• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Weredragons-(revamped and open)

But Parthenope! He wailed over his mental connection. You can read my mind, you know what he did all those years ago, and what happened today, what was said. What would you have done?

...By the way,
he added, pulling the Catacombs door open and wincing at the scorch marks on the far wall, not to mention the singed stone and the irregularity of the masonry where he had thrown all of his Energy at it, now that you're in my mind, I think a little bit differently than I act, I'm sure you've noticed... Being King isn't all fun and games over here... how's it for Zain? Any better luck?

Skittering over to the ancient part of the Catacombs, he looked left and right down each aisle, advancing after a second or two. It makes sense the Sea Crystal shouldn't be too easy to find, yeah?

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
His eyes, blue and amethyst, blazed pure silver before impaling both guards and began covering the castle in Crystal. The crystal cut through his bindings and he escaped the castle, knowing the ruler of the plains kingdom would be absolutely pissed at him for killing some of his/her guards. Which meant he had to lay low, and doing so had to go to one of the other kingdoms. Forest was his best bet since the queen was an old friend of his.
Alice had left her mare outside and was succeeding at getting lost in the castle's hallways and staircases when she felt a kind of upheaval in the building. She held on to a wall, thinking she might have imagined it, when she heard a quiet crackling noise. She looked down and recoiled from the wall. There was crystal forming on the walls.

She looked around quickly, determined that the crystal was spreading across what looked like the whole castle, fast. She shook her head, turned around, and ran. She had to find a way out; she did not want to be in the middle of...whatever this was. She tripped over her dress once or twice, and ultimately lost her riding cloak. Eventually she found a turnoff onto a balcony, instinct took over, and she leaped over the railing. Her wings weren't strong enough to carry her any great distance, but they eased her landing. She raced back around the castle to her panicking horse and jumped into the saddle.

"Come on, Astra!" she yelled, turning the horse down the least populated path she could find. Someone was bound to have seen that, and the last thing she needed right now was that kind of attention.

The mage grimaced. "Shiyam, I swear, he's too quick to remember past misdeeds. Something important is happening - something that could endanger both his and Ethan's life - but he's set on remembering something that happened two or three years ago that he won't let me atone for, may never forgive me for. I don't know how to convince him that I've changed, and if I try to convince him he might label it manipulative and shut me out again. And if I don't try to convince him, I'm pretty sure he'll also take that pretty hard - and I will still be shut out. Any way I could go with him, it seems, ends in certain disaster... But I have to try. That's why I've come - I need your help. We have to unite as many people as we can to face this entity and he's one of them, yet he's so much closer to death than he realises, and I have to try and stop it because - because I love him."

Caspian had immediately teleported to the Forest Kingdom when Ryker had left the Catacombs, utterly in shock. The power of the other boy's concentrated, manifested Energy had left him with irritating tingles in his limbs, numbness in his fingers - but it could've hurt a lot worse, could've inflicted more pain than it did. Still, in such a state of enragement as they were, neither had meant to hurt the other - although Ryker would likely be inclined to believe otherwise. And he hadn't aimed to injure Caspian even after he had injured Ryker - for that, he was lucky.

Caspian had grown up here in the Forest Kingdom, since it most closely represented an ordinary town of ordinary people in a truly extraordinary world - which was why it was his instinctual portal location. Shiyam was an old friend of his - since childhood, really, although they had grown a bit apart in their teenage years when Caspian had emigrated to the Sea Kingdom. Or so he thought. Apparently, it wasn't so permanent after all.

He had appeared right in the middle of the entrance hall, much to his detriment as he had to use a Divine Word or two to conveniently make them forget. Then he had darted up the stairs to the Queen's quarters and knocked until she answered.

"Shiyam, I need your help," he begged. "I don't know what to do... with Ryker and with whatever else is threatening the Sea Kingdom. Please, help me."

@RoyalPhoenix32

[QUOTE="Gabriel Ivanov]
But Parthenope! He wailed over his mental connection. You can read my mind, you know what he did all those years ago, and what happened today, what was said. What would you have done?
...By the way,
he added, pulling the Catacombs door open and wincing at the scorch marks on the far wall, not to mention the singed stone and the irregularity of the masonry where he had thrown all of his Energy at it, now that you're in my mind, I think a little bit differently than I act, I'm sure you've noticed... Being King isn't all fun and games over here... how's it for Zain? Any better luck?

Skittering over to the ancient part of the Catacombs, he looked left and right down each aisle, advancing after a second or two. It makes sense the Sea Crystal shouldn't be too easy to find, yeah?

[/QUOTE]
Parthenope hummed as she got rid of the dark orb in Ethan's mind. She had been inside Zain's mind before and it wasn't any different than Ryker's, though she had only skimmed the top of his mind.

"I would've reacted as you did but I would've held him in place for awhile as I calmed down but give it time, perhaps you'll find out you miss him after all and ask him to forgive you. If he doesn't, he isn't worth the trouble of trying to repair a broken relationship with. For Zain...He doesn't mind either gender but he doesn't have it any easier than you. The council is pressuring him to try to find a queen. Luckily for him, he hasn't been in the mountain king for sometime. They began bugging him once he turned...Oh, 345 years of age. Some of the council men and women's children tried to take liberties with and quite honestly, the poor children couldn't have chosen a bad time to try to get into his pants. I still shudder at the site of what happened to them."

She said as she remember the site. She had summoned a hawk and was shocked to see the children skewed all over the room with crystal embedded into the various limbs.

DemonRider404 said:
Alice had left her mare outside and was succeeding at getting lost in the castle's hallways and staircases when she felt a kind of upheaval in the building. She held on to a wall, thinking she might have imagined it, when she heard a quiet crackling noise. She looked down and recoiled from the wall. There was crystal forming on the walls.
She looked around quickly, determined that the crystal was spreading across what looked like the whole castle, fast. She shook her head, turned around, and ran. She had to find a way out; she did not want to be in the middle of...whatever this was. She tripped over her dress once or twice, and ultimately lost her riding cloak. Eventually she found a turnoff onto a balcony, instinct took over, and she leaped over the railing. Her wings weren't strong enough to carry her any great distance, but they eased her landing. She raced back around the castle to her panicking horse and jumped into the saddle.

"Come on, Astra!" she yelled, turning the horse down the least populated path she could find. Someone was bound to have seen that, and the last thing she needed right now was that kind of attention.
Zain was gasping for air. He didn't know what was going on but he couldn't breath. He gripped the crystal around his neck, with his right hand, tightly. He was leaning against a rock on the plains and this 'asthma' attack was beginning to block his air ways. His vision was coming and going. The rock he was leaning against was turning to crystal as well and he collapsed as he breathed in a rush of air.

Dreams bombarded him as he entered his sleep. He couldn't tell if they were his or someone else's. All he knew was they were fairly pleasant and had him smiling in his sleep. All the while, his body was protected by the crystal on the rock and it had spread around him. 2-3 bandits laid skewered by the crystals, but they showed no sign of the crystal entering or leaving.

@RoyalPhoenix32[/URL]
Shiyam sighed as her long time friend, Caspian, told her of his plight. She wasn't much for advice for love or relationship breakups.

"I truly do not have much advice to give you on the relationship end, and you know it. Perhaps showing him you mean no harm to him would get him to lower his guard for you to talk but I am not him. This darkness you speak of, I've had a dream as well. A darkness that threatens to swallow everything we know and love."

She said as she stood on the Balcony of her room as Gaia purred loudly from her place on Shiyam's bed.

"I'll help you but he or you try anything that harms the other, you'll be dragged off to Mother Populin faster than you can blink."

She said, with her semi-indifferent face on. Mother Populin was on of Shiyam's tutors and quite a disciplinary at that. Even at her age, Shiyam still took care to not get in trouble with that woman.

Ryker paused, rolling his eyes. Hmm, that sounds familiar. Wonder if someone ever let it happen?! He seethed at himself, almost incinerating a poor lectern that happened to be in his way. But I'm no stranger to any of that. By Enos, a while back the Matriarchy was insistent upon me finding a Queen and I basically just told them that my preferences would rather not. He grinned at the memory. I am rather impulsive... But about Caspian? It was long coming. A few decades coming, actually. I've had a long time to think, but I've never acted. Just my luck I kick him to the curb when there's something probably trying to kill me that almost killed Ethan and it's trying to kill everyone else because hey, what's a Kingdom without its subjects, right?!

Shaking his head, he calmed himself, staring down at his hand as he manifested enough water to completely encircle it. ...How's Zain taking all of it? Is he alright?

As he did so, he very carefully shut off that one part of his mind, the one involving him and Zain. Ethan had taught him how to Veil his mind or certain parts - he hoped it worked.

[QUOTE="Gabriel Ivanov]Ryker paused, rolling his eyes. Hmm, that sounds familiar. Wonder if someone ever let it happen?! He seethed at himself, almost incinerating a poor lectern that happened to be in his way. But I'm no stranger to any of that. By Enos, a while back the Matriarchy was insistent upon me finding a Queen and I basically just told them that my preferences would rather not. He grinned at the memory. I am rather impulsive... But about Caspian? It was long coming. A few decades coming, actually. I've had a long time to think, but I've never acted. Just my luck I kick him to the curb when there's something probably trying to kill me that almost killed Ethan and it's trying to kill everyone else because hey, what's a Kingdom without its subjects, right?!

Shaking his head, he calmed himself, staring down at his hand as he manifested enough water to completely encircle it. ...How's Zain taking all of it? Is he alright?

As he did so, he very carefully shut off that one part of his mind, the one involving him and Zain. Ethan had taught him how to Veil his mind or certain parts - he hoped it worked.

[/QUOTE]
Parthenope exited Ethan's mind and sat down in a chair. She was still talking to Ryker and quite honestly, he was a teenager while Zain was a young adult. She wouldn't know how Zain would feel if Ryker wanted to become his boyfriend since many people only wanted to get the throne from him.

"I wouldn't know how Zain is taking it. I haven't heard from him in 150 years, Ryker. He just wondering the kingdoms, learning what he can from the local people. I would advise being careful with him, if you wish to further a relationship with Zain. Zain is quite cautious with people and the many attempts to get into his bed have driven him to be very.....skittish."

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
Shiyam sighed as her long time friend, Caspian, told her of his plight. She wasn't much for advice for love or relationship breakups.
"I truly do not have much advice to give you on the relationship end, and you know it. Perhaps showing him you mean no harm to him would get him to lower his guard for you to talk but I am not him. This darkness you speak of, I've had a dream as well. A darkness that threatens to swallow everything we know and love."

She said as she stood on the Balcony of her room as Gaia purred loudly from her place on Shiyam's bed.

"I'll help you but he or you try anything that harms the other, you'll be dragged off to Mother Populin faster than you can blink."

She said, with her semi-indifferent face on. Mother Populin was on of Shiyam's tutors and quite a disciplinary at that. Even at her age, Shiyam still took care to not get in trouble with that woman.
Caspian's face fell, although he played it off with a shrug. "Yeah, I know, but... You know, it's nice having someone to talk to, even though you're ever the mysterious one, like you were when we were kids." He tried, a small smile lighting up his face. "Remember the one time when you and I convinced that fruit vendor that we were deaf and we couldn't hear how much he told us we had to pay so we just walked off with nearly the entire cart? We couldn't stop laughing for hours after that..."

The mage nodded. "Yeah, sounds about right, like it's in every kid's book. This entity has done very well to hide his identity and whereabouts - I scryed for hours and didn't find anything... The only person who might have something is Ethan, but he's in a coma and he's Fused to Ryker and I'm also banished from the kingdom. So obstacles are everywhere."

He shuddered at the name. "Populin? Wasn't she the one that threatened to tear the skin off my backside for sneaking out of the castle?"

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
Parthenope exited Ethan's mind and sat down in a chair. She was still talking to Ryker and quite honestly, he was a teenager while Zain was a young adult. She wouldn't know how Zain would feel if Ryker wanted to become his boyfriend since many people only wanted to get the throne from him.
"I wouldn't know how Zain is taking it. I haven't heard from him in 150 years, Ryker. He just wondering the kingdoms, learning what he can from the local people. I would advise being careful with him, if you wish to further a relationship with Zain. Zain is quite cautious with people and the many attempts to get into his bed have driven him to be very.....skittish."
You know I can hear what you're thinking, right? He stared into the water, looking back at his reflection. ...I know, I know, you're right, Parthenope, but I've lots on my mind and it's done quite a number to my emotional well-being. Given time, I should be more... Collected.

He jerked back in surprise, sending the water in his palm rippling. Parthenope! I... Yes, I've made no secret of my attraction to males, but... How did you know that I have feelings for Zain? How long have you known? Did he tell you what happened?

As the water stilled, he looked into it again, looking past his reflection to the ceiling above. Stone, stone, more stone... The Catacombs, built for function and not much else.

Still...

He looked up to the ceiling, then down at his palm. Then back up at the ceiling.

Umm... So what should I do if I see an opening in the ceiling of the Catacombs that vaguely resembles... Yeah, possibly a Crystal shape!

[QUOTE="Gabriel Ivanov]
You know I can hear what you're thinking, right? He stared into the water, looking back at his reflection. ...I know, I know, you're right, Parthenope, but I've lots on my mind and it's done quite a number to my emotional well-being. Given time, I should be more... Collected.

He jerked back in surprise, sending the water in his palm rippling. Parthenope! I... Yes, I've made no secret of my attraction to males, but... How did you know that I have feelings for Zain? How long have you known? Did he tell you what happened?

As the water stilled, he looked into it again, looking past his reflection to the ceiling above. Stone, stone, more stone... The Catacombs, built for function and not much else.

Still...

He looked up to the ceiling, then down at his palm. Then back up at the ceiling.

Umm... So what should I do if I see an opening in the ceiling of the Catacombs that vaguely resembles... Yeah, possibly a Crystal shape!

[/QUOTE]
Parthenope smiled at the questions spewing out of Ryker's mind. Zain had told her in vague detail of what happened, but when asking further about it, he confessed to having a good time with the young sea prince. Nothing sexual happened between them but Zain was a bit uncomfortable with how young the prince was at the time.

"Yes I know. Just don't go too deep I got that memory. It wasn't Zain's brightest day either. That day, I became overly protective of him. You can't view that memory either, it's very dark with how much carnage was done that day. Hmmm....It wouldn't be so plain as day. It would something the Enos's loved to do. Which is sing."

[QUOTE="Gabriel Ivanov]Caspian's face fell, although he played it off with a shrug. "Yeah, I know, but... You know, it's nice having someone to talk to, even though you're ever the mysterious one, like you were when we were kids." He tried, a small smile lighting up his face. "Remember the one time when you and I convinced that fruit vendor that we were deaf and we couldn't hear how much he told us we had to pay so we just walked off with nearly the entire cart? We couldn't stop laughing for hours after that..."
The mage nodded. "Yeah, sounds about right, like it's in every kid's book. This entity has done very well to hide his identity and whereabouts - I scryed for hours and didn't find anything... The only person who might have something is Ethan, but he's in a coma and he's Fused to Ryker and I'm also banished from the kingdom. So obstacles are everywhere."

He shuddered at the name. "Populin? Wasn't she the one that threatened to tear the skin off my backside for sneaking out of the castle?"

[/QUOTE]
Shiyam gave a small smile. She did remember that time but she had to use magic to make herself be younger than she actually was. Before shaking her head at Caspian's idiocy at his actions. She knew about the darkness far more than the lords and ladies knew and she had a dream about this darkness while having a ghost of her oldest sister, Farore, visit her while her 5th oldest brother was going to be named king.

"She was. She didn't want you wandering around at night while you were in her care."

It seems people weren't to friendly to voices in their head...well that's fine. He'll visit some in their dreams.

@Mikailgirl

Parthenope decided to wonder a bit, listening the the different sounds that echoed off the walls and what not before coming to the kitchen. She heard the fridge open and someone eating stuff from it but she couldn't discern who it was.

"Whose there?"

Charlie yawned as she finished cleaning out the fridge. She hadn’t known she was that hungry but that really hit the spot. Rubbing her stomach, she crawls onto the table and lays down. A little nap would be just what she needed about a big lunch like that. She curls up.

“Mmm? Just me. Who is asking?” She lifts her head a little from the table.

Alice had been riding through the plains for some time, in the direction of the Forest Kingdom. Her wings exposed as they were, she hoped to get to the dense woods soon, where she could hide out in the trees for a while. Thinking about her wings, she stretched them out behind her. She had kept them pressed against her body and hidden under a cloak to avoid unwanted attention for a while now; it felt kind of nice being able to stretch them out and give them a little breathing room.

She sighed. Well, that lead had gone dead fairly quickly. Now that she was thinking about the event...she couldn't make sense of what had happened back there. It obviously had to be some kind of magic, but...powerful magic. And extremely emotional. She shook her head. Her mind was fuzzy from the energy she had spent today--physically and psychically. She needed to rest.

~~~

Summer pinched the bridge of her nose. Having failed to divine anything from the candle, again, she had scribbled a quick sign proclaiming she would "read fortunes" for money--a process that she, at this point, was almost entirely faking. Whatever kind of dark magic was floating through the air was pretty much blocking her view entirely. She had never been as good with her magic as she would have liked, but this...

She sighed, looking out at the castle. She wasn't sure what was going on with this--if it was just her own ineptitude and emotions getting in the way, or something bigger--but whatever it was, it was irritating.

(Blah. Filler post bc I feel like I haven't responded in a while)

Mikailgirl said:
Charlie yawned as she finished cleaning out the fridge. She hadn’t known she was that hungry but that really hit the spot. Rubbing her stomach, she crawls onto the table and lays down. A little nap would be just what she needed about a big lunch like that. She curls up.
“Mmm? Just me. Who is asking?” She lifts her head a little from the table.
"Charlie? Its me, Parthenope. Why were you eating from the fridge?"

Parthenope asks.

DemonRider404 said:
Alice had been riding through the plains for some time, in the direction of the Forest Kingdom. Her wings exposed as they were, she hoped to get to the dense woods soon, where she could hide out in the trees for a while. Thinking about her wings, she stretched them out behind her. She had kept them pressed against her body and hidden under a cloak to avoid unwanted attention for a while now; it felt kind of nice being able to stretch them out and give them a little breathing room.
She sighed. Well, that lead had gone dead fairly quickly. Now that she was thinking about the event...she couldn't make sense of what had happened back there. It obviously had to be some kind of magic, but...powerful magic. And extremely emotional. She shook her head. Her mind was fuzzy from the energy she had spent today--physically and psychically. She needed to rest.

~~~

Summer pinched the bridge of her nose. Having failed to divine anything from the candle, again, she had scribbled a quick sign proclaiming she would "read fortunes" for money--a process that she, at this point, was almost entirely faking. Whatever kind of dark magic was floating through the air was pretty much blocking her view entirely. She had never been as good with her magic as she would have liked, but this...

She sighed, looking out at the castle. She wasn't sure what was going on with this--if it was just her own ineptitude and emotions getting in the way, or something bigger--but whatever it was, it was irritating.

(Blah. Filler post bc I feel like I haven't responded in a while)
Zain woke up groggy after spending the night sleeping under the stars. Holding his head in his left hand, he tried to determine what caused his lack of breath. He looked around him and gave a sigh of frustration. Releasing his powers was fairly frustrating, even if he could try to cover a small portion of a puddle in crystal, but it was highly charged by his emotions. Anytime he had experienced high levels of a certain emotion, his powers exploded to life and literally covered the place in crystal. Shivering at an unwanted memory, he got up slowly before stretching his limbs to see if they were stiff. They were fairly stiff but nothing out of the ordinary for sleeping on the ground.

"I need to see someone who can help me with this.....Forest kingdom it is than."

He muttered before walking towards the forest kingdom, cloak forgotten.

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
"Charlie? Its me, Parthenope. Why were you eating from the fridge?"
Parthenope asks.
"Because I'm queen that's why." She rolls over and curls up tighter. "Now leave me, I need a nap."

Sing? The boy put his face in his palm, grimacing. Of course it would be singing... But why SINGING? They probably want us to embarrass ourselves to get the Crystal - ha! Father would've had a hoot about that.

Glancing up at the ceiling, he sighed. But it looked so simple..!

Blinking his eyes a few times, he filed aside his and Parthenope's conversation for now as he prowled through the Catacombs, still straining to see something, anything that would hint to the presence of the Crystal - but nothing was evident enough that caught his eye.

Sighing, he listlessly shrugged a shoulder, narrowing his eyes at a nearby bookshelf. Well. Guess I'll have to try it, at least.

Composing himself, the first thing that came to mind was a children's song from a long, long time ago, one that he was taught by his parents and knew by heart. So, he took in a breath, and started to sing it.

"The seaweed is always greener, in somebody else's lake! You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake! Just look at the world around you right here on the ocean floor!.."

As he sung, he began to feel a pressure in his chest, something pulling him to the very back of the Catacombs - so there he went, more out of curiosity than anything, striding along.

"...Such beautiful things surround you, what more are you looking for? Under the Sea!

Under the Sea! Darlin', it's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me!.."

As the pressure increased, he broke into a jog, passing by the shelves and shelves of books which he paid no mind to. Was Parthenope actually right?

"Up on the shore, they work all day! And out in the sun, they slave away! While we devoting, full time to floating, under the S-"

He skidded to a stop, staring at the wall in front of him as it lit up in a bright blue glow, shimmering with an intensity he would not have expected from a stone wall.

Parthenope! I think I found it! Although I had to sing for it - I haven't sung in years!

@RoyalPhoenix32

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikailgirl said:
"Because I'm queen that's why." She rolls over and curls up tighter. "Now leave me, I need a nap."
Parthenope frowned at the girl's attitude.

"You're no queen here. I'm inclined to say that you want to rule the Sea kingdom with Ryker while he prefers men over women."

She said in a semi icy tone, conveying her message.

"Children now a days, such disrespect for their elders."

She muttered, but not leaving the kitchen.

@RoyalPhoenix32[/URL]
"Yes, singing is what they did best. They didn't care if they embarrassed themselves or not, as long as people had a smile on their face. Good, but be careful. Singing can only get you so far. It will question you on your heritage and knowledge of certain things. What they are, I don't know. It is different with each crystal key holder."

She said as she still at in the kitchen, ignoring Charlie as she spoke with Ryker mentally.

"I just want to rule really. To be queen and crack down on those who are in the slave trade. A queen could have the power to stop those and get the message out. To tell the world about the trade and to help people escape from it." She sits up yawning. "Now I may not be an old lady yet but you have not earned my respect, so I see no reason to give it." She finally looks at the girl. "Now where is the exit? I tire of this watery prison."

Alice had found her way to the edge of the Forest Kingdom a little after nightfall, leaving her mare to sleep beneath a canopy of trees while she used her neglected wings to boost herself into one of the higher branches of a tree. She had found a thick enough branch to perch on, lay back against the trunk, and lost herself in thought. She had no clue what to do now. She thought about going to what seemed to be the most obvious place--the Mountain Kingdom--but then remembered the man in the Plains Kingdom saying the Prince hadn't been in his own kingdom for some time. She tried brainstorming ideas, but she was utterly exhausted, and before she realized it, she had fallen asleep in the middle of her thoughts.

@Inheritance

Now that he had the Crystal, he didn't really know what to do. There were so many things to deal with, all at once... Like that rush of power that coursed through his bloodstream when he retrieved the Crystal, an irritable but manageable buzz at the back of his mind at all times now. Or Ethan. Or Parthenope - she never told him about the man with the wacky hair...

He stood there in the Catacombs for a good few moments, staring at the ground as he contemplated his options, and then abruptly decided, setting off for the infirmary where Ethan was with Alessia. First priority - his long-time friend's well-being. He had a few moments of guilt as there were a couple, y'know. Kingdoms coming down. But first, he needed to be sure of this, just this, and then maybe he would have the resolve to go on.

Parthenope, he thought. The man with the dyed hair?

@RoyalPhoenix32 @DemonRider404 @Inheritance @Mikailgirl

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back