• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Tutorial Webcomic help

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Had some ideas that I feel can work as a novel or comic. Wanted to ask online here if anyone has done anything similar... professional or as a hobby.
I haven't any knowledge in regards to where I would post said comic online or what technology
(devices apps whatever) I'd need to do this on any level aha apart from MS paint.

If anyone has some advice, suggestions please let me know.

Hi! I'm working on a webcomic too ( unpublished). Though I'm by no means a professional, I'd let you know that Webtoon has the larger audience for webcomics and more audience interaction. Tapas is also prominent but it appears slightly more niche, both are homes to great comics and it might be beneficial for you to post on both sites until you decide to use one exclusively (if you so choose).

I think many webcomic artists are using Procreate on an iPad, Photoshop, and Clip Studio Paint. I hear Clip Studio is well suited for webcomics because it has more comic-relevant features like speech bubbles and certain brush textures. Those programmes cost money, Procreate being the cheapest (I think a one time payment of $10). For all except Procreate, which is an app, you'll need a graphics tablet. I recommend the brand Wacom. 😄

There are also lots of great free art programmes, such as Fire Alpaca, Krita and Autodesk Sketchbook. Also Gimp.

I've only ever used Paint Tool Sai version one, which isn't great for comics because it's difficult to put text into an image, but I really like how it colours. I hear good things about version two also! It costs about $50 USD I think.

That's about all I know, I hope I could help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back