• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to Camp Crystal Pond! Beware of Wendigos

Amelia Rose"Okay. So those in the Lynx cabin are: Elowen Barclay Leena, Jeremy Waters, Malakai Ambrose, and Rudolf Nadja," she read off the clipboard, "Next up, is the owl cabin. That's mine. I have Jerald Patton, Sofia Hoizer, Caitlyn O'Connor, and Wigfrid Dagenhart."
She looked up to see her campers.

Pence Zither

While waiting for his name to be called out and assigned he could see the slight shuffle among the kids. Moving to where their counsellors stood. All smiley and presentably dressed. Pence would never say that a first impression gave you all that could be said of a person. Sometimes though ...

A leaf covered, piss-smelling man tapped him on the shoulder and proceeded to ask him once he'd turned at the touch;

"Excuse me mate, don't worry about the fact that I look like I just came back from being a hermit in the woods, you kids wouldn't be the campers would ya? Also, fuck me the sun is bright...... I mean... uh frick."

"..." Pence was momentarily unsure of how to respond but settled on nodding once he saw the familiar camp logo on the man's shirt. Unless he was a hobo that stole one of the camp shirts and returned to the scene of the crime ... this man would likely be a counsellor as well.

Got a bad feeling about this, Grandma ...

Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo

Wigfrid Dagenhart
Wigfrid dropped her heavy luggage to the ground with a thump, frowning around again.
The redhead girl examined the other children in her group properly for the first time.
They weren't
too bad. Even though she could see the girls in the next cabins texting on their mobile devices. Some other commotion in the other cabin group.
Looking back at the Owl Cabin Counsellor, Wig gave a big, fake smile.

This ought to be a wonderful summer.

Wig tapped her foot while thinking of the possible rules the lady is about to place upon her.
Most likely no weapons, no fighting, no bullying, respect everyone and everything and yaddah-yaddah-yaddah.
'How boring.' muttered she tapping her foot faster in impatience.

The constant giggles of the campers agitated Wigfrid, as she gave them stern looks from the corners of her eye.
'They were gonna go into their cabins soon, anyway. No need to bully.' was what she tried convincing to herself while thinking things over while Ms Amelia scribbled something on her clipboard and the children began talking very loudly.

And what was that Amelia mentioned about archery?

As the camper in front of him turned around and clearly repelled by the rather... gritty appearance of Jack but still he did answer the posed question which was everything he needed. He nodded to show his appreciation for his assistance and then looked at Amanda introducing her cabin and Jay missing. "Deja vu.".

He then realized that he has to inevitably introduce his cabin to the group so he walks up in front of the children, and after looking at the number of kids he sighs and then says introducing himself;

"Right, good day girls and boys. As Amanda has stated we welcome you to Camp Crystal. Now my name is Jack Jacksmith and unlike my name suggests I don't smith jacks I am a counselor..counsellor?" He then looks down at his appearance and then rubs the back of his head. "Now in retrospect, I should've gone to change before this but I was in the forest surveying it for the last few days..."

He then looked down at the ground looking like he forgot something and if you were close enough you could hear him say under his breath;
"Shit what else was I meant to do, oh yea the campers **cough** Now if I remember correctly the members of the sloth cabin are, Riley Gonnagan, Violet Adams, Blake Miller and Pence Zither, which I assume I just met. Now if you could shimmy over here we can continue okey-dokey?"

Irony Irony Moonie Moonie Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Alpha_Tortoise Alpha_Tortoise

Last edited:
Caitlyn's head perked upwards at "nature walks." That was something she could get into. Meanwhile, she looked around for her soon-to-be cabin-mates, but no one had nametags, so she focused her attention on her counselor. She seemed friendly enough, speaking with the counselor of the Sloth cabin who, as he'd admitted, definitely should have changed (and showered) before they arrived. Unsure of where the Owl Cabin was, Caitlyn waited quietly for further instructions, a little too shy to interrupt.

The rust bucket carrying the campers wibbled and wobbled across a violently uneven path for at least the final 30 minutes of the journey. Every pebble making a distinct sound, and every depression causing the vehicle to lurch. Elowen couldn't give two metaphorical fucks. She sat perfectly, almost unnaturally still, entranced in her own thoughts. She was excited to meet new people, especially since these random campers had no preconceived notion about her. In her excitement, she may have overdressed.

Her hair was packed in a ornately pinned bun, and white Pearls dangled from her ears and neck. She wore a black cardigan over a white longsleeve. A pair of tight pencil trousers donned her legs, fitting perfectly with her dark-blue formal shoes. Elowen isn't typically nervous, but a lot of the time, she felt like a lot of people were staring at her. She tells herself that it's all in her head, but she does often meet glances.

Do I give off some sort of aura of intimidation?

That was a question she asked herself often. It was like, there was some sort of A.T Field that prevents others fr-

KACHOOM
The bus came to a screeching halt, quite savagely dragging her out of her thoughts. The sudden silence had an almost chilling ambience to it. Elowen is one of the first campers to stand

Just smile. You'll do fine.

She puts on the most gung-ho grin she could muster, grabs her luggage and marches right out.

sofia hoizer

Sofia is one of the last to exit the bus, her hair and makeup slightly disheveled from her nap on the long ride to the camp. Surprisingly she somehow managed to nearly sleep through it entirely, with her bags purposefully placed in the seat to stop anyone from sitting next to her. In her arms she carries three bags, all stuffed with luggage ranging from basic essentials to her entire makeup kit and favorite books along with a few things her parents had coerced her to bring along despite her protests.
She is thankful to be off the bus, away from the musty air and the hollering of the other kids. She takes several deep breaths, savoring the fresh air of the outdoors. Out here the trees stand tall, towering over her with brilliant green leaves. The sky is a cloudless blue and the grass is exquisitely green. She immediately feels at ease, grateful to be away from the cramped city her parents decided to move to a few years ago, ripping her away from the beautiful countryside where she had grown up.
It isn't long before the camp counselors begin to make themselves known. She listens as a young woman calls for everyone's attention while she navigates her way to the front of the crowd. She has long brown hair carefully adorned with various flowers and a genuine smile on her lips. It takes a few moments, but eventually the chatter begins to quiet down. When it's finally calm for everyone to hear, the woman announces members of the first cabin. Sofia watches quietly as a handful of kids separate themselves from the crowd and huddle next to another counselor, this one male.
"Next up, is the owl cabin. That's mine. I have Jerald Patton, Sofia Hoizer, Caitlyn O'Connor, and Wigfrid Dagenhart," the woman chirps. Upon hearing her name, Sofia picks her bags back up with a grunt and joins her counselor's side. She greets the woman with a tight lipped smile that doesn't reach her eyes. She continues to watch as other campers exit the crowd, her green eyes boring into them as she identifies the people she'll be staying with for a while.

mentions: Codebreaker Codebreaker
coding by: diaphanous

Last edited:
Amelia Rose"Alright, now that we have that settled, we are going to talk you to your cabins so you can put your stuff down, rest a bit, then in about..." she looked down at her watch, "An hour, we are going to walk to the dining pavilion for lunch and then we will have orientation where you will receive your camp t-shirts and schedules for all the classes that are offered here," she turned to her group and Jay's group, "Lynxes and Owls, follow me!"
She set off towards the Lynx cabin to drop off Jay's campers.

Jerald followed Amelia towards the cabins. “I wonder where the cabins are?” He thought. Soon Jerald saw the peek of a roof over the trees and he realized that the cabins were only just in front of them. His hiking pack was beginning to wear him down, which was strange for someone who could type 300 lines of code in a minute and not bat an eyelid. As he rounded a corner, Jerald was sure that he heard something unusual, but he just brushed it off as a raccoon.

Codebreaker Codebreaker

Jack Jacksmith
(y'all)
"I think Jay might be sleeping in today" Amelia stated to Jack as an observation, he sighed and thought to himself "No shit". He looked at the kids began to sort themselves into their cabin groups. Amelia decided that she would lead off the lynx cabin and her own which made his life easier, "Nice now I got only one set of trouble kids to deal with".

He then looks at the kids he has in front of them and as he saw each one of them slowly make their ways to the gathering zone he reminded himself about what he knew about each kid from his research. "Rilley Ronnagan, he was clearly forced to come here from his demeanor and from the way he is looking at me he wants to be kicked out, what a cute thought. Violet Adams the perfect representation why older folks don't like younger people, Blake Miller a guy who wants to prove himself by smashing his head against a rock until it becomes a Michelangelo sculpture and finally our very own mama's boy, well, in this case, a grandma's boy."

He sighs at the members of his cabin and their diversity and then he says while rubbing the back of his head. "Well, you kids should probably go into your cabin, the one with the massive printed sloth face on the door, and get your stuff sorted after you do come to the dock near the lake immediately though, our first team building activity before the gathering, okay? Cool." He says as he heads off.

Irony Irony Codebreaker Codebreaker Moonie Moonie Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Alpha_Tortoise Alpha_Tortoise

Caitlyn brushed her hair back as she followed the group of campers with Amelia. She reminded herself to pull it back once she got to camp - It kept getting in her face. Looking around at the other campers following her, she tried to keep a welcoming and kind expression, but again was far too shy to introduce herself to anyone. Happening to accidentally lock eyes with a pretty brunette her age, she looked away quickly, forgetting to wave or smile. She wondered idly who would be in her cabin out of these kids, but focused more on not dropping her two massive bags.

Jeremy Waters had somehow fallen asleep on the bus. He wasn't really the guy to fall asleep during travel, especially not when going places he'd never been before, but when one sat alone in the back for several hours without any form of entertainment - his phone had died halfway through the trip - it was hard to stay awake.

So now he climbed out of the bus, only to see that there was nobody around. They'd probably already left to their cabins or something. Wonderful. He nodded to the bus driver who gave him his bag and flung it over his shoulder, before he started to walk slowly towards the campsite, sighing for himself. This was not particularly exciting. Hopefully, there was someplace he could use his skateboard though, but right now he wasn't too optimistic.

Blake had glanced at the other campers trudging their bags too there cabins, fortunately Blake had packed light.. Perhaps too light.. The sun was still strong, he had a bright smile, humming to himself as they walked to the cabin.
"Seems like a long distance.. Can't wait to see how far everything else is"

Rudolf Nadja

Whilst the other campers were off to unpack their things, No one seemed to notice the absence of another camper in their ranks.

The Bus was in sweet and quiet peace, the echo of far-off activity mumbling quietly through the peaceful noise of the summer forest. It wouldn't be too difficult to fall asleep in this environment.

One strange child lay asleep in the warm corner of the seat, resting against the glass window with his scarf -which wrapped around his face- pressed against the window. The boy had unfortunately fallen into his slumber along the trip, being quickly forgotten by the others -which would have been his objective in the first place seeing as he did not have the courage to meet them in the first place- as the other kids had not even acknowledged his existence. Something which would have sounded ideal for the strange boy had immediately come back to haunt him.

The boy's eyes blinked as he slowly dragged himself from sleep. He had the cold and electric feeling sit gently in his chest, the lack of energy being off-putting to him. It took him a moment to regain his thoughts, only barely acknowledging the world around him. He was still bundled in the corner, cuddling a familiar stuffed friend in his arms. Cuddles was the things name. The boy held it closer to himself.
"Mornin' Cuddles." the boy's voice rasped weakly through his scarf.
Suddenly, The boy felt a sudden unease within his mind. Only after a moment of listening to the silence, he got a vague answer from his friend.

Aren't ya forgetting something, Rudy?

Rudy suddenly came to the realization, but it was quickly shot down by his own thoughts. So what if I'm late He thought. It was a sad thought; The feeling of being abandoned, but he knew it would happen. Should he really cause a commotion over his own mistake? should he even try? Maybe it would be better to stay here. All alone. With his best friend. His head lolled back onto the window as he closed his eyes, falling back into the grasp of sleep. He cuddled his buddy as he looked into the dark beneath his eyelids...

Amelia RoseAmelia stopped at the cabin with a Lyn painted on the door.
"Okay Lynx's, this one is yours," she said as she unlocked the door, "Your counselor might be busy with something else."
Or he forgot, she thought. She opened the door and was immediately hit with the cool air of the a/c.
"Here you guys go. If there's anything wrong, you can use the phone in the cabin and dial 7 for the main office, and if you can't reach anyone there, dial either 5 for Jack's cabin or 6 for mine. Okay?"

Celestia Concord

b12d1cff9c5fc5d4448be9ad65831600.jpg

Interacting: Panzer Panzer
Extra Tag: Codebreaker Codebreaker
Located: On the Bus at Camp; Waking up a straggler
Celestia had lost her stuff. It was on her and then. It wasn't. She strayed from the group, missing everything that was going on and searched around for her belongings. After a good long while she went to the bus. If her stuff wasn't here....it must've been stolen. A sigh escaped her. Getting all her stuff stolen on the first day, nice going Celest. Her shoes made little noise as she snuck back onto the bus.

Her eyes swept the place and finally! there it was. A overstuffed back back and an equally overstuffed satchel. Relief filled her entire being. "Thank the Universe." she shook her head at herself for her forgetfulness. Did something...move? She peered into the next seat over. It was a kid, just, sleeping there. "Hey...Hey kid..." she shook him a bit "Kid, we're at camp.Wake up."

Elowen kept silent throughout the short hike to the Lynx cabins. From what she gathered, their counsellor didn't seem to be there at the time. That was already a bad enough first impression. Elowen oft tried her best not to judge people based on small things, but missing the first day of camp just seemed somewhat irresponsible. She picks up a bit of speed, nearly catching up with the pretty Owl counsellor playing proxy for theirs. She was almost beaming with excitement. In a couple of minutes, the posse had reached a cabin with some form of animal painted on the door. She took the initiative and assumed this was the so-called Lynx, making a stupid "missing lynx" joke in her head, which somehow turned into a laugh that came out of her mouth. Stifling it, she looks past the counsellor and towards the surprisingly tall cabin. From the outside, it gave off a sense of natural rusticness, the illusion immediately shattered the second Amelia opens the front door, bringing out a waft of chilly, unnatural, conditioned air.

At this point, Elowen was very close to the front of the group of campers but resisted from marching straight in to prevent herself seeming too noticeable. She stands aside, waiting for the first entrant.

Rudolf Nadja

Awakening

The boy blinked awake from his short slumber almost immediately as he felt reality shake around him. He jolted awake with a startled yelp, scrambling to pull up his scarf against his mouth. His body froze as he gazed into the stranger's eyes...

The boy peered shyly over the scarf that covered him, his chest huffing through his winter jacket, almost frozen from the scare that the girl had given him. It was not only the scare, but he was suddenly trusted into a social situation: His fears seemingly piled up within him. He held the scarf against his mouth and shifted his eyes about the girl, watching her in a paranoid glare.

He recalled the last fragments of what he had heard the girl tell him- what little that he could- and quickly tried to collect himself in the presence of another person. He moved his other hand across his hair as his eyes drifted to the floor of the bus, his mind lost in thought. He glanced up after a short pause to answer her: "I know." his voice cracked high and fragile, matching along with his uneasy and almost awkward answer.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Last edited:
Pence Zither

After shimmying over as per Jack's request they were given further instructions regarding what was on their itinerary for the remainder of the day. Pence took the moment to readjust the straps on his bag because they felt off.

"Well, you kids should probably go into your cabin, the one with the massive printed sloth face on the door, and get your stuff sorted after you do come to the dock near the lake immediately though, our first team building activity before the gathering, okay? Cool."
Said our designated counsellor before leaving our merry band to fend for ourselves.

"... we're actually going to die out here." he shook his head and wore his bag properly against his back and lifted the heavier duffel bag with both hands before waddling forward. His goal, for now, was simply going to be to unpack and get his ass taken care off. By which he meant scarfing down enough food to endure the remainder of the summer.

"When we get to the cabin do you guys mind if I take the lower bunk away from the door?" he heaved the question as he lugged the excess baggage around.

Irony Irony Codebreaker Codebreaker Moonie Moonie Daunting_Doggo Daunting_Doggo Alpha_Tortoise Alpha_Tortoise

Jeremy had gotten halfway to the camp when the realisation hit him - he’d forgotten his skateboard in the bus. God knew how he’s been capable of doing so, as he almost always kept it with him, but it was probably just the initial shock of everybody leaving him behind that had clouded his mind. Sighing, he turned around and walked back to the bus.

As he stepped back on, he noticed some movement in the back - a girl and some kid, who seemed quite terrified. He ran a hand through his short, red hair and put on a crooked smile, planning on looking as friendly as possible. It was no need to make enemies from the get go; there was probably gonna he people he wouldn’t like, but he wasn’t really the guy who’d seek it out. So he walked to the pair and stretched out a little before speaking: “Looks like I wasn’t the only one who got off the bus late, eh?”

Panzer Panzer AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Celestia Concord

b12d1cff9c5fc5d4448be9ad65831600.jpg

Interacting: Panzer Panzer Huxalot Huxalot
Located: On the Bus at Camp; Creating the Straggler Squad

She jumped a little as the boy woken up in a panick and backed away from her. His voice cracked as her spoke. He look scared. Poor kid. He look more like a little kid that the middle and high schoolers here.
“Well if you know then let’s get going sleepy head.” She chuckles. There weren’t any bad vibes from this kid. Only that he seemed scared and that she wanted to not seem scary. Celeste always tried to be kind to rose younger than her. God knows how many her age disregard those younger and she was not going to be one of them.

Then another voice caught her attention. It was a red headed guy. He smiled at her and the frightened kid.
“Yeah..we both sorta fell asleep.” She chucked. Though she did only come back to get her stuff Celeste felt the kid would appreciate not being alone in his napping predicament.
“Guess we’re all going to be late to everything then.” She spoke a bit soflty. The guy seemed friendly but her shyness kept her from being more outgoing in this moment.

With the children on their ways to their cabins, Adrian moved back towards his own quarters, confident in his camp councillors’ abilities.​

Rudolf Nadja

Awakening
Unwilling to speak up, the boy daintily nodded his head and lifted his cheeks from under the scarf that seemed to motion a smile; A very strange and very crooked smile. It wasn't often that he'd get this type of interaction, in fact he never would have guessed that someone would be so joking and loving around him. He felt as if her words could warm his day more than the summer sun could ever dream of. The sun against his neck (the only part that was not covered by winter apparel ) felt real and lively, reaching down into his once shy heart.

As his mind had grasped onto her words, the boy knew it was time to leave the bus. Whilst he watched the girl, he leaned back and felt under his seat for his favorite stuffed friend, which he had rudely thrown away at the beginning of the conversation. He felt as though he could trust the girl, as she didn't seem like the type to laugh at him for carrying his friend around.

A voice suddenly stung his ears, immediately taking up his attention. He glanced to the girl in confusion , and glanced over to the direction of the boy. He was beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed as people began to surround him. He couldn't describe such a feeling of unnatural and certainly unwarranted fear toward these people. It wasn't terror, nor fear, but it was a need to make himself almost non-existent. He pressed himself against the cushion in front of the seat, as if he expected to be absorbed or somehow hidden away from the other boy, purposefully avoiding his sight.

Once again, the girl continued to output the same feeling of homeliness and kindness, standing with him in his embarrassing moments, purposefully sharing the act with him. His heart bled warmth through his body, sending waves of the same feeling: undeserved flattery. He never knew he could find this type of friendship from someone other than Cuddles.

Cuddles.

He needed to find cuddles.

The strange boy then disappeared beneath the seat, looking across the dark floor. It was covered in dirty grime and dust, which soon stung his lungs. He climbed up from beneath the seat soon after, coughing and struggling to catch his breath beneath his scarf. He held both of his hands against it as he wiggled his way back onto the seat, laying himself on his back. A quick feeling of despair grasped him. Had he lost his friend? He couldn't imagine his life without Cuddles. Soon, he felt tears build up in his vision. He moved his arm over his eyes in defiance against his sadness. He couldn't cry... not in front of them. Get over it.
He's strong.
Cuddles will find his way back, right?
"I'm so sorry cuddles..."
He whispered to himself, the stray though barely leaving his lips.

As he wiped the tears from his eyes, the strange boy sat up wearily and held his head down in shame, not because of his loss, but because he couldn't let them see him in despair. He couldn't start his time like this.
He couldn't show weakness.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Huxalot Huxalot

Violet made her way to the cabin with the rest of the sloths. She sighed as she was basically forced intoma social situation thag wasn't text based. Violet carried her bag and lookes at Pence

"Sure, take it"

Is all Violet could muster as she made it to the cabin and pushed the door open, looking inside the cabin, a look of disgust on her face.

"This place fucking sucks"

Violet says with a sigh and enters the cabin flinging her bag on a bed and pulling out her phone. The cabin was warm feeling, and was very homey. But violet preffered her king size bed, memory foam mattress and fluffly covers. Comosred to that, this place was a squalor to her.

Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back