• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We'll Get Through This Together

goldcat16471 updated We'll Get Through This Together with a new update entry:

Fire!!

Hey guys!! So, there is going to be a big event coming up in the roleplay that I want you all to be prepared for! There's going to be a fire! The stove in the apartment is in worse condition than originally thought. It won't be any characters fault (unless you want it to be your character's, message me then) but the stove's bad wiring will cause it to start on fire. It's going to force our characters out of the apartment, and have to find a new place to stay. Fire fighters will be coming too,...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Tommy relaxed after Xavier confirmed Issac's statement. "Oh... Good." He smiled a little then looked at Issac after he snorted and opened his mouth to say something but stopped. Instead he turned and walked away, heading toward the main room, grinding his teeth a little.

Xavier felt relieved that everyone had calmed down. He didn't like being the center of attention at all, and absolutely hated it when he caused others to worry or be upset. It confused him a little when people did, but it also felt good just the tiniest bit that people were worrying about him. Noticing how Tommy left the room, Xavier frowned a little and stood up. "I'm gonna go for a bit," he said to Issac and Cassidy, figuring that he'd take a walk anyway. Walking out of the room, he found Tommy and stood quietly next to him for a second, his hands in his pockets. In an offhanded way, Xavier said, "You keep grinding your teeth and they'll break."

Tommy looked at Xavier for a moment and sighed. "I'm not a huge fan of Issac. "He spoke quietly and watched the doorway, "he is very hoity toity and I don't like him." He scratched his head for a moment, "I kind of walked out tensed up, huh?"

Xavier followed Tommy's gaze, watching the others for a second before shrugging. "I don't really know any of you guys past your names, so I can't vote one way or another. I can say this though. Cassidy likes you both, but in different ways. You can see it in her eyes," he said like it explained everything. Looking out a window, Xavier stretched before glancing back at Tommy with a sly grin. "No duh you walked out tense. If you've still got a fight in you, I know a few places where we can find one."

Cassidy eyed Tommy when he walked out curiously. She could tell he was bothered, and had a guess on what it might be. She bit her lip and hid her face in the book. Jealousy is one evil thing, and I hate being the main cause for it... I'm going to cause a lot of tension in this group aren't I...? It's going to be my fault... Ugh! What am I thinking!? It's not my fault for their actions and feelings... But I helped fuel it at least. I don't even know how to handle this... Maybe it's better to not even talk to them... But that's so mean! And I enjoy talking to them... Okay seriously, just shut up and read before your face betrays your thoughts. Cassie sighed and set the book down looking at the others in the room.

Issac looked up from his book, glancing over at Cassie's worried expression, seeing her watch Tommy walk out, apparently pissed off, "None of this is your fault you know," he said, putting his book down. "You shouldn't be so upset about it," he said, attempting to comfort her. Does she really believe she is at fault for how we feel about her?

Cassie looked at Issac surprised at how close he was to her actual thoughts, and she sighed "I can't help it, this is making me feel terrible..!" She stood up and walked over to a window, looking out. She started to feel frustrated and in a way, a little angry. She shook her head and rolled her eyes softly at herself then looked back at Issac and crossed her arms, "You guys shouldn't like me, I'm not date worthy. I'm really not." Cassie looked down.

He looked at her, walking over to the window and standing next to her. "You know, the fact that you care about how all the rest of us feel, is part of what makes you "Date worthy" he said, smiling.

She looked at him momentarily then at the ground. "Well thanks. But there's a point to where being concerned for others is a good thing, and when it's just gone overboard, and I'm pretty sure mine's the latter." She shook her head and closed her eyes, "I just don't want anyone fighting... Especially not over me..." She sighed weakly.

"Maybe that's not even the reason he's angry?" Issac suggested, looking out the window. "Maybe he's angry that he can't cook as well as Nico can?" Issac suggested, shrugging, a grin still on his face. Really Issac? It's obvious that's not the reason. But really, why is he so pissed off? Is it that he's jealous? No, that can't be it. Nothing to be jealous of, we're just friends. Maybe I should tell him that? Maybe it'd help. He thought to himself, coming to a conclusion.

Cassie looked at him incredulously, "Because he can't cook as well as Nico...?" She turned away again looking out window. "Yeah. I'm sure that's the reason." Although she was still upset, the thought had been a bit amusing and Cassie couldn't help but grin and glance slightly at Nico. "You do cook really well!" Cassie said through a smile, before she looked back at Issac and rolled her eyes, "You're weird, you know that?" She said jokingly.

Nicolette jumped out of her spaced out state when she heard Cassie. "Huh?! What happened?!" she said as she looked around with wide eyes. When she comprehended what Cassie said, she smiled. "Oh thank you," she said giggling a bit.

"I am quite sure of it too." Issac said, laughing slightly. He turned around, looking over at Nico, "Seriously! Your cooking is fantastic!" before looking back at Cassie. "Why thank you," he said, "And if I may, you are quite weird too." He responded, also jokingly. She's perfect, he thought to himself.

Cassie jumped startled from Nico and laughed when she looked at her and nodded, "You're welcome." She shook her head grinning, slowly starting to cheer up. Thinking for a moment, Cassie decided if she ever just wanted to escape for a bit, Nico was the person to talk to, just like yesterday on the balcony. That seemed like one of those nice, peaceful moments, and Cassie hoped there could be more to come. She looked back at Issac, coming out of her thoughts. She laughed, "Thanks!"

"You are quite welcome," he said, laughing as well. He remained silent for a bit, attempting to come up with something to say. "So, how far are you in the Hobbit?" he asked, looking over at her, curious. It's really cool that she likes it though. Not many do. It's too "Wierd" for most. He thought to himself.

Cassie smiled and looked back at the book, "I'm up to the troll part. They are really horrible. Poor Bilbo..." She laughed softly and thought about the book, then looked back at Issac.

"Ah, the trolls," Issac said, remembering the part she was talking about. "Yeah, they are." he said, grinning. "Just the perfect time for Gandalf to leave Bilbo and the dwarves, right?" He asked, chuckling, remembering Gandalf's absence from the trolls. He looked at her, still smiling.

Tommy looked at Xavier, "the last thing we need to do is get in a fight and get arrested." He grinned a little, "but thanks... I don't want to fight him, just... He knows he is smarter than me but I don't even think he means too act like that." Tommy sighed, "I need to relax." He rubbed the back of his neck

Xavier forced himself not to laugh but he still smiled just a tad bit. "Really now? You do know not all fights end up with people in jail? Those are usually the ones that either become too public or also land someone in a hospital," he said jokingly, though from experience he knew there were a couple more ways. He looked out the window for a few moments, just listening to the city sounds before saying, "He's probably not much smarter than you. But even if he is, it's just who he is. Like you're who you are, and I'm who I am. 'To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment,'" Xavier quoted. With a small smirk and a wink at Tommy, Xavier turned and started to leave the room, intent on going up to the roof or fixing some of the stupid steps.

Cassie laughed, "Yeah no kidding!" She grinned and shook her head. "It's all his fault." She joked. Suddenly Cassie smelt something a bit peculiar. It almost smelt like gas, but it was very faint. Cassie frowned and turned away from Issac and looked around the apartment nervously. She wrapped her arms around herself and told herself she was just panicking. Biting her lip she shook her head and forced herself to look back at Issac and smiled. Stop being paranoid. It's probably nothing... Cassie hoped her eyes weren't betraying her, and that her smile seemed genuine.

Issac laughed as well, "Gandalf possibly has the worst timing ever," he said, grinning. "Entirely his fault." Unlike Cassie, Issac did not smell the "gas" smell. Although he did see Cassie's sudden strange actions. "Cassie?" he asked, slightly concerned, "You feeling alright?" He saw right through her attempt to smile like nothing bad had happened, I do hope she's alright, he thought to himself.

Xavier paused on his walk to the roof, blinking in confusion. He sniffed the air and instantly coughed a little, turning around to try and find the source of the smell. Had someone left the eggs out on the counter? Walking into the kitchen Xavier noticed the smell was slightly stronger in there, but he didn't see any food that would cause it. What the Hell? He thought to himself, glancing in the trashcan to see if it was the source. It wasn't, and he just stood in the middle of the room, his face scrunched up in confusion at the smell.

Vinaya suddenly put down what was left of her breakfast, tilting her head back. Whatever vague smell she was picking up on was subduing her appetite. Normally she'd figure that it was just some strange, suspicious scent from the streets - which, in an area like this one, wasn't all that uncommon - but this time she wasn't so sure. It seemed a little closer than that. From her spot, she could see Cassie, Isaac, and Xavier pick up on it as well, and for once, she began to feel uneasy. "I assume you guys smell that too," she said, getting to her feet and abandoning her already cold breakfast. "It might be coming from the street. We could go outside and investigate." She looked over at Cassie, who looked increasingly anxious. Vinaya was hopeful that the suggestion might make her feel a little better, give her something to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back