Welcome to the Abyss

zninjsu

Hi. I'm zninjsu or you can call me Angelica as that's my name. I just joined RPN out of boredom and hoping to have some luck RP'ing which I haven't had much of in the past as well as a way to kill time. I live in EST time zone -5 so I'm usually asleep at 11PM, trying to switch my schedule from night owl to something more normal.

There's very few role plays that interest me so I don't think I will have a lot of luck here either personally.

Role Plays I'm interested in:

Realistic/Modern
Supernatural (werewolves, vampires, angels/demons, dragons)
Fantasy
Fandom

Some Sci-Fi (mostly space exploration to be honest, Star Wars stuff)

Fandom:
Harry Potter (any era though I've yet to see any Founder-Era Harry Potter RP)
Pokemon (but only if the Pokemon can use all moves they can learn by breeding, leveling up, TM/HM-if the RP is limited to 4 moves only I pass)
Inheritance Cycle

A little Lord of the Rings
Watership Down (which I have only seen once on a now dead Watership Down forum)
I like Assassin's Creed but I don't have good luck with those games so I know I wouldn't be good at RP'ing in that regard.
God of War I'm into for the mythology aspect, I like mythology.

Other:
Wolves
Horses/troubled kids with horses
Very rarely slice of life (usually centered around high school, stranded from an airplane crash, sailing university, runaway kids)

Were-Cats
Historical-Fantasy
Historical Realism
Mystery
Rarely Anime (Wolf's Rain mostly)-usually if I know what the anime is about and it interests me

I don't know what dice, nation building or Colosseum are to be honest. When I think of Colosseum, I think of Rome and gladiators. Sorry, I'm a history buff to explain the historical options in other.

I've only signed up for two role plays that have caught my eye but the one GM hasn't been on since Thursday it looks like so that will probably take forever and the the other one is a Pokemon RP that I am waiting on either the GM or Co-GM to accept my character. Personally, I think that if you're going to make an RP, get a Co-GM to help run things if you're going to be gone for a while, but that is just my opinion.

I don't like one-liners in RP'ing or text/IM speech or something like this:

Macie: *Nods at Benny* Hi! Did you hear about
Benny: *Smiles in Macie's direction* No, what?

I'm rather picky about grammar just because I was in university for English at one point before I dropped out and that just looks disorganized. Sadly, the Pokemon RP Co-GM prefers typing that way for some reason so I will bear with it as every other Pokemon RP I come across limits everything to 4 moves like in the games.

I don't mind casual and detailed, literate or even semi-literate RP'ing replies. I don't like the ones, and have come across a few where everyone posts 1 line. To me, that isn't a whole lot to go on to even bother formulating a sentence. As I understand it, casual RP'ing is 1-2 paragraphs here and detailed RP'ing is 3-5 paragraphs here, though I could be wrong. Make posts with some detail to fall back on as well instead of just dialogue would be nice as well.

I'm not exactly patient. Whenever I try making an RP, I usually don't have luck with people joining it. I also have a habit of booting people from my RP's if they haven't been on or posted in a while. Even if they sign up and say, haven't made a character sheet in 2 weeks, I boot them from the RP altogether. I tend to ask if you are not going to be active, the don't bother signing up in the rules.

A big project I am working on right now is a Pokemon role play on fanfiction dot net in the forums. I haven't got everything all fleshed out yet and still have to get my Fakemon and region set up though I know how the region is going to be and what is going to be included there. II do read, some video gaming and writing in my spare time. Anyway, that is me. Feel free to respond or just drop a note saying hello if you like.

I used to get mad by not seeing role-plays I was into. But then again, I realized that it meant the market was wide open. Hopefully you are able to find role-plays that interest you, or create ones that do, for that matter.

You should consider checking out some of the Roleplay Theory posts. I think it's in the Roleplay Discussion forum, but I'll have to double-check. Cheers!

-JV, from like a month in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back