• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom WCA One-Shot Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Kimona

Watermelon king
This will be the place to post all one-shots involved with this rp and school.
This area is N O T For roleplaying. One-shots ONLY.

Fallen Lily

March 2018 - Japan Post Safehouse, Osaka

It was early morning in a commercial street as a large armored van made its way towards the alley entrance of a large glass building. Those streets would be busy with a large stream of workers on their way to their offices in about an hour, but at the moment, it was still largely deserted, a ghost town with a few lost souls left to wander, seemingly without goal.
The van parked in front of a large metal garage where one of its passengers, an armed security guard, went to the entrance and activated a command to lift it open. Inside, he was met with a group of civilians in business clothes. They were lowly employees of the bank of Japan, tasked with trivial jobs like handling mail, files and, of course, the ATM money. A few of them promptly headed out for the van and started to collect the bags of cash from its truck while the guards watched. Just another day at the job… So far, at least.
“Hey, you!” One of the guards shouted at a cloaked figure as it wandered a bit too close for comfort to the moving operation. “Move away, this is private property!”
When the figure failed to comply, the man took out his gun and pointed it towards the face of the person, unlocking his gun to up the intimidation factor. Though their head was still mostly obscured, he could see their mouth, and it seemed to belong to a teenage girl.
“This is your last warning. Back away or I’ll shoot!”
That's when the mouth he was seeing twisted into a grin.

At the very next moment, a hand sprouted from the cloak, grabbed it and hurled it into the air; a gunshot was heard next, and all the heads turned toward the source. That girl was none other than Raven Palmer, clad in her coat and mask, holding the guard at gunpoint with his own gun and with her saber at the hilt.
“Good morning, my dearests!“ she added with the last bit in perfect American English. “Today, you'll have the honor of getting robbed by the Black Lily. Put your hands up or you'll get shot!”
Despite her warning, the remaining three guards immediately pulled up their guns and made aim for her. She replied by kicking the gun-less guard towards them and disappearing behind the armored van. Well-trained as they were, the security staff took half covers and split their aims between the two sides of the vehicle without uttering a word of command, ready to open fire at each side on the slightest provocation.
But Raven happened to have a third option they weren't aware of; by scaling the back of the van in record speed, she made a daring skewed leap over it and fired three shots while still at the peak of her jump. The first two guards had a bit of their face exposed and were instantly taken down by a bullet on that spot, while the third one hid a little better and was shot in his gun hand. Raven finally landed with ease and turned her back at the guards to head into the building without caring to finish them off.
The inside of Japan Post’s office was spacious and dark, with several tall archives, a main elevator and a large safe door which laid open for its precious inner room because of the transfer operation. Finally, there was a big red alarm button near the wall for cases just like the one currently happening, though risking your life to press it was easier said than done.
Unarmed and cornered, the rest of the staff were understandably paralyzed in fear as the teen strutted her way across them. There was one brave soul, however, who found it in them to try and make their way to the alarm. When the brave employee was almost there, he tripped and fell, landing just a few feet from his goal. The man was expecting to catch a bullet or perhaps a blade to the throat. Instead, he was met with a hand offering help.
“Oh, you want to sound the alarm?” Raven asked softly. “Please, by all means.” She pulled the confused man up by the hand and placed it over the button on the wall. While encouraging him with a malicious grin, she added: “Go on, call the heroes. But I hope you understand that they'll never make it in time. In the real world, helping others is nothing more than a pompous way of caressing one’s own ego. The only way you'll be safe is by getting strong yourself.”
Raven eventually grew bored of waiting and went towards the main safe without glancing at him again; moments later, the alarm sounded, but she kept completely unfazed as she disappeared into the safe room.
The two surviving guards made their way inside shortly after that. They headed towards each side of the safe rooms entrance and took cover over it, still shaking and sweating from the events that had just occurred. One of them, the one who wasn't wounded yet, held his fallen colleague’s bloody gun in his hand.
“Shiro, your arm…” He said to the other guard. “You need to run into cover and get the wound stabilized! I’ll hold her off.”
“I can't leave you alone with that villain.” Shiro replied with sudden resolve. “Not after what she did to Akechi and Garou. My arm will be fine!”
The little moment between the guards was rudely interrupted when a big black cash bag slided towards their way. They looked at each other for a moment, nodding in agreement, and stormed into the safe room to face their fears. Much for their surprise, however, no one was there.
From the cash bag, Raven popped up and shot both guards on their legs, only then jumping out of her makeshift disguise. Next, the burglar filled the bag with actual money and calmly dragged her winnings towards the exit, all while still surrounded in shocked and terrified employees.
“Shiro!” Called the guard as he held his colleagues hand. He himself was kneeling down with a wound on his leg. “Stay with me!”
“I don't think I can get up, Yuji.” He replied. “But I'll live. Give it up, we've done everything we could…”
“No! I refuse to let her go like this!”
Mustering a truly impressive willpower, the last guard pulled himself up and dragged his way towards the girl, then leaned on a wall and pointed his shaky hand with the gun towards her in a last ditch effort to stop the robbery. At this point, however, Raven wasn't pleased anymore by his behavior. She glanced at him with a scowl and said:
“That's enough already. You're just being stupid now. Can you even take the shot in the state you are? You're probably going to end up killing a civilian over it.” Upon getting no answer, she turned over completely and glared at him, asking: “So what is it going to be? Your honor, or your values?”
“Neither! Because your villainy ends here.”
That voice… There's no way.
A chill as cold as siberian winter ran through Raven's spine when she turned around at the source of the voice. Her eyes widened in pure terror as her deepest, darkest fears took form right before her: Hurricane Tsubaki. Top 5 amongst heroes in Japan, completely undefeated in the recent years. The one who murdered her friends in cold blood and got away with it. And now she was back to haunt her some more… And with a gigantic Claymore to boot.
“Hurricame Tsubaki… It’s been a while since we last met.”
“Has it? I think I’d remember such a troublesome little youngster.”
Raven's blood boiled when she heard Tsubaki’s words. And to think she'd have the nerve to forget it all! She took her gun and fired the last round on the clip at her heart; Tsubaki didn't even flinch as the bullet stopped just before hitting her and bounced back at the shooter from a shockwave blast. Raven couldn't see the bullet coming, yet her body did the job for her and twisted itself away from the projectile before it connected, instantly shifting into a dash as she unsheathed her saber to fight.
“This is where you fall, Tsubaki-chan!” Raven yelled, purposely calling her by the wrong honorific to taunt her. “By the murderous hands that you stained first!”
Raven swung at Tsubaki, to which she answered by putting her claymore on the way and blocking the swing, still rigid and calm like a stone coast holding off the sea’s breaking waves. The hero slowly walked backwards as she blocked every swing Raven tried to make at her, all small movements to cover the various leaps and tricky swings and maneuvers her opponent performed to try and find an opening.
Even then, though, Raven could sense that her foe wasn't even putting much effort in it; not only the hero wasn't attacking, she wasn't even trying to push the assailant back as she parried. Raven got angrier and more reckless by the second, but still wasn't met with the slightest resistance up to the moment she stopped to step back and regain her breath.
“What are you doing?” Raven spouted between puffs. She’d rather get defeated in single blow than face this unnecessary humiliation. “Why aren't you fighting back?”
“Because I don't have to.”
As she said that, Tsubaki glanced at Raven's abdomen, to which the girl followed with her own eyes. Right there, just above the waist, there was a bullet wound, an exit one at that. She put her hand over it and felt the pain, then glanced at the ground and found little pools of blood all across the path she took during the fight. Looking back, she saw the guard was still standing. He had taken the shot, likely about the same time Tsubaki reflected the bullet, and she didn't even feel a thing until it was too late.
By the time Raven understood everything and looked forward again, her sight was already getting dark, and her movements, feeble. She collapsed forward right into Tsubaki’s arms; though she softened the fall, her expression was harsh and cold, a lot unlike what Raven remembered that day. The last thing the girl heard before she fainted was a warning that poked straight at the still gaping wound inside her heart:
“There's no escaping the crimes you commit.”
We will see about that, Tsubaki. We sure will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back