Waldron and Emmalia IC

Waldron looked down at her, sighing in frusturation "It sure as hell isn't okay, Emmalia...What did this to you!?" He began to take a few short paces, something that tore her up this bad may still be lurking around in the woods. Dammit, he shouldn't have chained her so far away. But she warned him of the dangers during the full moon...This situation was getting worse by the minute. And just looking at her wounds was infuriating to say the least. "Fuck, we need to get you help...Or something, no, no one would help when they take one look at your blood- Damn it all to hell, I should've stayed closer!" As he was shouting this, he was looking for tracks or anything that could help lead him in the right direction, whatever did this would pay. He was sure of that.

Despite the blood loss, Emmalia wasn't hungry for more blood. She was just... tired. "Not what, who. Ander. He found me. Not your fault." She had to pause to cough up more black blood that had seeped into her lungs. Once that was done, she wiped her lips with a shaking hand. "Wounds were made with an iron dagger. It'll heal. He wouldn't ever kill me. Not until he decides to." Her voice was quiet and raspy. She moved over to the tree and sat herself up against it. It was the best option to sit instead of lay but it hurt the wounds in her gut horribly. Some of the wounds were still slowly bleeding, others had sealed themselves already. She moved her hand up to try to hold the torn shoulder of her shirt up for modesty's sake, and didn't meet Waldron's eyes.

Last edited:
"Ander...I don't believe you've said that name before? Wait, wait, was it that noble boy?" Although he was pretty sure Emmalia didn't give a specific name, he had a hunch this may be him. Well, he had guts for coming out all this way to track down Emmalia and torture her in the dead of night. But they were some damn twisted guts...And Waldron planned on spilling them. Wherever this twisted thug was...He couldn't have gone far, they were in the middle of nowhere, in a forest. Yet, that was a problem in itself. "Emmalia, I know you said those wounds will heal, but I doubt it will be quick enough, we risk you getting hurt even more out here in the middle of nowhere, easy targets for brigands or monsters...We need to get somewhere civilized and fortified, fast."

Emmalia looked up and said, "Ander is that noble boy, yes. He...." She shook her head and stopped. Waldron didn't need to know what he did to her. Yet by the way she trailed off and looked away, it was clear he had done more. There was silence as she thought or a few moments. "I'm covered in black blood.... and I'm still bleeding...." She looked down at her hand as she pulled it away from her stomach. It was black with blood. "Dunno if I can walk...." After a few seconds she slowly said, "Your heart rate... 's very high. You're not scared, so you must be mad. I just wanna say... 's not your fault." Her assumption was that Waldron was mad at himself for what had happened. The thought hurt her heart - she had spent a long while blaming herself for Ander's actions in the past. Even then she still did sometimes. The thought of Waldron doing the same was terrible.

Last edited:
Waldron grumbled something again, looking over at Emmalia. She had a point, she probably could walk. He sheathed the warhammer across his back before stooping down to pick her up under her legs and back "This may hurt...I'm not the most dexterous person alive." He snickered slightly before pulling her up, taking a moment to gain steady ground. "We have to get out of well...this forest, we're exposed and you're injured, so we're at a disadvantage." He moved down hill, at first not seemingly a good idea for him, but it put a hill infront of them and whatever was possibly out there, so that was a plus. He had to keep looking for a road to get back into town, otherwise they'd just be stumbling through the same damn forest until something finished them off, and he wouldn't allow that.

Emmalia stiffened as she was picked up. It was rather uncomfortable to say the least, but she wouldn't complain. He was right, after all. They needed to get to shelter. It wasn't long before they came to a road, and from there it was a short distance to a village. Before they could enter it, though, she stopped him and made him move away so she could clean herself in a creek and change into clean clothing. While her wounds had closed, her burn wasn't healing, and too much movement risked pulling the wounds open again. But for the moment, she could walk. She walked with him, thoigh she slowed him down considerably, into the village and rented a room at an inn. She wouldn't tell waldron, but she knew that Ander was still following them.... he wouldn't let her escape.

Waldron balled up his fists as they approached the Inn and Emmalia got her room, he then leaned down to her level to whisper something "I'll keep guard for a few hours...I'll admit, I feel as if out of the few foes we've made, one of them is bound to be following us. Don't worry about my rest and all that, this isn't the first time I've kept watch for somebody." He did it a lot as a soldier. Just sat infront of some commander's tent with a spear and shield: In the rain, in the mud, in the damned scorching heat, but it was nothing new to him. Just sitting there guarding, wondering if the spear...or even warhammer in his hands was enough to stop something intent on coming after them and killing them. Well, he changed, he promised himself the past would not repeat itself. So he looked over at his companion and prepared himself for what Emmalia was going to say...Probably something about refusing the need to have a guard, but in her current condition and with that madman Ander on the loose or even the Executioner...Her wounds were too much for her to just say 'I'll be fine'

Of course it would only be smart for him to stand guard. She was badly injured and needed rest, and he willing to stay awake. So she sighed and whispered back, "Okay but you have to stay inside the room. In your armor and even out of it, you'd attract too much attention standing guard outside. And... I have to tell you something." She brought him inside of the room and closed the door, then said hesitantly, "I don't remember last night very well, but as we were walking I remembered something. Ander... he's not just after me any more. He's after you, too." With an angry sigh, she shook her head. "It's my fault that he's after you, but he gagged me and I couldn't tell him off. Because you're traveling with me, he wants to kill you. Probably just to torment me, but he also... he thinks we're lovers, I assume. He's still mad that I denied him all those years ago, and he's jealous. He'll take it out on you if he can. But it wouldn't be direct battle. He just likes having power over people. He'll try to kill you slowly, poison or... something." She shook her head again and very quietly said, "He already murdered everyone I cared for once. There's no doubt he will try again." At that moment, she wasn't an impassive, vampiric dark huntress. She was just a scared girl who'd been beat a few too many times.

Last edited:
Waldron had been looking out the window, with his arms crossed and a stern face. Yet the comment she made, of them being lovers and Ander trying to kill him for it. That, that's what got him to actually, for some strange reason, to smile and hold back a smile "He'd try and kill me because of that!? He must be a complete mad man, or just pathetic with envy. Don't worry about him trying anything to get me indirectly, it's not like I ever accept anything from strangers anyways. And he thought we were...together, oh, the jealous, psychotic madman. If he tries anything, i'll find that honorless scumbag and make him fight me in direct combat. Even though I have no doubt it would be entirely one sided. Yet, I suppose I've never seen Ander?" He was thinking now, his chin resting on his fist, as he asked the question he looked back at Emmalia

Emmalia sighed and shook her head. "You've never seen him. He has a scar on the bridge of his nose. Brown eyes, brown hair. Like I said, he's crazy and he just wants to have power over me - I was he one person who denied him. Had he married me he'd have become one of the richest and most powerful men in the whole kingdom." She sat down on the bed and searched through her pack to find bandages. Her burn wouldn't heal quickly, it would need care. As she worked, she continued to speak. "He is sneaky. If you order food... watch it carefully. Drinks too. And he can hire people. He's still rich. But... when I was
... chained up, I noticed something. The very air around felt different. I don't know what it means, but it's worth noting. "
She finished wrapping the burn and took off her boots. "I'm going to rest, I'm sorry but I can't stay conscious much longer." Though she hid it, everything hurt.

"It's fine, you need your rest anyways, not for me to keep you up much longer." He crossed to the door of the room, where his helmet and warhammer were laying against a drawer. He stooped down to put the helmet on, then grabbed the hammer, swinging it around to rest the head on his shoulder. He took a quick glance over at Emmalia, mainly to check that something didn't somehow sneak in while he wasn't looking. He then grabbed a chair and dragged it to the far corner of the room, sitting in it with the warhammer on his shoulder and his eyes looking over at the door, Emmalia, and the window, in that order. He had been quietly wondering how long this would go on, or just how long he would need to guard her. Emmalia seemed fiercely independent, he was sure that as soon as she was healed, she wouldn't need to be 'guarded' any longer, and he didn't have a problem with that. Guard duty wasn't his favorite thing, after all. This was a prime example why, he'd have to sit here for hours on end for something that could show up to not show up at all, and it all turned out to be a waste of time. Although she had his word that he would make sure Ander wouldn't lay another finger on her, and so he waited and bid his time for the thing he thought would never come

Emmalia had fallen asleep almost immediately after she had burrowed under the covers. The warmth wasn't necessary, but the weight of the blankets and the feeling of them was wonderful. It was peaceful and quiet when she fell asleep. As she slept, though, a visitor came in through the window.

The same grey cat as before hopped onto the window pane and jumped down onto her bed. It nuzzled against her cheek, then looked at Waldron and meowed repeatedly before nuzzling Emmalia's cheek again.

Em woke up with a jolt. She cried, "Peter?!" and rolled over onto the floor. Seconds later, she coughed up blood that had been collecting in her lungs. The cat nuzzled against her cheek and she muttered, "Thanks, cat. Could have drowned in my own blood... why aren't you leaving yet...?" It only took her a moment to realize why as she started shaking. Repeatedly, she shook her head, and she brought her hands up to cover her ears, though Waldron couldn't hear anything. "I-It's A-Ander, he must b-be outside. I know th-that whistle! C-cant move...."

Waldron stood up with a jolt. He had been awake all night long, and this was the first strange thing to happen at all. Outside.He looked over at Emmalia "Don't hurt yourself trying to do any heroics, or even getting up, stay right there!" Waldron carefully looked outside the window, trying to see where Ander must be...It wouldn't be anywhere obvious, he knew that much. Or maybe it would be, this psychopath may have been trying to scare them...He didn't see him regardless, and he walked over to Emmalia's bed, pulling her head up and having her sit up against the wall and then he shut the window "We need to get out of here, if I can't get to him, he can still harass us with this shit..."

Emmalia still shook her head periodically, even with the window closed she could vaguely hear the whistle. "He's working to mentally break me. At this point he'll try to make me feel helpless. Next, he'll try to trick us - make us doubt ourselves. Sometime in there is when he'll likely try to kill you. His tactics may have changed, though. I don't know." She did her best to think past the sound. "This could be a trap, you go out, leave me alone... we'll have to go out together, there's no other way." The cat, still in their presence, mewed in agreement. She chuckled darkly and said, "We've boxed ourselves in...."

"To hell with that." Waldron stated simply, he sheathed his warhammer across his back again, helping Emmalia to her feet and slamming the door open "He's not going to separate us, that'll just be what he wants..." He helped her through the hallway, down the stairs and outside, past all the likely confused people. He smashed the front door open with an angry fist, splintering and cracking sounds following. He then set Emmalia down by the wall besides himself, and drew his large weapon, slamming it into the stony ground "Ander! Listen to me you skinny little coward, using a whistle isn't going to get the fucking best of us, and your shadows won't hide your fear forever! Eventually you're going to make a mistake and believe me, I'll find you and catch up with you, and it won't be pretty. So, why don't you just come out now and we settle this like true warriors." Waldron knew he wasn't going to fall for it, but anything to shame this slimy bastard worked for him, some noble like Ander, attacking their ego was a very good strong point to make them lose patience or whatever else they may have been upholding. So Waldron waited for a response from the shadows of the buildings, wondering what would come first, another trap, or the man himself.

Emmalia had simply followed after Waldron. Once outside, she paid more attention to their surroundings, though. The whistling stopped seconds after Waldron spoke. Yet she didn't have time to warn Waldron before an arrow thunked into the wall next to his head. Emmalia stood immediately and pulled the arrow out, ignoring the darkness on the edges of her vision. She wouldn't let her blood loss get the better of her. The arrow in her hand shattered as she yelled, "FUCKING coward! Don't worry, Waldron, he won't do anything, he couldn't even get me to court him." Another arrow shot through the air and into her shoulder. She grunted, but otherwise didn't show any sign of noticing it.there was a note attached to the arrow. With a growl she pulled the arrow out of her shoulder, then ripped off the note. Without thinking, she read it, tossed it down, then ran forward toward the opposite building. Climbing the front of the building was not difficult, the bricks had deep chunks on them. To get to the roof was easy. On the roof, she jumped up and got to her feet. Ander was on the opposite end of the roof, and a bow lay on the ground next to a corpse. He had killed the archer. Em crossed the roof in a mere second and forced Ander against the wall. "Hello, Emmy," he sneered. Emmalia had her gauntlet on and was about to rip out his throat. "Don't you dare call me that," she hissed.

Waldron looked over at Emmalia as she took the arrow out and when she took off "Emmalia, Emmalia wait!" It was no use, there was no way in hell he was doing what she just did, so he muttered a curse and turned back around to the bloody arrow she left on the ground. He picked the arrow up and looked at the message while he walked to the building. He could at least, hopefully, hear if she was alright, but other than that he had no idea what was going on.

The note read, "Funny that you think you can protect this one. 15 and counting."

Ander said, "Why? Is that what Peter called you?" She raised her hand to go for his throat and he said, "Hang on there, You don't want to do that just yet. Think I don't have another trap for your friend?" Emmalia hesitated. He had a point. He could have more traps laid. Why else would he let himself get caught? "Give me a really good reason not to kill you and just deal with whatever comes." So far they had been fine, relatively. "Because I can fix you." For some reason, the way he said that infuriated her. She didn't know what he was insinuating with that, but she also didn't care. There was no way she would ever seem dependent on him. With little effort, she dragged him toward the wall she had climbed off of. "Let me tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to bite into your throat, cut you open, drop you over this edge, and let Waldron finish you." She was finding herself surprisingly bloodthirsty, and her voice hardly even sounded like hers. It was a low, almost animal growl, but it was loud, certainly enough for Waldron to hear.

Ander smirked. "
Careful Emmy. Your animal is showing. How disappointed your sister would be." Emmalia paused and pushed him so he was only still on the roof because she held his shirt. "You know I don't have a sister, what is wrong with you?" Ander shrugged, and nonchalantly said, "A lot changes in twelve years. No heir in a noble house, that won't do. Your parents had you young. Think about it." As much as she would have hated to admit it, she did think about it. And it made sense - why would he use that to lie? Because of this, she was silent for a few moments, but the scent of blood from the archer nearby was enough to bring her back to the moment. "Thank you for the insight. I'm still going to murder you. Maybe you're blood won't taste half bad." Before she could do anything, though, she felt a stinging pain in her side. Slowly, she looked down and saw that he'd put a needle in her side. "Gotta say, I thought telling you of your sister would be enough to get me out of here. Guess I gotta prove that I can fix you." For the sake of her own balance, she took a few steps back from the edge and her grip on his shirt broke. Her whole body felt... tingly. "The fuck is this...?" Her voice was still practically a growl. "Well, it's about a quarter dose, but it's enough for an example. Consider it a gift. And a reason to actually barter with me. Alone." He leaned in close and whispered so Waldron couldn't hear, "That shouldn't be hard - I don't think your companion will stay after hearing you just now." Again he smirked, and this time he walked away. The dead archer, the note, all was to bring out her more vampire side. Emmalia didn't stop him, she just stayed kneeling on the ground. Her hand was to her mouth and she was panting heavily. When she pulled her hand away, she found the blood to be red.

Waldron stared at the message "15 and...Emmalia must know have known some weak men...Or Ander is more of a threat than I thought." It didn't really matter, with Waldron's knight-ego, he took the message as a threat towards him, and he wouldn't be felled by someone like...well, like someone like the man that was dangling from the roof currently, held by his shirt "Emmalia! What the hell are you doing!? Just kill him already!" It was no use, whatever exchange they had, they were seemingly absorbed in it. And deep enough to allow Ander to seemingly trick her. "Emmalia...come on, you really fell for that..?" He mumbled that last part to himself, out of hearing...Well, hopefully, he still didn't know the extent of her superhuman hearing. He then growled as he saw Ander run off. "How the hell do I get up to you!?" He shouted over to Emmalia, hoping for a response

Emmalia heard what Waldron mumbled, but she didn't care. She was shaking. Her body ached horribly, but she didn't care, she was staring at her hand.Slowly, she stood up, then moved to the edge of the roof, grabbed the edge with one hand, and gracefully swung down to the windowsill beneath her, getting to the ground that way. Still, she held one hand over her mouth, and she couldn't stop shaking. Her eyes were wide and teary as she looked at Waldron. "This... it's not what it looks like, I.... I didn't drink blood." But would he believe her? Vampirism was supposedly uncurable, and here she was with red blood on her hand. And what had he said in the church? If she did or had done anything horrible, he would kill her. Hesitantly she took her hand away from her mouth to show him the blood on her hand and running from the corner of her mouth.

Waldron looked at her, his hands were gripped on his warhammer tightly, the blank helmet being what stared down Emmalia as she gestured to the blood. He then approached quickly, and grabbed her bloody hand, quickly and tightly "You better be telling the damn truth, because I'm pretty damn sure vampirism is uncurable, isn't it? And yet here you are, with blood as red as can be coming from your damn mouth." He then let go of her hand "Even someone like Ander isn't deserving to be the victim of the bloody thirst, no one is deserving of something so wretched." Every word he spoke was filled with a passionate hate, a historical hate. He let the head of the hammer dropped to the ground, then looked up at her "Well, explain yourself then, explain how there's blood coming from your mouth." Even after his strong words earlier, he was reluctant to believe fully that she did it...Maybe Ander did something? There was no telling if he was skilled with magic or alchemy... He'd just have to hear her out.

He was right - vampirism was incurable. But there she was, with warm red blood coming from her mouth. Her fangs had retracted, which caused all the blood to spread in her mouth. And the blood actually tasted bad. "Vampirism is uncurable, but- I don't know how, but this is my blood, Waldron. He put some needle in my side and everything felt weird and now.... Here, I can prove it." She pulled her hand away from his and reached around her neck to unclasp her necklace - the one that made her look human. Immediately the glamour faded, and to Waldron she appeared as she really was - a bit thinner than before, not exactly in a healthy way, but still she was beautiful. Her skin was creamy white and her eyes were actually a murky green. She showed him a grin to prove she had no fangs. "i don't know how, but he did it... he said it was only a quarter dose though, I don't know what that means...." To be human again was the best feeling she could imagine - next to killing Ander. She disagreed that Ander didn't deserve to be killed by any way possible, even if it was by a bite. But she knew better than to try to argue that with Waldron. Were she less excited, she'd have realized that she had injuries she was only surviving because of her vampirism. Her body was weaker. She hadn't even gotten time to truly rest much after everything that had happened.

He looked over at her in sudden confusion "You look...well, different. Fancy illusion necklace, I never would've guessed it did that...Well, to the pressing matter. You're injured, again, and without your supernatural healing, we may need to actually seek a doctor this time." He didn't know how she would react to that, based on what Ander gave her, her vampirism may return at any moment, or maybe not at all? Yet the thought still troubled him...To cure vampirism? In an odd way, that was like bringing someone back from the dead...and not to be an undead puppet, to be an actual, living, breathing, independent person. Yet his teachings told him that bringing back the dead in any form was corrupt and an abuse of power. How long could he believe that when he himself believed that something like that could save people ultimately for the good. People like his dead battle brothers, dead family. Bringing them back. He suddenly held his head, bringing himself back to reality, what was he thinking? Emmalia and all vampires weren't traditional undead, they were alive when they began the process, it was too late. Besides, his teachings told him it was an abuse of power for a reason. "So, let's go find one before you bleed out, because I'll say it, you convinced me."

There was a beat of silence before Waldron answered. How had he figured that her red eyes were hidden? Except now they were actually green again. After he spoke, thoigh, he held his head and she become concerned. What was he thinking that could be so upsetting? She'd have to question him later, because she realized he was very right - she was injured. Before they had even left the inn, she had coughed up blood, and that was as a vampire. Now she had a hole in her shoulder from an arrow, and her shirt had black and red blood on it, and the red blood was flowing very, very quickly from the wound. "But... the black blood on my shirt, they'll know what I was, they won't trust me. I'll get killed trying to be healed."

"Well, simple. We get your clothes washed off first. It's still mostly fresh blood, shouldn't be too terribly hard." Waldron looked around then walked to an empty stand, grabbing a wooden bucket. He then walked over to a well, dunking the bucket in and bringing it over to Emmalia "Here, problem solved." If only all problems were solved that easily... He looked back down the allyways of the streets. "Surprising that there no one showed up to witness the brawl...Suppose everyone's sleeping though." Waldron rolled his neck, he could go for sleep, he hadn't in quite some time after rescuing Emmalia and making sure she was okay. But there seemed to be more pressing matters, Ander may even still have been in the area. Even if he wasn't, getting Emmalia proper medical care seemed to be the new issue

Users who are viewing this thread