Walking in the doors of a new site

So...I don't know much about this site or why I'm here but I guess I'll look into it as while I have fallen out of Roleplay a bit, a new site can be a breath of fresh air and could be a great step forward. That is if I can figure out some basic things and potentially some advanced things about how to do my normal writing properly and such I will most likely like get used to this site. 

About the Writer/Admin of the characters:

~The display name is a stage name

~Depression and Anxiety attacks, yeah it's not fun but I have it and move forward accepting them, learning to be okay with what I have

~Busy can often be an understatement, time for Roleplay can often be overshadowed by other things that's just par for the course in the ever changing ideas of life

~I prefer cake over pie, but I do like sweets in general. 

~I experiment with powers, generally throwing shit at a wall and seeing what would work/won't work is my go to style and from it I've learned alot.

~I kind of am in process of writing a book, it's only 19,000 or so words so far and I have more I can easily plug into it.

~I play alot of video games (will be putting a list in further down)

~Likes Electro Swing

[What I value in a character]

~I Value personality in a character first, no character is truly one that can be made without a distinct personality that isn't swallowed up by their powers or whatever else have them.

~Proper Power Usage. I've been around a bit and have seen people use god like powers without any real training nor to just try and gain an unfair edge over others to have their way. I despise those characters.

~A character is flawed, but not overly flawed to the point of pathetic-ness. I always value when a character has a backstory that shaped them effectively from how they started, that's what makes in my eyes a good story.

~In all instances, I value a character that is treated with respect from their writer (even if some are meant to be throw away ones)

[Videogames I play]

Runescape (yes it's still there)

TF2 (The best war themed hat simulator)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (no sun and moon yet)

Payday 2 (newest game to my collection)

League of Legends (sucks at it)

Monster Hunter

[Where can you find me]

Google+ almost all the time

Steam (ask me for a link to my profile if you want to add me)

Runescape

So with that out of the way, it's time I introduce the characters I personally use, I have more but these are the ones I tend to work with.

Thomas Everstorm, a drunk dragon who while he's physically strong, his mental state isn't all that happy go lucky. He's a gentleman though despite everyday starting off with a hangover and ending with falling face first drunk into whatever is nearby.

Virus (soon to be or is deceased from the rp scene for now), The tech god of progress, a mortal man who had his wish come true only to realize how much of a nightmare it actually was. He is not entirely there in his head but as he has progressed and gained power, he is ready to be sent off in a big way. 

Alice, daughter of Virus, built by him with protocols to save whatever is around when Virus isn't in his right state of mind. She cares for Virus alot and on the side she runs a very successful clothing shop.

Alison (god i realize how much I suck with names), the believed deceased wife of Thomas. Where she actually is who knows? But to Thomas, he almost fully believes that she is dead. Personality wise I guess I can describe her as "she'll beat the hell out of you for getting drunk but will help you get over a hangover" kind of character. She means well but dam she can be scary if she wanted.

Nicole, a smart student and daughter of two career thieves, she didn't know much about what her parents did for their jobs but after they were murdered in cold blood her life kind of took a downward spiral eventually ending up in the same world her parents tried to keep her away from. She is learning the tools of the trade from a drunk dragon and also is a big TV addict.

James, he is an odd one. While he is merely a human who can cast magic, he is often referred to as a monster though when it comes to interrogation and plucking information. His goal is to create a special magic steroid that has so little or no downside; results so far have been unsuccessful however.

[Links to the artists for the pictures as they appear]

First picture (Thomas): http://ardengrail.deviantart.com/

Second picture (Virus): I actually drew this one, might be hard to see.

Third picture (Alison): http://ardengrail.deviantart.com/ again...

Fourth picture (Nicole): http://ardengrail.deviantart.com/ and again

Fifth picture (James): https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MystfollowDragon/posts their Google+ profile, a long time friend of mine

beer_o_clock_by_ardengrail-da8tjnr.jpg

new virus.jpg

time_waits_for_no_man_by_ardengrail-dabnpxg.png

Nicole Reference.jpg

_hoodie_base___male (jimmy) 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to RPN!

Make sure you read the rules before you move further into the site!

Thank you! Umm I did get a warning from this post actually, it might be because I linked the artists to the pictures which i'm hopefully looking to sort out. If it's something else then I need to figure out specifically what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back