• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Welcome to Night Vale

Carlos shook his head forcefully, "Alex, I'm not that kind of scientist. I got this at the local toy store, I don't think I can modify a device that shoots large rounded sugar clumps into one that shoots salt....I'll learn how to do that though....could come in handy..."

Isaac threw a fistful of salt at a stray shadow person who had just appeared next to the group, and grunted in frustration.

"Next idea?!"

Max looked directly down the barrel of the children's toy gun he had been given, much in the way that you were always told not to do so. He fired a marshmallow into his hand and then popped it into his mouth, meanwhile tuning out whatever they were saying behind him. Carlos had laid down covering fire for Isaac's retrieval of the sacks of salt, and they barricaded the door with... a line of said salt. Apparently, it worked, though. Max popped another marshmallow into his mouth, "Too bad nothing's on fire," he grumbled to himself, "These would be a lot better toasted." The roars from the purple vortex became clearer, some large monster was sure to spawn any minute now. "I hope it's a dragon, that would make one badass toasted marshmallow," he was tossing them back two at a time now, only three left.

The others were arguing over how to get rid of the shadow-people menace, resorting to throwing salt around like kids in a playground sandbox. "Psh, amateurs, these brats have no creativity anymore." He sat down and ate two more marshmallows, leaving only one in the toy gun. Taking off his shoes, then his ankle socks, slightly ratted, he wiggled his toes in comfort. Then, reaching across the ground and grabbing a bag of salt, half-crawling across the floor to get it, he filled the canister of the gun half with salt, covering the marshmallow in the barrel. Covering the end of the plastic tube with a sock, he took a toothpick from his pocket and punched holes in it, wiggling the toothpick to enlarge them a bit. He wrapped the string from earlier around the sock and the barrel, securing them together, then put his shoes back on and stood up.

Aiming his new toy at the shadow creatures encircling the glowing mass, he pumped it once and aimed, "Hey, Isaac, you know why I like this god-forsaken town?" He pumped the weapon he had crafted, the marshmallow shot forward with the force of the air, pushing a blast of salt through the holes at high speed like a shotgun, but keeping the majority inside. The marshmallow, caught by the salt inbetween it and the sock, settled back into the barrel again, ready for another shot, "Because the whole damn town is on drugs."

@BarkWolfBacon (just tagging because he was talking to Isaac specifically xD )

Alex looked at Max for a moment, nearly dumbstruck. And then she stood on top of a bench, crossed her arms, and yelled over the noise of the battle, "Hey! Big guy who's name escapes me right now! That was my idea! Don't you take all of the credit!" Showoff. That was totally my idea. I mean, that guy hasn't said a word to me since I frickin moved here and now he takes my idea? Talk about disrespect!

Alex was yelling at him. Let her yell, he could yell back just as well. "Your idea, my different idea, who's to say? If you want to do it better, by all means, show me. Otherwise, keep your brat mouth shut and keep outta trouble." Kids these days, not an ounce of respect.

He leveled his weapon at another shadow person circling around the purple sphere, pulled the handle back and fired a spray of salt in its direction. A direct hit, the shadow dissipated, though another quickly stepped up to take its place. This isn't going to be enough, we need something... else. "Here, kid, make yourself useful," he tossed Alex the gun he had constructed, then grabbed a handful of salt and ran over to the closet that had only recently been closed.

Upon reaching it, he yanked the door open quickly, and threw in the handful of salt as if it was a grenade. The screeching inside roared for a moment, then went still, and he flipped on the light switch and closed the door behind him, out of view from the others. "They'll be able to handle themselves, I hope. I think I may have an idea for whatever it is that's coming out of there."

@Elspeth Caraci

Bell giggles to her self, watching the salt fly. She was perched on a chair, sitting Indian style her sleeves fastened securely. The chair itself was floating through the air, picked up by the wild winds and lack of gravity caused by the clearly hyperactive portal. Cocking her head to one side she giggled at the loud dinosaur like roars and shrieks emerging from the portal.

"Best meeting so far... Oh look at that looks like stuffs gonna start escaping out of that portal any time now... Such a slow escape though..."

Jess was perfectly fine leaping at the shadow creatures, until she got salt in her eye. At that point, she yelped and curled into a ball in the middle of the floor. "Owww." She moaned, holding her hands over her eye. "That's no good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back