• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom War Games Online

Field Marshall

Eight Thousand Club
This summer's hottest new monetized VRMMO has just been released, a game called War Games Online. Fantasy, Modern, and futuristic all coincide in this one game that is the personification of real time strategy and tower defense games in VRMMORPGs. Players will command NPCs be it from the front lines or from a HQ to do battle with enemy players for land, liberty, wealth, experience, and more. Players will form Clans which will go to war with each other for personal reasons or for assets. Because this is a monetized game like GGO in game currency can be converted to real world currency.

To kick it all off a competition where clans compete to be the very best and is ranked by their wealth. The number one clan receives 1 billion dollars in real world currency with the 9 runner up clans receiving 100 million dollars, all to be split evenly among the clan. Players who wish to take part will have to register and pay a $100 entry fee. They will be placed in secure state of the art facilities where they will in game 24/7 from the first day of summer to the last.

OOC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/war-games-online.319591/

CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/war-games-online-character-sign-up.319855/

IC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/war-games-online.319587/

Last edited:
storm_hawks___the_condor_by_aerrow1324-d4kega1.jpg

Knightwalker checked the time as he finished browing through a catalog of flying warships. He guessed the rest of the first members of his clan should have already finished the set up and importation process, they could be spawning at WGO's Town of Beginnings at any moment. Well at least they would be able to find him via the Clan section on the player menu which replaces the Guild section. "Most clan leaders would set up headquarters in a fortress or a castle, but nope this clan leader is smarter. I am gonna set make sure my Clan's HQ is mobile." he commented as he pressed accept to purchase a flying warship that met his needs. He decided to call it the Sky Glaive, and on the Clan Management menu set it to be the Clan's Main Head Quarters.

Knightwalker exited the store he had bought the ship in, he was thankful currency did carry over with his avatar but also recognised that's a big leg up those who create new avatars won't have. Maybe this competition wasn't meant for newbies at all. Maybe they want to see only experienced players go at it. Knightwalker contemplated this as he crossed the Town of Beginnings to the town's shipyard where he's supposed to pick up the Sky Glaive from. When he finally arrived he stood in front of the ship and looked at it suspended on the edge of this flying city that is the Town of Beginnings. He decided to wait here for the others and admire this warship that was gonna help them make moves fast in this world.

Webs Elk Webs Elk 54160 54160 wdinatx wdinatx

Jacob was (of course) being literaly dragged by kris towards the shipyard. While he was intrigued by WGO he would have never played if it wasent for her, though it was the same with her in SAO. "Really, this is a little extreme don't you think?" Jacob remarked. When he got nothing but a grin he accepted his fate. Arriveing at the docks we wrench free so the leader person wouldn't see. "Hello, I'm Aven and this is Krescent, nice to meet you." Jacob said with a smile.

Krescent & Nass

79af1fd587e616bd3a6495acbb6e945a.jpg

Aijima.Cecil.full.1645458.jpg

Krescent smiled as she dragged Aven towards where they were supposed to meet their clan leader.

"Really, this is a little extreme don't you think?" Aven stated.

Krescent gave him a grin. She was basically doing exactly what he did to her in SAO. Unfortunately, SAO ended up being a death game and all that so hopefully WGO won't.

"Here!" Krescent exclaimed once they were at the docks. She would've continued to hold Aven but he wrenched free.

Oh well! She thought to herself. She stood next to Aven as he introduced the two of them.

Meanwhile, Nass finally spawned and started making his way towards the docks.

Finally! Me and my sister can spend our summer together! Nass thought to himself. In the real world, Kliff went to a prestigious all-boys boarding school so ever since he went in 6th grade, he had rarely seen his sister. The VRMMORPG's were the only ways he could continually spend time with her and since this was his first summer without literally nothing to do for school, he decided to take advantage of it.

Once he reached the docks, the first thing he did was run over to his sister and give her a big hug, " Hey Krescent! Did ya miss me?"

Krescent shouted in joy once she realized her brother was finally in the game. She turned towards the clan leader and smiled broadly, "This is my brother, Nass!"

Field Marshall Field Marshall wdinatx wdinatx

"I see...." Knightwalker replied taking in the three individuals before him. He cleared his throat and began to speak. "Greetings Krescent, Aven, and Nass. Welcome to the Kingsglaive Clan. You guys had the sense to come here without me having to send a message so that's a good start. There is at least one more we are currently waiting on. But that ship over there, the Sky Glaive. That is our new HQ complete with furniture a starting reserve of resources and a crew of NPCs including a pilot. This competition is going to long and ardous hope I chose right in counting on you guys. If not for me or the money do it for yourselves your own pride and self esteem. Let's win this thing.... I guess that speech was a little over the top but what are games for if not to be over the top."

Webs Elk Webs Elk 54160 54160 wdinatx wdinatx Davod Davod

Last edited:
Hitokiri spawned at WGO Town of Beginnings, it was a weird but known sensation to see his hands, arms and body appear in front of him from the nothing, just like it happened in Aincrad,to think so caused a cold chill run through her body many memories came some he had worked to bury, his legs were shaking and he needed a seconds leaning on a wall to recover, but he felt more calmed when he closed his eyes for a moment and remembered this was not SAO and he was not that Hitokiri.

He walked by the streets, the players seemed to be veterans,but the atmosphere of excitement of the first day in the new hot VRMMORPG was the same, he went to the docks, looking for his new clan, and he seemed to find it when he saw a tall man talking to 3 others, he came to them when the tall man said:

-Let's win this thing.... I guess that speech was a little over the top but what are games for if not to be over the top.-

Under the mempo or samurai mask of his helmet he smiled, and after the speech ended, he simply said:

-Konichiwa-

A new game. With that comes a new adventure. Cody spawned in a new area, adrenaline coursing through his veins. He cracked his neck, and stretched his arms. Then he checked to make sure his equipment was all there. After a quick run through, it was confirmed that he had everything. With that, he slung his sniper rifle, nicknamed Andromeda for no other reason than because Cody thought it sounded cool. He strutted to where a few of what he assumed were his clan mates just in time for the ending of the leader's speech.

"Howdy, the names DeadEye but you can call me whatever you want. I guess I'm the sniper of this crew. You may have heard of me." Cody gave a slight smile at his last remark. "Let's win us some money eh!"

54160 54160 Field Marshall Field Marshall Webs Elk Webs Elk wdinatx wdinatx

Last edited:
Knightwalker after acknowledging the two new arrivals motioned for everyone to follow him. "Let's go board our new Headquarters and get a move on." He lead them to a lower level of the shipyard and to a door that was level with the bottom of the ship. A long bridge extended from the base of the Sky Glaive where a door inside it hung open. Knightwalker walked across the bridge and into the Sky Glaive. "Feel free to explore the ship, I am going up the Bridge. Join me up there when you're ready to plan our first move." Knightwalker then turned and walked away from the rest of the group.

wdinatx wdinatx Webs Elk Webs Elk 54160 54160 Davod Davod

Krescent & Nass

As Knightwalker walked away, Krescent looked around at everyone gathered, " Looks like I'm the only girl ... Oh well!"

She started skipping off onto the Sky Glaive, eager to see what the giant ship held within. She immediately went to the sleeping quarters wing and randomly chose a room.

"Wow! He spared no expenses!" Krescent remarked.

She was pleasantly surprised to see that it was basically an apartment. She had room to decorate, cook, practice her skills, and most importantly play games.

"Hehe ... A game within a game!" Krescent chuckled as she headed out the room, already planning on what she was going to do to decorate it. She started heading towards the Bridge.

As Knightwalker and Krescent disappeared into the ship, Nass looked around at the group.

A mage, an assassin, a sniper, and multiple swordsman. That's a pretty diversified group considering the variety of others. Nass thought to himself.

Deciding to try and scare his sister, he activated his Chameleon Set and made his way on board. He spent a couple of minutes trying to find her within the giant ship but failed miserably. Deciding to head on to the Bridge, he started following the signs and making his way up to the top. Once there he spotted Krescent and since he never deactivated his set, he was still invisible. He walked up behind her, leaned in and said, "BOO!"

Krescent, instinctually, swung her staff around her person 360o degrees. Nass narrowly avoided being cut by ducking underneath.

"Woah! It's me sis!" Nass said as he deactivated the set, trying not to burst into laughter. Krescent pouted and started playfully hitting him.

"That was mean!" Krescent said.

Nass chuckled as he sat down next to Krescent, waiting for everyone else.

wdinatx wdinatx Field Marshall Field Marshall 54160 54160 Davod Davod

Jacob wanted to start the mission, but ended up to going to see where they will sleep and he also randomly chose a room(coincidentaly next to krescent's room but he dosen't know that). Then after exploreing his small apartmant he immediately started waiting(impatiently) at the bridge.

Hitokiri listened his new leader, he seemed experienced in the art of leading people, however he decided to explore around he went to the bridge taking care that it doesn't seem like he was following Knightwalker, he was not, instead he wanted to see how the ship operated, it wa not precisely surprising to see much of the navigation was done with NPC's, but he was curious about if an actual player could take the controls for a moment.

The NPC's only gave him poor answers, it was like talking to Department of Motor Vehicles employees, Hitokiri sighed but remained seeing them, maybe he could learn more by observation rather than asking.

After a while observing the NPC's he left them, and walked to where the Krescent and Nass were, and sit in front of them.

Knightwalker stood in front of a large circular table like console that rose to about waist height. It was a computer projection pad on its surface projected a map of the area and above it screens that showed different options of how they could proceed. One showed a quest they could take on which was basically a dungeon clearing quest. Another some of the land in the nearby area they could purchase but they would have to at least stick around and set up things like how one would set up a base in a game like Clash of Clans or Social Wars, it also showed already develop land and buildings that could be purchased but would need to be protected. So basically they could clear a dungeon or try to get to work setting up some assets. He waited for the other to check the two options and voice their opinions.

Davod Davod wdinatx wdinatx 54160 54160 Webs Elk Webs Elk

Jacob wanted to remove his rust as quickly as possible, though he really didn't want to that to sway him too much. So he acted the way Kris would have in SAO, "Hey Krescent, where are you dragging me off to now?" Jacob said, hoping he doesn't get too embarrassed.

Krescent & Nass

Krescent looked at the two choices before her. They could either start gaining power & money by buying and building on land or they could immediately start clearing dungeons.

In a way, both were really good choices.

The Pros of getting the land was that they would be getting it before others thought about it, giving them access to the best prices and if they play there cards right, they could be making a steady income within the first week. The cons, for Krescent & Nass anyway, was that she already had a lot of money wired to her account, so she currently didn't need more and she'd prefer to battle. Another con is that other clans might clear a dungeon first.

The Pros of clearing a dungeon is the EXP they receive and the treasure at the end of each one. The cons is that it would be most likely harder to get land in the future.

There's definitely more dungeons in the future ... Krescent thought to herself, as she made up her mind.

"Hey Krescent, where are you dragging me off to now?" Aven asked.

Krescent smiled, "I'm not sure yet but I think Nass has the same idea as me so far."

As Krescent looked towards him, Nass spoke up, " I think we should purchase the land. Now is probably the best time as not a lot of people are thinking about it or has the resources to make a profitable one. "

Krescent nodded as she agreed with Nass, " To be honest, I'd prefer to battle but there's always going to be more dungeons later on, but not always enough land. If we take advantage of the assets we have now and start building on them, we'll rack up a bunch of points before we even clear a dungeon! I mean, everyone has to eat, sleep, and get weapons. Even if we just build the basic buildings, for now, we'll be making progress without even doing anything really."

Nass nodded and spoke again, " Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but me and Krescent have a lot of money wired to our accounts so fortifying and building on the purchased land will be quick and easy. "
wdinatx wdinatx Field Marshall Field Marshall 54160 54160 Davod Davod

Connor looked at the ship with a smug smile. He knew his online friends would be jealous of the hulking warship. He decided to skip the whole room finding process and instead went to the bridge. The sniper hoped to eventually be put second in command, and thus tried to look mature. After all he could tell he was one of the oldest. Second or third at least. He listened attentively to the leader's words. Both options seemed like they could work. He pondered for a bit before listening to the mage and assassin's input. He nodded "I have to say I agree with these two. As a sniper I like to stay back and wait for the battle to unfurl, then I chose my targets. I as well have a decent," he said the word decent with quotes, "amount of money from GGO to buy land. I also agree that, as more clans join, land will fill up. We should buy it fast while we can. I'd say a small price big enough for a base where we can recruit others and gain influence, as well as stay when we're in the area to prove we value it. I think that blacksmiths and ships and stuff will come later, but the base thing will definitely sell food and weapons that are bought instead of made. Finally, we're all new to this game. It doesn't matter how good we were in past games," he gave a boastful smile, "we still need to get a feel for any new features. That's what I think, at least." Connor was proud of his speech. He thought it made several good points. Unfortunately, he hadn't been the first to say one or two of them but it didn't matter. Those two seemed too silly to be second in command. He leaned two hands onto the table and waited for a reply.

Field Marshall Field Marshall wdinatx wdinatx Webs Elk Webs Elk 54160 54160

Last edited:
Then as Hitokiri walked in Jacob developed a confused look on his face. "Your username, I've seen it before." Jacob exclaimed. Though in truth, while the username was familiar all he could remember was that he was there. Jacob knew that he had to be good to survive the skull reaper battle. Just thinking about that battle made his blood boil at Kaiba for the game.

"If you want to buy and develop some land money is not the issue. The issue is that until it's self sufficient enough to have a decent levelled npcs defend it. Other clans could easily invade and takeover the land if we do leave it unprotected. So just know if we choose to do this, we'll be there for a while. If you're wondering why I am not suggesting we take the land by force is because we'd be buying it from the game itself and receive a special bonus for doing so but also there's a morale boost to the NPCs of the land if we actually purchase it and are good landlords." Knightwalker explained. "Also there's a bonus for being the first ones to clear a dungeon and we don't know how valuable these bonuses are. Hopefully there will be a dungeon near the plot of land we choose."

Knightwalker tapped a few things on the interface for the console and it produced a screen showing nearby available land plots. He selected the map to also show known dungeons on the map. He scanned it searching for good lands near a dungeon.

Davod Davod wdinatx wdinatx 54160 54160 Webs Elk Webs Elk

Hitokiri was leaned on a wall with his arms crossed, sincerely he thought his new partners had reached the right answer by the wrong reasons. Just like Knightwalker he believed that building their lands could be achieved later, unlike him he would have preferred to took it by force, and that could be achieved only increasing their strength by fighting in the dungeons, however, Connor had a good point when he said "we still need to get a feel for any new features. That's what I think, at least". This was a new game and in Hitokiri's experience it was better to play safe for a while still.

He was thinking in that when another player said that he had seen his username before, Hitokiri turned his head to him, Hitokiri then giggled with a friendly expression, trying to deceive his partner, at this point the less he wanted was to be related to his past in SAO.

-Ah?, oh you mean the player also called Hitokiri from SAO?, hehe, it's just coincidence, maybe I should change my username-

Trying to deviate the attention from him he decided to take a neutral position to please everyone, it might work or it might not.

-Eh, this is a new game ... why don't we try first with a dungeon and then with a land, just to see how works both in this game, we can decide later which is more convenient-

Jacob could easily tell he was hiding something. If he could just remember who he was then maybe, just maybe something incriminating will come up. But he couldn't remember details and had no proof. Now angry he wanted to leave so he could distract himself. "Let's just go somewhere, before we start getting into to heated of an argument." Jacob said in an angry voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back