• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Welcome to Camp Crystal Pond! Beware of Wendigos

Codebreaker

Do the monster mash...
Welcome to Camp Crystal Pond!Every memory made here is crystal clear!
Enjoy Your Time Here!
With many wonderful facilities, your child will have the time of their lives! Large cabins that children can sty in comfortably, extravagant kitchens that your child won't need to miss cooking from home, and outdoor activities to make sure that every child is doing something active!
Safety is our number one priority, so you won't have to worry about your child during their stay!

The Story

Please don't allow any more open registration for the children until we figure out where these noises are coming from. I think the camp should be closed this summer
-Head Counselor

Send New Email
New Email Received
Executive Aaron Harvington
Re: Summer Camp Concerns
Head Counselor Phemmings,

I understand your concern, but unfortunately, you must go through with this summers camp. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but your camp has not been providing the required income needed to stay open. If you don't provide some source of income, I am afraid we will have to shut you down.

However, if you believe that this matter of safety will truly affect the children, I will send a security detail that I believe will make sure that the children are safe. They can work with your counselors, but also keep a look out.

I'm pretty sure that you are worrying yourself too much. The area you are in is famous for bears and mountain lions and the other wild animals out there.

Sincerely,
Aaron Harvington

Disregard my previous message. Open registration is to resume.
-Head Counselor

Campgrounds
3fe449bf938094ea33bce4319ab58919.jpg

Beautiful+Place+Wallpaper.jpg

facilities-boys-dining-hall.jpg

1.png

Important Links:
Character Sheets: Camp Crystal Pond CS
Interest Check: Welcome to Camp Crystal Pond! Beware of Wendigos
Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
Main Thread: Welcome to Camp Crystal Pond! Beware of Wendigos

Last edited:
Day 1 of Summer Camp: 1000 The bus traveled over the bumpy road, filled with children who were either excited or angered with the idea of starting summer camp. It was a few more minutes until the bus arrived at the gates to the summer camp. Above the gate were the words:
"Welcome New Campers!"
Painted on a poster. It seemed welcoming and happy, and made with love. The bus slowed down once it reached the main pavilion, where the counselors were waiting. The driver opened the doors.

Adrian’s eyes tracked the bus along its journey through the gates. His insides felt as if they were cold water, and he could feel his stomach sinking through them like a rock. The bus drew nearer, until it ran along the main pavilion. It skidded to a halt, and Adrian took a jittery skip backwards.

This was a bad idea. He had known it was a bad idea. But they dismissed his claims, pointing to bears and lions as the answer. It wasn’t bears and lions, or any other animal that roamed thee area. That was ridiculous. Those noises he’d been hearing? That didn’t come from any bear or lion. That wasn’t an animal.

And it wasn’t an animal who had eaten poor Sandy Wilson last summer, trapped under a mountain of rocks...

Nevertheless, Adrian tried for a wide smile - that he was sure looked strained and as fake as it was - when the doors to the bright-yellow bus swung open, and he welcomed the children as enthusiastically as he could.

“Welcome, Campers! Welcome to Camp Crystal Pond! That’s right, that’s right...just stay in a clump there and we’ll get introductions done with, then we can sort you all into your cabins and get started!”

Amelia RoseAmelia smiled as she watched the bus arrive to the camp site, despite the inner feeling of exhaustion and nervousness. It was her first year at this specific camp. She hoped that she fit better than at the last one. She shuddered at the thought of what happened last year at the other camp, but took the thought out of her mind. She was at a new camp now. Hopefully a better camp. She smiled and stepped forward with the list of campers and which cabin they were being assigned to.

Jerald stepped off the bus and onto the gravel. He turned toward Amelia and waved her over saying "Ma'am could you help me with this?" He back inside the bus only to roll out a computer that appeared to be from the 80's.

Codebreaker Codebreaker

Amelia RoseShe looked at the boy with all the equipment and smiled at him.
"You realize that there won't be enough space in your cabin for this?" she asked as she grabbed part of the wagon and helped him get his equipment off the bus.

"I understand. Do you know of any other place to put it so it doesn't run the risk of becoming ruined?" Jerald asked politely. Jerald could understand why she had told him this. After all it LOOKED like a computer from the 80's. Jerald continued, "Actually I only need the computer itself, but thanks for letting me know."

Amelia RoseAmelia smiled and pointed to the Lion house, where the main office was.
"Over there is where we store anything that campers aren't able to have in their cabins. It's for safety reasons, seeing as we have everything under lock and key. Also, I remember at another camp, someone had some weird device and it caught on fire and-. Sorry, I'm babbling. I do that often," she said and stopped talking.

Jerald gazed towards the building and then said, "Thank you. Although I do have the computer key and I'm not giving that up," he raised his hand which was holding a strange looking key. "Okay and when we put it in the building it'll need to have a bit to get used to the campus system," Jerald finished.

Pence Zither

At the front of the bus sat a kid so tiny his bobbled hat only just peaked over the back of his seat. With every bounce of the suspension, his head wobbled like it was only loosely attached to his neck. Then every once in a while he would disappear from view, only to bob right back up again.

This was Pence. Pence was on a bus. Huzzah.

And this bus was a clanker for sure, yet under the faded yellow paint was a classic - the shape transporting Pence back to a childhood that was never his own. Not to say he was one of those nostalgic sorts but there was 'love' in these old designs. But this throwback to something he imagined only kids in poorly scripted movies got to enjoy did have a slight novel charm.

One that wore out maybe one hour into the trip after he realised how deprived he'd be at the camp they were heading.

"Missing you already, Grandma..." he simply shook his head.

Time seemed to flow like cement.

He checked his cell for the third time in the last hour and noted the absence of even a single signal bar with an internal groan. Sitting there with nothing to stare at but the back of a seat with chipped layers of plastic and metal was excruciatingly dull and there was no telling how much longer this would take.

No more than a few hours back before the bus's veering caused him to hit his head against the very same backseat and he just hoped that nothing more than a bump resulted from the exchange.

Pence had been begging for a reprieve. Head held loosely in his hands to avoid touching the bump he swore internally. '"Just end it all", he prayed to the higher powers that be. He'd been cooped up with his heavy bag on his lap and one kid nodding off next to him for almost three hours at the last leg of their journey. There are only so many games one could play in one's mind before it started to start playing games with you.

After a couple of more minutes, the half-full bus arrived and stopped with a jerk. It's engine letting out a deep sigh of exertion even with the lesser payload.

The sun was almost its highest and beaded sweat trickled down his forehead by the time the bus stopped and they finally began disembarking. He quickly stood and began to slip past the sleepy child beside him but still ended up being only the second person to get off.

His backpack and bag occupied his hands while he struggled to avoid the rush of bodies for the exit and held back from the urge of kissing the ground once he stepped off.

Amelia RoseShe looked warily at the boy. She recalled there being something in the camp handbook that restricted campers from bringing electronic devices, save for a cell phone for emergency purposes, but shook her head.
"When orientation begins, tell the head counselor so they can put it in the office for you.I'll take it to the cabin and set it there. I don't have a key yet, so I can't get it in right now."

Jerald looked slightly disappointed and then answered saying, "Yes Ma'am. But I'm just letting you know, the computer doesn't have any sort of hard drive. Also when you activate it make sure to press the computer power switch first and then the monitor power second." Jerald reached into his backpack and pulled out a pair of binoculars that looked like they belonged in the Goonies. Jerald then put them around his neck, put on his massive hiking pack and set off to where the campers were all standing.

Caitlyn opened her eyes slowly, rubbing the sleep from them with bitten nails. She struggled to stay adrift the ocean of dramamine-induced grogginess; yes, her parents had packed that along with everything but the kitchen sink for her. Caitlyn had tried to relay the fact that she was 16 and could pack her own bags for camp, but her parents insisted that they at least "help" her, this being her first time at camp and all. Her mother's deep Irish accent played through her mind.

"Cait, don't you dare do that think where you sit in your room an read all day. You're coming to camp to make friends."

But now that the bus had screeched to a halt and the kids were all piling off the bus, she didn't want to make friends, not if they were the kind she'd had in the past. Friends that didn't understand her, frilly girls that only spoke of makeup and new movies, boys whose only concerns were of football and girls. Sure, Caitlyn enjoyed her share of shallow teenage activities - She'd even packed her makeup bag - but her mind moved much more quickly and deeply than her peers. She sighed, pushing her red curls behind one ear, grabbing her two massive duffel bags, and trudging off the bus to the rest of the children.

Amelia RoseAmelia nodded and instantly forgot all that was just told to her. She headed to the cabin, but not before walking by the head counselor.
"I'm going to put this by the office door. I don't have a key for it yet, so don't forget about it?" she said with a smile.

Irony Irony

Blake Miller
Blake exited the vehicle hastily, stepping outside into the sunlight taking a look at the treeline and near vicinity. He had wore a simple t-shirt and long pants, accompanied by a black camera strapped across his neck, he had stood silently on the desolate dusty dirt awaiting instruction. Whilst taking a glance at the other campers and counselors. He seemed to display. an enthusiastic approach to the experience and trip.

Jerald sat down on a rock and put his hiking pack beside him. He opened the top of it and pulled out an old army green box. Inside was an old yet clean set of tweezers, a spool of bandages, two syringes of what was supposed to be morphine, and an IV bag labeled ‘Plasthma’’. Under the medical supplies there was a note that read, “For my loving and curious son. Sincerely George S. Patton”. Putting the note beneath the supplies and closing the lid Jerald said, “This was for my father. He gave it to me?” He had just realized that he had said it out loud.

Jack Jacksmith
(y'all)
At dawn's break, deep inside of the eastern forest on the campgrounds, at the base of a mountain next to the lake, there was a bundle of leafs. When you look at that bundle of leafs there isn't anything really interesting about it, just how it looks a bit oval and has some littered bottles of liquor next to it, probably from some kids who got their hands on the alcohol.

Times passes by and a deer comes to drink some water from the lake, she sips of the water and clearly thinks that she had a bit much and decides to get rid of the excess amount of water she ingested and decides that specific bundle of leafs would be a great toilet. She trots up to it lifts the hind leg next to the bundle of leafs and begins to urinate on it peacefully. That peace won't be lasting long as a human rose up from the bundle of leafs looking straight at the deer in the face with a tired face;

"Excuse me ma'am can't you see some of us are trying to sleep here? Christ, you would think the wildlife would at least have the decency to let a man sleep." The deer clearly either disturbed by the sudden apparition of another being or embarrassed by her rude actions ran out of there leaving Jack to his own devices.

He sees his wake up alarm leave and then lets a big yawn, he then smells a horrid smell and realizes that he feels kinda wet. Some of the piss got through the leaves and got stuck on to his clothes. "Well I had to make a shower anyways," he says as he stands up and stretches a bit and begins the long walk to the camp.

After what seemed like 2 days of walking which was more like a 2-hour hike he arrives on the main road to the camp where he finds the buss with the new kids starting to disembark. He sighs and dusts some of the leafs of him and starts making his way to the sloth cabin.

As he passes by the bus he spots a black haired kid who clearly didn't want to be there, the types of kids who remember exactly how much time they have to spend on the bus. That makes the leaf covered, piss smelling Jack walk up to said kid and tap him on the shoulder and proceeding to ask him;

" Excuse me mate, don't worry about the fact that I look like I just came back from being a hermit in the woods, you kids wouldn't be the campers would ya? Also, fuck me the sun is bright...... I mean... uh frick."

Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Jerald put on his hiking pack and made his way up the path to the Owl cabin. Once he had arrived at the building Jerald looked at it in slight disgust and asked himself, “There’s cobwebs everywhere, there is no front porch and on top of that there isn’t place to sit down. So how is this camp still open?” He peered through the window and saw a setup near to a military style barracks. “Not much inside either,” he thought.

Violet looked out of the window of the bus, she had been on her phone for the whole journey texting her friends and moaning about how much she hated her parents for sending her here. Victoria would much rather be at civilisation spending money, than be at this dump in the middle of nowhere they called a camp. She slid her phone into her bag and stood up, strutting down and out of the bus with her head held high.

As much as she hated this place she absolutely loved the fresh air, and tje scenery wasn't all that bad. Victoris looked around and studied the various children and adults that were congregating. And with that she joined them, once again opening up her phone and texting away

Amelia RoseAmelia walked up to the front of the crowd.
"Excuse me, everyone, can I have your attention?"

Jerald looked at Amelia and waited. He was momentarily unsure about what she wanted their attention for but then instantly remembered. “The meeting.” With a slightly tired look Jerald continued to gaze at her. Unfazed momentarily by the sunlight.

Caitlyn had found a spot to sit on the edge of the clump of campers. She was sitting on top of on of her duffel bags, just about to open her copy of Little Women, when a young woman, probably a counselor at the front of everyone, asked for their attention. She noticed a camper who looked like he was her age with a wary, slightly bored expression on his face. She saw this expression on other campers' faces as well; Specifically a blond girl absorbed into her phone, as well as a slender young man with black hair, staring aimlessly at the ground. Caitlyn reluctantly put her book back into the bag below her and looked to the announcer at the front.

Malakai Ambrose
The rumbling of the bus came to a close, letting Malakai's head rest on the window coated in condensation without disturbance. He kept the charade of himself sleeping until he saw everyone else leave the bus. A large sigh blew from his lips, his fingers pinching the the corner of his eyes to relieve the stress he experienced on the journey to the camp.
He never was a character to go out into the unknown, he even rarely left his house back home, only delegating time to the outside when it was needed. Perfectly content within the warm embrace of his thick, heated bedsheets, Malakai was essentially locked in his room, though the padlock was on his side of the door. He made time for his family as he values them the most, but when it came to 'friends', he often tried to distance himself from them, hoping to break their relationships off. He just did not enjoy company, no matter who it came from or what it involved. A avid reader, he was accustom to jumping within the pages of the books he read, leaving reality behind and living the life of anyone from a strong, noble knight, charged with keeping protection over a whole kingdom, to the most measly, wimpy nerd who just struggled to get through a day in his school life without encountering bullies.
Since he had little relations with anyone at his school, he was unfamiliar with the nature of a bully. Well, along with every highschool trope which attended his college, he preferred his blind ignorance than any other option.

Lifting his rucksack, full of nothing but his favorite works of literature and bare essential hygiene implements, over his shoulder, Malakai takes his leave off the vehicle. As the boy steps across the freshly trimmed grass, he lifts the collar of the windbreaker he dons to cover his mouth and nostrils, fighting the smell he found ever so putrid.
Taking a look around the fellow campers, his eyes almost rolled to the back of his head, his mind fighting itself for even agreeing to come.

Malakai drops his rucksack beside him after he takes a seat on the grass, his bare calves laying over the dew.
"Miss you bruv." He murmured beneath his jacket, recognizing the bond he shares with his brother.

Amelia RoseShe looked to make sure she had a majority of the children's attention and spoke loud for everyone to hear.
"My name is Amelia Rose, Designated counselor of the Owl Cabin. I teach archery from 1100 to 1300 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I do Nature walks starting at 1500 every day with walks going off every hour. I know that you just had a long trip, but before we send you to lunch and orientation, you just need to go to your cabins. So, one by one, I will announce the cabin, the designated counselor, and who is in which cabin. First up is The Lynx Cabin, Led by Jay Ward."
She motions towards Jay.

Quillicious Quillicious

Wigfrid Dagenhart
Wigfrid scowled at the back of the bus, not interested in the other kids. They all looked the same anyway. Unlike her, with two ginger braids, thick as ropes hanging over her ears. She was wearing soft beige fur vest, leather leggings and deerskin boots; things that she wasn't about to stop wearing even in 2017. 'It looks way better than hoodies with cat designs anyway', she thought. Family traditions are awesome.

The bus was slowly edging to a stop, so Wigfrid took notice in the forested area around them. It was summer, so the hunting season in the woods was sure to cheer her up. Only thing: councillors. They'd be sure to have some cliche stuff brewed up. Scoffing, Wigfrid rolled her eyes and swung her backpack (full of totally necessary things) over her shoulder as the kids began shuffling out of the bus.

Wigfrid's blue eyes quickly located the blonde lady calling everyone to herself- must be her cabin's leader or something.At least her attire was pretty. By the time she reached them by pushing past the kids quite roughly, the lady was calling another person over.

'' First up is The Lynx Cabin, Led by Jay Ward!''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back