• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom WarCraft - War of the Ancients

Raziel

Keeper of Secrets

Last edited:
War of the Ancients
Act I
As the Night Rained Fire
~The Prologue~

fire_by_shaedsofgrey.jpg

Princess Nyra Morningdew looked up into the sky, as black, smoldering clouds consumed their beautiful stars. With fists clenched, the princess gazed upon her city, using her magic to locate pockets of dark energies that were appearing all around. Behind her were the light footsteps of the Captain of the Guard, Arlia Leafblade. "What news, Arlia?"

"Princess, hostile forces have arrived in multiple small groups around the city. My guards have them contained but there is no telling how long they will last. The demons are coming from small portals which seem to be limiting how many they can put through at a time. This is to our benefit, for now, but I fear it is only going to get worse," the captain explained.

"Do tell," Nyra said, stepping off the balcony in her palace.

"Our knowledge of the enemy is limited to what the Resistance has shared with us. So far, we seem to be battling basic infantry. We have no way of knowing who is responsible for these portals, so I suspect that we'll have more trouble coming up soon," Arlia said, her expression ever so slightly expressing a sense of doubt.

"Have we any reinforcements nearby? Can we fight this attack?" Nyra asked, stepping into the center of her personal quarters.

"No, my princess. We have not been able to make contact with the waystations or the Resistance forces and if more demons do come, then we will not be able to hold them for long," the captain said. The tone in Arlia's voice was assured, answering any follow up questions the princess may have on the matter.

Silence filled the room, only to be disturbed by a burst of green light from upon the balcony. A small portal opened and coming through was a hideous creature, the likes neither Nyra nor Arlia had ever seen. A being with black flesh, split apart all across its body with demonic flames pouring from the crevasses. Black armor, darker than the darkest of nights, masked the creature's head and covered its hands and waist. Flaming wings rose from its back as it spread its arms out as if in warm welcome. "You cannot hide from the flame, little elf," the demon says in a hellish and grotesque voice. "You will burn with your city and your world!"

While the demon gloated over its alleged power, Nyra grabbed Arlia by the shoulder and raised her other hand high. In a bright flash of arcane energy, the two teleported away to the ground level of the palace. There, several guards seemed to be poised for combat, as news of the demons' arrival had spread like wildfire. "We need to get out of here," Nyra whispered, more to herself than anyone. "Guards! The palace has been compromised. The Warrior's Court is the most defensible. We'll make our stand there and give our people a way out of the city."

"There's no way out of the city through the Court, my princess," Arlia protested.

"Arlia, take half of these guards to Starveil Academy. Bring me Headmaster Liseran La'zhera and those students. Liseran and I can weave a portal out of the city and -" Princess Nyra was cut off by the sound of a thunderous crash, somewhere nearby. To their astonishment, a demon comprised of rock and fire rose up and with a single fist, crushed the wall that stood before it.

"Princess!" Arlia yelled, snapping Nyra out of her trance of awe.

"Gather the academy and get them to the Warrior's Court. We shall organize our evacuation from there. And Arlia! May Elune light your path," the princess said before teleporting herself and her guardsmen off to the Warrior's Court while Arlia took off with her own guards in pursuit of the academy.

Arlia Leafblade lead her guards to the entrance of Starveil Academy, meeting with Headmaster Del'thurien. Apparently a demonic portal had opened up within the Headmaster's Library, which the demons had locked and are using as a center to concentrate their power. As they spoke about the situation, however, two circular portals flashed open in front of the school. After commanding her guardsmen to handle the portals, she turned to Del'thurien and told him that she was heading within the school to stop the infestation of demons. Del'thurien alerted her that most of the students had already fled to the safety of the Warrior's Court but there was still a small group of students within the academy.

"Del'thurien, lock me within the academy. If I fail, I don't want those demons to leave this campus to terrorize the rest of our city," Arlia commanded.

"Captain, I will be locking my students within. I cannot do that!" the headmaster protested.

"I will see to their safety or die trying. Now go! I have a way to get out of the academy when we're done here." Without another word, Arlia turned and ran into the school's doors. Behind her the doors slammed shut and the sound of magic sealing the exit was audible. There was no turning back from this point. As she stared ahead, she saw the students that Del'thurien had spoke about running towards the front doors of the academy. "Damnit..." she muttered to herself. "You are students here, yes?" she asked as they passed by her, her presence and tone very commanding as she walked to the other end of the entry room, opposite the gathering of students.

Last edited:
Faeryn Moonbloom
Mana: 5/5
HP: 14/14

Running. What else could she do? These hideous creatures burst in and immediately started spreading destruction, while more filed out behind the first! Some attempted to attack but the brutes quickly outnumbered us. Faeryn dashes with the other students towards the exit. She had an urge to protect and heal them should they need it. She almost makes it out the doors, but skids to a stop as the doors close and a warrior enters.

Faeryn gathers herself behind the other students, making sure to allow herself a clear view down the corridor of which she ran. What were those things? They appeared from portals without anyone channeling from this side. She's seen mages teleport before, but these monsters' magics look nothing like she's ever seen. She glances warily at the locking of the doors, but after hearing the woman's commands, she understood the captain's intent. She examines this commander, immediately trusting in her own kind especially since it's clear she's here to help.

While perceiving who she might be, Faeryn answers her concise and clearly, "Yes, we are students here!"

Last edited:
Az'Belor Darkclaw
HP: 22/22
Stamina: 5/5
"I will not idly do nothing as monsters tear this place down!" Az'Belor announced to the other students in the room as they approached the exit, some of them cowering, afraid or confused. Drawing his somewhat blunt squire's short swords, his grip tightening in anticipation. He swore he would protect this city, how long had he been training for a day just like this? His Shan'do, the one he had squired for, for many years, had left some time ago to visit another city; Az'Belor now worried for the Keeper's safety, though it seemed his own safety might be worth thinking of at this time.

"What are these things? Creature's wielding the magic of nature, and yet they burn everything in their path?" He could only help but get lost in the thought of it, until suddenly the door opened.
"Fandu-dath-belore?" He announced toward the entering individual, wondering who it was, preparing to step into action.
Thankfully it was just who they needed at this time, and experienced warrior, Captain Arlia he believed her name was. Her entrance had caused the group to freeze in anticipation, though the sounds of the magic seal were obvious, especially to those versed in the arcane, as Az'Belor was.

Stepping forward, he approached the captain, though still keeping some distance.
"Captain." He saluted. "The demons won't stop coming, what is your plan?" He questioned, glancing between her face and the door, why had it been sealed behind her? Just what was going on?

Alyasia Windsong
HP: 11/11

Alyasia had to practically be dragged towards the exit. This was unbelievable, the city was under assault, the very trees and earth itself was being corrupted by the very touch of these foul abominations. And she was told to run!? If it were not a direct order from her Shan'do she never would have accepted this. These beasts deserved to be torn apart, to feel the full fury of nature cast upon them. Was this not her purpose, to defend nature and destroy any who would dare to defile it!? Not only that, but she should have been with her Shan'do. He took her under his wing when no one else would, and she abandoned him to death. It left a sick feeling in her stomach. At least the Highborne Keeper felt similarly.

The Druid stopped when they reached the door, turning back to look down the hall she had run down with her fellow students. Screams still echoed down it, of fellow students and teachers alike. Damn it all, she couldn't leave them. It didn't matter if she died, as long as she died fighting!

Before she had a chance to rush back towards an early grave however, the entrance suddenly burst open, causing her sapphire blue hair to swirl about as she prepared to cast nature's wrath at whatever manner of creature dared show its maw. The spell died in her hand however as she saw it was no foe, but Captain Arlia. Perhaps she was here to rally a defense? If so it was about damn time!

"Elune-Adore." Alyasia stated to the captain, not bothering with any salute or bow like some others. Something told her by the noises going on outside, that they were no longer running. Good, only been running for a few minutes and already had enough of it.

"Indeed, we are students of this crumbling establishment. Are we to actually do something about it?" There was a savage glint in her amber colored eyes, clearly tired of running and eager to exact some vengeance on whatever hellish creatures dared to assault her people, and nature itself.​

Dalius Crowhammer
HP: 19/19

The young vindicator squire had rushed through main hall of the academy, keeping the rear of the group safe, using the width of his broadsword as a make-shift shield, blocking bolts of fire thrown from the devils that pursued them. Once they reached the primary entrance to the academy, he urged his friends through quickly, before shutting the double-door behind him and joining his friends. As he did, however, he saw the magical light on the other side sealing the door closed as an elven guard walked through them. She was an officer to be sure and his attention was captured. "We are the students of this academy, yes, but I'm afraid there isn't much left of it."

He looked at his classmates that had stepped up to challenge the invaders, taken somewhat by surprise at their eagerness to rush back into the fray. Noble, to be sure, but a seemingly unwise decision. "I want to see these demons purged as anyone else, but Starveil is lost. I think it would be best to seek others in need of our aid." As the squire of a vindicator, the most important value was the protection of the innocent. He, too, wanted to fight, but he did not think this was the time nor the place to engage the enemy. He could still hear the sound of his master battling an immense demon that ran a tainted blade through the veteran's chest. The senior vindicator choking on his dying breath resonated within Dalius's mind which gave him pause before considering returning to the fight.

Thalysara Sagemoon
HP: 12/12

Thalysara kept running on ahead of the group, staying light on her feet until they reached the main entrance of the academy. Her hood was down, for once, as she bolted towards the inner door that would lead to the main entrance to the school. Upon her arrival, however, she noticed a night elf warrior walk through and the door was being assaulted with magical energies. "What is going on here?" Thalysara asked in desperate anger. When the guard-captain asked her if she was a student, she felt blind-sided. Who cared? They needed to go. The priestling and the vindicator squire seemed suspicious and anxious of the new face in their midst and Thalysara was in alignment. Especially when Dalius made the remark about helping others who could be saved instead of fighting a lost battle within the academy.

However, the central hall didn't seem to be as plagued as the other colleges. If there was any place to turn this battle around, it would be here. But that was a great risk by itself and they didn't seem to have any back up with the door sealed shut. Whoever this guard is, she better be damned well sure about what she is doing if they were to turn around and fight these cretins. Rather than speaking, however, she clenched her bow and the strap of her quiver.

Last edited:
Allister Wolfthorn
HP:15/15
Mana:5/5
Allister sprinted towards the only exit in the most beloved of buildings of his life. Never has he seen such horror. The ashes gently floated down around him in a rain of embers that would normally provide a serene view to any third party; but, to him it was a living nightmare to picture every sentence, word, and letter slowly burn onto the building that inhabited them. Down every flight of stairs in a hurry to escape it, but not to his liking of velocity as he began to meet a larger gathering of peers that were also trying to flee. Some would return back up the creature-infested floors. Others grew tired as their feeble bodies could not keep up with the group due to the extent of time spent cooped up in the chambers of knowledge. As he and a few other students ran towards the exit, finally making it to the ground floor, a large being flew in as the doors shut behind them. Allister ran faster with his hopes held high that they could still escape before the door began to shine bright in its center, locking the two tall barriers in place with a spell cast from an unknown source.

"This can't be happening!" Allister thought to himself as he slowed down his pace when the creature came into view. It was the coveted Captain of the Guard, Arlia Leafblade. Seeing her almost made him forget of the destruction that was occurring behind him. "You are students here, yes?" Her proud voice completely disregarded the commotion in the building, ringing clear as a bell. "Yes." Allister quickly responded along with the other students surrounding him. As everyone spoke, Allister scanned everyone in the group around him realizing that they had a valiant leader that was certainly here to do more than simply help us escape. With the door shut behind them, Arlia was here to defend and conquer the savage invaders. With a quick snatch from within his robe, Allister pulled out his trusted staff and gave it firm grip to the thought that the group before him was going to protect the library from further calamity. Something was to be of use in all of the knowledge he gained from all the time he's spent here, and it was finally time to show how capable he's become because of it.

Last edited:
The Captain of the Guard heard their declarations. The door that stood between them and the body of the academy's main hall was closed, but not locked. Arlia didn't know what was on the other side, however, and that gave her some small pause. Had she gone in over her head? No! Arlia was chosen as the captain because of her abilities to overcome impossible odds. She did it with the trolls, she can do it with demons. "Alright, listen up. If this school is as overrun as I'm hearing it is, then we have our work cut out for us. Demons, creatures the likes we have never seen... Unfortunately your only way of escape is going to be with me, so if we work together, we can get out of this mess." Arlia made her way to the door that lead into the academy from the entryway. "The entrance to the Library should be just past this door. This will be quick. Gather yourselves now, but do not waste time."

She stood by the door, closing her eyes and she seemed to emit a soft white glow as she channeled her magic. Through the halls she could hear what sounded like skittering or small claws clapping against the stone floors of the school. She couldn't feel anything extremely dangerous as she probed into the hallway.

Dalius Crowhammer

Dalius was caught in a sour predicament. His only means to escape the hell that their school had become was through the one person that sought to dive back into that hell for reasons unknown to him. "We really don't have a choice here, I guess." He kept his grip on his broadsword tight as he glanced at his fellow students. He took a deep breath... I am going to regret this decision. I just know it... Mother Moon guide me. Upon finding his own resolution, he took his blade and began making his way to Arlia. After a couple of steps, however, Dalius turned to his fellow students. "You heard the captain, yes? We need to get moving," he said with disgust in his voice that was blatantly directed at the situation, not anyone specifically.

Az'Belor Darkclaw

As Az'Belor watched the Captain venture toward the library, with the large highbourne vindicator soon following, he turned to examine the other students. He questioned the four kaldorei's combat abilities, they looked the studious types, apart from the one obvious ranger. Spinning each sword in his hand, Az' gripped them with the blades facing downward, preparing to rush into the library. First, however, he jogged toward the captain, before placing his hand upon the vindicator's shoulders.

"We Highbourne shall take the vanguard then." His voice announced as he nodded upward toward the vindicator, who stood a few inches above Az'Belor's height. Attempting to read his comrade, he could only see what seemed to be a resolute state. Good, these kaldorei would need the nobles to remain steadfast if they were to succeed.
"These 'demons' will fall in Azshara's name." He promised, looking toward Arlia before facing the door she casted upon, preparing himself.

Thalysara Sagemoon

The ranger fell in line with the two Quel'dorei that were with her. Thalysara was not at all thrilled by the idea of getting back in the fray of the academy, but if meant escaping, then so be it. She nocked an arrow onto her bow and remained in a squatted position, ready to spring to action when her team was. She turned her head to look at the spell-wielders who seemed to have paused. "We'd best be moving," the ranger said in a neutral tone.

Thalysara looked towards Arlia as she channeled her magic. "Captain, what is your plan?" she asked, hugging the wall at her position.

Faeryn Moonbloom

Unsettled, worried and frustrated, Faeryn growls under her breath. She couldn't believe how fast her entire world was flipped upside-down, and how unprepared the captain seemed to be; however, she felt stronger about fighting than being a coward. As her life burned to ashes, her heart grew somber and hard. Faeryn gripped her shortbow and joined the others, staying behind and looking ahead to take advantage of her range.

Stepping beside the ranger, Faeryn mumbles lividly under her breath, the fury of her friends, passions, and loved ones in danger writhes under her words, "Tor ilisar'thera'nal".

Alyasia Windsong
HP: 11/11

Escape. Everyone seemed to be so focused and worried on it, when they should have been fighting from the beginning, to stem the tide of these abominations. At least now it was no longer an option, and they could do what most of them trained to do. Defend their people, their faith and nature itself. The Quel'dorei moved to the forefront of the group, and couldn't help but announce this fact, as if the rest of them should be in awe of their bravery. Arrogant, even in the face of such a cataclysmic invasion.

"We heard princeling, don't need you parroting it." Annoyance was evident in her voice. The druid had little patience for the Quel'dorei, finding them to be irritating at the best of times, and utterly unbearable at the worst. There were more pressing concerns for her to focus on however, striding up beside her fellow Kal'dorei, twirling her staff in her hand as she awaited for the door to open. "Let us show these Highborne what the daughter of Elune are capable of sisters. Anu'dorini talah."

Nythodries Silentgrove
HP:
14/14
Mana / Stamina:

Nythodries had engaged himself in defense as the most hideous of creatures seem to have come barreling toward him with his being a longer and all. His dagger only offered so much protection as he knew better than to let the creatures get to close. In the midst of his minor brawl, he watched as students much like him took off running down the corridors, but had never truly heard anything after that. Assuming the worst, Nythodries knocked back a single beast with enough time to bolt and create enough distance between the creatures and himself. He didn't know the severity of the outbreak, but he did know that trying to take out the creatures himself would only get him killed and what good was an assassin dead?

As he rounded the corridor near the entrance/exit to the school with a great speed that had his dark robe flapping against his legs, he was forced to skid to a stop in order to prevent himself from slamming into the back of any of his fellow students. at first he was furious that he couldn't get around any of them without pushing them aside, but the Captain caught his eye and he soon paid close attention. Team work. Not my skill of expertise, but needed for survival.

With a rather strong look of annoyance, he listened carefully as those around him seemed to butt in their two cents and had it not been for the fact that their only way of making it out alive was through each other, he'd have ditched them entirely. One thing was for sure, standing around while deciding on what to do while the creatures poured in and were now surely on the hunt for all that they had seen could wind up quite terribly. "Pardon my intrusion on the discussion and my late appearance. Not to be a bother nor discourage anyone, but standing around here all humbly or panicked will not run those fiends from destroying us or the academy," he raised his tone so that even the Captain could hear him, seeing as he'd rather maintain a bit of distance from the crowd rather than pile up with them so there was room to run.

Allister Wolfthorn
HP: 15/15

The captain solidified his beliefs. She was here to help, and that was all. With staff in hand, he could feel his blood starting to boil as he grit his teeth in anticipation of the door flinging wide open before him. Every monster was to feel his wrath for the damage they have done. It was then that his conscious kicked in, "Allister, remember to remain calm. Your powers only work best when you are channeled on the task at hand."

Piercing the ground in front of him with the base of his staff, he held the tip of it with both hands. He gave himself a deep breath as he softened the grip of his fingers. As the influx of oxygen entered his lungs and bloodstream, he felt a wave of calmness take over his tense body. With eyes forward, his silver pupils gazed at the door, striking it with a laser-focus that helped him regain his confidence. "Alright, I'm back. Let's do this," Allister whispered to himself, knowing that everyone was on the same level of concentration, be it from preparation or fear.​

Last edited:
Captain Arlia Leafblade looked over the group of students that was with her. Her blood was boiling. "Very well. We move in 5. 4. 3. 2..." Without another word and a deep breath, Arlia used her shield to shove open the doors that swung out and collided with the walls. Looking in both direction, small demons with fire engulfing their hands and feet were padding around in small groups, flanking the entrance to the Headmaster's Library. Immediately, Arlia strode up the northern hallway, using her shield to provide herself and her newfound allies some level of cover. "Take out these demons!" she instructed as all of the tiny cretins had turned around, their flames growing from just enveloping their hands and feet to engulfing their whole bodies, their laughter was the stuff of nightmares...

As the imps began to seemingly "charge up," they were all laughing maniacally. It was a piercing laugh that proved to be annoying to the extremes. They were small, no more than three feet to be sure, but probably a tad shorter. They had horns atop their black, seemingly charred skulls, while their green eyes complimented the flames their wielded. For beings consumed by fire, they sure seemed to take comfort within it as a psychotic masochist would take pleasure from being inhumanely tortured. Both groups of imps would be in packs of four.

Last edited:
Dalius Crowhammer

Dalius took his broadsword in hand. A training weapon, yes, but a weapon nonetheless. Based on the size of these foes, it didn't seem like he needed much more than what he had anyway. As soon as he saw them become consumed by fire, however, he paused, trying to process what he saw. Were they... charging up? Strange creatures to be sure, but they were demons after all. He kept himself in a defense posture as he examined the imps, trying to get a glimpse as to what these foul critters were up to before charging in, sword swinging.

Insight Roll - 10

Az'Belor Darkclaw
Princeling? Was this kaldorei truly that jealous of his heritage?
"Hah, capable of? Then by all means, lead the charge!" He mocked in response, doors soon to swing open.
"Didn't think so." He quickly interjected before she could respond, the loud crash of Arlia's shield shoving open the door bringing him into attention. He didn't have time to discuss the lowborn's vanity.

Rushing through the opening, he noted Arlia charge in, calling for them to assist her. The strange, tiny creatures filled both hallways. It was unwise for them all to rally against the same group, he didn't want to leave the more frail apprentices susceptible to a barrage of the demon fire. Arlia was a seasoned veteran, and Az'Belor needed to act now, she could handle herself with ranged support, but he was not sure of the vindicators abilities, and thus ran down the same corridor, blades still held below to allow for a sprint.
The laughter of the small creatures filled his head as he rushed toward them, why would such insignificant looking creatures be involved in an attack? He would not underestimate them.
"Bandu Thoribas!" He shouted toward the demons, preparing to strike them down.

Ravenheart Ravenheart the imps did seem to be preparing an attack. What to expect, however, was unclear. If the laughter was anything to judge by, fear was the last thing these small monstrosities harbored in their minds.

Thalysara Sagemoon

Thalysara glared at the Quel'dorei that was talking down to them. Strange. The Vindicator apprentice seemed to disregard the perspective of caste while the Keeper squire maintained it. The ranger decided to keep her more passive mannerisms in play when it came to the banter, but this was no longer the time for talk. She stepped into the junction and glanced both ways. Both of the warriors went to her right while Arlia Leafblade went to her left. The spellcasters can offer the Highborne enough assistance. With that, Thalysara quickly got behind Arlia's shield. She tried her best to use her perception as she peeked out from around Arlia's shield. "Any one in particular I should snap first?" the young ranger asked.

The imps were small, fragile creatures, none looking any different than the others. Arlia kept her shield at an angle that would protect both herself and Thalysara, looking back at her only briefly. "Any of them I think!" she replied, keeping her pose leaned forward to block and intercept the coming attack.

Faeryn Moonbloom

Faeryn rolls her eyes at the quarreling ones- of all the problems to focus on right now, they choose pride? Before she gets a chance to shoot them a look with intent to shut them up, Faeryn flinches at the reverberating boom that Arlia's shield ignited. Mini monsters now. They are seemingly less intimidating, but their laughter.. Those piercing, haunting vocals echoing off the hall walls, sent a sick uneasiness through her.

Snapping out of her discombobulated funk, quickly, she instinctively aligns herself so as to both see and be in range of as many allies as she can. Faeryn has yet to learn a significantly useful offensive spell, but her confidence in her healing abilities overpowered that which lacks in damage. But she could still at least hinder an oncoming enemy. What in Elune's name were the other students waiting for?! Captain Arlia made her plan clear, and Faeryn didn't need to hear the killing command twice. She lifts her bow, nocks an arrow and aims at the middle imp on the side without the captain. Abiding to her hastened orders, Faeryn slows her breath just enough to steady her aim, then takes relief in releasing her first arrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back