• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome To The Family

That one dummy 999

I know you're dead inside but u make me feel alive

This is about a household where there is a total of 10 kids and 2 parents they all live together and none of them are Related whatsoever.

They all have special powers and abilities that they must learn to control.​

Jamie scrambled down the stairs of the big victorian home that was old around 60 or 70 years old. The floors creaked when ever you moved and paint was peeling from the plain walls revealing unfinished work. But no one could complain it was pretty to a point you could stand it.

Once she reached the bottom she goes into the kitchen and out on the back deck peering over the edge as a slight breeze rushes through the city with a slight force causing leaves to scatter and swirl up into the air then landing on the ground creating a huge pile all around the yard. She let out a sigh casting her blue glazed eyes out into the scenery luckily it was Saturday. She hated school doesn't everyone? She thought to her self . She lifted her self up onto the wooden railing dangling her feet off the edge starring at the ground way below her sitting on the edge .

@Blake<3You

@CristinaWrites

Last edited by a moderator:
Emme sat up after a good nights rest. She sat up and looked around. Realizing it was Saturday she got up and went to get dressed. She headed to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. She tried to mind control herself, see what would happen. It didn't work. She liked to see tricks she could do with her mind control powers.

She tried to levitate items, but that won't work until shes mastered that. She tried it again on her makeup kit and thought she almost had it. But she didn't. She tried getting items to have a mind of their own, another foolish thing she couldn't do. But what she could do, is stare at you in the eye, and get control of your minds. It just takes her about 5 seconds of staring time before shes under control of you. She sometimes uses it on her sisters as some kind of joke.

Sebastian Hollands

Sebastian woke with a slight groan. Turning to his side he looked out the window in his bedroom. It seemed like a nice day he supposed, but still, nice days can be enjoyed in the comforts of your bed, right? Another sound passed his lips and he got up the courage to slowly make his way out of bed. Scratching his head for a moment, Sabs walked out and into the hallway of the old victorian home. The hardwood was cold against his feet. Honestly, he still wanted to make his way back to his bed, but then again, he was pretty hungry.

Sabs finally made his way downstairs and into the kitchen. He wasn't the greatest cook in the world, but his pancakes were killer. With that, he made up his own concoction and made enough for the whole family. A smile crossed his face and he finally set the finished pancakes on the dining table for everyone to grab however many they would like. Naturally, Sebastian grabbed two plates. One for him and one for Jamie. It was the least he could do this morning.

Sebastian carefully walked out on the back deck--if Jamie's anywhere, she would probably be back there. Seeing her brought a soft smile to his face. "One pile of killer pancakes for you," he said as he placed the pancakes by the dark haired girl. "And one for me," he stated as he climbed the railing of the deck and stuffed a slice of pancake in his mouth. The breeze was nice. Especially when the morning wasn't exactly Sebastian's strong suit.

(I'll post Kian's starter shortly.)

Jamie lifted her gaze and shifted her body towards him and smiled then looked down at the pancakes. She chuckled "your killer pancakes aye?" She said raising an eyebrow and took a bite of one and chewed it slowly nodding. They were pretty damn good considering that he wasn't the greatest cool but his pancakes were boss. "Your pancakes are awesome" she said placing her hands inside her jacket causing the long sleeves just to dangle. "Where is everyone? They still asleep?" She asked then looked down at the grass then glanced up at Sebastian and laughed.

"Your hair though" she muttered rubbings her hands through his hair ruffling it up and chuckled. "Your so cute" she added then pulled her arms and hands back into her sweater.

She pulled one arm out and took another bite of the Jesus pancakes then just leaned back slightly. "Have you been doing anything with your powers lately?" Jamie asked curiously with a wide smile spread across her lips.

@Blake<3You

Emerson got done doing her little practice and got dressed. She walked down the stairs and smelt the pancakes. "Where is that coming from?" She thought to herself. She didn't think the others were up. She walked outside and saw one of her brothers and one of her sisters. She saw them and walked in on the conversation. "Hey!" She said. "Whats up?"

Sebastian Hollands

Sebastian was pleasantly enjoying his pancakes when he heard Jamie ask about the others. Honestly, the rest of the household was lazy, but he wouldn't deny that he was placed under that category as well. At least he made an effort. "I'm sure they'll be rolling out of bed shortly. Maybe later." he said with a small chuckle. The latest would be 1:30 in the afternoon.

After a short while Sabs felt Jamie's hands through his hair. He couldn't help but smile, and boy was that a big smile.
"You're so cute." was added by Jamie. "I've been learning from the best." He replied, clearly intending that she was an expert at being cute. Which in his mind played true. She had those adorable blue eyes, and her smile could light up the whole world if it ever went dark. But I mean, that wasn't cheesy at all, right? Sabs just simple put his arm around her and sat content.

Sebastian was watching the neighbors in their backyard for a while until Jamie broke the silence.
"Have you been doing anything with your powers lately?" He had to think for a moment. For a week or so we woke up with his room flooded, but it got better by that following saturday. Then, all of a sudden, Sebastian jerked up a bit and thought of something. It was a simple trick, but nonetheless awesome--well to him at least. "Check this out," he said with a smirk. He focused on a small creek down below and flicked his hand up. The water within the creek formed into various bubbles. Some small, some large, and some with tadpoles and fishes swimming peacefully within the water bubble. He solely concentrated on his power to ensure they didn't pop. Sebastian motioned the water bubbles to come closer towards them. Finally he heard Emmerson walk onto the deck to join into the fun. "Hey Em," Sabs said. With enough focus, he made the bubbles circle around the trio, almost dancing in the air.

Kian Sanders

Kian woke up as a dog, out of all things. Considering his age he had less of a grip on using his powers than everyone else, which honestly made it more work for him. Try as he might, he was unable to return to his human form, but that didn't stop him from making something good out of his little dilemma. He rose, four paws and all, and hopped off the bed. With a little shake, Kian made his way towards the door. Here comes the fun part, he thought. Obviously his powers wanted to give him a bit of a challenge this morning. In all fairness, he'd have quite the workout by the end of the day, but still, if it could cut him some slack just a bit he'd appreciate it.

A couple minutes passed and Kian was unfortunately still in his room, and still a golden retriever. He was lying on the floor with his head between his large paws. On a brighter note it was Saturday, so he didn't have to worry about making up some crazy excuse as to why he tardy. Another couple of minutes passed, and finally Kian was able to reach his human form. "Thank God," he said to himself with every bit of relief. He shook the chills off that were still left over from his doggy dilemma and made his way out into the hall. There was still some leftover senses after his transformation, so ultimately he smelled the delightful pancakes that were laid out on the table in the kitchen below. Rubbing his hands together and giving a slight laugh to himself, the hungry teen found his way to the food.

One. Two. Three? No. Well, maybe three. Oh gosh, why not. Make it four. He stacked the pancakes onto his plate and soaked them in syrup. I mean, a boy's gotta eat, right? After he was done creating heart burn on a plate he sat himself down on the couch, propped his bare feet up on the coffee table, turned the TV on, and made himself comfortable all the while stuffing his face with some of Sebastian's pancakes. He could here the conversation outside, but considering there was food in front of him Kian decided to stay out of it. He could smell a hint of lavender--obviously Jamie. Then a spark of some sunflowers or maybe daisies--probably Emmerson. And finally, Kian could smell the strong scent of morning dew--which was clearly Sebastian.

Jamie stared at the bubbles as they neared them a smile crept across her face then laughed slightly looking at him slightly "I'm not that cute pffft" she gestured flipping her arms around then laughed. "Well..." she trailed off thinking of what she could do to show him her power what she's been practicing on lately then thought for moment then got an idea. She spoke up turning her gaze back to Sebastian "Well, tell me something you like...like a place?" she asked lifting one brow running a hand through her dark hair.

Jamie realized that Emmerson had stepped outside she looked behind her slightly and smiled "hello woman!" she said waving to Em "whats up with you?" she asked then turned back to Seb and kissed his cheek softly. Then looked down below, the mind can control most of the situation sometimes when you have a certain power it can lead to bad things that can make you live in fear. She shook her head from the thought and now was confused from the situation staring up at the blaring sun shining overhead and the slight breeze rustling through the bushes. The smell of flowers lingered in the air taking a deep breath. "The breeze is nice" Jamie added to the conversation leaning back slightly with Sebastian's arm still wrapped around her.

Jamie rocked them back and forth laughing slightly at what she was doing, she usually did this in a lot of situations just to make the conversation interesting or just make the other person laugh. She always liked to make people smile even if it wasn't her that was having the greatest day.

@Blake<3You @CristinaWrites

Emerson sat down. "These extra features of my power aren't easy for me." She put her hand through her hair. "I've been having the hardest time levitating something. But then again, it does take a lot of concentration." She put her hands on the table and looked at the bubbles trying to move it. It only moved slightly. "That is about all I could do with the levitating feature." She chuckled.

"There is a lot more I've been working on though. But I'm still wondering if I could make an object have a mind of its own." She sighed. "That didn't work. I'm sure there is way more I could do that would be useful. "Anyways What have you guys been practicing?" She asked. "Other than the bubbles." She sat back.

Sebastian Hollands

Sebastian smiled once again. If Jamie smiled, he smiled. Plain and simple. "Well, tell me something you like...like a place?" It was quite the question. The only thing Sebastian could think of was Ireland. Gosh that place was beautiful. All the history just intrigued Sabs. "To be honest, Ireland." Sebastian shook his head for a moment, "I know it sounds stupid, but that place has so much going for it, you know?" he said. His focus left the bubbles, and it didn't take long for him to realize it. They all came crashing down. The worst part, it was significantly on him. He was drenched head to toe in creek water. "Oops," he said, almost in a whisper, but loud enough for the girls to hear. Luckily, neither of them were wet, so it wasn't all bad. Sebastian pulled his arm away from Jamie and shook it off a bit. It wasn't dry, but it wasn't soaked either. He turned to the girls and contently listened to Emmerson talk about her powers. Honestly, he really hasn't practiced much. The only reason why Sabs knew of the bubble trick was because he was reading up on water manipulation--a book that his father gave him to study for some reference. Other than that he just went with whatever his powers decided. "I haven't been doing much, really. Most of it just happens, and I don't do anything but let it take its course. It's worked for a while now until that flooding accident in the basement." he trailed off, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment. "I'm sure you'll get the gist of it though, Em." he said while looking at the creek water slowly returning to it's natural habitat.

Kian Sanders

Everything was going all fine and dandy until the pancake plate smashed onto the floor. Pancakes and syrup were everywhere, and the only culprit to blame was a full grown tiger. Oh sh*t, Kian thought in his head as he looked around the room. Actually, cat eyes were wicked cool. He could see so vividly it almost beat being a dog for 45 minutes. Kian was actually pretty happy with his little interruption. But the pancakes! he thought as he stared down at the dirty pancake ridden floor. Licking his furry lips and whiskers, Kian made a couple circles on the couch and made himself comfortable once more. Who knew cars liked TV.

@ScarsOfWonderland

@CristinaWrites

Jamie laughed and nodded at his response then ran a hand through her hair "Ireland?" she laughed then concentrated deeply trying to imagine a place so beautiful. Trees surrounding everything, green, flowers blooming and the scent of lavender swirling around. A pretty place with big brick buildings and a wonderful landscape bridges crossing over the creeks that surround the land. She made Sebastian see what she saw and made him feel at ease with what he was seeing. "You like it?" she asked raising an eyebrow gazing at the world around her "it works pretty well when your pissed at someone" she added but then awkwardly sat there thinking she shouldn't have said that. Then began humming a little tune "I wish it was real...you know?" Jamie added with a excited tone of voice.

She took in a deep breath escaping into the world around her "I wish we could live here, live for realz" she said kissing his cheek once more before stopping the vision and the feeling. Then turned to face Emmerson "what about you?" she asked raising a brow.

Eloise jolted awake suddenly from a nightmare and found herself unable to fall asleep again, due to the fact that she was shaking. Unwillingly, she forced herself up and looked around. No monsters. Good.

She could hear voices downstairs, which meant the rest of her family were also up. She ran a hand through her hair, probably making look even worse than it did already. Then, she slowly rose from her bed and began to get dressed.

She did try to tackle her hair with a comb but it was a hopeless task, so she gave up. She touched the red streak in her hair, which nobody would believe was natural. It was. Then, she went downstairs reluctantly. She couldn't stay in her small bedroom forever, regrettably.

She made her way to the living room, where she planned to waste her morning on the couch watching TV. Unfortunately, there was a tiger blocking her way. She rolled her eyes.

"Honestly, Kian!" Eloise snapped, hating herself for even knowing his name, "Get control of yourself, you pathetic excuse for a shapeshifter!"

She wasn't mad, not really. If she was, something would've caught fire. She was mildly irritated. She shook her head and crossed her arms.

"And get off the couch, you good-for-nothing!" Eloise growled.

Kian Sanders

Kian was watching some Tom & Jerry--how ironic--when he heard a girls voice from the side. "Honestly, Kian!" Kian turned with his ears perked. "Get control of yourself, you pathetic excuse for a shapeshifter!" Honestly, this was her usual behavior. In response, Kian licked his furry lips and then stood up on all four. It isn't like it's my fault, he thought. The tiger gave a long stretch and hopped off in front of Eloise. He hadn't quite mastered the talking while in another form just yet, but if he could, he'd have a mouthful of smart-ass remarks like he usually would. At this point Kian couldn't do much except sit there, staring at the fiery female of a sister.

After a couple short minutes, he moved, but in mid walk his powers decided to bring him back to his original form; just good ol' Kian. Of course, he didn't exactly realize that he turned until he looked down and noticed he had hands instead of paws. He'd been walking on his hands and knees the whole time. Kian rose up off the ground and wiped himself off. Boy did he look stupid. "Look, you try being a shapeshifter for a day," he said, "I can't go three minutes without turning into a fish half the time. And even then, I have to call for Sebastian to put some water bubble around me for the half hour I'm a scaly goldfish." Kian gave a short little laugh. Although his powers had a tendency to fluctuate, it was hilarious to do a little recap. "At least I didn't almost burn down the house," he mentioned, trailing off as he realized he probably shouldn't have mentioned one of the not so bright moments of his fire wielding sister. If it all goes bad he could always call Sabs to put out the fire, right?

Sebastian Hollands

Sebastian could see everything Jamie led him to. It felt so real that he could almost touch the environment around him. It was amazing, really. "You like it?" the question could be answered just by looking at his expression. "I love it." he said as he sat there in awe. "It works pretty well when you're pissed at someone." Sabs gave a quick laugh at her remark. Seeing this made Sebastian's power seem like nothing. "I wish it was real, you know?" Sebastian nodded. He gave a half smile and looked at the ground. So did he.

The image left and Sebastian had to adjust a bit to the back deck again. He felt Jamie kiss his cheek and he couldn't ignore the fact that he was probably blushing. "Wow," he said to himself and listened to the other girls have their conversation.

Jamie laughed blushing as we'll then ran a hand through her dark wavy hair peering at Emmerson with her blue eyes then looked at Sebastian "look who's blushing" she smiled then poked his cheek pressing it in then smiled innocently.

"I'm glad you liked it" she said the kissed him on the lips then turned her head towards Em "what about you?". She never really learned what Emmerson power was besides she likes to prank people but besides that she didn't really know.

"What is yours like at least? Then show me" she said looking down at her chuck Taylor's as her hair draped in front of her face.

She sniggered as he turned back midway across the floor, crawling on his hands and knees for a moment before he realised that he'd turned back. She put a hand to her mouth to muffle her laughter.

"How do you just accidentally turn into a goldfish?" Eloise snorted with laughter, "That's just dumb. Obviously, you're just too stupid to control your abilities." She stalked past him and collapsed on the couch, lying across it. She blew her hair out of her eyes.

Eloise sniffed in disgust as one of her... Less brilliant moments was brought up. She flushed bright red and her face turned so hot that you could probably fry an egg on it. She crossed her arms and worked hard on not setting stuff on fire. It was harder than you'd think.

"You want me to barbecue you, Kian?" she demanded, tossing her hair out of her eyes, "Because I really will!"

Kian Sanders

Kian's eyes blew wide open. "What? I didn't say anything. Nope not a word. It wasn't like I can remember that time you sneezed and burned up the dining room tabl--" he turned around and scratched his head. Honestly, words were not his strong suit, and as you can see, it was pretty obvious. "Hey, you know, let's not get too fired up here," No, seriously, words literally couldn't be worse for this guy. He tried thinking of a good excuse to leave, but with the rest of his siblings outside and some still sleeping there wasn't really much to go off. "I really think we should just have a small, civilized conversation. Am I right, yeah, you know I'm right," Kian said, half hoping it would fix the problem, and half knowing that it only made it worse. "Should I run now, or...?" he said blankly. When it came to an argument with Eloise, he always ended up running.

"I suggest you stop talking now." she said, trying hard to keep calm, "Or I will eviscerate you!" That was when he made the mistake of asking if he should run. She scowled.

"Yes, you should run, you moron! Before I kill you!" Eloise snarled and a couch cushion caught fire. She yelped and fell off the couch, landing on the floor. So much for keeping her temper under control.

"You made me do that!" she snapped, "I hate you!" With that, she threw the flaming cushion at his head and assumed that he'd duck. If he didn't... Well, this situation was all his fault anyway. He shouldn't be such an idiot.

(

@EmilyPower I think Elizabeth could just wake up and come downstairs. Then you have the decision of watching the argument between Kian and Eloise or she can just go outside with Sebastian, Jamie, and Emmerson.)

Kian Sanders

The situation wasn't exactly planned. He really didn't mean for all this to happen. Again, words were just not his thing, and this would be the perfect example of it. Kian was trying to figure out a game plan until the words kill and run were brought into the conversation. Yep, just a regular day for the average shapeshifter. From the corner of his eye he could see a flaming pillow coming for his direction, specifically his head. Things were not looking up. He immediately ducked, but not without a small yelp to go with it. "Look, I'm sorry, Eloise! Just please, don't go all World War II on me," he said. He really hates being serious. Leaves a weird feeling in his stomach. If it all went bad he had to think of a backup plan, but it would involve his powers. Now, normally, when Kian thought of a shapeshifter it meant turning into animals, but on a rare occasion he would assume that his power applied to humans as well. It was a long shot, but it gave for good practice. He tried focusing on Sebastian--out of all people--and for a moment it worked. His hair turned a light shade of brown much like his brothers. In all honesty, he was only turning into Sabs because of his water abilities, and even then that might pose a problem. Kian had no idea whether or not turning into Sabs would mean his powers come with it, but hopefully everything would work out. I mean, Eloise wouldn't really kill him right?

Another attempt at transforming into his brother, but this time it worked only half way. It wasn't the best experience. In fact, it was quite painful. Kian was straining to transform. This type of transformation was too advanced for him, but it really didn't matter. He wanted to look cool in front of his sister, or at least prove he wasn't such a dimwit. Finally, he tried for the last time, because any more than that and Kian swore he'd collapse. The final try was productive, but only for a short amount of time. He looked exactly like Sebastian, except for the minor inaccuracies. Which included: his eyes, his hair, and his build. I guess you can't have everything. It was a long shot, but Kian tried to put out the pillow with what little water manipulation he was given. He was straining more than he needed to. Luckily, he put out the pillow with a gust of water, but immediately after he changed back and sat down. "Well that was interesting," Kian said looking at the torched pillow.

Jakob sat outside in the driveway next to his red and black motorcycle, dipping the thin brush into the white oil based paint before trailing it in cursive letters along the left side of the fuel tank. "Creature", that's what he had decided to name the bike with a loving fondness, touching up the letters every moment. He perked up and looked up, sighing before he sat the brush down and padded up into the home. "Why do I smell burnt shit?!?!" He yells, spying into the living room, narrowing his multi-colored eyes

Eloise was about to comment on Kian's turning into Sebastian. Secretly, she thought the idea was genius. But she'd never, ever admit to thinking that. She was going to make a snappy remark about how Kian couldn't even get Sebastian's appearance properly, followed up by another comment about how awful Kian was at shapeshifting and end it with a snide threat about how she'd turn into the human torch and destroy him, if Kian irritated her ever again.

Unfortunately, her chance to make all of these remarks was ruined when Jakob turned up. She rolled her eyes, in annoyance. Boys were such morons and she hated them. Though, she hated girls too. In fact, Eloise hated everyone. Including herself.

"Because Kian and I torched a couch cushion." she said, coldly, careful not to take the whole blame for this, "In fact, we were just planning to dance around it to summon the fiery demons of hell so that we could feed your soul to them. Do you have a problem with that? Jakob?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Oh." she added, as she thought of something else, "By the way, we were going to sacrifice you because we need the blood of a virgin and Kian wouldn't let me sacrifice him."

"Thanks for the poke at my sexual appeal..." He grunts and rolls his eyes, giving his forehead a tired rub before staring between the both of them. "I don't care if you want to summon the fiery demons of hell and Satan himself, go make a stone altar in the woods and burn down those trees, not the ones that make up our bloody house.." Jakob retorts with equal coldness. "Throw the damn thing out.. I'll buy a new one at the market in town, I'll make sure I get one that's completely unlike everything in this room."

Jamie jumped off the railing and almost broke her leg but she landed on her butt then started laughing. "Ow!" She laughed tilting to her side " I'm a dumbass shit" she exclaimed then just later there staring up at the sky imagining herself in the middle of a forest with thick trees and bushes overgrown grass and twigs scattered all around and piles of leaves everywhere and rain falling from the grey sky. A smile spread across her lips and made her feel like she was floating but even though she was really just on the ground. She could feel the rain hit her skin. She gazed around and looked up at Sebastian and Emmerson and smiled to herself then closed her eyes again.

Kian Sanders

Kian was still trying to get ahold of himself. There was a large gap between having experience and not having experience when it came to shapeshifting, and what Kian just pulled could have left a more permanent feeling. Of course, being his usual self, he shook it all off, got up, and realized Jakob had joined in on the fun. He let Eloise and his brother settle their little conversation before he realized what was going on. He laughed a bit as they bantered. "If you could pick up a new sister that would be great, too. This one's in need of an exchange," Kian mentioned. It was all for good fun. Eloise was a good sister despite some of her issues, but Kian had some of his own. In all honesty, the little ball of rage was what made this place hold together. I mean, every family has to have that one person who can burn down the house, both metaphorically and physically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back