t sure if I was dead or alive. It takes internal screaming to the next level.

Anything with a lot of legs and a lot of eyes. Not that I get anxious when writing about being attacked by things like spiders, but I definitely get that creepy feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back