• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Weredragons-(revamped and open)

Charlie was about to answer her when the doors opened and very handsome boys stepped out. She was going to bow when the girl’s words hit her. T-The k-king preferred men! Oh no! She should have known, of course, that had always been an option but..but s-she didn’t think about it! Lost in her crazy thoughts, she didn’t notice as the people left her behind until it was too late and she’s rushing to catch up, tripping a little over her hair in the process.

She was about to finally introduce herself when a shot of ice forced her to freeze up. W-What in the world was that, it felt so evil..and gross.

When she hears the voice, she unfreezes and looks around confused and scared..who in the world was this and why did he sound so attractive…wait no..no evil Charlie he sounds evil. She shakes her head and finally speaks up. “Y-Yeah! What she said! Who in the world are you? And why do you sound evil and a little sleepy?” At the other boy’s agony, she stops and rushes over. “No nononono! Keep him awake! Keep him up!” She starts to hit the boy, shaking her too, to wake him.

In the sudden stillness, Ryker lifted Ethan up, whispering a few words of arcane power and brushing aside the boy's wavy hair, placing his hand on the boy's forehead. "Expel," he clearly stated, and the shield around them came back to life, brightening as the energies in the shield shifted.

Ethan let out another shout, his body tensing as the numbing effects of the induced euphoria left him - but Ryker pressed his lips to Ethan's forehead, his hands cupping either side of the boy's neck. "Sleep," he breathed, and Ethan instantly quieted, slumping against Ryker.

Shifting the boy's weight so that he was cradled in his arms, Ryker looked up at the Priestess and her companion. "We have to get inside," he urgently announced. "The Palace has... Enchantments to protect against this sort of thing. We'll be relatively safe in there." Looking down at Ethan, his gaze filled with worry, and he stood up, the boy still in his arms. "I have to get him to a healer!"

Darting to the door, the Priestess' hand in his, he swung it open, looking back at them. "Hurry!" He urged.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Hmm ok..sure let him sleep but don’t freak out if he wakes possessed or something. Not my problem..I’ll still help though but like I did warn you.” She steps away with a frown. She might not be queen yet but it still hurt to be ignored. She pouts and twists a strand of her hair….ah now what..ohh wait! She forgot to introduce herself.

“Well..hmm anyway I’m Charlie! Future queen of something and a very cool girl!” She bows to them all. “Sorry not introducing myself earlier, I kinda zoned there. Was not expecting the water king to like guys. Goes to show that all good looking men choose other good looking men.” She laughs.

Ryker ushered the Priestess inside the door, turning to gently lay Ethan on a nearby table before rushing back out the door, grabbing Charlie's hand. "Trust me, he won't wake up," he murmured, gazing into the girl's eyes with his own turquoise ones. "Divine words are the most powerful sort of sorcery I've seen - or practiced."

"Ryker. Ryker Voxa," he introduced himself, pulling her inside the Palace before turning to slam the doors shut, maneuvering Ethan back into his arms. "Solitary ruler of the Sea Kingdom."

"I really need to get him to a healer," the boy continued, turning back to the two. "Priestess, please take Charlie to your quarters and stay there. I'll try to reorganise things but I need time - just some time. I'll return when I can." He looked down at Heath again, murmuring "Shield" as Ryker caressed Ethan's forehead before looking back up at the two. "Stay safe."

He darted down a corridor.

(I won't be back until Tuesday, sorry! :( )

During any who slept, Malekai would visit them, nothing but a Shadowy form with a sweet voice. "Hello my friend. I have little time. I can visit you in your dreams if you do let me...For I have many tales to tell. "

Alice's dream fizzled and faded around her before she opened her eyes to harsh sunlight. She put a hand to her chest, dazed to say the least; she couldn't remember the last time she had dreamt at all, much less that vividly.

Still, despite its disturbing realism, she had already forgotten most of its content, in less than the time it would have taken her to describe it. By the time she was fully awake and aware, she could only remember that she had to do...something. She had to find someone. A man.

A man with silver hair. Eyes that couldn't see, and yet could. One silver blue, one a gem of purple...amethyst. She didn't know why, but she knew--or, perhaps the more accurate word would be "felt," a tense, twisting feeling behind her sternum--that it was important. And she also knew that she had no idea where to start.

She stood up from the tree she had slept against the previous night, ascertaining that her cloak was around her shoulders, and untied a russet-colored horse from the tree's trunk. Tucking a light-colored lyre--her only material possession--under her arm, she lifted herself into the animal's saddle, taking the reins and steering him toward the Plains Kingdom's capital city. She figured, in a city as large as that one, somebody had to know something about this mysterious man she was searching for.

Parthenope began thinking of something fast. A summons would be best. A healer summons but it would require materials from her bag in her room. A poke on her left leg had her looking down in surprise when her eyes opened to look back at her from a summons. A small summons that had grabbed her bag of herbs/other things. She smiled at her summons before placing the bag on surface somewhere in the room. Beginning her chant, she began to prepare a concoction of various herbs, some metal, and a small amount of poison. As she poured the contents into a small cup, her words biting and harsh.

"Let the evil from the ancient times be forced from this body and placed back into the darkness where it belongs."

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
Parthenope began thinking of something fast. A summons would be best. A healer summons but it would require materials from her bag in her room. A poke on her left leg had her looking down in surprise when her eyes opened to look back at her from a summons. A small summons that had grabbed her bag of herbs/other things. She smiled at her summons before placing the bag on surface somewhere in the room. Beginning her chant, she began to prepare a concoction of various herbs, some metal, and a small amount of poison. As she poured the contents into a small cup, her words biting and harsh.
"Let the evil from the ancient times be forced from this body and placed back into the darkness where it belongs."
Malekai wasn't strong enough to hold his grip in her. So, instead, he simply tried to speak to her. "When you sleep I will try to visit again. I only wish to speak. I am not strong enough to harm you now."

Summer was perched in a chair at a remote inn, a single white candle burning on the table in front of her. Her hair hung in damp tendrils around her, the moisture spotting her tunic. She hated the feeling of having wet hair--always had--but she had to bathe. The armor she had worn upon arrival was laid out on the bed; she had no intention of sleeping here, she just needed a quiet place to concentrate.

She gazed intently into the flame consuming the wick, searching desperately for answers. For the last year, every so often, she would consult the element on the whereabouts of her sister's killer, and for the last year, the vague Visions had led her nowhere. Still, she had nothing else to go off of. Today, though, said Visions were oddly...obscured, more so than usual. Irritatingly so.

She just started to see something in the orange light, a castle...and then a nauseating chill shot up her spine, and a painful ring in her ears knocked her concentration. When the ghastly feeling faded, she looked back at the candle to find the flame had gone out.

"Damn it!" she growled, pounding her fist on the table. She smelled smoke, lifted her hand, and saw that she had accidentally singed the table. She groaned. "Damn it..." She put her head in her hands and sighed. Divination was hard enough, but with this strange, inexplicable...darkness interfering as well? It was hopeless. Finally, she stood and put her armor back on. She decided to go to the Sea Kingdom. She didn't like the idea of being around that much water and mist, but it was one of the only places she hadn't looked for that bastard yet. It was only a hunch, and a completely unfounded one, but...it was all she had.

She grabbed her coin purse. It was lighter than she would have liked. Turns out you can't make much money selling vague fortunes, she thought. Still, she would have to tip the innkeeper for the table before she left.

Inheritance said:
Malekai wasn't strong enough to hold his grip in her. So, instead, he simply tried to speak to her. "When you sleep I will try to visit again. I only wish to speak. I am not strong enough to harm you now."
Parthenope's eyes narrowed at the voice's words. She highly doubted it. She was high priestess of the first. Her mind was protected by the highest order and her magic was often referred to as to on par with the first generation but even she knew her magic wasn't as powerful as the generation was. The royal families had magics that were on par with the first generation but they had to be directed.

"I highly doubt it. Now begone from this man's mind and anyone else's!"

She shouted as her eyes glowed with pure silver, tapping into her lord's strength. A roaring chime fell upon all their ears, deafening and loud. In the chime, words were heard.

"Be gone, Malekai! You have no strength over anyone here!"

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
Parthenope's eyes narrowed at the voice's words. She highly doubted it. She was high priestess of the first. Her mind was protected by the highest order and her magic was often referred to as to on par with the first generation but even she knew her magic wasn't as powerful as the generation was. The royal families had magics that were on par with the first generation but they had to be directed.
"I highly doubt it. Now begone from this man's mind and anyone else's!"

She shouted as her eyes glowed with pure silver, tapping into her lord's strength. A roaring chime fell upon all their ears, deafening and loud. In the chime, words were heard.

"Be gone, Malekai! You have no strength over anyone here!"
Malekai was furious. "I will kill everyone you love, and it will be YOUR FAULT" he hissed before vanishing from the man's mind. The man would have terrible nightmares the next night, but that's all.

@DemonRider404

Zain sighed as his blood red hair, mixed with silver and steel blue, almost refused to stay in the hood of the cloak. He wore the cloak as a way to not have both genders running up to him to either touch or ask about his hair. He didn't want to answer questions on his hair but he was on a 'diplomacy' check with the ruler of the plains kingdom. He muttered about manipulative aunts and match making. How he was still a single man with no potential bride, that remains to be answered by him and he would refuse to answer that question. At least he had a cloth over his eyes to keep their unusual coloration from being visible and he still able to auras.

Inheritance said:
Malekai was furious. "I will kill everyone you love, and it will be YOUR FAULT" he hissed before vanishing from the man's mind. The man would have terrible nightmares the next night, but that's all.
Parthenope's eyes stopped glowing and her hands went to her eyes, gasping in pain. Her eyes were bleeding as result of tapping into her lord's strength but it was enough to drive this evil from their minds....for now.

@RoyalPhoenix32 Alice had made her way toward the center of Indros, getting a few odd stares along the way but otherwise uneventfully. She had (grudgingly) asked a few vendors along the roads if they recognized her description of the man, and one had told her about the supposed prince of the Mountain Kingdom and how rumor had it he hadn't been seen in his own kingdom for a while. She was frustrated by a seemingly useless lead, but it was a lead nonetheless, and she had bought a small loaf of bread from the man, which she was eating now.

She pulled back the reins on her horse, who nickered in disapproval. "That-a girl..." Alice muttered as she patted the horse's neck comfortingly. She looked up with her own distaste at the castle directly ahead. She felt extremely anxious about trying for an audience with the kingdom's ruler, but if the man she was looking for was indeed royalty, perhaps he would know something.

It was an admittedly weak lead, but, again, a lead nonetheless. She popped the last bite of bread in her mouth and steered the mare in the direction of the castle gates, bracing herself for the trouble the guards would undoubtedly give her.

"Ryker, there's nothing you can do for him now," his sister implored, blue eyes staring back at him as if he were looking into a mirror. "He's in a coma. The best you can do now is carry on with normal life, let Ethan recover. He would've wanted that, Ryker."

"Alessia, there must be something I can do! By Enos, I don't even know if that... That thing is inside him -!"

"Ryker Voxa." Alessia crossed her arms, wispy hair of a shade matching Ryker's falling in front of her eyes as they defiantly glared back at him. "You entrusted him to my care, and for as long as he is under said care I will be the one to dictate his condition and whereabouts until I see fit to consider otherwise, am I clear?"

Ryker slowly shook his head, a wistful grin starting to appear on his face. "As clear as the waters of the Sea. ...Since when did you get so authoritative?"

Alessia shrugged, fighting to keep her own smile off her face - though Ryker could clearly see it. "What can I say? I have an older brother. And not only that, he's King. You've gotta have some backbone to deal with stuff like that."

Ryker chuckled, moving forward to embrace Alessia. "Well, no matter how loud and annoying you get you'll always be my little sister," he playfully murmured, laughing at her protesting squirms as she tried to throw him off.

"How does Caspian deal with you," she sheepishly mumbled, tossing her hair back in an indignant gesture. "You're so patronising -"

"Speaking of Caspian, I have to rush to find him." Ryker blinked, trying to work out where he had went. "Thank you so much, Alessia, I swear that I couldn't be more indebted to you as I am now -"

"Shut up, Ryker, you just sound like a child trying to flaunt his big-boy words," she teased. "And what about the Fusing?"

Ryker paused. "...Don't tell anyone about the Fusing. I'll be the one to do that."

DemonRider404 said:
@RoyalPhoenix32 Alice had made her way toward the center of Indros, getting a few odd stares along the way but otherwise uneventfully. She had (grudgingly) asked a few vendors along the roads if they recognized her description of the man, and one had told her about the supposed prince of the Mountain Kingdom and how rumor had it he hadn't been seen in his own kingdom for a while. She was frustrated by a seemingly useless lead, but it was a lead nonetheless, and she had bought a small loaf of bread from the man, which she was eating now.
She pulled back the reins on her horse, who nickered in disapproval. "That-a girl..." Alice muttered as she patted the horse's neck comfortingly. She looked up with her own distaste at the castle directly ahead. She felt extremely anxious about trying for an audience with the kingdom's ruler, but if the man she was looking for was indeed royalty, perhaps he would know something.

It was an admittedly weak lead, but, again, a lead nonetheless. She popped the last bite of bread in her mouth and steered the mare in the direction of the castle gates, bracing herself for the trouble the guards would undoubtedly give her.
Zain wanted to wrap the guard in crystal, up to his neck, and walk away while the man screamed obscenities at him but that would draw unwanted attention to his person. His growing ire was not being let in on 'official' business for the mountain kingdom. He didn't want to reveal who he was but this guard was becoming a nuisance. He gave an angry sigh before throwing back his cloak hood and watched as the guard began gaping like a fish while he rose the hood above his head once more before he was let in, only to be pushed back out.

"Ruler doesn't want you 'er. Go someplace else for now, beggar."

The resounding growl echoed through the castle and town below.

Zain was pissed off. He had traveled miles to get to the castle and to only get fucking kicked out while being called a beggar?! The gall of the guards.....He clamped his growling and left the castle with a snarl. His aunt could go talk to the ruler of the plains king for all he fucking liked. He didn't need the rough handling he got from the guards, trying to snake a hand down his pants to grab his junk didn't give him a good impression on these guards.

Huffing with anger and disgust, he straightened his outfit underneath the cloak. His pants were a bit skewed by the grabby hands.

Summer pulled her riding cloak around her. The misty breeze in the Sea Kingdom made the air a little cooler than she would have liked. It was bearable, but not comfortable by any means. She had wandered the outskirts of the capital for a while, scanning the crowds and vendors as discreetly as she could. So far, she had seen plenty of people with scars, but none with the telltale burn marks she was seeking.

Tired from all the travel, anxiety, and disappointment, (not to mention chafing from cheaply-made armor) she dismounted near the inner part of the city. She found an abandoned vendor's stand and stood her horse next to it. "Stay, Rex," she murmured; not that she had to anymore, he was a very well-trained stallion, but she supposed it was half fatigue and half force of habit. She took a small red candle out of one of her saddlebags and set it on the cobblestone ground behind the stand, where it was safe from the sea breeze. She sat cross-legged, snapped her fingers to light it, and stared at the wavering flame, concentrating harder than she thought she ever had.

Please, please give me something. Anything.

~~~

Alice was briefly shocked by what she had witnessed the guards doing, but that melted away quickly in lieu of outrage. Angered now at the humans' insolence, she headed up to him at a steady trot. The nervousness of being surrounded by humans mingled with her irritation at this particular human, and made her perhaps a tad bit too bold. She felt her wings tensing up under her cloak, and fought to keep them still.

"Hey!" she yelled out to the guard that was closing the gate. He looked up at her and stood, haughty as a human can be.

"And just what do you want, miss?"

She stopped her mare again and pulled her hood down casually. "I seek an audience with the Plains King," she said matter-of-factly, subconsciously lowering her voice a bit to seem imposing; unfortunately, the guard only laughed. The boisterous sound grated on her delicate ears.

"You an' the rest of the kingdom, Miss," he finally said. He waved his hand dismissively before going back to closing the gate. She glanced briefly at the other guard, still laughing, and then around behind her to make sure nobody was paying attention.

"I hate to have to do this, but you leave me no choice," she muttered. The guard heard her and turned to say something, undoubtedly something equally as sarcastic and disrespectful. She lifted the bandage around her head and caught his gaze just as he opened his mouth.

Being in control of a human's body had always been a strange experience. She could see from the guard's point of view, but with a serious tunnel vision. Everything in the peripheral was indistinct and warbling. She willed the hefty guard to open the gate back up and then walk over and stand to the side. Then she pulled the bandage back over her eye, breaking the bond. She looked at the other guard, who, again, was standing there staring in horror at her.

"You saw nothing," she growled as she guided her horse through the gates.

He could feel it - the pull of Ethan's consciousness like an itch, deep embedded inside Ryker's mind. Only now it was a dull sort of feeling, unlike the sharp precision it was in the boy's waking hours and much unlike the stabs of a whirlpool of emotions from Ethan's end, the strongest being pain; and combined with his own emotive response, it had nearly shattered his mental guard, not to mention the presence of whoever or whatever had infiltrated Ethan's mind so forcefully.

"Goddamnit, Ryker! You should have consulted with me first before involving yourself so heavily in Ethan's well-being!"

"Caspian, he's our friend, and he was dying. He would do the same for me, as I hope you would for him or I," the Sea King icily retorted.

"Of course I would, but... Ryker! You know the dangers of such prohibited incantations!"

Caspian paced about in front of the other boy, who was seated on a long-forgotten crate, eyes flashing equally as dangerously as his wintry words or his blizzard storm of a temper at the moment. "Why did you consider - how do you even know the spell exists?!"

"My father used it on my mother," Ryker quietly whispered, and Caspian paled. "On her deathbed. They both died because of it."

The boy quickly stood, turning away from Caspian and taking a few stiff steps in the other direction. "I heard every word, and I dreamed about it endlessly for two years. I committed it to memory after about a month or so - that's how I know."

"Ryker, I... I'm sorry, but... Don't you see why the magic is forbidden in the first place? I'm sure your parents would never have allowed you to -"

The Sea King fluidly spun, fanning out his hand; and Caspian, out of instinct, palmed the air in front of him, bringing a purple shield glowing to life around him, but let it fall away as he realised what Ryker had done.

A single drop of water hung in midair just in front of Caspian. It was seemingly as simple as its appearance, but it carried a slight blue glow - and just a tinge of bright white in its center, as if a drop of clear food colouring had been infused into it.

"That teardrop," Ryker slowly said, as if he were struggling to hold himself together, "means more than it ever will. It carries both of our pain - mine and his; mine from the reminder of a long-gone past and Ethan's from the promise of a long-gone future had I not done what I did. His pain is now mine - ours. His suffering, shared between us. His life... Mine."

"With Alessia tending to him, he would've survived just fine on his own -!"

"Fusing our life forces together was the only way, Caspian," Ryker implored. "Please, hear me! His life force was significantly reduced by the time I found Alessia -!"

"Which now endangers you more than ever!" Caspian roared. "With two lives on the line, both those of noble blood and of powerful dragons, you've made yourself more of a target and therefore more vulnerable to another sustained attack!"

"I can resist the attacks! Ethan couldn't! His mind is powerful, yes, among the most powerful I've ever seen, but sensitised to outward stimuli and modified to allow outward utilisation under the right conditions!"

"Which is exactly what you just inherited -!"

"No, Caspian! It's... It's my fault he's in a coma! I told him to keep his mind open to receive Parthenope's mental activity, and instead he took in..." Ryker hung his head. "Fusing doesn't combine the traits of anything before the life-endangering event, just the cause and its results - but Alessia and I beat the system, Caspian, I swear it! His current state nullified any effects that should've been passed to me, because a coma can't replicate without the exact circumstances!"

"So what about the cause? Did you think about that, Ryker?!"

"Of course I did! The cause is brain damage, 'innit?"

Caspian silenced.

"See?! I've thought this through, Caspian!" Ryker screeched.

"...No, you haven't, Ryker," the older male quietly said. "There's one thing you've left to consider."

"What then?!" The Sea King demanded. "Spit it out already!"

"Arcane Energy imprints on whatever it touches when it manifests itself on the physical plane," Caspian began. "Just like how Ethan was imprinted on by this unseen entity. And when infused with enough mana, it can leave a mark which can be linked back to its owner - similar to how we're imprinted with each other, although our case was... Physical... Not by Arcane Energy, or... Or mana -"

"You screwed me," Ryker growled, a hand instinctively raising to lightly touch his neck. "And you left quite a few marks, each one more private than the last."

"...Yes... B-bad analogy," Caspian stammered, a crimson colour beginning to stain his cheeks. "...Anyways, as with any spell, it can be reversed, although this is different. The link - officially named an Arcane Signature, or just Signature - itself cannot be removed, but its purpose can be reversed as well. So, instead of the Signature tracing back to its owner - well, the owner can just as easily trace the Signature."

The idea became all too clear, all too quickly.

"And, with you and Ethan effectively sharing the same consciousness, the Signature has now latched onto you."

"We can Veil it," Ryker whispered. "Conceal it from both ends."

"You can't hide magic from the spellcaster, Ryker," the male softly murmured. "If - no... When the entity realises the Signature's alternate uses, it will also discover that your mind is primed for entry. Once infiltrated - as Ethan's was, and yours in all technicality has been as well - it will be child's play to cripple, completely eradicate, or - Enos forbid - manipulate the host with minimal effort."

"Can we sever it?" Ryker closed his eyes at the notion, wildly casting about within his own mind. "Surely there must be a way -"

"There isn't. Trust me, I've tried to erase its effects time and time again, and failed all of them." Caspian paused. "About the physical markings we were talking about, I'm sorry -"

"I will not forgive you or forget about it," the Sea King hissed. "This goes deeper than mere imperfections of skin. Just because time has passed and I've regained my trust in you does not mean it is forgiven."

"Ryker, you have to understand. I was a... An irresponsible, reckless teenager who didn't think about what the consequences were -" Caspian protested.

"Right. Because getting me drunk just to get me in your pants didn't require conscious thought - it required extensive planning, even."

Caspian growled. "That was not the case. You were underage - which I didn't know until we met afterwards - in the bar of your own volition, and a similar situation shadows your acceptance of the drinks -"

"Oh, fuck off. Everyone knows who I am, whether I want it or not!"

"I was drunk! Nothing makes sense when you're under the influence -"

"Except for coercing a teenager to let you fuck him!" Ryker shouted.

Caspian gazed at him with narrowed eyes. "You've... 'courted' many other men, Ryker. For all I know, this is a facade to conceal the fact that you're a whore."

Ryker's eyes widened. "Did you just -?!"

He cut himself off, flicking his hand and sending an arc of lightning spiraling towards Caspian, who deflected it with a hand, sending it into the wall behind him before returning with a pillar of flame that streaked across the ground towards Ryker.

Stomping his foot, a wall of water suddenly rose up from the stone material of the Catacomb's floor, sending the fire sizzling into harmless wisps of steam before he gathered the liquid in his hand, shooting it in quick bursts at Caspian, who quickly threw up a shield to absorb his attacks.

"You fucking jerk!" Ryker screamed. "I was only 312 years old! But what, the fact that it's sixteen years old in your age makes it better?!" Another burst of water. "I hate you for it!"

With that, the shield dropped, and Caspian flashed out long whips of flame, lashing them out at Ryker. One of them cut him just above the cheekbone, and blood immediately began to well out from the injury.

Ryker gasped, his hand immediately going to lightly touch the wound, and Caspian blanched, the whips instantly dispersing.

"...Ryker -"

A huge ripple in the air emanated from Ryker's hands, and Caspian found himself pinned to the wall behind him, several feet above the ground.

"You said you would never hurt me, but look where we are," Ryker gasped, his cheek starting to throb. "You lied, you lied to me, and then you go and do this. Well, if we're going to do drastic things, then I guess it's my turn."

He leaned in, and the energy holding Caspian up briefly grew stronger. "You are hereby ordered to leave the Sea Kingdom and its surrounding lands until deemed necessary to rescind such actions. Decided by the King of the Sea Kingdom, son of deceased Lord and Lady Voxa."

He unexpectedly cut off the energy wave, and Caspian crashed to the ground, but Ryker didn't care. "Your punishment starts now."

Caspian slowly stood, staring at Ryker. "You've never used your authority like that before."

Ryker straightened. "And you've never called me a whore before."

A few moments of silence passed between them before Ryker turned, striding to the entrance of the Catacombs and pushing it open.

"And don't think I won't know if you don't go. We've imprinted on each other, right?"

He slammed the door behind him, and only took a few steps up the stairs before slumping down to the floor, burying his face in his hands.

@Gabriel Ivanov

Parthenope stumbled as her mind seemed to snap into Ethan's mind. This had never happened before but damage had been done and she needed to fix it. Sighing, she began to wonder through it, coxing the mind to relax while her mind sought the damage done. A black pulsing orb was in almost in the center but it seemed almost a gray color from being exposed to her lord's strength. She wouldn't dare call him for something she can do alone, or so she thought. As she had the mind relax, she felt the presence of another mind in Ethan's. The mind of the king? Giggling, she pressed her mind to the king's, sending a calming message.

"Don't need to worry about your beloved, king. His mind had drawn me inside to heal it, and I'll heal it but we'll talk about the mind fusion a bit later. Alright?"

She said motherly but also lightly scolding. She often had to scold Zain multiple times for being how he was.

Charlie sighs as she sits in the room she was lead too. Of course, she didn’t think they would include her in anything but damn was she bored. Not even that weirdly evil yet attractive voice spoke back to her. She wanted to pull out her scales almost. It was time to leave, while this was very interesting and the things going down seemed fun she needed to fly again. Being in this watery prison was going to drive her mad.

She kicks open the door and runs out. She needed to see the sky, to feel the warm breeze, to laugh and play with the birds as the rode on the north wind. She also needed to find a kingdom who was in need of a queen. She skids to a stop and looks around…door..dooor..where was the door to get outside! Ah..maybe she should have paid more attention to when they were taking her to this room. She slips down and lets out a growl. Damn it!

Finally, she gets back up and runs once more. “Where is the front door!? Seriously if I were queen then I would scale down the size of this place and put the damn door somewhere quick and convenient!” She reaches the kitchen. “Seriously…well a snack couldn’t hurt.” Walking in, she pops whatever is in the fridge out and into her mouth. Mmm, seaweed. “I wonder if a queen can import seaweed, I love this stuff way too much to stop eating it.”

He slowly nodded, silently wondering how Parthenope had suddenly become able to do what she said she couldn't just a while ago, but shook it off, rising to his feet. What the Tides was he doing - some King he was, sitting in a stairwell and weeping over something that should've happened a long time ago anyways.

Holding his head in his hands - that blasted headache had returned - he trodded up the stairs, contemplating his new mental link. Parthenope, he started. Do you happen to know anyone with, possibly, umm, blue highlights, red and silver hair? Stupid question, I know. But - I was hoping you could help me with this - I had a crazy dream that I met... Someone, I can't remember - and he told me to find this guy and the Sea Crystal and I'm still floundering on both.

Parthenope was in a mix. She could tell the king that the man was her nephew but she was also very hesitant to tell him. But first, she could tell him about the Sea crystal.

"The Sea Crystal is a sacred relic from when Weredragons first came around. The Enos family had it before they married into your family. The key crystal would've been handed down from ruler to ruler but I sense no key on you but is it within the castle perhaps?"

She said.

@Gabriel Ivanov

He blinked. The Palace is a massive affair though... Where would it be hidden?

Closing his eyes, he concentrated, mind flitting through a few rooms a second. Living quarters... Dock... Catacombs...

Slowly turning, he stared down the spiral staircase, hand immediately testing for changes in Arcane Energy but finding no significant differences. Catacombs... Rolling his eyes, he bounded down the staircase, three steps at a time. Of course. Of course. It WOULD be in the Catacombs, only the royal family knows about that... And also probably because Fate hates me and knows that I just pinned my boyfriend to a wall after he nearly burned my face off for trying to save someone's life AND for throwing lightning at him. Good times. I should put them in the History section somewhere, maybe in a little journal or whatever... Wait... Parthenope, you can still hear me.

DemonRider404 said:
Summer pulled her riding cloak around her. The misty breeze in the Sea Kingdom made the air a little cooler than she would have liked. It was bearable, but not comfortable by any means. She had wandered the outskirts of the capital for a while, scanning the crowds and vendors as discreetly as she could. So far, she had seen plenty of people with scars, but none with the telltale burn marks she was seeking.
Tired from all the travel, anxiety, and disappointment, (not to mention chafing from cheaply-made armor) she dismounted near the inner part of the city. She found an abandoned vendor's stand and stood her horse next to it. "Stay, Rex," she murmured; not that she had to anymore, he was a very well-trained stallion, but she supposed it was half fatigue and half force of habit. She took a small red candle out of one of her saddlebags and set it on the cobblestone ground behind the stand, where it was safe from the sea breeze. She sat cross-legged, snapped her fingers to light it, and stared at the wavering flame, concentrating harder than she thought she ever had.

Please, please give me something. Anything.

~~~

Alice was briefly shocked by what she had witnessed the guards doing, but that melted away quickly in lieu of outrage. Angered now at the humans' insolence, she headed up to him at a steady trot. The nervousness of being surrounded by humans mingled with her irritation at this particular human, and made her perhaps a tad bit too bold. She felt her wings tensing up under her cloak, and fought to keep them still.

"Hey!" she yelled out to the guard that was closing the gate. He looked up at her and stood, haughty as a human can be.

"And just what do you want, miss?"

She stopped her mare again and pulled her hood down casually. "I seek an audience with the Plains King," she said matter-of-factly, subconsciously lowering her voice a bit to seem imposing; unfortunately, the guard only laughed. The boisterous sound grated on her delicate ears.

"You an' the rest of the kingdom, Miss," he finally said. He waved his hand dismissively before going back to closing the gate. She glanced briefly at the other guard, still laughing, and then around behind her to make sure nobody was paying attention.

"I hate to have to do this, but you leave me no choice," she muttered. The guard heard her and turned to say something, undoubtedly something equally as sarcastic and disrespectful. She lifted the bandage around her head and caught his gaze just as he opened his mouth.

Being in control of a human's body had always been a strange experience. She could see from the guard's point of view, but with a serious tunnel vision. Everything in the peripheral was indistinct and warbling. She willed the hefty guard to open the gate back up and then walk over and stand to the side. Then she pulled the bandage back over her eye, breaking the bond. She looked at the other guard, who, again, was standing there staring in horror at her.

"You saw nothing," she growled as she guided her horse through the gates.
Zain saw what happened and took it, slipping in while the guards were busy with the girl. Now that he was in, he could talk to the ruler of the plains kingdom...if the darned scholar hadn't already been informed of his presence. Though he kept a clear distance away from the eye-patched girl, that eye reminded him of when his aunt summoned a medusa to scare off some horny men that tried to have 'fun' with him while he was out and about in the Market. Not only did that get the guards attention but his aunt's unwanted overly protectiveness with his person. At times she was like a mother; scolding lightly and smiling when he did something funny. But other times, she becomes vicious when something happens to him. Thankfully with age and experience, he learned to fend for himself and not get his aunt blasting people just because they wanted to have 'fun' with him.

Though he would never tell his aunt about his time with the Sea king....That was quite a day for him. Though, the young king needed to lighten up with certain subjects. He loved both genders equally but both genders have scared the living fuck out of him from when he entered his mid teens. Couple that with an overly protective aunt that hovered over him like a hawk and ability to summon things without much thought, his childhood was kind of fucked up. Hell, he's still a virgin.

Inside the castle was a whole different story. Guards, male and female, were a bit grabby. Trying to drag him someplace in the castle to 'have a good time', he was quite disgusted with how one female and male guard began dragging him away to, 'interrogate' him. Once down in the dungeon, they strapped him to a x-shapped thing and as soon as they began to strip of his belongings, they began to remove his crystal. His eyes, blue and amethyst, blazed pure silver before impaling both guards and began covering the castle in Crystal. The crystal cut through his bindings and he escaped the castle, knowing the ruler of the plains kingdom would be absolutely pissed at him for killing some of his/her guards. Which meant he had to lay low, and doing so had to go to one of the other kingdoms. Forest was his best bet since the queen was an old friend of his.

[QUOTE="Gabriel Ivanov]He blinked. The Palace is a massive affair though... Where would it be hidden?

Closing his eyes, he concentrated, mind flitting through a few rooms a second. Living quarters... Dock... Catacombs...

Slowly turning, he stared down the spiral staircase, hand immediately testing for changes in Arcane Energy but finding no significant differences. Catacombs... Rolling his eyes, he bounded down the staircase, three steps at a time. Of course. Of course. It WOULD be in the Catacombs, only the royal family knows about that... And also probably because Fate hates me and knows that I just pinned my boyfriend to a wall after he nearly burned my face off for trying to save someone's life AND for throwing lightning at him. Good times. I should put them in the History section somewhere, maybe in a little journal or whatever... Wait... Parthenope, you can still hear me.

[/QUOTE]
"I can. We will talk once I get done here. And your boyfriend will be there as well, not withstanding you banished him."

She said in a scolding tone.

"The Enos family had done more than be in a small journal, Ryker, but however you wish to tell about them."

(Unfinished post will be expanded upon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back