Welcoming Committee (ft. Lucy and Memphis)

Corgi

I am a Corgi *3*
Scenario

Memphis runs into Lucy and shows her the ropes of ninja gangster-ing.

Time

Lunch

During school

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucy pushed through the walls, being swamped by a roar of people practically pushing her over. The small girl slunk to the side of the hall, trying to move across it like a secret agent would, back against the wall and sliding as she reached the cafeteria, stumbling through the doors as more people pushed past her. She had not been having a good day. She had made a kid cry as a cat, flunked one of her tests, didn't have anything to eat, and was being shoved around like a doll. Lucy was already done for the day and it was just a half-way point. She also had to go to the Blue Dragon's base and do some dragon-y stuff, which she was already nervous about, but after she's had a bad day, she was even more nervous that no one would like her and then she'd have to move back to her old town and have to get rid of her cat! Lucy made her way to a table and sat down, resting her forehead on the hard surface and closed her eyes, hoping it would put her in a better mood if she took a quick cat nap.

@SirBlazeALot

Unlike the new friend he was about to make, Memphis was feeling on top of the world. And you know why? No reason really! Have you ever heard that phrase "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta?" That's pretty much Memphis 24/7. But he wasn't selling drugs or robbing old people. He was defending the weak and the innocent! That's definitely something to be proud of! Blue Dragon is a name he can wear on his sleeve with pride and dignity.

He strolled into the lunchroom happily, bag lunch in one hand while the other high fived familiar faces. But there was an unfamiliar face that caught his attention. Now being as obsessed as he was with the gang, Memphis had taken it upon himself to introduce himself to all the first years and let them know that if they ever needed him for advice or just wanted to hang out, he was there bro. All in. That's how Tsu and Isaac were, and if he ever wanted to be Elder, or even a second, he had to embody their spirit right now. After all, these 1st years would be his future subordinates! He had to build rapport. And there was one he hadn't gotten to yet. And she was all alone! No Dragon should ever have to stand alone!

"There you are!" Memphis said happily as he stood in front of her at the opposite end of the table, effectively ruining her nap. "I've been looking all over for you!" He set down his lunch bag and held out his hand. "I'm Memphis Marsh. 2nd year Blue Dragon!"

Lucy was never one to think badly of people. She had always thought there were reasons to their ways, but at this moment, that mindset went out the window. What kind of person would talk to someone while they're trying to sleep?!  "There you are!" At first, she didn't think the voice was talking to her, maybe someone that was close to her or sitting at another table that was just being loud, but when she heard is say, "I've been looking all over for you!" and a thunk on the opposite end of her, she had a feeling the boy wasn't talking to someone near her.

Lucy groggily lifted up her head and let her tired eyes fix on the large male in front of her.  "I'm Memphis Marsh. 2nd year Blue Dragon!" She suddenly perked up a bit, hearing 'Blue Dragon' made her remember her mission to make friends. Her eyes trailed down to his hand that was held out, which she met with her own. "Lucy Lynn Vaness." She whispered, barely audible in the chatter of everyone around her. "1st year."

Now, she wasn't really sure what to do at this point. She wasn't going to jump out and say if Memphis would be her friend, that would be outrageous! But she also didn't want to not say anything, because that would be bad manners! So Lucy asked the first thing that came to mind, "Why so big?" She understood that Memphis was short for a male, but he was six inches taller than her, which made her curious if he could teach her to be taller.

@SirBlazeALot

"I know who you are!" Memphis answered, inviting himself to a seat across from her. It's a good thing he did, otherwise he barely would have heard her full name. "Big?" Memphis asked, taking out his lunch. One would notice that Memphis really only had fruits and vegetables in his lunch bag, along with a protein bar. 

Shrugging off the question, he asked, "What, my smile? I get that a lot!" He grinned widely, showing off his large smile before continuing. "I've been introducing myself to all of the first years! I just wanted to let you know that if you need someone to show you the ropes around here, I'm your guy!" Memphis pointed at himself with his thumb proudly. 

"I know who you are!" Lucy continued to stare at the man, confused. How did he know who she was? She didn't know him, nor has she ever seen him in her life. Her eyes went wide slightly as she spurted out, "...Stalker?" As he explained that he's been introducing himself to all of the first years, it calmed her down a bit. It made some sense. She didn't understand how he knew her, but it was obvious she was a first year.

As he mentioned showing her "the ropes", she became a bit more awake. "Dragon?" She asked, her ears shooting up at the idea of walking into the Blue Dragon's head quarters and actually knowing what she's doing. Of course, it wasn't a fact that Memphis was a part of the Blue Dragons, but it seems like quite a few people are aware about the gang at their school.

bfB2MPNYbiCTnktxuMEehQK_xHOuxGpNPGgHJEBpmi7BTEozPaf5eUjKOMnNEj1BULBc_fe_pbJbJ8mPNiKhdg9o8KtVTC1EksO1WO_5fPkXlkarOAjV8rJSbnV8A2suC-8xs7uG
[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Memphis frowned and raised an eyebrow. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Stalker.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He repeated in an unimpressed tone. Typical. Girls always think dudes are stalking them for no reason.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Ugh, please, it’s called xvideos lady, damn. Not that desperate.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Memphis took a bite out of his apple and kept his thoughts to himself. After all, patience was a quality that every Blue Elder should have right? No need to snap on a poor first year, especially since he didn’t know her life experience. Maybe she had some kind of stalker problem and that was why she joined the gang.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Another thing Memphis picked up on was Lucy’s inability to string together a complete sentence. Come to think of it… she seemed kind of high or something. Yes, her being high crossed his mind long before her being tired did. Parents gave their kids all kinds of weird pills nowadays right? [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Yes, Dragon.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He replied after swallowing his bite of apple.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] “Yo, our Elders, Tsu and Isaac, they really like [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]clear communication[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px], man,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] he said idly. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“When you report to them you can’t be doing this ‘no more than three words’ thing you got going on right now, alright?”[/SIZE]

Lucy didn't notice his unimpressed tone, thinking that he was just elaborating what she said for some reason.  “Yes, Dragon.” Her original take on the guy completely flipped as she was filled with happiness and excitement. Right as she opened her mouth to say something, he began talking again.  “Yo, our Elders, Tsu and Isaac, they really like clear communication, man,” When he brought up the clear communication, her stomach flipped and her excitement shrunk a bit.  “When you report to them you can’t be doing this ‘no more than three words’ thing you got going on right now, alright?” Lucy gave a surly nod and looked down, fiddling with her fingers.

Lucy didn't know what to say to the man, seeing that her speech was a sensitive topic for her. When she went to her old schools, she used to get teased because of her speech patterns, so when Memphis commented on them, it only brought back the memories. "Right..." She mumbled, giving him a side glance before continuing her sulking.

bfB2MPNYbiCTnktxuMEehQK_xHOuxGpNPGgHJEBpmi7BTEozPaf5eUjKOMnNEj1BULBc_fe_pbJbJ8mPNiKhdg9o8KtVTC1EksO1WO_5fPkXlkarOAjV8rJSbnV8A2suC-8xs7uG
[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“That’s definitely less than three words,” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Memphis replied almost immediately with a grin, thinking of his teasing as playful and light hearted. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I know what it is,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] he declared boldly. He started packing his lunch back up into the paper bag. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You’re shy.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He began matter-of-factly. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“That’s cool. I was the same way when I joined last year. I was afraid I’d make an idiot of myself the second I opened my mouth so I tried not to.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Memphis scratched the back of his head with a sort of doofy grin under a thin layer of reddening cheeks as he admitted, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“But keeping my mouth shut isn’t really a talent of mine.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He pointed to himself and continued, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“It’s okay though, because all the Dragons are really chill and understanding and awesome. Some of them might seem intimidating, like Isaac, because he’s a badass--I mean--he’s uh...you know...really cool and stuff. That reminds me, when you do get around to saying more than three words, try not to make any of ‘em curse words. Especially in Ascension. And Especially if you’re talking to Tsu or Isaac. I’m trying to come up with words or phrases to replace bad words with but nothing seems to stick.”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Catching himself rambling, Memphis stood up and poked Lucy on the head. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Anywaaaaays[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px], get up. I wanna show you some stuff.” [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back