Waterdeep: Dragon Heist OOC

ArcticFox

Dreamer
Hello everyone.

Feel free to discuss the RP or ask any questions here! I've made the starting post of the RP, so please first submit your character sheets here:
Fantasy - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Characters and then go and make the first post here: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

If you want to roll for something (without me asking to in the main RP thread), please notify here first.

Felix Felix Powgow Powgow Cartoonicat Cartoonicat

clarinetti clarinetti Not sure if you are interested still, if you are please submit a character (PM it to me first) today, as we have started it off.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Feel free to discuss the RP or ask any questions here! I've made the starting post of the RP, so please first submit your character sheets here:
Fantasy - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Characters and then go and make the first post here: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

If you want to roll for something (without me asking to in the main RP thread), please notify here first.

Felix Felix Powgow Powgow Cartoonicat Cartoonicat

clarinetti clarinetti Not sure if you are interested still, if you are please submit a character (PM it to me first) today, as we have started it off.

Hey there, pardon the late reply: just seeing your message now. I know it's a tad late, but I could PM you a CS later this evening if you're willing to take a look at it still. Let me know whether that works for you or not, thanks.

Hey there, pardon the late reply: just seeing your message now. I know it's a tad late, but I could PM you a CS later this evening if you're willing to take a look at it still. Let me know whether that works for you or not, thanks.

Of course, the first replies just started, you are on time still!

Boo isn't going to join the fight, but can she use this opportunity to try and pickpocket some of the people in the crowd?

ArcticFox ArcticFox
Quick Question: Forgot to check before posting, but if I want to ready/ make an action, should I explicitly state it (Ie: Action: Ready Spell) or is it fine to just indicate it IC?

ArcticFox ArcticFox
Quick Question: Forgot to check before posting, but if I want to ready/ make an action, should I explicitly state it (Ie: Action: Ready Spell) or is it fine to just indicate it IC?

If it is needed to roll a die for it then please indicate it specifically. Like strength / dex / charisma checks that you want to do without me asking you to do it. No need to specifically say it for readying spells or moving somewhere.

Also I won't be counting your action/movement points, we'll just use common sense. Obviously you can't move from one end of the room to the other in one action if there are enemies between you, or cast 10 spells at the same time, but anything that makes sense is fine.

If it is needed to roll a die for it then please indicate it specifically. Like strength / dex / charisma checks that you want to do without me asking you to do it. No need to specifically say it for readying spells or moving somewhere.

Also I won't be counting your action/movement points, we'll just use common sense. Obviously you can't move from one end of the room to the other in one action if there are enemies between you, or cast 10 spells at the same time, but anything that makes sense is fine.
Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up!

Pretty sure I rolled that correctly... right? Let me know if not, I'm still getting used to dice rolling on the forums.

Hey everyone, we have a new player joining us! findinmyself findinmyself They'll post their character and be swept up into the bar fight as well so you can all get together.

Powgow Powgow As soon as you do your rolls we'll throw the new guy in and proceed with the fight.

clarinetti clarinetti and everyone else: when attacking please roll one die to Hit, 1 die for damage and if you are doing any special actions along (like Alma casting a spell) roll another die for spellcasting. To hit its usually d20, for damage it depends on your weapon (d6, d8, maybe even 2 dice). If you are unsure of which dice to use, let me know!

clarinetti clarinetti and everyone else: when attacking please roll one die to Hit, 1 die for damage and if you are doing any special actions along (like Alma casting a spell) roll another die for spellcasting. To hit its usually d20, for damage it depends on your weapon (d6, d8, maybe even 2 dice). If you are unsure of which dice to use, let me know!
Ah, sorry about that- thanks for letting us know. I was under the impression we only had to roll dice for spells if it's a ranged attack/ specifies it in the description (Rather than for buffs/healing). I'll edit my post accordingly.

Last edited:
Ah, sorry about that- thanks for letting us know. I was under the impression we only had to roll dice for spells if it's a ranged attack/ specifies it in the description (Rather than for buffs/healing). I'll edit my post accordingly.
No problem at all, I didn't explain it anyway.

ArcticFox ArcticFox Do you have a map of the battlefield? I want to cast Sleep on my next turn, but I am not sure where to place it. If you don't have one, just assume I tried to hit as many flies as possible.

ArcticFox ArcticFox Do you have a map of the battlefield? I want to cast Sleep on my next turn, but I am not sure where to place it. If you don't have one, just assume I tried to hit as many flies as possible.

I don't. There's no need to be too technical, it's a forum RP, has to be simplified. Just describe what you are doing with the Sleep spell and all is fine.

Felix Felix Cartoonicat Cartoonicat Powgow Powgow findinmyself findinmyself
Any of you guys have a fire spell by chance for the troll? If not, our best chance to light it on fire might be to use a tinderbox (maybe dampen a rag with alcohol before lighting it and tossing it)? What do you guys think?

Milon was onto something with that beer. 😆

But yeah, I don't think anyone has any fire starting spells. Hope someone remembered to bring a tinderbox! If not, the Yawning Portal has a kitchen and there's always fire in the kitchen.

I don't, but I was thinking of using illusions of fire to simply scare the troll back into the hole.
Mm, that’s an option- I know they’re vulnerable to fire but wasn’t sure if they’re particularly frightened by it that they’d flee? It’s worth a go though- if it’s possible, maybe we could make a wall of fake fire to corral it to the well?

Tinderboxes/ torches are included in explorer/ priest packs though, so IMO improv Molotov seems like a decent bet,

I’d like to hear what the others think though before writing a post.

I think I'm going ahead with some illusion anyways, but I'll make it a smaller one to allow you guys to try a different strategy.

Ah! Sorry for not replying here, I didn't realize I hadn't enabled notifications. Boo has a candle, a tinderbox, string if needed, and a flask of oil. It could be quite destructive!

Edit: I'm replying now.

I don't have any fire damage or anything like that except for the things in the pack, and I think pulling them out takes another action. I figured that aggravating whatever fire already there would be faster.

Users who are viewing this thread