• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Vikings RP (Looking for male canon x OC)

Chatnoir1975

I kiss'd thee ere I kill'd thee
Hello, if there is anyone out there interested in roleplaying the History show Vikings, I'd love to chat! I would like to play an OC, and preferably have someone playing as Ivar.
I am literate and can write paragraph replies, and I love detail!

Ivar, really? lol

While he is badass i feel like the leg thing is still hard to pull off.

I was thinking about it and the show is just really...complicated lol with all the betrayal and power struggles. Who would you want to play?

Ivar, really? lol

While he is badass i feel like the leg thing is still hard to pull off.

Purely out of curiosity, why would you think so? I assume it might be hard to play if you are an actor with two healthy legs, but since it´s just writing, I feel it hardly matters. (No offense intended, I just like to write about him and it never occured to me someone woulf find this to be an issue).

Going strictly by the show I think he is just too limited of a character.

He is incredibly passionate, wanting only vengeance against Aella and Lagertha but that is all they really do with him I think. His passion I think robs him of more chances to be the tactical genius that he is supposed to be. That and I feel they never really make that transition yet from badass kid to charismatic leader like a Ragnar figure since his motives are still selfish.

Without leadership charisma or a more strategic mind, I don't see him really overcoming his disability. He is pretty much the embodiment of classic Viking values as he is arrogant, cruel, selfish, and borderline psychotic, but given his disability, this ultimately sets him up to fail. Due to this setup, I think it would be hard for the character to stray from this path both literally and metaphorically because of his legs.

He proved he isn't king material nor does he want to be and public opinion has not changed of him. He was/is treated very differently from his brothers, and if he did simply leave outside their realm without his brothers he would simply be an angry cripple acting out in my opinion.

This isn't to say he is a poorly written character by any means. He is almost the perfect tragic hero, and he is technically overcoming his disability through the strength of will really. I think that's great for a show or book, but only limiting for an open-ended adventure fan-fiction.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! Well if you asked me whether or not he should become the leader of all Vikings, I´d probably say no, but I thought you were saying something else, originally. I don´t think he essentially lacks depth though. He is still really young and has a lot of time to make the transition from psycho kid to respected leader. That said, I believe it´s necessary for a character to be king material or aspire for one; after all there can only be one king, the space around whom is inhabited by dozens of other characters, each of whom are awesome and unique in their own ways. And sometimes much more fun to watch and challenge to write about. Regarding Ivar´s developement in Vikings, I find it the pity that writers are set on stomping over whatever non-agressive plotlines he had - I really liked his relationship with Heahmund, until I saw that it was there only in order for him to become even more pissed off with Lagertha. I hoped there could be a positive twist for him, but now I imagine in the next season, he will become a totally ruthless leader and Heahmund will lead an army against him and from then on, he will be portrayed as completely psychotic. But, that doesn´t mean that I can´t write a fanfiction where things go differently. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back