• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Want To Write A Book With Me?

OhGodOfWriting

Writing Addict
I love collaborative writing in a flexible setting. All those hours of writing can proudly see the light of day when written together, as if it is a book.

It works pretty much the same; you each have characters that you're responsible for controlling, and NPCs. If your character would react to something another character does or says, it could happen right away, rather than awkwardly, a post later. Dialogue, battle, and a slew of other things can be written with far greater ease. Long posts often still work, too!

ScreenShot2014-01-13at80901PM_zps9345aa3f.png

References are helpful, since both writers are likely to play roles in describing things (or at least need to have equal understand of things even if they aren't fully written out).

It requires a lot of collaboration, discussion, and flexibility, but it is well worth it! The level of integration and how exactly we do it varies from person to person. One person can act as "GM," creating an interactive story experience for the other writer, or both writers can have equal creative responsibility.

POV's: It can be written from third person omniscient (the way roleplaying is usually done) limited (where there is only one "main" character whose thoughts are shown) or even objective (no one's thoughts are seen). First person might even work.

This functions best in some type of collaborative writing pad such as Google docs (my favorite) or Titan or Pirate Pad (I find those to be more glitchy).

This style improves the writer far more than anything else I have found in 15+ years of writing, and it is so fun!

If you're interested, please check out my High Detail Search link in my signature to find out more about myself as a writer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this still open? It sounds very intriguing, though I do have a couple of concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back