Vodak = Chimera

Samiel

One Thousand Club
If you've read the chimera-specific knacks, you can't help but notice the overwhelming similarities between Vodak's powers and an old Chimera's.

Is he really a Hekatonkhire? Hmmm..

Hekatonkhire is just a classification of undead. So a big undead chimaera would be a heka as would be an undead behemoth.

But what's the point? People just can't enjoy things anymore :P I blame Samiel. And his goddamn sparklers.

While the Chimera are somewhat similiar to Vodak. I think it's more along the line of convergent design?

Ie. the Lunars are imitating Vodak unconciously. Either that or, prior to being kacked, Vodak is suppose to be a fluid shapeshifter thingy... >_>

Harsh words lobbed by the blarney stone rubbers and clover eaters! What next!? Potato throwing!? BEER FLUNG BY THE KEG!?*

*This slurring profile brought to you by CW.

I think the Blarney Stone is generally kissed, not rubbed. I'm sure the rest of the characterization is highly accurate though.

When the water level rises and covers all coastal cities by about 8 metres of water? Cork will be fine. Because Cork used to be underwater like Venice before we invented plumbing.

So you can take your Gulf Stream and stuff it, we'll be rolling in the tourist cash when we're the only floating city left! :D

We'll keep the Blarney stone, too.

Samiel said:
When the water level rises and covers all coastal cities by about 8 metres of water? Cork will be fine.
You mean "fine" as in, "not wet", I assume. Not "fine", as in "totally fucked like the entire human race".

More like 'Fine' as in "The Pubs have Entrances above the water line"

That's all we've ever really cared about here.

I was more referring to the searing heat of the merciless sun that would beat down upon you like the fivefold wrath of the heavens, but hey, whatever.

It is true that we are a melanin-deficient people. I don't think you Dubliners can claim to be any different, though?

Clearly our only recourse is a giant space-mirror, with which to divert the sun to Antrim.

Dammit, did you pay any attention in Geography class? I realise the endless discourses on pre-christian viking settlements, fish stocks off the coast of Norway and how to find a small red circle on an ordnance survey map were a little tiresome, but there's important information buried in there!

Allow me to explain. The south-west part of Ireland - where you live - is warmed by the Gulf Stream, which in decades past gave you lot balmy tropical days while the rest of us languished under grey skies. I am implying that, now that the days are getting hotter, you will be seared by solar fires more fearsome than the thousand furnaces of hell, while the rest of us enjoy the blissful warmth that for so long you have taken for yourselves.

Actually the Gulf Stream keeps us warmer in summer and cooler in winter than the midlands, so we get no snow and miss out on the hottest bits of summertime..

I do heart the Gulf Stream though, even if it's in decline. I'll miss it when Cork gets rolled over by a glacier after a brief reign as the new venice.

Jukashi said:
I am implying that, now that the days are getting hotter, you will be seared by solar fires more fearsome than the thousand furnaces of hell, while the rest of us enjoy the blissful warmth that for so long you have taken for yourselves.
Hog swallop. I've been to Ireland in the summer, as well as Great Britain. 25 degrees Celsius is not the solar fires more fearsome than the thousand furnaces of hell. Hell, if it gets above 20 degrees Celsius, everyone is bitching and moaning about how hot it is. You Celts don't know heat. Come spend a summer in the sub tropics and then you can talk about heat.

Once I was in Key West in the summertime... that's probably the furthest south I've been at that time of year. In any case, my post included a little bit of hyperbole. Not much. Just enough. :wink:

I'd like to sport that we've better tolerance for cold by compensation, but really our weather varies little except for precipitation all year round.

I hear it's great for growing trees.

Still, I love our uniquely temperate climate, and I shall miss it..  :cry:

Bloody Gulf Stream. I just know it's the Gulfs cutting us off, keeping it for themselves and coveting its warmth for the coming warmth-war..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back