• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

What is "Post Macro"?

EasyE

I just saw a thread posted about troubleshooting it, but the thread didn't explain what they are. I also went through the FAQ's and couldn't find anything. I feel like there's information somewhere regarding it but I can't seem to locate that.

Can someone either direct me to where I can learn about "Post Macro" or tell me what it is?

Thanks!

A post macro isn't unlike a macro you make for something like an mmporg.

If you have an RP and you always need to format it a certain way then you can create a post macro so that way you don't have to type all the formating over and over again. All you have to do is click on the Choose a macro thing below, pick the macro for your needs per RP and voila, instant settings.

Or, if, like me, you need to repeat the same information to people, then you might create a macro that says everything you need to say without having to rewrite it a zillion times. I have a welcome macro that I can use when new people come to the site. It's not individual and it's very form letter, but it saves me from having to type everything 50 times a day.

You can find the post macros under your avatar on the top right hand of your screen or, you should be able to create one from this link here: https://www.rpnation.com/post-macros/new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back