• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Warriors; Meet me in the Woods

mldna

Meme lover

"I took a little journey to the unknown,

and I come back changed, I can feel it in my bones.

I f-cked with forces that our eyes can't see.

Now the darkness got a hold on me."

Four cats picked by StarClan, born into a destiny they could not have foreseen. The forest has long been decaying, longer than the current leader of ThunderClan has been alive - and longer than the one before him. It comes in bursts, trees hollowing out due to rot, or holes opening up where the ground had been solid only days before.

But now, the forest is dead. What little prey had been hanging around is slowly leaving the area, dipping away into areas that belong to no clans. Each clan is suffering in its' own way - RiverClan is drying up, WindClan is suffering from landslides and ShadowClan can feel the Thunderpaths inching ever closer. Even StarClan itself has begun to fade, the skies above filled with smoke and fog from two-legs. They can only promise one thing -
"We will follow."

And so, those four cats must now follow their destiny - one from each clan, chosen to go on a journey to find a new home. Along the way, what will become of those who were picked and those who were left behind?

Characters:

ThunderClan; Wolfsong - Female - mldna

RiverClan; N/A - Male - pawz

WindClan; N/A - Female - sleipnir

ShadowClan; N/A - Male - superboi

"Young Wolfsong, the stars have spoken to me. We have to find a new home - or, rather, you must find us a new home, with cats from the other clans. Find somewhere that we can thrive and return to us." The words rang through her head as her claws dug into the dirt below her. It had been only one day since the announcement had been made in ThunderClan who had been picked by StarClan to go on the journey - one which no cat knew where it would lead. StarClan could only promise that there would be signs showing they were going the correct way. Some of the message had been cut off as the starry cats faded away into the darkness, leaving ThunderClan's medicine cat staring into nothingness. How terrifying it must have been, to watch their ancestors growing even more distant.

Blinking her amber eyes, the gray cat peered up at the sky above. The stars had long grown invisible, the sky a bright orange as the sun peaked above the dead trees. Below a sky that had once seemed to sing, the young cat felt small and scared. Were her ancestors still looking down at her, or had they vanished for good? Forcing herself to shake the cobwebs that settled in her skull, Wolfsong stretched her paws out in front of her, scratching her claws down a lone rock. She had set out for the meeting spot early in the morning, before the sun had risen, truly not willing to bid her clanmates goodbye one more time. The terrified look in Goldentongue's eyes when she bid the warrior goodbye had nearly broken her heart - after all, Goldentongue had practically raised her from a kit, after her mother passed away. Wolfsong wondered how pained her leader was now - was she staring out at the glowing sky, sending her good hopes? Or was she still asleep, sides rising and falling peacefully as slumber held her in its' grips.

With a low grunt, Wolfsong turned her amber eyes back to the path that lie ahead. The clans had agreed its' chosen ones would meet in a select location, near the river that run through RiverClan. She picked her way carefully through a patch of thorns - it seemed to be the one plant that refused to die. A few tugged at her fur and she let out a low hiss of frustration, pushing forward before letting out a slow breath. Getting frustrated at such a small thing felt unnatural to her, but the past moons had been incredibly stressful. With a glance over her shoulder, she took a moment to scan her eyes over everything she could see. Would she ever see this home again? What if she did not return from this journey? StarClan could not promise that they would all survive it - or that any of them would. There was no guarantee that she would be one of them lucky enough to make it to the end. Wolfsong shook her head and continued onward to the meeting spot, finding herself to be the first one to arrive. As she had some time, she sat on the very edge of her territory, listening for prey in the bushes. Alas, there seemed to be nothing, her stomach growling lowly in hunger.

A cinnamon and white tabby, also doubtful, was making her way toward the meeting place. Chasmpaw had not been expecting this. She was not what she imagined StarClan would send as a valiant hero to save her Clan. But then, she thought, it seemed likely that she wasn't. Rather, Chasmpaw speculated that she was not chosen and her Clan leaders lied when they sent her, hoping she would not make it back — hoping if she slipped away, her wealth of secrets would go, too, and the network within and without the Clans, full of creeping spies, would crumble.

She slowed as she made out the outline of Wolfsong, and called out a greeting. Clearly, ThunderClan had a real warrio to send, not an apprentice.

Thorntail approached the meeting place, how his mother missed him. Thorntail shook away these thoughts, he had a destiny to fulfill. Arriving Riverclan's territory. He hadn't payed much attention to the Shadowclan leader, Twistedstar, Twistedstar had a twisted paw, which was his name's origin. Thorntail finally found the river where the chosen cats were supposed to meet. He saw that Thunderclan and Windclan had already gotten to the river. Thorntail had never seen the two cats near the river, He asked for their names, "May I have your names? I am Thorntail, the chosen one, from Shadowclan." He tried his best to be polite, he was going to be stuck with these 2 other cats for a long time. One of them was even an apprentice, looking at the weak body build she had, Thorntail wondered if Starclan had made an mistake.

(Sorry for the relatively short post, just got back from vacation, and it's only the beginning of the roleplay! ;3)

"I am Chasmpaw," she replied, noting the tom's scrutiny. "Pleasure to meet you. Tell me, how is your deputy? Well, I hope?" She inquired suddenly, flicking one ear with an inquisitive expression. She paused a moment to check the wind, wondering if maybe she could catch the scent of their RiverClan companion or not yet, before turning her attention back to Thorntail.

Legends, destinies, heroes, prophecies. These where among the many things that Nightfang didn't ever ever think he would be apart of. The black cat had always thought of himself as a simple cat not meant to do anything 'legendary'. So of course when the clan leader had called him out as the so called 'chosen one' for the prophecy he actually mewed in surprise. But of course he couldn't do anything about it, except for to accept and come to the meeting place, though after he gave a few tearful but silent goodbyes. His father being all too happy to see Nightfang gone on some deadly adventure. Nightfang shook his head ridding the thoughts and clearing his mind as he remained hidden in the shadows as he had been doing since the first cat arrived. His wet fur clung to him slightly from his swim across the river, what seemed like ages ago. After a quick lick on his paw, he stepped out of the shadows just enough to be seen, remaining as always silent and on the edge of the group.

Wolfsong let out a slow breath as, one by one, the cats began to arrive from their clans. The first to come was a young cat - she had to be an apprentice - and for a moment, the Warrior was unsure. Had StarClan really picked this cat? Flicking one ear, she forced the uncertainties out from her head. If the young cat - Chasmpaw, she had said? - was here, then Wolfsong was going to be happy to travel with her. Bowing her head as Thorntail introduced himself, the gray cat offering a warm smile.

"My name is Wolfsong, of ThunderClan," she introduced. Her attention was brought to the RiverClan warrior that arrived, his fur clinging to his body. Clearly he had come across the river, water droplets staining the dirt and turning it to small puddles of mud. "It's very nice to properly meet all of you."

Nightfang simply nodded, his stance tall and straight, and his tail flicking back and forth behind him."Nightfang, Riverclan." He stated simply, before resuming his natural silence. His eyes scanned the cats surrounding him. He didn't question the apprentice much, knowing StarClan work in mysterious ways. His left ear flicked slightly as he adjusted his stance slightly, his paws becoming muddy from the wet dirt. This group looked both fierce and non-threatening, leaving the black cat with no real prediction on how things could turn out for this prophecy.

Thorntail was surprised by Chasmpaw's sudden question, "Our deputy is alright." Thorntail replied, being a bit suspicious. Pushing the conservation away from his mind, Thorntail was getting impatient, waiting for Riverclan's chosen one. Thorntail smelled a Riverclan scent, "So we're all here, let's get this done with." He announced, after Nightfang, and Wolfsong engaged in conservation. Why do I feel something bad is going to happen..

(First person thoughts! Yay. Sorry for the short post again, promise I will do better in the bulk of the RP.)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Good to hear." Chasmpaw stood up, shaking her coat. "Now, let's get going, shall we? Time wasted isn't well spent." She was eager to get going now, curious as to what lay beyond their familiar home. Where would their journey end? Mountains? Bogs? Perhaps things she could never imagine waited for them, perhaps something just like this. For once, she was without knowledge. Chasmpaw was a bit surprised to find she was looking forward to a journey well beyond her control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back