• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to Li-Cor

Chief

The Reclaimer
Braden’s eyelids shot open as noises of birds and other random forest sounds filled his bedroom. He grabbed his phone and shut off the alarm, before peering at the time, 7:30 AM, it was Friday, February 8th, 2019. He had an hour and a half to get ready before reporting to the police station for his shift. He let out a loud sigh, closed his eyes and savored the last few seconds in a warm bed. After a moment, he tossed covers off his pale, toned body, and sat up. It was time to get ready for another boring, uneventful day.

5:00 PM

He put the keys into the ignition of his 2013 Ford F-150, the one his father gave him after graduating college, and started it up. He cranked the heat, and rubbed his hands together, attempting to generate warmth. February in Nebraska was not a fun time for those that despised freezing tempuratures such as himself. Braden had just wrapped up the long shift at the station, and wanted nothing more than to get home and relax. He checked his phone, an saw a unusual notification. According to the Calendar app, he had a clinical trial scheduled today, at 5:30. Huh, must’ve forgot. Just enough time to get across town. He thought to himself, before pulling out of the parking lot of the Lincoln Police Department, and driving off into the winter wonderland.

5:28 PM - Li-Cor Headquarters

The large metal doors leading inside the building swung open, and Braden stepped inside. The feeling of heat brought a temporary moment of joy, as he walked briskly through the rows of silver chairs that sat lining the walls and floor space of the lobby. The entire building had a very modern and sleek design to it, using a lot of neutral colors, and metallic shines. He approached the desk, and a thin woman with dark hair and very pronounced cheekbones looked up at him from behind thick, black rimmed glasses. “Hello, are you here for the clinical study?!” She asked with a bubbly tone. “Yes ma’am.” He said, quietly, still shaking slightly from the frigid conditions outside. “Great! Please have a seat, warm up, and wait for the other applicants! Welcome to Li-Cor!”

.angel. .angel. Leaf Fi Leaf Fi seasonedcat seasonedcat

[div class=mainContainer][div class=leftBar]
[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText] Liouba let out a loud curse and clumsily reached out to where her end table was looking for her phone to make the god awful sound stop. She began to angrily slam her hand around when she couldn't locate it with touch. She eventually gave up and sat upright to see where the damn thing was. Her face turned sour as she saw it on the other side of the room on the couch. She glared at it angrily, pissed at her last night self for putting it in a place she knew she would have to get up to get.

Letting out more curse words she stumbled up and walked to where her phone was, silencing it quickly before throwing it back onto the couch and returning to her cocoon. She closed her eyes to go back to sleep again before, yet again, her alarm started blaring. She let out an annoyed sigh, why did she have to know herself so much. Knowing that she would go back to bed after the first one. This gave her no choice but to rise again and yet again turn off the alarm.

She was about to return to bed when she saw a sticky note on the wall reminding her why she had set her alarm to 5am. Cursing some more she went and got ready for the day, showering, dressing, applying her makeup, ect. Once she was done she grabbed her mask and left, putting it on before she left. She wore it in hopes of not getting sick every time she went outside but it didn't do much, despite that she still wears it.

Using gps she made her way to Li-Cor Headquarters, Holding herself tight as she walked. She may have been wearing a thick coat, fluffy hat, mittens, and a scarf, but the cold began to eat away at her quickly. She had walked because public transportation always made her sick with all the germs and plus her destination wasn't that far away. Some people might say that walking would be worse than just going through public transportation, but honestly she preferred walking alone in the quiet street over the loud subway.

Once she reached her destination she pocketed her phone and entered the building, taking off her hat, mittens, and scarf. She fixed her mask absentmindedly as she glanced around the room observing a man sitting in one of the many metal chairs. She went over to the coat hooks and deposited her winter clothing, switching her phone to her short pockets. She didn't remove her mask, knowing the danger of catching something was still real even in this environment that looked clean.

She approached the woman at the desk who's glasses didn't seem to be the right style to be wearing with her thin face and it made her look strange. The woman greeted her warmly with a bright hello causing Liouba to let out a tch. Who on earth was this energetic at 5:43am? Liouba just shook her head and spoke up through her mask, "Yo, I'm here for the clinical study thingy or whatever." The woman seemed to beam at this and instructed her to take one of the many seats as they waited for more to show up.

Liouba simply shrugged before taking a seat on the opposite side of the room as the male. She then proceeded to take out her phone and browse on it lazily as she waited for this whole thing to be over with. At the sound of the man adjusting himself she glanced up slightly, reminded that she wasn't the only one in the room. Well there was also that weird lady at the desk who was too happy for her own good, but Liouba was trying to forget her.

Letting out a sigh Liouba decided to speak to the unknown man to make the time go quicker, after all she had not charged her phone last night because it was on the couch and it was running low now. She didn't know how much longer her phone would last, or if this man was one of the talkative ones, but she just decided to go for it in her tired and bored state. Stretching lightly as she turned off her phone with her middle finger she spoke up.

"Sup, you here for the whole trial bullshit thing too?"
[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
[/div][div class=infoBar][div class=infoScroll][div class=infoText]{location} Li-Cor Headquarters
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
{mentions} Chief Chief
{interactions} Chief Chief [/div][/div][/div][/div]
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a
[class=mainContainer] margin:auto;center; min-width:200px; max-width:805px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; justify-content:center; --color1:#EAEBED; --color2:#075082; --color3:#2B303A; --color4:#1D2D44; --img1:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d2/51/de/d251decfb5638907b618230cac80ed7b.jpg'); --img2:url('https://i.pinimg.com/236x/2d/0c/a3/2d0ca30c1b13cfbc581a350fec31a3b3.jpg'); background:var(--color3); border-top-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-left-radius:50px; [/class] [class=leftBar] display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; width:240px; height:auto; justify-content:space-evenly; [/class] [class=mainPic] flex:1; width:200px; height:200px; border-radius:50%; background:var(--img1); background-size:cover; background-position:center; [/class] [class=header] flex:1; width:auto; height:auto; text-align:center; font-family:Special Elite; text-shadow:3px 0px 3px var(--color1); font-size:50px; color:var(--color2); [/class] [class=footer] display:flex; width:100%; height:auto; align-items:center; [/class] [class=button] display:inline-block; flex:1; width:80px; height:80px; border-radius:50%; background:var(--img2); background-size:cover; background-position:center; filter:grayscale(100) brightness(105%); transition:all 0.5s ease-in; cursor:pointer; z-index:2; [/class] [class name=button state=hover] filter:grayscale(0) brightness(100%); [/class] [class=contentWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:540px; height:auto; border-top-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-left-radius:50px; border:10px solid var(--color2); overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:50vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=grungeText] padding:0.8em; width:92%; font-family:Oswald; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class] [class=infoBar] display:none; flex:2; max-width:250px; height:10vh; overflow:hidden; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=infoScroll] width:105%; height:10vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=infoText] width:92%; font-family:Oswald; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); padding:0.8em; [/class] [script class=button on=click] fadeIn 750 infoBar [/script] [script class=grungeText on=mouseenter] fadeOut 750 infoBar [/script]

Braden Hallaway

5B7F8E29-23B5-4CA3-9D0F-F6AA585CBC43.jpeg

As Braden stared down at the bright screen illuminating back at him, a new voice surprised him. He glanced up, looking for the source of the noise from under the bill of his baseball cap. “Bullshit trial thing? Yeah.” He chuckled quietly “If that’s what you call it. If you think it’s such bullshit, why did you sign up?” He asked with a slightly confused tone. He had signed up for the extra money himself, and judging by the mask on her face, he was guessing it had something to do with not getting sick. Which was tough to do in this weather.

The woman at the front desk continued examining the tall stack of folders that sat in front of her. She opened up the folder that sat on top, jotted a couple things down, then proceeded to the next collection of papers. Occasionally glancing up, for whatever reason.

seasonedcat seasonedcat

[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText]Liouba let out a chuckle, "Ya, bullshit trial thing. Most of these trials don't really work and shit like that. Lot of the time it only decreases the likely hood by like 6%. Which is dandy and all for normal people who don't get sick for just breathing like me. So, even with that my dad makes me sign up, says that if I don't I'll die when I'm older you know? Like because I catch this shit easily, but whatever. But I am fine just sitting at home to be honest, can't catch stuff if you never leave the house!"

She let out a laugh at this knowing full well that the comment could cause this conversation to shift awkwardly or continue the flow of it. She could assume because of his modern looking appearance he would take the joke and not lecture her or whatever like an elder would. Now that she looked at him more she could see that he was fairly young, around her age, and was even wearing one of those stereotypical baseball caps that all the guys wear these days.

She wondered if this dude was hear for the money or because he actually needed this shot like her. Like, the money was a good and all, but her 'parents' were fine in that category and gladly supported her in her bachelor of arts and continued to support her even after she didn't bother to get a job with her diploma. But, she doubted it was the same with his category. He didn't rub her as the rich type, no air pods, Gucci products, ect.

She assumed that he was a student maybe looking for some cash or maybe just looking for some extra cash on the side of his job. Who knows, and honestly she wouldn't care that much later after she got this thing done with, went home, and slept for the many hours of precious sleep time that this stupid trial made her miss. She would probably forget him in an hour or so, but for now she was bored and wanted to do something to pass the time without closing the conversation.

"So, why you here? You don't look like some rich kid so I can assume it's for the cash?"
[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
[/div][div class=infoBar][div class=infoScroll][div class=infoText]{location} Li-Cor Headquarters
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
{mentions} Chief Chief
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a
[class=mainContainer] margin:auto;center; min-width:200px; max-width:805px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; justify-content:center; --color1:#EAEBED; --color2:#075082; --color3:#2B303A; --color4:#1D2D44; --img1:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d2/51/de/d251decfb5638907b618230cac80ed7b.jpg'); --img2:url('https://i.pinimg.com/236x/2d/0c/a3/2d0ca30c1b13cfbc581a350fec31a3b3.jpg'); background:var(--color3); border-top-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-left-radius:50px; [/class] [class=leftBar] display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; width:240px; height:auto; justify-content:space-evenly; [/class] [class=mainPic] flex:1; width:200px; height:200px; border-radius:50%; background:var(--img1); background-size:cover; background-position:center; [/class] [class=header] flex:1; width:auto; height:auto; text-align:center; font-family:Special Elite; text-shadow:3px 0px 3px var(--color1); font-size:50px; color:var(--color2); [/class] [class=footer] display:flex; width:100%; height:auto; align-items:center; [/class] [class=button] display:inline-block; flex:1; width:80px; height:80px; border-radius:50%; background:var(--img2); background-size:cover; background-position:center; filter:grayscale(100) brightness(105%); transition:all 0.5s ease-in; cursor:pointer; z-index:2; [/class] [class name=button state=hover] filter:grayscale(0) brightness(100%); [/class] [class=contentWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:540px; height:auto; border-top-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-right-radius:50px; border-bottom-left-radius:50px; border:10px solid var(--color2); overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:50vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=grungeText] padding:0.8em; width:92%; font-family:Oswald; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class] [class=infoBar] display:none; flex:2; max-width:250px; height:10vh; overflow:hidden; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=infoScroll] width:105%; height:10vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=infoText] width:92%; font-family:Oswald; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); padding:0.8em; [/class] [script class=button on=click] fadeIn 750 infoBar [/script] [script class=grungeText on=mouseenter] fadeOut 750 infoBar [/script]

He nodded slowly, "Yeah, I thought this would be an easy way to get some fuck-around money, you know? And I am not rich, but my parents are rich. And they made all that money by themselves, so I don't get as much help as most people. They believe in working hard and earning your money, the good ol' fashioned American way. But the station doesn't pay too well... Police station, that is." In the back of his mind, he briefly considered quitting his job as a low ranking cop and starting a business or something. Maybe moving to Florida and opening a dive shop with his cousin, wouldn't that be an exciting life. To never see snow again, he wouldn't mind that at all. He had seen enough snow to last him the rest of his life. Sunshine and beaches from here on out. His eyes shifted from the woman in front of him, to the snow that fell from the sky outside, and his brief daydream ended quickly. "So are you from Nebraska? This shit hole of a place that no one in their right mind would ever think of going? Or did you move here like a crazy person?"

seasonedcat seasonedcat

[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText]Liouba let out a sympathetic hiss of pain at his statement about his parents. She didn't know what it was like for your parent's to dump ya on your own to pay for your own shit but she can imagine it would be annoying. Letting out a big yawn halfway through the mysterious mans talking she made brief eye contact with the lady at the desk before she turned to look back at the guy.

She had been to many walk in clinics in her life and it wasn't uncommon for the nurse or whatever to occupy themselves by observing the patients, but honestly the glasses really were just annoying Liouba by how out of place they looked compared the the sharp way of dress the woman was wearing. Once she recovered from her long yawn she focused her tired attention back on the man across the room from her, lazily playing with one of the strings of her fish net leggings.

"Nah, my parents just fucked then left me on some street corner. Probably tried to abort me but ran out of money because of drugs or some shit. Who the fuck knows. But my 'parents' or well the people who adopted me because technically they aren't my parents. They moved here on their free will and picked me up after I sliced one of their tires when I was eight and stole the other's wallet. But here I am anyway. So what about you? You born here?"
[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
{mentions} Chief Chief
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a

“Uh huh. Born and raised. Not here though, a small town a couple hours west of here. My father was the sheriff, so law enforcement runs in the blood I suppose.” He eyed the artsy outfit that she sported, “Is that what you are? Professional thief? Started at age 8 and never looked back since?” He asked, slightly joking, slightly wondering if the crafted backstory had a grain of truth to it.

seasonedcat seasonedcat

[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText]Liouba let out a light laugh at this comment, "No, no, no. I don't do anything like that. In fact I don't do anything at the moment. My parents understand that I get sick all the time so I am basically just a shut in. They pay m bills and shit and I don't have to really do anything."

Liouba shrugged at this, finding it normal to talk about your parents paying all your expenses. She knew people would look at that as her being a spoiled rich girl, but honestly she didn't care any more. People could hate her for all she cares, all she needs are her cats and her bed and she will be content for the rest of her days. No husband or wife needed for her to live fulfilled, and no god awful children either.

"You tryin' to arrest me copy boy? That why you asked?" she joked lightly, having caught the few times he mentioned things about him working in the police force and his father having done the same thing. To be honest that story makes it sound like she was a thief, which she kind of was, but she could tell by there car and clothes they were rich and they wouldn't miss the wallet or have any trouble fixing the car she broke.

Also, there was the fact at the time she didn't want to be adopted. She wanted to be an angsty 8 year old because her parents didn't want her and they abandoned her to die on the side of the road. She wanted to make it so the parents coming to look for a kid stayed away, however it seemed that little action had the opposite effect, because here she was with their last name and their money in her bank account. Plus she did apologize for what she did.

She still has the wallet though.
[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
{mentions} Chief Chief
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a

Aster Dunn
Location:Currently the waiting room @ Li-Cor| Tags: seasonedcat seasonedcat Chief Chief

Aster squeaked quietly as her phone went off, quickly walking over to find her brother calling her. She quirked a brow and accepted the call “Ja?” She grinned, chuckling quietly “I’m doing fine... Just getting ready for that vaccine testing..” She said plainly, shrugging her shoulders lightly as if he could even see her. She played with her hair a moment, listening to him rattle on about his “bad feeling” and shit “Bro, bro, chill. I’ll be perfectly fine. I’ll be in and out in no time so calm down. I’ll send you the location if it makes you feel any better alright? I’ll talk later..” She smiled and quickly hung up, laughing softly as she walked over and slid her hoodie on and pulled up her highwasted blue jeans. She knew it was bitterly chilly, as us seemed to feel all the time. She didn’t tend to mind the cold weather all that much, preferring it over swealtering heat. It wasn’t like she could just rip her skin off as if it was a clothing layer.

She made sure she had a few things in her mini backpack, her phone charger, some earbuds, and some gum, because you can never go wrong with some spearmint. She smoothed out her hair and sighed deeply, groaning into her hand before she quickly left her apartment and heading to her car, deciding to keep her promise to her brother and sent the address to Li-Cor. She only did it for his satisfaction really, and to just leave her be.
|||​

She eventually found herself parked in front of the modern building, eyeing it a moment before confirming her location. She pulled her keys out of the ignition and made her way into the door. She eyed around the room for a moment, seeing two other people already seated and who seemed to be chatting about who knows what. She chuckled to herself, humming under her breath as she walked up to the front desk to only confirm her assumptions of just sitting down. She sat a few seats away from the other woman, crossing her legs and leaning back in her chair. She knew her posture was shit, but it was what she found most comfortable “So I’m assuming we’re all here to get stabbed and see how this vaccine works then?” She mused, a small smile playing her lips

"Maybe this stupid drug testing will help you out with that perpetual sickness. Never know." He shrugged slightly, and laughed quietly at her little nickname "Coppy boy huh? Don't tell the sergeant, but if the uniform isn't on, and no one's life is in danger, I frankly don't give a shit." After his response, he watched the new, whistling woman stroll past him towards the front desk, she must've been the 3rd participant. He wasn't sure how many patients there would be total, judging by how many folders were on the woman's desk, most of the seats in the lobby would be filled. By the time he had wrapped up that thought process, a new voice popped up. "Hoping for more of a poke, not a huge needle guy." A nervous smile flashed across his face.

[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText]Liouba nodded lightly at that, she too did hope it would stop with the whole constantly sick thing, the amount she has spent on tissues and medicine alone is in itself a small fortune. Plus, it isn't as fun lying in bed whenever you feel like you are going to keel over.

She let out a little chuckle at the Coppy Boy's next comment. She was sure that that wasn't really a good thing for him to have, after all cops are supposed to commendable people and someone not caring after duty, not commendable like the cops people like to believe exist. But, it makes sense. People are often not the same as the people people like to make up in their heads to fit the perfect world, they are often far from that.

Liouba glanced away from Coppy to notice another subject enter the building. It was a girl like her, however she wasn't sporting the mask or delightful attire. She smirked at Coppy as he replied to the girl's statement with a hint of fear in his voice, "Awe, is Coppy scared of a little needle?" snickering behind one of her hands as she waited for some form of reaction from either of her company.
[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
{mentions} Chief Chief .angel. .angel.
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a

The first thought that came into his mind was God dammit I hope I don’t hear “Coppy” all day. Although he appeared friendly and approachable on the outside, he was actually a very reserved and guarded person. Braden enjoyed his alone time and had always been very independent, even as a child.

Some could even say he had a dark outlook on life, he had seen a lot in his short time as a police officer. And had already accepted the fact that he couldn’t save everyone, and when he was off duty, it was his personal time.

He raised an eyebrow, “I wouldn’t say I’m necessarily scared of needles, but no one really likes them.” The woman from the front desk got up out of her chair and waltzed gingerly towards the group. When she was within speaking range, she clasped her hands on front of her, and spoke up. “Now that most of you are here. I will begin my little speach, but before that. Do you have any questions for me?”

[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText]Liouba rolled her eyes at Coppy. He probably was just scared and didn't want to admit it. She had heard the same thing from so many people so many times, so she found it hard to believe it when it's said. Not to mention he is a guy so it is common for them to lie when it comes to their feelings.

Her genuinely interested mood turned sour as the woman from the desk approached for the briefing. Honestly it's the same thing over and over again. She didn't really care for the whole shmire again and again. She would honestly just prefer it if they could just get on with the needles then leave and never have to do with each other again. But sadly that isn't how these things work.

Letting out an annoyed sigh Liouba shifted her position on the stiff chair into a crossed leg position as she stared blankly at the woman. She really didn't want to listen to 20 minuets of questioning from somebody who's voice was so bubbly and annoying. It was going to get really annoying really quickly. She honestly didn't want to have to sit through that.

"How bout' we skip the bullshit and just get to the sweet stuff, k? I think you know most of us want to get in and out quickly so please don't keep us captive with your annoying voice."
[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a

The woman glanced down at Liouba, her mouth slightly agape, it could be assumed she was taken back by Liouba's remark. Patients usually weren't so blunt, and rude. "Ummmmm. Fine." Her tone shifted completely, from the normal bubbly voice to completely monotone, and strangely calm. She turned around on her heel and quickly began walking towards a thick silver door at the back of the room, directly behind the desk. "Follow me. All of you."

Braden glanced back and forth between Liouba and the woman, the whole exchange surprised him as well. But he was the first one out of the chairs, it had seemed that the woman had completely forgotten about the others, or dropped the act and just didn't care anymore. He turned to look at the snow that fell from the dark clouds outside one last time. He wondered how much longer until he had to brave the cold again, as he turned to follow the receptionist. "Ready for the sweet stuff?" He mumbled back to the other two.

Aster Dunn
Location:Now on the move to who the hell knows where | Tags: seasonedcat seasonedcat Chief Chief
Aster chuckled softly, her hand pressing against her lips for a moment “Light poke, heavy jab, same difference” She grinned softly ‘Coppy, huh? So guess this guys a cop.. fun..’ She thought, her eyes trained on her hands before looking back up to listen in on the conversation “Well of course no one likes them, dear. Some of us are just less afraid of them” She guessed he was probably older than her, but she had a tendency to call everyone older than her ‘dear’ and ‘sweetheart’. She always sounded like an elderly woman.

Her thoughts were pulled from her as the receptionists stepped up to the trio, her brow quirking “Ah no.. no questions I suppose..” She shrugged, pulling on a kind smile. Her eyes widened a little at the other girls snippy remark, smirking behind her hand. The woman sort of did have an annoying voice, but she would only silently agree. She hesitantly stood up, getting up a few beats after the man. She wasn’t particularly excited to get stabbed with a needle, but she supposed it would help with her pop up sicknesses she would get. She chuckled softly, shaking her head a little “Depends how sweet it is, hm?” She clutched her phone tightly, sending her brother a quick text before looking back up

Last edited:
The woman turned the large door handle, with a hint of a struggle. After a couple seconds of effort, the door finally popped open, and swung slowly to the side. “Come on in.” She called back, beckoning with her hand.

They made their way through the doorway, And were greeted to the sight of a long, typical clinic-white hallway. Short, but long windows ran along the length. Braden peered into one of the windows, having to bend down slightly to be able to see in. Various lab equipment, such as beaker racks, microscopes, and bunsen burners. Nothing out of place to the untrained eye. He spoke as he observed, his breath fogging up the window that sat a few inches in front of his face. “So, are we doing nicknames? Or should I call y’all by your actual names?” A fluorescent light above flickered and buzzed.

The receptionist walked briskly ahead of them, clipboard clutched tightly to her side.

[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText]Liouba let out a sigh of relief when she was granted the blessing of the annoying receptionist not talking. So now this annoying task was going to be slightly better, and even more awesome, she didn't bother going over the annoying stuff no one cares about and everyone already knows how to do. This was actually turning out to be a pretty ok day, even if she had to wake up early and go outside.

Fixing her mask she rose from her seat after the others, stretching her arms as she did so. She didn't bother to look interested in the science related stuff that they passed as they walked, just focusing her attention of the picture of the clock in her mind as she counted down the minuets until she could go home and sleep. She wished that they had a clock somewhere in this hallway though, it would be easier for her to get the time right.

She rolled her eyes as both the subjects with her took her little snap about the 'sweet stuff' as a funny little joke. This was going to be annoying if they started to use this as an inside joke between the three of them. She didn't think that it was such a weird statement, she had heard it all the time, but she guessed she wasn't exactly normal so what is normal for her might be weird as a three headed cow to them.

Her gaze moved from nowhere to Coppy as he spoke up. She shrugged lightly, placing her hands behind her head as she thought, "Hm, well I don't think we really even know each other's names, so I guess we should start by introducing ourselves or somethin' like that. No promises I will even call you by those names though, especially if they are basic as shit like Max or Ella. Barf, like shit I'd call you those."
[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
{interactions} Chief Chief .angel. .angel. [/div][/div][/div][/div]
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a

Braden chuckled at her remark, this girl was not shy about speaking her mind. That much is for sure. "Alright well, my name is Braden. Is that better than Max?" The woman opened a door stemming from the left side of the hallway, it creaked loudly as it opened. She beckoned the group in, before disappearing through the doorframe. As he waited for the other woman to answer, he slowly began to walk down the hallway, keeping the group somewhat closely behind the woman as they conversed. They followed her through the doorway and were greeted to the site of 4 medical cots.

"Alright." The receptionist spoke as she wheeled the 4th cot into a back room. "This is where we will be taking the test. Please find yourself a cot, and get situated. The doctor will be in shortly." She exited the room out into the hallway, closing the door quietly behind her. The fact that they wouldn't have to hear her annoyed tone anymore probably thrilled Liouba.

[div class=mainPic]
[/div]
[div class=header]Liouba Valda[/div][/div][div class=contentWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=grungeText]Liouba starred at the man she now knew was called Brandon. She looked him up and down for a moment before meeting his eyes. "Ya no. Still basic as shit. I'ma stick to Coppy." to be honest she liked the name Coppy so she probably wouldn't have called him his name even if it wasn't basic. There might be even more nicknames given if she discovers a better one while they are here.

When they got into the cot room Liouba rolled her eyes. All these stupid tests are always the same and it was so stupid. I mean could it kill them to be more original when it comes to these things? There is so many things that they could do to spice it up. Like maybe start by painting the walls a good colour that's not white or blue. Use unicorn bed sheets. Have the doctor wearing a monkey mask. Like seriously they need to raise their standards for these things.

Without much thought Liouba made her way over to the cot that was the closest to her and plopped herself down on it. The beds were far from comfortable compared to her bed at home, but at least she wasn't standing anymore. Benefits in everything... well sort of. I mean it's more of a benefit because she is lazy.

Looking at the other subjects she nodded towards the other cots, "Come on Coppy and Mystery girl, relax while we wait for the doc to get in. No fun to just stand around when you can sit down. Am I right, or am I right folks? Of course I am now sit down you are blocking my beautiful view of the white walls. Let me enjoy these brief moments without that annoyance and let me look at the basic as shit walls."

[/div][/div]
[div class=footer]
[div class=button]
{mood} tired;bored
{outfit} Outfit~ + Mask~
{interactions} Chief Chief .angel. .angel. [/div][/div][/div][/div]
[/div]
[/div]
code by RI.a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back