• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Whaddaya Mean, You Can't Steal A Goddess? (Johnoclock/Schnee Corp Lawyer)

"NAH. That ain't what I said at all, kid. But damn, crime and criminals are the worst kind of scum, so that girl needs these sortsa stern talking-tos before it's too late. Dammit, why couldnta I known her when she was littler...?" He nursed his iron jaw with a downcast expression as he started to move, a sag in his hefty shoulders. But before his shuffling feet could carry him completely from the room, he jerked his gaze Sanae's way again with urgency. "Hmmh?! Nah, there's no sense tryin' to chase down an invisible person... Guess I'll just take the metro home or somethin'... You're safe enough now and everything, right?"

Looming up above her like a great monolith of stone, he rooted around briefly in his sweatpants pocket and came out with a small and battered business card with a name and number for a detective's agency.

"Urushiba Rindo. Oh yeah, that's the place me and my daughter run. You know, the White Girl who Kobushi saved Tokyo with a few times and everythin'... (please hire us, we're poor... she's so high on justice she just does everythin' for free...)" His lips didn't seem to move during that last part for whatever reason. "So if you got any recollection you might wanna share 'bout those murder incidents Black Fist was accused of, take 'em there. I gotta go home and eat my protein mix."
"Oh, uh, sorry, but I don't know her. I'm not from around here. I'm-"

She thought over how everything had gone with Kobushi since she opened up with the 'Hi I'm a goddess!' method. She'd been in Gensokyo so long she'd forgotten that sort of thing was weird. Granted, that was back when espers and yoda pandas weren't wandering tokyo's streets, but...

"...I-I'm from somewhere that doesn't have internet, or even television. We're very traditional." She not-lied. She took the card and read it over, and looked almost apologetic as she scuffed her feet against the floor. "Ok, I'll do that, but... well I don't have any money either so..."

"Oh, uh, sorry, but I don't know her. I'm not from around here. I'm-"

She thought over how everything had gone with Kobushi since she opened up with the 'Hi I'm a goddess!' method. She'd been in Gensokyo so long she'd forgotten that sort of thing was weird. Granted, that was back when espers and yoda pandas weren't wandering tokyo's streets, but...

"...I-I'm from somewhere that doesn't have internet, or even television. We're very traditional." She not-lied. She took the card and read it over, and looked almost apologetic as she scuffed her feet against the floor. "Ok, I'll do that, but... well I don't have any money either so..."

"Right, right, forgot she said ya were homeless..." He replied with a wistful glimmer in his eyes, seeing himself out before she started asking him for handouts he didn't have.

"Right, right, forgot she said ya were homeless..." He replied with a wistful glimmer in his eyes, seeing himself out before she started asking him for handouts he didn't have.
"Bye Urushiba-san!" she said with a wave as he left. She watched him go out the window, before she sighed and clasped her hands behind her back as she rocked back and forth on her heels. She glanced around with a thoughtful frown, before she tried the door out of the room. If Kuroi had really left, maybe she could look around the apartment a bit.

"Bye Urushiba-san!" she said with a wave as he left. She watched him go out the window, before she sighed and clasped her hands behind her back as she rocked back and forth on her heels. She glanced around with a thoughtful frown, before she tried the door out of the room. If Kuroi had really left, maybe she could look around the apartment a bit.

Almost as soon as Rindo lumbered out the window and shimmied himself magnetically down a drainpipe towards the street below, Sanae's progress was halted by a forefinger and thumb pinching her ear lobe as a Kobushi who never left let her invisibility fade in a slower, more threatening way than usual, the better to highlight the dark shadow across her face. "You..."

Almost as soon as Rindo lumbered out the window and shimmied himself magnetically down a drainpipe towards the street below, Sanae's progress was halted by a forefinger and thumb pinching her ear lobe as a Kobushi who never left let her invisibility fade in a slower, more threatening way than usual, the better to highlight the dark shadow across her face. "You..."

She jumped as her ear was nabbed, but the look on her face showed it was more of a suspicion confirmed than a shocking reveal. "I knew it!" she said, actually grinning despite herself. "I'm surprised Mr. Detective didn't think that one through. So, even the great and terrible black fist has someone she looks up to, huh?" she asked with a sly smile, only a small wince through the pain at her ear.

She jumped as her ear was nabbed, but the look on her face showed it was more of a suspicion confirmed than a shocking reveal. "I knew it!" she said, actually grinning despite herself. "I'm surprised Mr. Detective didn't think that one through. So, even the great and terrible black fist has someone she looks up to, huh?" she asked with a sly smile, only a small wince through the pain at her ear.

"How much thinking you think he does?" Kuroi asked with a barely concealed growl, wounded to the bone if her quivering jaw and red face were any indication. "He's not anyone I look up to, dumbass, he's my main squeeze! Where the hell's a lonely little shrinegirl get off turnin' him against me?!"

She twisted her ear a bit tighter, taking a distance-closing step forward.

"How much thinking you think he does?" Kuroi asked with a barely concealed growl, wounded to the bone if her quivering jaw and red face were any indication. "He's not anyone I look up to, dumbass, he's my main squeeze! Where the hell's a lonely little shrinegirl get off turnin' him against me?!"

She twisted her ear a bit tighter, taking a distance-closing step forward.

"W-wait, ow, ow, I thought that was a joke! he's like twice your age- nnggh, ow, and I painted you in the best light I could considering you're dead set on calling yourself a kidnapper and stop it!"
she hissed, her own hand snagging Kuroi's opposite ear with a quick and sharp tug.

"W-wait, ow, ow, I thought that was a joke! he's like twice your age- nnggh, ow, and I painted you in the best light I could considering you're dead set on calling yourself a kidnapper and stop it!" she hissed, her own hand snagging Kuroi's opposite ear with a quick and sharp tug.

"HOW FREAKING OLD DO YOU THINK I AM?! So what, anyways? You old fashioned or something?" She snapped, somehow not at all assuaged by the insinuation that the dude pushing sixty was somehow only twice as old as her. Sanae's return assault on her ear only made her close one eye and wince mildly, and in retaliation she grabbed and started squeezing the goddess's cheeks again with a rough shake or two. "First off, I toldja to stop goin' head to head with me, and second off, you incriminated me to him for no reason! You got some kind of death wish now, you delusional little maniac?"

"HOW FREAKING OLD DO YOU THINK I AM?! So what, anyways? You old fashioned or something?" She snapped, somehow not at all assuaged by the insinuation that the dude pushing sixty was somehow only twice as old as her. Sanae's return assault on her ear only made her close one eye and wince mildly, and in retaliation she grabbed and started squeezing the goddess's cheeks again with a rough shake or two. "First off, I toldja to stop goin' head to head with me, and second off, you incriminated me to him for no reason! You got some kind of death wish now, you delusional little maniac?"

"I dunno, twenty some- ack! "Sanae squawked in discomfort, and her free hand just sort of buried itself palm first against Kuroi's face to try and shove her back without letting go of her ear.

"Ah Wooin ee ooin heh ho heh wi wu ih wu wern so een oo me!"

"I dunno, twenty some- ack! "Sanae squawked in discomfort, and her free hand just sort of buried itself palm first against Kuroi's face to try and shove her back without letting go of her ear.

"Ah Wooin ee ooin heh ho heh wi wu ih wu wern so een oo me!"

Between the splayed fingers all up in her face, Kuroi's eyes narrowed in a dangerous expression of annoyance, never losing their panther's gleam as even her neck muscles resisted Sanae's push with vigor. "Mhrh'm nhff mhrn 'o yhfu! Mm'hm rhllrhy-- MRGHHFHGR-"

Unwilling to remove either of her hands' grips to slap Kochiya's hand away, she jerked her face in either direction sharply then just licked all over the kid's palm until she took it off.

"-I've been ridiculously nice to your uppity ass. How're you not getting this? If I were a little more your average breed of criminal your big fat mouth would've dug you your own grave by now, but instead I might as well be lettin' you get away with it. You should be thanking me, like this: 'oh, Black Fist-chan, you're the best. Mwah mwah mwah-mwah!' But instead you're just bein' a spoiled little geek!" She sneered and turned her nose up. "You know, if this were a manga? You'd be way at the bottom of all the popularity polls."

Between the splayed fingers all up in her face, Kuroi's eyes narrowed in a dangerous expression of annoyance, never losing their panther's gleam as even her neck muscles resisted Sanae's push with vigor. "Mhrh'm nhff mhrn 'o yhfu! Mm'hm rhllrhy-- MRGHHFHGR-"

Unwilling to remove either of her hands' grips to slap Kochiya's hand away, she jerked her face in either direction sharply then just licked all over the kid's palm until she took it off.

"-I've been ridiculously nice to your uppity ass. How're you not getting this? If I were a little more your average breed of criminal your big fat mouth would've dug you your own grave by now, but instead I might as well be lettin' you get away with it. You should be thanking me, like this: 'oh, Black Fist-chan, you're the best. Mwah mwah mwah-mwah!' But instead you're just bein' a spoiled little geek!" She sneered and turned her nose up. "You know, if this were a manga? You'd be way at the bottom of all the popularity polls."

"I'll have you know I usually average in the teens, sometimes even top ten!"

Kuroi found Sanae surprisingly resistant to the hand licking, and in the end all it earned her was her own spit smeared up the front of her face as Sanae struggled to get free herself. "Oo avenh ohn a hinhul ice eenh oh eh hah waha haveeng ei ife! hah ullying eeeeee!"

"I'll have you know I usually average in the teens, sometimes even top ten!"

Kuroi found Sanae surprisingly resistant to the hand licking, and in the end all it earned her was her own spit smeared up the front of her face as Sanae struggled to get free herself. "Oo avenh ohn a hinhul ice eenh oh eh hah waha haveeng ei ife! hah ullying eeeeee!"
"Okay, TIME OUT!" She snarled, incensed to the point of disbelief by what a brat Sanae was being. Both the priestess's wrists were roughly snatched and, being that she was still a wimp and Kuroi wasn't, the thief presumably had no great difficulty in whirling her around to pin her against the wall, her face smushed against the wallpaper, one hand seizing the back of her head and the other twisting both arms behind her back where it kept them in a leveraging wristlock.

"There a point you're trying to make or are you just pitchin' a hissy fit, 'cause I've warned you plenty of times what's gonna happen if you keep buggin' me. You're so annoying, and you're not even any fun! I bet a hoity-toity little dork like you has more antlers than friends. And you have zero antlers!~" She dropped in lightly, unhesitant in leaning right up to Sanae's ear to say so.

Last edited:
"Okay, TIME OUT!" She snarled, incensed to the point of disbelief by what a brat Sanae was being. Both the priestess's wrists were roughly snatched and, being that she was still a wimp and Kuroi wasn't, the thief presumably had no great difficulty in whirling her around to pin her against the wall, her face smushed against the wallpaper, one hand seizing the back of her head and the other twisting both arms behind her back where it kept them in a leveraging wristlock.

"There a point you're trying to make or are you just pitchin' a hissy fit, 'cause I've warned you plenty of times what's gonna happen if you keep buggin' me. You're so annoying, and you're not even any fun! I bet a hoity-toity little dork like you has more antlers than friends. And you have zero antlers!~" She dropped in lightly, unhesitant in leaning right up to Sanae's ear to say so.
There was a small grunt as Sanae was plastered against the wall, and she blew a few stray bangs out of her face with a pout that she couldn't aim at Kuroi herself so she leveled powerfully on the window outside.

"..."

If she had her powers, this girl would've been an unconscious lump on the ground. Yesterday.

Unfortunately, wishing didn't seem to be any more effective than praying. She let out a long, drawn out sigh, before she shook her head.

"...Ok, first of all, I don't think you want to compare friend counts with a goddess when your crush is on a sixty year old and your idea of 'good nervous' is scaring your kidnappee victim with doujin lines. I'm everyone's friend." She said with a sniff, before she gave a nervous frown. "And I told you, forever ago! I'm required to be vengeful! If Kanako and Suwako found out that I got kidnapped and didn't put up any fight, t-they might just straight up disown me! If you hit me, I have to hit back! a kami is no ones victim, only friend or enemy!"

There was a small grunt as Sanae was plastered against the wall, and she blew a few stray bangs out of her face with a pout that she couldn't aim at Kuroi herself so she leveled powerfully on the window outside.

"..."

If she had her powers, this girl would've been an unconscious lump on the ground. Yesterday.

Unfortunately, wishing didn't seem to be any more effective than praying. She let out a long, drawn out sigh, before she shook her head.

"...Ok, first of all, I don't think you want to compare friend counts with a goddess when your crush is on a sixty year old and your idea of 'good nervous' is scaring your kidnappee victim with doujin lines. I'm everyone's friend." She said with a sniff, before she gave a nervous frown. "And I told you, forever ago! I'm required to be vengeful! If Kanako and Suwako found out that I got kidnapped and didn't put up any fight, t-they might just straight up disown me! If you hit me, I have to hit back! a kami is no ones victim, only friend or enemy!"

The thief rolled her eyes as heavily as bowling balls and blared her voice to straight up just drown Sanae out before she was even finished. "Oh man, and she's off again, yakkin' on about the goddess crap... You're lucky you have such a hard time distinguishing fiction from reality, kid, 'cause it's just about the only thing you have left making you pathetic enough that I'd actually feel bad sockin' you in the mouth one more time."

The rebuttal was served with a hefty dose of faux pity, albeit not one large enough to override her general quirked brow apathy.

"Speakin' of, you do know that there are words to describe 'doujin lines' in real life, right, like 'foreplay' and 'flirting'? Not to mention it's hardly me who should be embarrassed for sayin' em much as it is you for the fact that for better or worse, they worked. You blush like a cherry, little girl. If you weren't so scared of me you'd want me like a dying guy in a desert wants water by now."

A flippant, dismissive scoff accompanied the line, along with Sanae being hustled away from the wall and lightly shoved off towards the direction of the futon. Kobushi smirked and turned her back on her with mocking disdain, moving over to the window to close the latch and lock it. "Weird how you can have such a dirty mind and also criticize a perfectly healthy thing like with me and the old man!~ Never met anyone who was a prude and a perv before; Whoever 'Kanako and Suwako' are must've really kept you on a short leash for that to happen, huh?"

The thief rolled her eyes as heavily as bowling balls and blared her voice to straight up just drown Sanae out before she was even finished. "Oh man, and she's off again, yakkin' on about the goddess crap... You're lucky you have such a hard time distinguishing fiction from reality, kid, 'cause it's just about the only thing you have left making you pathetic enough that I'd actually feel bad sockin' you in the mouth one more time."

The rebuttal was served with a hefty dose of faux pity, albeit not one large enough to override her general quirked brow apathy.

"Speakin' of, you do know that there are words to describe 'doujin lines' in real life, right, like 'foreplay' and 'flirting'? Not to mention it's hardly me who should be embarrassed for sayin' em much as it is you for the fact that for better or worse, they worked. You blush like a cherry, little girl. If you weren't so scared of me you'd want me like a dying guy in a desert wants water by now."

A flippant, dismissive scoff accompanied the line, along with Sanae being hustled away from the wall and lightly shoved off towards the direction of the futon. Kobushi smirked and turned her back on her with mocking disdain, moving over to the window to close the latch and lock it. "Weird how you can have such a dirty mind and also criticize a perfectly healthy thing like with me and the old man!~ Never met anyone who was a prude and a perv before; Whoever 'Kanako and Suwako' are must've really kept you on a short leash for that to happen, huh?"
She landed on the futon with a dull glower, her arms crossed as she watched Kuroi move. "They did not work! If they did, who knows what a criminal like you might've followed up with! I-I was embarrassed! It happens when a complete stranger just starts grabbing you out of nowhere! If that's your idea of flirting, then no wonder you're fishing for seniors." She finished with a sniff as she crossed one leg over the other with a flip of her hair.

"And Kanako and Suwako are the kami I worship. They have done nothing but encourage me my whole life, and I will not be a disappointment to them. So if you're going to be mean to me, then I have to be mean back!" she huffed out, her cheeks slightly puffed out as her glare continued. "If you haven't noticed, you're always the instigator. It is my role to be the retaliator in the karmic cycle, even if I'm your captive and you're a criminal" and scary and Sanae herself was basically powerless, which went unsaid

She landed on the futon with a dull glower, her arms crossed as she watched Kuroi move. "They did not work! If they did, who knows what a criminal like you might've followed up with! I-I was embarrassed! It happens when a complete stranger just starts grabbing you out of nowhere! If that's your idea of flirting, then no wonder you're fishing for seniors." She finished with a sniff as she crossed one leg over the other with a flip of her hair.

"And Kanako and Suwako are the kami I worship. They have done nothing but encourage me my whole life, and I will not be a disappointment to them. So if you're going to be mean to me, then I have to be mean back!" she huffed out, her cheeks slightly puffed out as her glare continued. "If you haven't noticed, you're always the instigator. It is my role to be the retaliator in the karmic cycle, even if I'm your captive and you're a criminal" and scary and Sanae herself was basically powerless, which went unsaid

Kuroi, who had sat herself down on the opposite side of the futon and slowly mimed falling asleep throughout the retort, equally mimed snapping awake with an uncouth snort as it reached its end. "Oops, sorry, I must've got the impression you were waxing on and on about somethin' I couldn't give a crap about for some reason. So wait, your excuse for acting bratty is that you have a 'role' in balancing karma? That doesn't even make sense! I've done good stuff and bad stuff for you, so I'd already be balancing my checkbooks myself. Hate to break the news, sweetie, but either you or your religion are dumb as hell."

She narrowed her eyes slyly, face masked in a calm, implacable smirk ever since this conversation turned to mocking the priestess.

"If this's supposed to be payback it's completely ineffectual, anyways. I mean come on, shrine girl, I KIDNAPPED you. All you're doing with your little temper tantrums is making my afternoons a bit less boring. Just to give a little constructive criticism-- If you were telling the truth and not a little loon, that is-- if I were your kami, I'd be all kinds of disappointed."

Without shifting her expression a centimeter save to crank up the mirth in her eyes, she leaned forward.

"And if you were telling the truth and I wasn't your gods, then both you... and them... would be complete... tools."

Kuroi, who had sat herself down on the opposite side of the futon and slowly mimed falling asleep throughout the retort, equally mimed snapping awake with an uncouth snort as it reached its end. "Oops, sorry, I must've got the impression you were waxing on and on about somethin' I couldn't give a crap about for some reason. So wait, your excuse for acting bratty is that you have a 'role' in balancing karma? That doesn't even make sense! I've done good stuff and bad stuff for you, so I'd already be balancing my checkbooks myself. Hate to break the news, sweetie, but either you or your religion are dumb as hell."

She narrowed her eyes slyly, face masked in a calm, implacable smirk ever since this conversation turned to mocking the priestess.

"If this's supposed to be payback it's completely ineffectual, anyways. I mean come on, shrine girl, I KIDNAPPED you. All you're doing with your little temper tantrums is making my afternoons a bit less boring. Just to give a little constructive criticism-- If you were telling the truth and not a little loon, that is-- if I were your kami, I'd be all kinds of disappointed."

Without shifting her expression a centimeter save to crank up the mirth in her eyes, she leaned forward.

"And if you were telling the truth and I wasn't your gods, then both you... and them... would be complete... tools."
Sanae's eyes narrowed despite the slight shake of her shoulders as Kuroi closed in, and for a brief moment they resembled the snake that was wrapped around one of her front locks of hair.

"No. Everything up till now is vengeance for you feeling me up, or hitting me, or insulting me, or otherwise being an entitled brat, domineering brat on a power trip. But you don't get to insult Kanako and Suwako. I'm saving your retribution for your greatest crime for when my powers return."
she stated, before she closed her eyes and intoned in an almost calm, serene voice.

"When that day comes, only then will you regret stealing me away. That I promise"

There was a strange weight to the words, and Kuroi felt a slighty pressure in the air before it seemed to vanish once more

Sanae's eyes narrowed despite the slight shake of her shoulders as Kuroi closed in, and for a brief moment they resembled the snake that was wrapped around one of her front locks of hair.

"No. Everything up till now is vengeance for you feeling me up, or hitting me, or insulting me, or otherwise being an entitled brat, domineering brat on a power trip. But you don't get to insult Kanako and Suwako. I'm saving your retribution for your greatest crime for when my powers return."
she stated, before she closed her eyes and intoned in an almost calm, serene voice.

"When that day comes, only then will you regret stealing me away. That I promise"

There was a strange weight to the words, and Kuroi felt a slighty pressure in the air before it seemed to vanish once more

Perhaps it was a sign of the times that whatever godly weight hung in the air, the impudent mortal in the room dealt with it as easily as breathing. Kuroi calmly unwrapped another lollipop without breaking eye contact, and flicked the wrapper at Sanae's forehead when she was done. "The word you're lookin' for is 'thief', kiddo. The normal rules of society can't exactly apply to a lowly criminal like me if I admit to breaking them, now can they? Call me a bad person if you want, but 'less you wanna give up being a good little girl the only person it fits calling a brat in the room is you. It's got perks, living on this side of the tracks."

With that complete renouncement of any and all responsibility she stood up, rolled what looked like every bone from shoulders to fingertips out above her head in a relaxed stretch and turned away, flicking a few fingers over her shoulder in what seemed more like dismissal than farewell as she sauntered calmly for the room door.

"Oh, and threaten me or try mess up any of my personal affairs again and I'll knock all your teeth out."

Perhaps it was a sign of the times that whatever godly weight hung in the air, the impudent mortal in the room dealt with it as easily as breathing. Kuroi calmly unwrapped another lollipop without breaking eye contact, and flicked the wrapper at Sanae's forehead when she was done. "The word you're lookin' for is 'thief', kiddo. The normal rules of society can't exactly apply to a lowly criminal like me if I admit to breaking them, now can they? Call me a bad person if you want, but 'less you wanna give up being a good little girl the only person it fits calling a brat in the room is you. It's got perks, living on this side of the tracks."

With that complete renouncement of any and all responsibility she stood up, rolled what looked like every bone from shoulders to fingertips out above her head in a relaxed stretch and turned away, flicking a few fingers over her shoulder in what seemed more like dismissal than farewell as she sauntered calmly for the room door.

"Oh, and threaten me or try mess up any of my personal affairs again and I'll knock all your teeth out."
"Gods don't care about societies rules either; only our own." She shot right back, letting the wrapper bounce off her head without reaction. "and kidnapping a god is definitely against at least one of them!" she muttered as the door shut

There was a beat of firm, angry silence, her eyes still closed, before she let out a shuddering sigh of relief and collapsed backwards onto the bed.

She was not good at this angry goddess thing T_T. But she hadn't got punched or felt up again, so... moving up in the world!

"Gods don't care about societies rules either; only our own." She shot right back, letting the wrapper bounce off her head without reaction. "and kidnapping a god is definitely against at least one of them!" she muttered as the door shut

There was a beat of firm, angry silence, her eyes still closed, before she let out a shuddering sigh of relief and collapsed backwards onto the bed.

She was not good at this angry goddess thing T_T. But she hadn't got punched or felt up again, so... moving up in the world!

"And shut the hell up 'bout being a god til you can prove it! Hack!" She snapped with baffled irritation, slamming the door shut just that extra bit harder. Jeez. What a big freak of nature. The pro thief again contemplated what kind of lunatic she was harboring in her household as she rubbed at the nape of her neck, stockings silent in carrying her down the hallway with the grace of a cat.

To go make a curry or something, since she had absolutely nothing special planned for today. Maybe put in a phone call, but it wasn't likely she could move on anything interesting at least until the sun went down, and she couldn't just leave the pest here unattended unless she rolled out the duct tape again.

Admittedly she was starting to warm to the idea.

"And shut the hell up 'bout being a god til you can prove it! Hack!" She snapped with baffled irritation, slamming the door shut just that extra bit harder. Jeez. What a big freak of nature. The pro thief again contemplated what kind of lunatic she was harboring in her household as she rubbed at the nape of her neck, stockings silent in carrying her down the hallway with the grace of a cat.

To go make a curry or something, since she had absolutely nothing special planned for today. Maybe put in a phone call, but it wasn't likely she could move on anything interesting at least until the sun went down, and she couldn't just leave the pest here unattended unless she rolled out the duct tape again.

Admittedly she was starting to warm to the idea.
"...How does she expect me to prove it locked in a room with no believers...?" She asked the ceiling, who did not respond. Which was fine; the silence let her mind slowly chew through that idea. Faith, at least for the gods of shinto, wasn't just some vague concept; it was a concrete resource. The more people believed in your power, the more you could do. Here, in this city and especially this apartment, there wasn't anyone who believed Sanae was a goddess, and there was certainly no one praying to her.

...But what if she changed that?

"...How does she expect me to prove it locked in a room with no believers...?" She asked the ceiling, who did not respond. Which was fine; the silence let her mind slowly chew through that idea. Faith, at least for the gods of shinto, wasn't just some vague concept; it was a concrete resource. The more people believed in your power, the more you could do. Here, in this city and especially this apartment, there wasn't anyone who believed Sanae was a goddess, and there was certainly no one praying to her.

...But what if she changed that?

I dunno man what if she did?

Kuroi was having faith in her lunch, which just over an hour was made and served up on a plate in her hands as she lounged on a couch in the living room and flicked idly through the TV stations. A news report about the dangerous thief-turned-murderer's recent butchery of a museum guard in the city had her roll her eyes, and rather than listen to one of the unavoidable media debates about esper accountability between some random soccer mom and a newscaster that came packaged with stories like that she flicked over to another channel to watch a daytime soap instead.

This was even worse.

I dunno man what if she did?

Kuroi was having faith in her lunch, which just over an hour was made and served up on a plate in her hands as she lounged on a couch in the living room and flicked idly through the TV stations. A news report about the dangerous thief-turned-murderer's recent butchery of a museum guard in the city had her roll her eyes, and rather than listen to one of the unavoidable media debates about esper accountability between some random soccer mom and a newscaster that came packaged with stories like that she flicked over to another channel to watch a daytime soap instead.

This was even worse.
There was a tap on her shoulder, Sanae astoundingly silent in her approach. She peered over the back of the couch, expression inscrutable with just her eyes in view.

"...Do you have a computer I could use?"

There was a tap on her shoulder, Sanae astoundingly silent in her approach. She peered over the back of the couch, expression inscrutable with just her eyes in view.

"...Do you have a computer I could use?"

"Get outta here! How'd you even escape?!"
She caterwauled in annoyance, belting Sanae full across the face with a couch cushion. "You're my prisoner, what good reason would I have to let you communicate with the outside world?"

"Get outta here! How'd you even escape?!" She caterwauled in annoyance, belting Sanae full across the face with a couch cushion. "You're my prisoner, what good reason would I have to let you communicate with the outside world?"
It was the most minor of miracles, as were wont to occur around Sanae; the door had been left unlocked.

That didn't save her from the couch cushion, and she she stumbled back from where she'd been crouched and landed on her backside. it seemed to be about the answer she expected though, and she sighed with a dim frown. "...Fine...not like there's anyone I could message though..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back